chapter 6

Only That Person

"Finally you came home!" Minhwan exclaimed when Seungyeon was walking upstairs. "There's something that happened to Minhyuk!! Go to his room!"

Seungyeon looked at him confused and worried. "Something happened to him? Is he okay?"

"Noona he went to the Nangs today to clean up the mess he had made just like appa ordered him to.. but..." Minhwan said.
"But what?" Seungyeon asked worried and headed towards his brothers room quickly.

Just then Sunye walked out of the room and saw Seungyeon.
"Now see what your beloved boyfriends family did to your brother." Sunye whispered to Seungyeon.
"I'm going out, I will be back late." Sunye yelled and walked downstairs to go out and meet Jonghyun.

Seungyeon then ran to Minhyuks room where she found him lying on his bed.
There were bruises all over his face and body.
"MINHYUK!!" Seungyeon exclaimed and sat down beside him.

She petted his hair gently.
"What happened to you? Are you okay?"

"Noona... I... I just went to the Nang house to clean up the mess I had made.. but as I was cleaning suddenly some of the Nangs attacked me and started beating me with some bats or sticks and kicked me... I tried to fight back but.. but this is what happened." Minhyuk said weakly.

Seungyeon sighed and looked at Minhyuk and all the bruises in his body.
"Aigoo.. my poor little Minhyukkie~" Seungyeon said patting his shoulder.

Onew's family did this.. Seungyeon sighed.

"Noona.. please promise me that you will never go to the Nang area. I don't want anyone to hurt you.. i'm a man so it's okay but you are a girl and..." Minhyuk said to Seungyeon.

"What if I go, it's just as dangerous for you as it is to me..the gender doesn't matter besides my self defence skills are much better than yours little brother." Seungyeon said nudging Minhyuk slightly to his shoulder.

"Ow!" Minhyuk winced in pain from the little nudge because of his bruises.
"Oh oh.. mianhe!" Seungyeon said and touched his shoulder gently.

"But Seungyeon noona.. you must promise me that you will never go there." Minhyuk insisted.

I can't make such a promise.. Seungyeon thought and got up.
"I'll go make you a sandwitch or something." she said and walked out the room avoiding what Minhyuk was asking from her.
"Noona you must promise me that!" Minhyuk yelled after her.

I'm sorry Minhyuk but I can't promise you. It was Onew's family who did this to him.. not Onew. Onew would never do such a thing right?

Seungyeon walked to the kitchen to make something to eat for Minhyuk. Yunho was there also drinking some water.

"Did you see what happened to Minhyuk?... because of them.." Yunho said, it was obvious that he was furious about what had happened.

I hope he doesn't go and do something stupid because of this..
Seungyeon frowned and started making the sandwitch.

 

It was nearing midnight and Jonghyun reached the abandoned shack. Jonghyun tried to open the door but it was locked. He knocked a few times.

"Password." Someone said from inside.
"Password?" Jonghyun thought back to the text message. "Hate."

The door opened and Jonghyun walked in. The door closed behind him and Sunye stood by the door.

"Lets talk." Sunye led Jonghyun to a table.
"Sit." Sunye ordered. Jonghyun obeyed.
"What's the deal?" Jonghyun asked.
"Keep Onew away from Seungyeon." Sunye said.
"How?" Jonghyun asked. "It's not simple."
"We'll get some people to try and break them up. Then if that doesn't work we'll force them to stop by getting them another guy or girl." Sunye said.
"Sounds good to me. Who do you have in mind to break them up?" Jonghyun asked.
Sunye smirked. "Boys."

Sunye snapped her fingers. Seven though looking boys walked into the room.

"This is Infinite. Sunggyu, Dongwoo, Hoya, Sungyeol, Woohyun, Sungjong, and L. They'll be helping us try to break the two up." Sunye walked in front of Hoya and dusted his shirt off. "We can trust them. They are not a member of the Daes or Nangs. They are my friends from back in the day when I decided to rebel against the Dae rules and go hang out with outsiders."

Jonghyun eyed them suspiciously. "How do you plan on breaking them up?"
"Sudden mishaps, wrong messaging, accidents, and if things get really bad we'll intervene in person." L shifted his stance.
"You can trust them. I told them to stop any PDA and to mess up their relationship. If things get bad they'll just use their casanova knowlegde to pull Seungyeon away from Onew." Sunye walked to Jonghyun. "Everything starts tomorrow. Do we have a deal?"
"Yeah. Deal." Jonghyun shook hands with Sunye.

 

~~The next morning~~

 

Today is Dongho’s birthday. Cousins and the other family will come to the main house. All maids and cooks seems busy preparing for the party while the birthday boy are nowhere to be seen in the morning. Onew was looking for Dongho around the house.

 

“Onew!”a voice called Onew from the front door. It was Seohyun who came.

“Seohyun, long time no see.”Onew smiled and went closer to her.

“What are you doing walking around the house this morning?”Seohyun tilted her head.

“Oh, I’m looking for Dongho. Do you see him?”Onew asked.

“Doesn’t he have school?”said Seohyun.

 

Onew went silent for a while before laughing, realizing his mistake. “Haha….right. I forgot he’s still in high school.”said Onew. “Anyway, you came early.”

“I want to greet your parent. They will come back today, right?”Seohyun and Onew walked in to the living room.

“Yes. I think they will arrive around 2 or 3pm.”said Onew.

“I miss them. And of course I miss everyone too. I rarely met the other, especially IU.”she smiled. “Well, I will go to see her now. See you later.”she walked to find IU.

 

Onew waved back and walked to the kitchen to eat his breakfast. When he took his plate, he heard some men were talking in the backdoor.

“Do you see the boy’s face? It was hilarious.”said a guy.

“Yeah, he deserves it. It’s been a long time since I haven’t fights Dae’s family.”said the other.

Dae? Who are they talking about? Onew walked closer quietly, trying to hear what they’re talking about.

 

“How dare he wrote with spray paint in front of the house.”a guy said.

“Ah…I should hit him harder and more than that.”a guy laughing and soon all of them following.

 

Hit? Onew shocked hearing that. Then the door opened and revealed Jiyong -but he more likes to be called GD- and his friends.

“Hi Onew!”said GD casually.

“O-oh, hi.”Onew answered stuttered. “What are you guys laughing about?”Onew asked curiosly.

“Ah, there’s a Dae boy in front of the house yesterday. He wrote something with spray paint, so we teach him a lesson when he came back here.”GD answered.

 

Dae boy? Who? Seungyeon’s family? Oh no. Onew worried about this.

“And we already pay back by wrote the same thing to them, right?”GD’s friends looked at each other while grinning.

“I think it’s not a good thing to do, GD.”said Onew.

“What are you talking about?”GD raised his eyebrow confused.

“If the boy came back, maybe he wanted to apologize for his act. You shouldn’t hit him without talking first.”Onew talked carefully. “Our relationship with Dae will worsen.”

GD laughed when he heard Onew. “Onew, my cousin, our relation with Dae family already bad. We can’t make them well either, so it’s fine. And besides, they’re Dae, why you should worry about them?”

 

Onew stayed quiet. “Then, who is the boy you’re talking about?”

“I don’t know, and I don’t care. But I’m sure he’s a Dae since I saw the tattoo on his ear.”said GD. “Why are you asking?”GD confused with Onew’s question.

“No. Nothing.”then Onew walked away from there.

 

Who is the Dae they hit? Ah, I should ask and apologize to Seungyeon about this. Onew walked back to his room to take his phone and called Seungyeon immediately.

 

"Hello.." Seungyeon answered the phone in her room.
Onew: "Hi! Did you sleep well?"
Seungyeon: "Well... honestly I didn't.."
Onew:" Why?"
Seungyeon: "Because of something that happened yesterday so I had a lot of things in my mind so I couldn't sleep.
Onew:" Something happened? Seungyeon.. is that maybe.. about someone got hit yesterday when he came to our house?"
Seungyeon: ".. uhh.. yeah it's about that.."
Onew: "Is that person hurt badly? Who is it?"
Seungyeon: "Actually Onew that was my younger brother who got hit yesterday..."
Onew: "Ne? Your.. your brother... "
Seungyeon: "Yeah... he did something dumb the other day and he came back there so he could clean up the mess he had made... but.. someone attacked him before he could do that... honestly I don't like your family at all and I hate what they did to my brother.. it's only you that I like."
Onew: "Is.. your brother alright now?"
Seungyeon: "His bruises are pretty bad but I think he will be okay again in a few days."
Onew: " Seungyeon I'm really sorry about what happened to him. I'm really really sorry."
Seungyeon: "It wasn't your fault. There's no need for you to apologize about that.. Onew... I don't know what will happen but I have a feeling that this will lead to bigger problems. It really worries me..things might turn really bad from now on between our families.."
Onew: " I really hope things like these don't happen anymore..."
Seungyeon: "I know. Anyway what are you doing today?"
Onew: "Today is my brothers birthday and my parents are coming home. What about you?"
Seungyeon: " Oh, have fun today then. I haven't really planned anything for today.. guess I will entertain my brother or something because he cannot do anything much now but lie on his bed.."
Onew: " Seungyeon really i'm so sorry about what happened to him.. "
Seungyeon: "Don't worry about it. Have a nice day.. I need to go now. Bye."
Onew: "Bye."

Seungyeon sighed and walked out of the room.
"Oh.. Seungyeon. I was just about to come and talk to you." suddenly Jeong Hoon stopped her.
Seungyeon tilted her head. "Talk about what?"
"Seungyeon today is the day you are coming with us... to become truly a Dae family member." Jeong Hoon said.
"Are you telling me that you are taking me to the training now?" Seungyeon asked surprised.
"Yeah. That's what I am telling you. Your father and the others discussed about this yesterday. Sunye, Yuri and Yoseob are starting with you also. You are all old enough to join now and because the situation with the Nangs has become worse thesedays, not only here but all around the country so it's good to start training you now so you can really defend yourselves if something bad happens." Jeong Hoon explained.

Seungyeon nodded and followed Jeong Hoon downstairs. She was finally about to start what she had always been curious about because only the older kids in the family had gone to the training before.. she had never been allowed to go before because she had been too young. She had always wanted to go so badly but suddenly she didn't want to go because it would be the training to fight against Onew's family.

Seungyeon followed Jeong Hoon to the living room where her father and all the uncles were waiting with her older cousins.. Yesung, Kyujong, Hyun Bin, Yunho, Geun Suk and Jeong Hoon. She also saw Sunye, Yuri and Yoseob standing there looking really excited about starting the training.

Seungyeon walked to the three and looked down.

Sunye glanced at Seungyeon. I'm really sorry but from today things with your boyfriend might turn bad. I hate the fact that I must hurt her but it's for the best..

Seungyeon's father walked to Seungyeon, Yuri, Yoseob and Seungyeon.

"Okay kids from today you will start the training like all of us here have done before. Are you excited?" he smiled.

"Yes!!" Yoseob, Yuri and Sunye exclaimed in unison. Seungyeon just started at the floor.
"Seungyeon you aren't excited.. you always used to whine about coming with the older ones to the training?" her father asked seeing her expression.
"Uhh.. no i'm excited.." Seungyeon lied and smiled faintly.

"Good then.. Jeong Hoon will explain more about everything. You just follow him." Seungyeon's father said to them all.

Jeong Hoon led them all out to his car to take them to the training place. Yesung, Kyujong, Hyun Bin, Yunho and Geun Suk followed also.

"Okay listen.. in the training you will learn to defense yourself in many ways. You will properly learn how to use a gun and other weapons. Also you will practise martial arts.. I know you have been learning them since kids but this will be more intense.. also you will learn how to manipulate the enemy the best.. I hope you never need to use the skills you will learn but it's important that you learn because the Nangs may be unpredictable..You will have to come here at least three times a week to practise.. it's better you come more often but at least that often" Jeong Hoon explained in the car.

He drove to the training place outside the city.

Seungyeon sighed looking out the car window. I really wish Onew wasn't a Nang....

 

Although Seungyeon said it’s not his fault, but Onew can’t help feeling guilty all day. It was his family who did it. Onew spent his day with cloudy mood around him. His cousins keep coming to his house. Dongho even came early from his school. It’ll going to be a big party.

 

Around 2, a sleek black car drove into the front gate. Onew knew it was his parent’s car. Dongho ran right away with Onew who walked calmly to meet them.

 

“Onew! Dongho!”his mother came out from the car and waved excitedly while his father  just smiled gently -a smile that looks exactly like Onew’s smile-.

“Mom, Dad!”Donho walked closer to them and hugged their parent.

“Aigo~~my child already grown up.”his mother ruffled Dongho’s hair affectionately.

“Ah stop it, mom. I’m not a child.”Dongho pouted cutely.

“Mom, Dad, welcome back.”Onew tried to smile like usual for his parent.

“Thanks, dear.”his mother pulled off from Dongho and hugged Onew too.

“How’s  everyone?”his father asked Onew.

“It’s fine. IU and Seungho already came back from America.”Onew didn’t tell his father about Jonghyun’s new position as Dae patrol since he’ll know it from IU’s father too sooner.

“Well, let’s get in.”his mother ushered to get inside quickly.

 

People stared to greet them when they came in.  His father is the second son in Dae, he's IU's father younger brother. There’s a possibility that Dae family’s head in Korea will be pass down to Onew, since Seungho is going to marry Mirai from Japanese business firm. Maybe his father wanted Seungho to handle the Japanese firm with joining Mirai's firm.

 

“Hello, brother.”suddenly IU’s father showed up and greeted Onew’s father.

“Hyung, how are you?”Onew’s father hugged him.

 

Onew decided to excuse himself and gave them some time to talk. When he walked around, he bumped with TOP and Narsha who clinging on his arm tightly. TOP already knew about Jonghyun who is going to replace him. He was happy and hoped Jonghyun will do well while Onew just answer it with a forced smile. When he walked to the main hall, he saw Doojoon already having fun while DJ-ing, Karam and Mika were flirting with some girls, Seohyun, Bom, and IU were talking to each other happily. On the other corner, the sisters, CL, Minzy, and Hyuna were busy dancing with Kikwang and Taeyang.

 

“Onew hyung! It’s you, isn’t it?”a guy called him and walked closer to him happily.

Onew just stared at the slim and feminine looking guy. Do I know him?

“Hyung, it’s me, Sungjong. Wah…long time no see.”said him.

“Err…….sorry but, who are you?”Onew tilted his head confusedly.

“You really don’t remember me, hyung? Aww…..”he pouted.

 

Onew tried to remember all his friend starts from junior high school, high school, until college. But he really didn’t know this boy. Then Jonghyun walked to them and smiled to Sungjong.

“Sungjong, so you have come back from China?”said Jonghyun casually.

“Jonghyun, you know him?”asked Onew.

“Of course I know him. In fact, you’re the one who introduced him to me. He’s your junior from high school, but he moved to China before the graduation.”Jonghyun lied to Onew. He knew Onew trust him so much. He doubt Onew would suspicious it if it was him who said that.

“Really? Oh, sorry then. I really don’t remember it.”Onew smiled apologetic to Sungjong.

“It’s okay, hyung. Well, I just stayed for 4 months in the school. Of course you would forget me.”said Sungjong with his perfect act.

 

Just as he thought. Onew accepted the lie simply like that.

“I’ll leave you two. Enjoy the party, Sungjong.”said Jonghyun. But he whispered slowly to Sungjong before he left. “Watch him closely and try to make him unable to contact her as best as you can.”

“I know. Don’t worry.”Sungjong smiled without Onew noticed.

I’m sorry, Onew. Jonghyun glanced to Onew who talked and treated Sungjong like his friend.

 

"Okay kids.. here are your teachers. And some people from other Dae bases who will start with you. We will leave you to him while we go to our training. Good luck!! I will come pick you guys up in the evening." Jeong Hoon smiled and left Sunye, Yuri, Seungyeon and Yoseob standing to the empty room facing their teachers.

"Annyeonhaseyo. I will be your martial art teacher. My name is Kang Dong Won. All I want from you is hard work.. I can't stand laziness. So put all your efforts into this and you will learn a lot through me. Don't think I will let you go easier because some of you here came from the head family, I will treat you all just as hardly. It's nice to meet you." the first teacher introduced himself.

The man beside him cleared his voice and bowed to them. "Annyeonghaseyo. I will be teaching you about guns and all other weapons. My name is Won Bin."

"And through me you will learn how to deal with the Nangs, you will learn about the mindset of them and how to best predict what they are up to and how to manipulate them. Also through me you will learn many things you never knew about them. My name is Eric.. nice to meet you kids." the third teacher introduced himself too.

"First class will be with me. I'll give you five minutes to get ready then we will start." their martial arts teacher Dong Won said and walked away.

Seungyeon glanced at her cousins who all seemed so excited about everything. Why am I not excited at all?

"Wow.. you are from the head family aren't you? That's so cool, I've never met anyone from the head family, I just saw some photos. My name is Yoon Si Yoon and this is my sister Eunjung. I guess we will be training together then." the guy from other part of Dae family said introducing also the girl beside him.

Seungyeon, Yoseob, Sunye and Yuri also introduced themselves to them.


--------------------------------------------------------

 

update^^

ah, sorry I can't say much....my headache is killing me now...

well, we'll keep update the story^^

hope you enjoy it~~~~