Chapter 33

Only That Person

Onew and Seungyeon went inside the Neng grand ballroom. It was a huge two story ballroom with a dance floor in the middle.

"Onew!! Noona!!" Dongho waved them over to their table. "Sit here."

Onew and Seungyeon went to Dongho's table which was filled with Minhyuk, Minhwan, their mother, Dongho, and his mother and father. Onew pulled out the chair for Seungyeon and after she sat on in pushed the chair under the table. Onew then took his own seat.

"Who's sitting there?" Onew pointed to two empty spots between Minhwan and Onew's father.
"I don't know. No one." Minhwan shrugged.
"Excuse me. Can we sit there?" Two females tapped on Minhwan's shoulder.

Minhwan and Minhyuk stared at the two females with big eyes.

"Sure." Onew's mother said.

Minhwan and Minhyuk got up and pulled the chairs out for the girls then sat down. Now the two girls were seated between Minhwan and Minhyuk.

"Sorry to bother you, but it's our cousin's engagement and we don't want to sit in the back." The brown haired girl next to Minhwan said.
"Jonghyun has always been nice to us so we need to be their to support him." The black haired girl next to Minhyuk finished.
"Krystal and Sulli. How have you been? I haven't seen you in a long time." Onew greeted them.
"Annyeong Onew, Dongho, Ajumah, Ajusshi." They bowed.
"We've been okay. We missed coming over everyday to hang out with everyone though." The brown haired girl said.
"It's unfair that we had to move because of our appas, but since we went together we weren't lonely." The black hair girl said.
"That's good. I'm glad that both your appas are still working together, I mean both of your appas are brothers after all." Onew's appa replied.
"I know, but we could have stayed behind like Jonghyun did. Maybe then we'd have had more luck with boys." The girls giggled along with Onew's mom.
"Krystal, Sulli, this is Seungyeon, my girlfriend." Onew introduced. "This is her mom, and her two brothers Minhyuk and Minhwan."
"Hello." Minhyuk and Minhwan bowed.
"This is Krystal." Onew pointed to the brown haired girl sitting by Minhwan. "And this is Sulli." Onew pointed to the black hair girl sitting by Minhyuk. "Krystal's dad, and Sulli's dad are brothers with Jonghyun's dad, so all three of them are cousins."

Minhwan stared at Krystal while Minhyuk stared at Sulli. Both girls blushed after they noticed the boys staring.

~~~~~~

"May I have your attention please." Wonhyuk said into the mic.

The noisy room became silent as everyone turned their attention to Wonhyuk.

"Today everyone is gathered here for two reasons. One is to end the dispute and the hatred between the Neng family and the Dae family. We'd like to thank the younger generation for making us realize how childish and stupid our dispute was." Wonhyuk said and people clapped. "We'd also like to thank and apologize to Onew and Seungyeon. Please stand."

Onew and Seungyeon stood up.

"We are truly sorry for not trusting you and giving you two a hard time. We thank you so much for everything you've made us realize. May you two be happy forever." Wonhyuk raised his glass of wine.

The everyone raised their glass and drank a bit before clapping. Some people even whistled.

"May WE be happy FOREVER." Onew kissed her forehead as Seungyeon blushed.

Everyone clapped and cheered loudly.

"Now for the main event." Wonhyuk said.

Onew and Seungyeon sat down.

"I introduce to you my daughter IU and her future husband Kim Jonghyun." Wonhyuk said.

People stood up and cheered for IU and Jonghyun as they came down the stairs. IU was wearing a light pink dress with red and her hair in braids like a crown. Jonghyun was dressed in a black suit.

"He looks so handsome and she looks beautiful. They look perfect together." Seungyeon stared in awe.

As they reached the bottom of the stairs IU whispered something to Jonghyun then fixed his ties. The young generation went crazy cheering. IU blushed as Jonghyun smiled embarrassed and scratched his head.

IU and Jonghyun turned to face all the people and bowed to them.
Everyone cheered for them even louder.

Wonhyuk walked closer to the couple, then shook hands with Jonghyun. "Welcome to our family Jonghyun.." he smiled and tapped his shoulder.
"Thank you sir." Jonghyun smiled and looked how Wonhyuk then hugged his daughter. "Congratulations. Seems like my little girl is all grown up now.."
"Thank you appa." IU said smiling brightly.

After the headmaster, the headmistress and Jonghyun's parents came to congratulate the couple also. Their mothers gave IU some flowers.

The Nang headmaster then turned to all the guests.
"If you want to come and congratulate IU and Jonghyun, you can now.. and if you have some gifts, you can bring them to the table here." he annouced pointing to one table.

"Let us all give a big hand to the couple again!" he said clapping his hands. Everyone followed him with loud cheering once again.

IU and Jonghyun bowed deeply to everybody then walked to the table that was set for just the two.
After the announcement many people went to Jonghyun and IU to congratulate them or give some gifts.

"Should we go too?" Seungyeon asked looking at Onew.
Onew shook his head. "Not yet, let's wait a little longer that all the people go back to their seats. It's too crowded."
"Araso." Seungyeon nodded and rested her head on Onew's shoulder as they waited.
She looked around at all the Daes and Nangs that were now all together so peacefully congratulating Jonghyun and IU.
I never imagined there would be a day like this. I thought our families would have been enemies forever... it's really amazing..we have peace.

Finally the people started getting back to their seats and Onew and Seungyeon went to Jonghyun and IU too.

"Hey! You are really Jonghyun? I've never seen Jonghyun that fancy and stylish.. so you really are Jonghyun?" Onew exclaimed when they reached the table.
"Yah! I'm always fancy and stylish!" Jonghyun glared at him.
"Are you here to congratulate us or what?"

"Yeah. We came to congratulate you." Onew smiled tapping Jonghyun's shoulder. "So congratulations!"
"Congratulations! You look so good together! I'm sure you will be really happy!" Seungyeon smiled and hugged IU.
"Thank you." IU smiled.
"But i'm afraid we forgot to get you guys a gift." Onew said.
"What? No gift? What kind of friend are you? How can you forget to bring a present to your best friend on his engangement!?" Jonghyun .

"No. We have a present to you guys." Seungyeon smiled.
"Really?" Jonghyun tilted his head. Seungyeon nodded and pushed Onew forward. "Here. Onew!" she exclaimed.
"Onew?!" IU asked confused.
"Yes. Onew is a present for you. He is here, and is able to attend your engagement party. He is alive.. isn't that the best kind of present." Seungyeon smiled.
"Yeah. Your best friend is here alive. That's enough for you right?" Onew grinned and looked at Jonghyun.

Jonghyun tilted his head and looked at Onew. "Well.. I don't know what to do with that present. But it's true, I have to admit that i'm happy to see that dummy here today.. alive."

"Oh.. I think people are starting to eat. You guys should go and eat too." IU said looking at the people. "I heard that someone from the Dae family prepared the meal for today."
"Really? Then it should be really delicious. My aunts are really good cooks." Seungyeon smiled then held Onew's hand.
"Let's go eat."

"Let's talk later!" Onew said to Jonghyun and IU then followed Seungyeon to their table.

~~~~~~

Seungyeon looked at Minhwan and Minhyuk who were chatting with Sulli and Krystal. They couldn't keep their eyes off the girls
"My brothers really like those girls." Seungyeon giggled to Onew. Onew glanced at them too and smiled. "Seems so."

They soon finished eating and noticed some people had started dancing.
Seungyeon nudged Minhwan. "Ask her to dance.." she whispered and glanced at Krystal.
"Eh?" Minhwan looked at Krystal slightly embarrassed.
"Just do it!" Seungyeon ordered. Krystal and Sulli could hear what she said.
"Do what?" Krystal asked confused looking at Minhwan.
Seungyeon shrugged and pretended like she hadn't said anything.

Minhwan hesitated for a moment then finally got up and walked behind Krystal. "Umm... Krystal.... you know..if you. No wait.. I just wanted to ask, if you would like to dance with me? It's okay if you don't wanna but I just.. I just." Minhwan stuttered as he blushed.
Krystal smiled widely and nodded. "Sure."
"Really? You would dance with me!?" Minhwan said surprised.
"Of course. I think you are really cute." Krystal said bluntly making Minhwan blush even more.
Minhwan then offered his hand to her and led her to the dance floor.

Seungyeon and Onew chuckled at Minhwan for a while, then Seungyeon glanced at Minhyuk who looked like he wanted to go dance with Sulli too.

"Ask her to dance." Seungyeon mouthed to Minhyuk. Minhyuk stared at Seungyeon then glanced at Sulli again. He took a deep breath then got up and walked to Sulli.
"May I have a dance with you?" Minhyuk asked bowing.
"Me... well.. yes!!" Sulli answered him and followed Minhyuk.

Seungyeon smiled widely. "Aigoo.. they are so cute."
Onew nodded then glanced at Seungyeon and got up. "Can I have one dance with you too, my beautiful Dae girl?" he asked and offered his hand to Seungyeon.
"Well.... let's see..... okay." Seungyeon said and grabbed his hand and followed him to the dance floor too.

Seungyeon and Onew started dancing slowly. They couldn't keep their eyes off each other.
"Come closer." Onew whispered. Seungyeon took one step closer to him.
"A little bit more." he whispered again pulling Seungyeon really close to him. Seungyeon was now so close that she just leaned her head against Onew's chest.
"I can hear your heartbeats." Seungyeon whispered and smiled.
"My heart is beating just for you." Onew said.
"Aigoo.. how cheesy!" Seungyeon giggled and stared at Onew straight into his eyes.
"I know but it's true." Onew grinned.

"But who is that?" Seungyeon asked pointing somewhere.
Onew turned around and saw Seungho dancing with a girl. "Oh.. that's Seungho's fiancee."
"Really?" Seungyeon mumbled staring at the couple.

“She’s pretty.” said Seungyeon.
“Well, she is, but you’re prettier more than anything.”Onew tried to be cheesy again.
Seungyeon rolled her eyes and just smiled at him.