Chapter 20

Only That Person

The next morning, Onew woke up earlier. He came out from his room to take a drink and maybe breakfast too. Some of Wonhyuk’s men were still hang out around their house. Guarding the house and also watching over Onew.

“It’s the Dae family funeral today, right.” One of them suddenly spoke out and Onew heard them.
“Yeah. I heard all the Dae family, including the branch also coming. They lost 3 people on their side. Luckily we lost none.” Another guy said to his friend.
“But maybe we will lose one too, you know, that Lee Jinki, head master’s niece.” Onew flinched a bit when he heard this.

He walked away, not wanting to hear their conversation about him.

Dae’s funeral……Seungyeon’s father. I hope I can be there too. I’m sure she must crying now. But they will not let me go there of course. Sigh………Seungyeon, I’m sorry.

Onew walked back to the stairs and bumped into Jonghyun who wanted to go to his room.
“Hi, good morning.” Onew smiled and greeted him.
“Morning.” Jonghyun answered him.
“So, how’s IU?” Asked Onew casually.
“She’s fine. She needs a few weeks rest before she can leave.” Jonghyun replied shortly.
“Hmm……how about you? Your wound?” Onew asked his condition.
“I’m fine.” Again Jonghyun gave a short reply.

There was an awkward silence between them for a few seconds. Jonghyun didn’t know what to say to his best friend while Onew felt a little gloomy he can’t go to Dae’s funeral.
“So, what are you doing here? Don’t you should be with IU? ”Onew broke the silence.
“I’m going to change my clothes. Then, I’ll go to the hospital again.” Jonghyun looked at Onew straight.
Onew suddenly smiling and giggling slowly. “I already can imagine you with IU getting married. And then you will replace uncle Wonhyuk leading the Nang. Wah, you’ll have a happy family.”
“What? What do you mean?” Jonghyun frowned.
“Well, since IU is a noona for me, and she’s also the first daughter from uncle Wonhyuk, the first son of Dae head family, of course you will lead the Nang in the future if you’re going to marry her.” Onew explained it while keep smiling.
“And……you?” Jonghyun asked Onew slowly.

Onew’s smile faded away. But it was only for a short while before he smiled again.”I’m with Seungyeon of course, why whould you ask that?”
“Onew, you know……the vote……I can’t…I…” Jonghyun stuttered.
“Well, I can’t do anything either. This is involving both Dae and Nang, the whole family.” Said Onew.
Jonghyun kept staring at Onew with sad eyes. “Onew-”
“You know, you’re kind of smelly. You should take a bath, not just change your clothes.” Onew pinched his nose and ushered Jonghyun to go up while he also walked out, wandering around the house alone.

After showering Jonghyun changed and was putting on his shoes preparing to leave for the hospital.

"Jonghyun," Onew came up beside Jonghyun. "Can you do me a favor?"

Jonghyun nodded. Onew whispered in Jonghyun's ear and handed him something.

"Are you sure?" Jonghyun asked.
"Please. I'm 100% sure of it." Onew nodded.

Jonghyun smiled and headed out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~

The whole big Dae family had gathered to say their final goodbyes to their headmaster, Yesung and Yuri.

All the ceremonies had finished already and people were leaving one by one. Everyone except the head family who still wanted to stay.

"Who do you think will become the next headmaster now? I don't think it will be his son's, because they are still too young and immature." One man talked to another as he passed Seungyeon, Minhyuk and Minhwan.

"I don't know. I think there will be some kind of voting about that too." Another man said.
"You know, actually i'm not that sure if the head family is that trustworthy anymore, after what Yunho did..." One man continued.

Minhyuk heard them and quickly walked to them.
He bowed to them.
"Sir. Please don't lose your trust in the head family, we will try our best to fill the empty spot that was left after my father died. Even though I know things can't be done as well without him, but we will do our best so please trust us."

"I'm really sorry about your loss." The men said bowing slightly then left.

Seungyeon was hugging her mother who was crying by his husbands grave. She had three roses on her hands, one for her father, one for Yesung and one for Yuri.

Seungyeon placed the first rose gently on her fathers grave.
She tried to smile through the tears that were falling down her cheeks endlessly.

She remembered one moment with her father long ago.

------------------------------------------------
"Seungyeon.. never lose that bright smile of yours, smile like that to your old appa do you understand? And only for your appa ok?."
Seungyeon giggled- "But appa, one day I will find a really handsome boyfriend and then I will smile to him too. Or are you saying that I must sulk to him all the time?"
"Aigoo.. you are making me jealous already. When you find a boyfriend to yourself who makes you smile brightly.. then please bring him to see me and I will decide wether he is worth your smiles or not." Dongmin said and ruffled her hair gently.
"Appa I will find the best man you can ever imagine in this world." Seungyeon giggled and ran out of the room.
---------------------------------------------------

Seungyeon looked at the grave. Appa.. I have found the best man ever now. His name is Onew. But appa, you told me to bring him to you, but.. but I can't do that anymore, you are not here anymore. Appa.. I don't know what will happen to us now. I really need you here... but I know it's not possible anymore...... but appa one day we will meet again won't we? On that day, if we meet.. then I want to introduce Onew to you......and while you are gone, I will try to keep Minhyuk and Minhwan safe and in the right path.... I really miss you.... appa goodbye.

Seungyeon tried to put a smile on her face again but no matter how hard she tried she just coudln't.

Appa.. mianhe.. I don't think I can smile to you now.. I'm sorry.

Slowly Seungyeon turned away from the grave and walked to Yesung's grave where Yoseob was standing staring blankly in front of him. Seungyeon hugged Yoseob gently, he didn't react in any way just stared in front of him.

Yesung oppa, goodbye..
she placed the second rose on his grave. As she started walking away from his grave she could hear how Yoseob burst out crying.

Next she walked to Yuri's grave and placed the last flower there. She glanced at Yuri's mother who looked devastated about what had happened to her family. Her husband being a betrayer aswell as her son, who also killed his own sister.
Seungyeon took one last glance at the grave. Yuri-ah goodbye.

Minhwan and Minhyuk walked to Seungyeon.
"Are you done now noona, we should go. Omma needs to have some rest, she is already in the car." Minhwan said.
Seungyeon nodded slightly then hugged both her brothers tightly for a moment.

"Let's go." she said quietly and let go of them then headed to the car.

~~~~~~~~~~

Seungyeon, Minhyuk, Minhwan, and their mother were walking down the walkway to their houses when a car pulled up in front of their house.

"Who's that?" Minhyuk asked.

Everyone turned around to look.

Jonghyun came out of the car and bowed to them. He walked over to everyone and bowed again.

"I'm sorry for your loss." Jonghyun handed Seungyeon some flowers. "This is from Onew. He's- um- he couldn't come so he asked me to give this to you for your father, Yuri, and Yesung. We're both sorry we weren't able to go to the funeral."
Seungyeon took the flowers. "Where is he? Is he okay?"

Jonghyun looked away and thought for a moment before replying.

"He's fine. He wanted me to give this to you too." Jonghyun pulled out a jewelry box and letter. "It's a present for... your birthday, Christmas, valentines day, and every other holiday out there."
Seungyeon stared at the gift and letter before speaking. "What's going to happen to him?"
"I don't know. The voting will take place soon, but things aren't looking too bright." Jonghyun said solemnly. "I hate that I can't do anything about it, but Onew is still smiling. He wants us all to do the same."

Seungyeon stared at the gift then pushed it back to Jonghyun.

"I'm not accepting this. He's not gonna die!" Seungyeon continued to his the present against Jonghyun's chest.
"I can't take it back. He said to give it to you no matter what." Jonghyun pushed it back to Seungyeon. "I'm going to go now. IU's still at the hospital waiting."
"Is she alright?" Minhwan spoke for the first time in a while.
"Yeah. She still needs to be a the hospital for a few more weeks, but she's alright." Jonghyun said. "Anyways, keep your faith in Onew. He'll be fine."

Jonghyun bowed and left.

Seungyeon opened the letter and read it.

Seungyeon,

I'm sorry I wasn't able to go to the funeral. Things are kind of busy here. I've been inside my room thinking about things. I realized that you are the most important person to me right now. I love you so much. I hope that you feel the same about me too. Please smile and be happy because things will all be okay in the end.

Don't cry when you read this, but it might be the last letter and gift I send to you. Inside the jewelry box is a necklace that was given to me by my mother, the necklace has been past down for many generations. I have worn this necklace since I could remember, and I was told to give it to the girl I love. I hope you accept the necklace and wear it forever.

I can't write more know since Jonghyun's about to leave the house now, but don't forget me and keep smiling.

I love you now, and forever,

Onew your Dubu


Seungyeon finished reading the letter and opened the jewelry box. Inside there was necklace with a silver ring on it.

"Who is he and who is Onew?" Their mother asked.