Chapter 23

Only That Person

Cars were coming into Nang’s main house tonight. All family came to do their vote about Onew’s relationship with Seungyeon. Onew saw them came out from the car one by one from his room. Then he noticed a familiar black car came through the gate. It was his parent’s car. They rushed from Taiwan after they heard about this problem. Onew turned back from the window and came out from his room, knowing the vote will begin.

In the living room, all the family already gathered. He can see all his aunts, uncles, and cousins staring at him. Some looked very angry while the rest looked at him and feel sorry for him. Onew saw Jonghyun and Seungho stood next to each other and they smiled to him. He already knew IU wouldn’t be there because she still needs some rest. Onew looked around at his family once again and bowed politely to them.

“Onew!!” A voice called him from across the front door. It was Mrs. Lee Yunrae, Onew’s mother.
“Umma-” Onew stopped when his mother came running to him and hugged her son tightly.
“Onew, what have you done? Please, please tell umma that it’s only a prank you did to make us come home, right?” Yunrae’s eyes started to wet with her tears.
“Jinki, we need to hear the truth about this, straight from your mouth.” Lee Hyukjin, Onew’s father stood behind his wife and glared at Onew.
“I………” Onew pulled his mother off from him gently and looked straight at her. “Umma, what you heard is right. I’m dating a Dae girl, Seungyeon. She’s Han Dongmin’s daughter, the Dae head family.”

Yunrae was gasping when she heard Onew said that. Hyukjin only let out a sigh and stared at the floor, not knowing what to say.

“And umma, I can’t say ‘I’m sorry’, because I’m happy I can meet her and date her. So, I’m sorry I can’t say that to you.” Onew continued.
“We will start the vote now, so please come nearer. And Hyukjin, let your wife off from Onew.” Wonhyuk spoke out as the Nang leader.

Hyukjin helped his wife to stand and move to where the other stood right now. Onew stood alone on the other side while everyone was standing beside Wonhyuk.

“So, everyone knows, Lee Jinki, the first son of Lee Hyukjin, has violated the law and agreement between Nang and Dae. He dates a Dae girl, especially the Head’s family daughter. We will begin to vote to decide whether he will be forgiven, or………he will be killed like Heechul.” Wonhyuk explained. “Anyone who stands for Onew, stand beside him. Anyone who against him, keep stand beside me.”

Without hesitating, Jonghyun, Seungho and Dongho moved and stood beside Onew.
“Count IU with me. She said she wants Onew to be forgiven and allowed to date Seungyeon.” said Jonghyun to Wonhyuk.
“Me too, appa. I know that girl and she’s a good person. They don’t deserve this.” added Seungho.
“I will stand on my hyung’s side forever. I believe him.” Dongho held Onew’s hand tightly and Onew smiled warmly to him.
“Thank you, Jonghyun, Seungho, Dongho.” Onew felt really glad to have a bestfriend like Jonghyun, a kind cousin like Seungho, and nice brother like Dongho.

Yunrae, Onew and Dongho’s mother walked to them and hugged her children. “I know you very well because I’m the one who had you and gave birth to you, Onew. You’re never a bad child.”

Soon, Hyukjin, Onew’s father also joined his wife and stood for Onew. TOP walked with Narsha to Onew’s side and smiled to him. “I’ll support you too, Onew.”
TOP turned to the other side and talked to them. “I know the reason why this law is created. The war between Nang and Dae was happened because long ago, a guy from Nang family and a girl from Dae family were killed. They were a couple, so everyone accuse the other family for killing their family member. Then, this law is created so there won’t be any couple like them again. Both families scared if the same war will happen again.”
“Yeah. That was in the past. I’m sure Onew’s relationship with that girl will not end like that too.”said Narsha.

Then, GD followed his brother and walked into Onew’s side with Bom, hand-in-hand.
“Although I hate the Dae family, but I know not all of them are like that. I’m sure Onew will not want to date a Dae who is bad too, so I trust him and his girl.” said GD and Bom nodded beside him.

The three brothers, Taeyang, Kikwang, and Doojoon walked to Onew’s side too with Hyuna, CL, and Seohyun behind them. They looked at Jonghyun and smiled to him. “You have a great friend, Onew. He opened our eyes.” said Doojoon.
Onew turned to Jonghyun and confused with what Doojoon meant. Jonghyun only smiled to Onew and didn’t say anything about him begged to their cousins. Onew just shrugged it off and smiled back to Jonghyun.

Karam and Mika also joined Onew’s side and nodded to Onew. Onew felt really thankful to his cousins and friends. While Minzy looked confused because her sisters were on Onew’s side, Taemin nudged her before he walked to Onew’s side with Key and Minho.
“Onew is a very very clumsy person and too innocent.” said Key while he walked there. “But because he is innocent, I’m on his side.”

Onew never predict that Key, Minho, and Taemin will agree with him. They used to hate Dae will use any way to make them stay away from Nang’s area, but now they supported Onew. Minzy’s eyes met with her sister’s eyes once and she made a decision. She ran to Onew’s side and stood beside her sister without saying anything.

Wonhyuk let out a sigh seeing the younger generation’s decision. “Alright, I appreciate your decision, but the vote’s result will be absolute. I gave ten more seconds for all to make their decision.”

Wonhyuk started to count from ten. Until he counted the last number, no one moved from their position. Even without counting it, they can see many people, especially the elders were standing on Wonhyuk’s ide. The result has cleared, they against Onew. Suddenly, a man came and whispering something to Wonhyuk. Wonhyuk only nodded his head and the man left again.

“We got the result, and I just heard the Dae also already made their decision. They also against this, and they will kill their family member too.” said Wonhyuk.
“What?” Onew’e eyes went wide and shocked.
“I’m sorry, Onew.” Wonhyuk stared at Onew sadly.
“No, I’m fine with this, but please not her too. She’s innocent, please let her alive.” Onew walked to Wonhyuk held Wonhyuk’s hands.
“This is the Dae’s decision, Onew.” Wonhyuk held Onew to calm him.
“Uncle, tell them let her live. They can execute me instead of her. I don’t mind. Please uncle.” Onew said this and he heard a gasp escaping from his mother and the other’s mouth.
“Onew, the desion is made from all the family. We can’t-”
“Then I will tell them by myself.” Onew ran off to the front door, wanted to go to Dae’s place.

“Onew! Hold him!”W onhyuk called for his men who came as soon as he called them.
“Let me go! I need to stop this!” Onew struggled from Wonhyuk’s men’s tight grip.
“Onew, stop it. Are you out of your mind?” yelled Wonhyuk to him.
“I don’t care!” Onew started to hit them one by one to release himself.
“Knock him out.” ordered Wonhyuk.

Then, a hard hit was landed on Onew’s back neck. Slowly, he slumped down the floor and unconscious.
“Bring him to his room. And lock it this time.” said Wonhyuk.

One of his men picked Onew up and did it as his order. Everyone can only stare and they confused with what to say with this situation.

~~~~~~~~~~

Seungyeon had almost fell asleep already when Sunye came to her. She had stayed in her room the whole evening, not eating anything because she didn't want to face anyone.. she didn't want to see their pitying expressions.

Sunye sat on her bed and shook her gently. "Seungyeon, are you sleeping?"
Seungyeon opened her eyes and shook her head a bit.

Sunye was silent for a while then held Seungyeon's hand.
"The result from the Nang's voting just came..."

Seungyeon sat up quickly. "What happened? How is the result?!"

Sunye stared down to her hands and bit her lip. "They... voted against you."

Seungyeon froze and stared at Sunye. "They voted against us.." she muttered.

"I really had hope that things will turn out good for you, but...all the votes are against you two." Sunye said and squeezed Seungyeon's hand tightly.
"So tomorrow.. what will happen?" Seungyeon asked.

"I guess they will discuss about the results from the votings... and decide the date when they will..... they will kill you.. and how....." Sunye said holding her tears back. "Seungyeon, I don't want you to die!" Sunye then cried out and hugged Seungyeon tightly.

The two stayed in Seungyeon's room without saying anything for over one hour, just sitting beside each other.

"Sunye, remember how we always used to sit here and talk about everything for hours and hours. I don't think we have done that in a long time.. let's talk about something, you know this might be the last time we have a chance to do so." Seungyeon finally broke the silence.
"Please don't say that Seungyeon." Sunye said.

"Seungyeon, actually there is something I must confess, I tried to break Onew and you apart at one point. I asked some of my friends to help me, do you remember when we started the training, you met Woohyun and Dongwoo my friends. They sent some fake messages to Onew and some other things.." Sunye said.

Seungyeon remembered the happening when Onew had thought she had been kissing Woohyun. I thought it was strange how that guy was at the same place as I was..well now I know.

Seungyeon nudged Sunye and chuckled a little. "Aigoo.. my naughty Sunye."
"Mianhe." Sunye said.
"It's okay. But you know what, even how hard you would have tried to keep Onew and I apart, you wouldn't have succeeded. It would have been better if Onew never met me, because of me.. now he has to die. It would have been better if we never knew each other. I just brought misfortune to him.." Seungyeon said sadly.

Sunye shook her head. "No. That is not true. I'm sure you made him happier than he had ever been before, he loves you so much. He even came to save us when we were in the warehouse even though he was a Nang and could have just left from there."

"Because of me he had to face such dangerous situations.. because he loves me too much. And I do love him too.. so much." Seungyeon said and glanced out the window.
"Actually when we first started dating, there were so many things I wanted to do with him.. go to the movies, to the beach to watch how the sun sets, to a romantic date in a restaurant, to a picnic in the park.. yeah there were so many things I wanted to do with him, such corny things that all the couples out there usually do. But we didn't have the chance to do much, we just went to the amusement park once then walked around the city... but usually we just met at that little park out there or at the border, we never did anything much because we always were afraid someone would see us. I guess I wasn't supposed to do the things people normally do in my life, but i'm satisfied that I could have even this much, even though Onew and I didn't do much, I still enjoyed every moment with him." Seungyeon said.

"Please Seungyeon stop talking like you are going to die.." Sunye whined.
"But I am going to.. aren't I.." Seungyeon said quietly. "Well we all are.. I just might leave a little bit earlier than you."

"Oh, but let's talk about something else. This all is so depressing.... hmm... did my Sunye find any interesting guy yet?" Seungyeon giggled.

The girls talked till late at night until they fell asleep side by side on the bed.

Next morning Sunye woke up really early and as she glanced at Seungyeon she remembered what she had said last night.

Seungyeon and Onew never really had the chance to go to many dates.. I wonder if I could make that happen.. before.. they are killed... Seungyeon would love to go somewhere with Onew, i'm sure..

Sunye took her phone and started typing a text message to Jonghyun.

---------------------------------------------
From: Sunye

Can you help me? This evening after all the meetings between our families are over, please help me arrange a date for Seungyeon and Onew. They didn't have the chance to do that often, and I wish to give this as a present for Seungyeon.... before she has to leave. I know it might be hard to get Onew out of the house but please help me, let's get them to a date together somehow before it's too late.
----------------------------------------------