chapter 8

Only That Person

~~The next morning~~

 

Onew woke up with a little better feeling. He felt bad to act cold to her yesterday. She must be sad. Maybe I should meet her today. Oh, but does she want to meet me?

Onew shrugged and walked to the bathroom. Just after Onew changed, Donho knocked and peeked in.

 

“Hyung, Mom and Dad will go again today.”said Dongho.

“Again? Where is it this time?”Onew came out from his room and walked with Dongho to the living rom.

“They say it’s Taiwan, for one or two wekks.”Dongho let out a sigh.

“Hmm? But we don’t have any connection in Taiwan? Are we going to start a new one?”Onew remembered Nang family still didn’t open any relation with Taiwan’s firms.

“No, they said it’s for their honeymoon. The……fifth or sixth honeymoon I guess.”said Dongho.

 

Onew chuckled a little hearing that. Their parent likes to travel alone. Either it was for business or for their own hobbies.

 

“Onew, Dongho, we will go again this time. I’m sorry for leaving you two alone for some time.”his mother showed up while bringing a small luggage. He greeted Onew and Dongho who came down the stairs.

“It’s okay, mom. We’ve grown up.”Dongho smiled cutely to her.

“Aww….yes you are, dear. And Onew, take care of your brother, okay.”his mother ruffled Dongho’s hair.

“Don’t worry. By the way, I just notice it. Why even mom calls me ‘Onew’? Should I change my name?”said Onew randomly.

His mother laughed softly and smiled to Onew. “Whatever your name, you’re still my dearest child.”

“I know, mom. Ah, I will take you to the airport.”Onew grabbed his car’s key and also a toast from the table.

“You don’t have too, Onew. It’s fine.”said his father.

“It’s okay. I’ll take you. Dongho, you wanna come?”said Onew while chewing his toast.

“Of course! Come on mom, dad.”Dongho took his mother luggage and walked to Onew’s car.

“Well, if you insist.”their parent smiled warmly and took the back seat in Onew’s silver car.

 

Onew drove to the airport slowly.Dongho sat beside Onew, but he always looking back and talked to their parent. He kept remembering them to buy him something from Taiwan when they come back.

 

In the airport gate, Onew and Dongho hugged their parent before they take off. On the way back to their home, Dongho can’t stop talking about his presents he got from all the guest. He wanted to learn how to drive as soon as possible. When the car entered a tunnel, suddenly two cars speed up from behind and drove side by side with Onew’s car. Onew felt something’s not right.

 

“Dongho, move to the back seat.”said Onew. Luckily his car’s windows were dark.

 

Dongho moved to the back seat without asking anything to Onew. He knew something’s weird too. And he trust his brother because Onew already learn self-defense and fighting skills before. Just like Onew thought, from the black car on his right, a gun pulled out from the window and pointed at driver’s window where Onew was. When the gun fired, Onew ducked it by bowing his head down. The window was broken, there was a hole on it right a few cm above Onew’s head.

 

“Hyung, go go!!”Dongho shouted panic.

“I know, hold on!”Onew kicked the gas pedal hardly and speed up his car.

 

The two cars followed them and shooting 2 times again to their direction. Onew seems missed while the last one managed to pierce the back window. Luckily Dongho was crouching on the seat so it didn’t hit him. Onew drove as fast as he can, out from the tunnel. Strangely, when he came out, the cars didn’t show up. It seemed they didn’t follow Onew again.

 

Seungyeon just came back from the supermarket to the house with Hara when two cars parked right beside them.

Geun Suk stepped out the other car while Hyun Bin came out from the other car.
"Aish... I can't believe we got the wrong car! Why did you tell to follow that one?" Geun Suk snapped to his brother.

"Yah!! It was a Nang car wasn't it? I know it was... just the wrong one.. " Hyun Bin snapped back and walked inside.

A Nang car? What are they talking about? Seungyeon frowned and walked inside with Hara.
She noticed Hyun Bin and Geun Suk walk into Yunho's fathers room.

Her curiousity won and she sneaked after them. She pushed her ear against the door to hear what they were talking about.

"I heard everything that happened from Jeong Hoon already. You must be thinking that you got the wrong car.. but you are wrong. You did well.. even better than I thought myself.. that's exactly what we need to do. Not threaten the parents but threaten their children.. i'm sure the Nangs aren't any different from all the other parents out there.. they want to protect their children... if we continue like this they will learn not to mess with our business. Good job boys." Yunho's father said to Hyun Bin and Geun Suk.

"Oh.. and remember not to talk about this to anyone else here. Especially don't tell about this to my eldest brothers.. all they want is to have a peaceful relationship with the Nangs. But peace is not working anymore.. for years they have been messing with our business while their business has been growing and growing. I can't take this anymore.. we need to act somehow. You are doing a good thing boys, you prove that you really are true Dae's. Step by step starting from here we will take the Nangs down and dishonour them, no more peace. Are you ready? Your ancestors will be proud of you. Now go and rest. I will tell you later what to do next.. oh and please call Yunho here as you go.. there is something he has to do tonight" he continued.

"Ye." Geun Suk and Hyun Bin said in unison and left the room.

Seungyeon quickly ran away from the door to the living room.
What is my uncle planning? Not even telling my father..? To take down the Nangs completely! Omo... what if they hurt Onew.. he said to threaten their children. That can't happen! Wait.. wait.. uncle said that Yunho should do something tonight.. is he going to hurt someone? Should I tell appa about this or let Onew know?

Seungyeon sat on the couch and decided to send Onew a message.

----------------------------
From: Hamster

Onew.. you should be careful.
----------------------------

That's all she told him as she knew she couldn't tell too much about what was happening in her family.

--------------------------------------------

All day Seungyeon was watching closely what Yunho was doing and waited when he would go out.

Finally at nine in the evening Yunho went outside. Seungyeon sneaked after him quietly. Seungyeon put a hat on and covered her face with a scarf so no one would recognize her and followed him.
As Seungyeon had expected Yunho was walking towards the Nang area.

She heard Yunho talk on his phone on the way there. "I know... not hurt her... just scare her a little.... yes I know.... the headmasters daughter....it should be easy appa.. bye."

Headmasters daughter.. is Yunho oppa going to do something to her? How is he going to scare her? Seungyeon pondered as they crossed the border.

Seungyeon had no idea that the headmasters daughter was IU she had met before.
Yunho stopped walking when the Nang house could be seen.
"That girl should be coming home from her friends place about this time.." Yunho muttered checking the time.

Seungyeon had hid behind a tree to watch him.

---------------------------------------------------------

 

Jonghyun dropped IU off at the front of the market.

"I'll find parking and I'll meet you inside." Jonghyun drove off into the filled parking lot.

IU went inside and started looking for materials to bake a cake. She was looking inside the dairy aisle. She picked up some butter and milk. IU moved on to the cake mix aisle. She noticed some men following her. IU quickly found and bought her thing then left the market.

"Jonghyun I'm outside. Hurry." IU called Jonghyun's phone.
"Coming." Jonghyun did a U-turn and headed back to the front of the market.

The men continued to follow her. IU noticed them and saw they had guns on them. Without thinking she quickly and ran into the parking lot.

SCREEEEEECH!!!!! BAM!!!!!

"No. You idiot you were supposed to scare her not run her over." The men said to the driver as they scrambled into the car that just struck IU.
"That was her? !" The car quickly sped off.

Jonghyun's car was stuck in more traffic. Jonghyun called IU several times but she didn't pick up. Jonghyun felt something was wrong and quickly parked his car on the side and went to the front.

Jonghyun noticed a crowd. He was passing by the crowd when he heard people talking about a girl getting run over. Jonghyun pushed his way through the crowd.

"IU!!!" Jonghyun went to help IU, who was bleeding a lot from her head. "What happened?"
"Jonghyun... Men... were... following... me." IU was still conscious.
"Men in black were chasing her so she ran and got hit by a black car. The men jumped in and sped off." A witness said.
"ing Daes." Jonghyun picked IU up off the floor.
"Get the cars out of my way!!" Jonghyun yelled to the crowd.

Jonghyun ran to his car. The cars all scattered to the sides as Jonghyun sped off over the speed limit to the Nang hospital.

"IU stay awake. Oppa's here. It'll be okay. You'll be fine. I'll get you help." Jonghyun assured IU.

IU gripped Jonghyun's hand and smiled.

~~~

Onew and Dongho were at to be checked for injuries from the car attack. They were leaving when Jonghyun barged into the hospital.

"Get Dr. Lee now!!! IU was hit by a car!!!" Jonghyun yelled in distress.

The nursed quickly got a stretcher.

"Hurry, she's the headmaster's daughter!!" Jonghyun yelled.

At the words "headmaster's daughter" all the nurses move even faster. Dr. Lee came running in. They quickly took IU into the operating room.

Onew and Dongho went to Jonghyun and patted his shoulder. They never saw Jonghyun, so sad, upset, and worried in their lives.

Jonghyun called Seungho, the headmaster and headmistress, who soon came running in.

"How could you do this to her? I trusted you with her and this is what you do to her!!" The headmaster yelled at Jonghyun.

Jonghyun stood there looking at the floor as the headmaster shook Jonghyun furiously. The headmaster punched Jonghyun, who landed on the floor.

"Honey stop." The headmistress grabbed her husband. "IU wouldn't want you to do this. Plus he obviously feels hurt and sorry. Look at him." She pointed to Jonghyun, who was still on the floor with tears in his eyes.

The headmaster took a deep breath and regained his composure.

Seungho approached Jonghyun. "What happened? You need to tell me."
"She wanted to make a cake, so we went to the store. There was no parking so I dropped her off and went to look for some. She called back saying she was done, so hurry to the front to pick her up. I went there and she was on the floor. The witnesses said that she was being followed by some men in black. The ran her over and left." Jonghyun said in one breath. "I think it was a Nang. Only they would attack IU."
"She was attacked by them too?" Onew spoke. "We were attacked on the way back from the airport."

The headmaster and headmistress looked at Onew and Jonghyun wide eyed.

Dongho, Onew, Seungho, and Jonghyun all made eye contact with each other until Onew's phone made noise. Jonghyun immediately knew it was from Seungyeon.

Onew read the text from Seungyeon. Jonghyun snatched Onew's phone and read the text too. Jonghyun glared at Onew.

"We need to meet her now." Jonghyun whispered to Onew. "Text her."
"Don't do anything rash and I will." Onew answered.
"Fine. Hurry." Jonghyun agreed.

Onew texted Seungyeon.

----------------------------
From: Dubu

Can we meet up now? It's important.Onew.
----------------------------

"Seungho, headmaster, headmistress." Jonghyun bowed to them. "I'm going to find out who did this to IU. Please call me if anything happens to her. I'll die if something happens to her."
"I'll let you know." Seungho pat Jonghyun's shoulder. "If you find out who it is kick their for hurting my sister."
"Will do." Jonghyun bowed and headed towards the exit.
"I'll make sure he doesn't hurt himself." Onew bowed and followed Jonghyun leaving Dongho at the hospital.

 

"WHAT?? You did what? You weren't supposed to hurt her!! You fools!! It wasn't supposed to become this serious yet, we just had to play with her a little.
Aish!!! I'm hanging up!" Yunho snapped on the phone and turned around to go back to the Dae area.

What was that? Did they hurt the headmasters daughter badly? Seungyeon frowned and watched Yunho walk.

Suddenly Seungyeon heard a message coming to her phone and read it.
Yunho stopped walking when he heard the sound and turned around, he noticed someone standing behind a tree and walked there.
Has someone been spying on me?

"Who are you?" Yunho asked firmly and grabbed Seungyeon's arm then roughly removed the scarf that was covering her face. Seungyeon gasped and turned her head away.
"I asked who are you?" Yunho asked again and turned Seungyeon's face to face him.
Yunho stared at Seungyeon wide eyed. "Seungyeon?! Why are you here?"

"I... I just. I saw that you were walking here and I wanted to know why..." Seungyeon said.
"You wanted to know.. or someone asked you to follow me? Your.. father?" Yunho frowned.

Seungyeon shook her head. "I was just curious thats all. Yunho oppa.. why would my dad ask someone to follow you? We are the same family right.. we aren't against each other right?"
Yunho stayed silent for a while.
"Of course not.." he said slightly hesitant. "And the thing I was now doing, it's something I wasn't supposed to tell anyone. Your father ordered me to do this. So Seungyeon, don't follow me around anymore just because you are curious okay? Now let's just go home, don't you have any idea how dangerous it can be here! Don't ever come here again."

Seungyeon nodded slightly and followed Yunho. Something my father ordered oppa to do? I know he is lying..

On the way Seungyeon checked Onew's message again and replied to it.

-----------------------
From: Hamster

Okay. Come to the park.
------------------------

When they reached back to the house.. Seungyeon waited that Yunho went upstairs then she went back outside again to go to the park.

Oh.. Onew is not alone.. Seungyeon thought as she arrived to the park and saw Onew waiting there with Jonghyun.
"Onew.." Seungyeon said silently.

"You came." Onew smiled slightly. Seungyeon glanced at Jonghyun who was glaring at her.

"You said there was something important.." Seungyeon asked already predicting what it might be about.
"Seungyeon there was an accident today.. and now my cousin is in the hospital and I think your family did this." Onew said calmly.

"You think it was one of her family? It's clear it was the Dae's!! No one else would do things like that to us!!" Jonghyun yelled.
"I know you know something about this, you sent Onew a text saying he should be careful. Who did this, who was the bastard who did this!!!"

"Calm down Jonghyun." Onew said placing his hand on his shoulder.

Jonghyun walked closer to Seungyeon. "Do you want to know what your family tried to do to Onew? They were shooting the car that he was driving.
He could've been killed, do you want your lover to be dead? Or are you maybe a part of this, you told them how Onew's car looks like?"

They tried to kill Onew? Seungyeon looked at Jonghyun shocked.

She knew that if she told too much information about what was going on in the Dae family to the enemy family.. she would betray her family even
more as she already had betrayed them by dating Onew.

Seungyeon bit her lip. Can I tell them? Even if it's Onew.. but this was something that even my father wasn't aware of. Should I?

"Say something!" Jonghyun snapped when Seungyeon just stayed silent.
"Jonghyun please don't yell at her." Onew said to him.

"That.. that person who was in the accident.. is she maybe the headmasters daughter?" Seungyeon asked carefully.
"Yes." Onew said.

"All I can say is that...there's some people in my family that are planning something bigger against your family. And about what happened
today to the headmasters daughter, I think they didn't mean to hurt her.. they just wanted to scare her but something went wrong obviously and she got hurt."
Seungyeon said and looked at Onew and Jonghyun.

 

"So something went wrong on their part and IU almost died. Why is that so hard to believe." Jonghyun exhaled.
"Breathe, Jonghyun, breathe." Onew told Jonghyun then turned to Seungyeon. "Are you sure that's all you know? Please Seungyeon, if you know more you need to tell us. We've never attacked the Dae family like this. Even though our families get into small fights we, the Nangs, still want peace between both the Daes and the Nangs. We don't want a war. You need to tell us or some one might really die."

Onew looked at Seungyeon practically begging. Seungyeon looked flustered. There was a long silence.

"Seungyeon, look at this." Jonghyun pulled out IU's picture from his wallet. "That's IU, my fiance and the headmaster's daughter. She hates fighting and is the most innocent person in the world. She doesn't want a war between the Nangs and the Daes. If she had her say their wouldn't even be a border between both families and we'd all be friends. Today, before she was in the accident, she was out shopping for ingredients to bake a cake for her twin brother, who has been stressing all this week. Now she's in the hospital. She's been in surgery for over 3 hours now. Please Seungyeon, help me. What am I supposed to do? Do I let her die or do I find a way to try and prevent another accident like this? Please Seungyeon, please."

 

Seungyeon looked at the photo surprised.
"That is the headmasters daughter?" she asked.

"Yeah. That is IU." Onew said.

I knew I had seen her before. But I didn't think she would be a part of the Nangs..she didn't recognize me when we met either
she thought.

"I.. I met her one day. Onew, she was the one who helped me and returned the necklace to me the other day." Seungyeon said.
"Really?" Onew asked surprised.
Seungyeon nodded. "I had no idea she was your cousin and she had no idea who I was either."

Seungyeon felt really bad now as she remembered how good IU had been to her.

"I feel really bad that my family members have started something like this. Actually I myself am not sure about everything that is happening in my family.. my father doesn't even know that something like this is going on. He only wants peace. This is all one of my uncles doing......... I.. I... don't know if I should be telling you anything... I feel like i'm betraying my family if I tell you more." Seungyeon said and looked down.

Suddenly they heard someone sneezing in the bushes. Seungyeon flinched and turned to look and for her shock she saw Minhwan who stood up. He started walking closer to the three.

"Noona..... what is the meaning of this? What are you telling... and to whom.. they are the Nangs?" Minhwan asked shaking his head in misbelief glancing at Onew and Jonghyun.

"Minhwan.. when did you... how did you?" Seungyeon stuttered.
"I followed you because I thought you will go meet the secret boyfriend of yours. I wanted to see if you really had one... but I never expected you to be doing something like this. Noona.. I don't know what to think about this.." Minhwan said without any expressions on his face.

"Minhwan you won't tell anyone right?" Seungyeon begged from him
"I don't know noona.... I.. you are giving some information about us to them.. are you acting as their spy or something.... or what is your realtionship with those guys. Don't tell me that one of them is that secret boyfriend..." Minhwan said.

"Please Minhwan.. you can't tell about this... or I.. might die." Seungyeon said and looked down.
Minhwan stared at Seungyeon. "So you are dating one of them!! Because you are talking about dying.. no.. noona.. no....."
"It is true." Seungyeon admitted.

Minhwan looked at Onew and Jonghyun full of rage. "Who is it? Which one of you seduced my sister and made her give out information to you dirty Nangs!!!?? Who was it??"

 

"No one seduced her." Jonghyun said calmly.
"So you're her boyfriend?!!" Minhwan said in range.
"Hell no!! I'm not interested in Seungyeon. I'm engaged to the girl your family put in the hospital." Jonghyun yelled.
"I'm Seungyeon's boyfriend." Onew stepped out. "My name is Onew. I'm a Nang, but I really love Seungyeon."

Minhwan punched Onew.

"Stay away from my sister." Minhwan stood in front of Seungyeon protectively.
"Minhwan!!" Seungyeon slapped Minhwan, shocked that he punched Onew. "Why'd you do that? He-"
"Stop." Onew grabbed her hand. "He had every right to hit me."
"But-" Seungyeon started.
"It's okay. Go back to your family. Jonghyun and I will try to stop your uncles from destroying the peace. Maybe when there is peace again we can go out, but until then lets stop. I- I- I don't want you to get hurt." Onew held back his tears. "Go with your brother."
"Let's go." Minhwan pulled Seungyeon away from Onew and started leaving.

As the Daes went out of sight Onew fell to the floor crying.

"It's better this way. Right?" Onew asked.

Jonghyun looked at Onew. He had never seen Onew like this.

"I- I don't know." Jonghyun mumbled.

~~

update update....

please comment ^^ ah, and if you're interesting in RPing, please join us...

KRPfanfics