Chapter 18

Only That Person

All the Dae's were looking at Onew suspiciously after his actions with Seungyeon.

He isn't going to tell about him and Seungyeon is he? I can't bare if I lose Seungyeon too.. Sunye thought as she watched Onew walk.

Onew looked at Wonhyuk and bowed.
"I'm going to be completely honest with you now. I have done something against our family.. I'm dating the Dae headmasters daughter, Seungyeon."

Wonhyuk's eyes widened. "What? Are you serious? Don't you know that is absolutely forbidden?"

"I know that." Onew said and stared at the ground.
"Have you lost your mind Onew? Dating a Dae girl!!" GD yelled. "Oh and give me my gun right now!"

Onew handed GD his gun, and suddenly Yoseob pulled Onew back and threw him on the ground roughly.
"How dare you touch my cousin like that! Dating her?! You are crazy! After all that happened to us, now this!!" Yoseob yelled through his tears.

Kyujong ran to Yoseob and pulled him back again.

Wonhyuk looked at Onew. "You know the consequences right? We need to inform about this to all the Nangs and Daes out there, they will vote what to do about your situation, but they will most probably vote against you, and then you will have to be killed. Especially because you are both from the head family and should show a good example to everyone. But you have done the opposite.. but for now, there has been a great loss in the Dae family so we will give a few days time for them to mourn their family, after that I must inform about this to everyone... Onew I never knew you would do something like this, this brings great shame to us all. I thought that after Heechul we wouldn't have to do this ever again..."

"I'm sorry. " Onew bowed again then walked back to Seungyeon, he crouched down and hugged her again.
"I'm really sorry about all that happened to your family.. i'm really sorry."

"What did the headmaster say?" Minhyuk asked.
"He told me that he will wait for a few days before he will tell everyone and then there will be a voting. But don't worry, I will protect Seungyeon no matter what happens." Onew assured him.

"Come, I'll drive you back home. " Kyujong walked to them.
"Oppa.. please.. not yet.. appa is here.. he has to wake up.." Seungyeon said through tears, she still refused to believe he was dead.
"Noona... appa is not going to wake up." Minhwan said silently and hugged Seungyeon tightly, it made Seungyeon cry even more.

"Seungyeon you should go home and rest." Onew said gently. Seungyeon took one last glance at her father and hugged his body tightly. "Appa...." she whispered and got up and followed his brothers slowly to the car.

~~~~~~~~

Sunye walked in Seungyeon room.
Seungyeon sat on her bed and stared at the wall silently. She had cried too much that day so she couldn't anymore.
Sunye sat beside her and hugged her.

Sunye noticed Seungyeon holding something in her hands. It was an album, Sunye looked at the photos and smiled faintly.
Seungyeon touched the photo of her and her father when she was little.

"Sunye... do you think we will ever be happy like we used to be ever again?" Seungyeon said silently.

~~~~~~~~~~

Onew walked into his room with Wonhyuk behind him.


“Onew, from now on, you’re grounded and you can not go out without consent.”  Wonhyuk stood in front of Onew’s room.
“I know, uncle.”  Onew still smiling, although it was not the same smile he used to show.
“And I also think you can’t meet her too from now. At least until the results from the vote come out.” Said Wonhyuk.

This time Onew didn’t answer him and just looked down. He still wants to meet her, but he knew if he did that, it will bring more trouble for both families.


“Uncle, can you promise me something?”asked Onew still not looking at Wonhyuk.
“What is it?”said Wonhyuk.
“I………I’m fine with whatever the vote will say. Just let Seungyeon off from the vote result, please uncle.” Onew begged to Wonhyuk.
Wonhyuk let out a sigh and looked sadly at Onew. “Onew, I……”
“Please, uncle. I won’t ask anything again.” Onew stared straight at Wonhyuk.
“I can’t promise you that, Onew. It’s from everyone’s vote. “said Wonhyuk.
“Oh, right.” Onew looked down again.

There was a few minutes silent between them before Onew talked to Wonhyuk again.
“Uncle, you should go with Jonghyun to see IU and Seungho at the hospital now.”said Onew. “I’m going to stay in here. Don’t worry, I won’t go anywhere.”
“Alright.”Wonhyuk patted Onew’s head and then he walked out to visit his children.

Onew sunk in his bed and let out a sigh. His minds were wondering to Seungyeon. What will happen to them, how’s she, what is she doing, and what will the end for them. A soft knock woke Onew up from his thought. Dongho peeked inside and he looked sad.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” Onew forced a smile to his little brother.
“Hyung, I’ve heard it from the cousins.” Dongho came in and sat beside Onew. “What are you going to do hyung? I don’t want to lose my brother.”
Onew just smiled and ruffled Dongho’s hair. “I’ll just wait for a moment now. If I run away, it’ll bring more trouble, right.”
“But……but you might die, hyung.” Dongho stuttered.
“Ah, I should give a new car for you since your car now has many holes from bullets, before I can’t do that.” Said Onew trying to cheer him up.
“Hyung, this is no time for joking!” Dongho yelled a little loud to Onew.

Onew stared at his little brother who looked like want to cry. Onew can’t help but smiling and hug him closer.


“I know what will happen, Dongho-ah. But I can’t do anything besides waiting, or I will just bring more trouble for Nang and Dae. Though I really hope they won’t decide the Dae, Seungyeon at fault too.”said Onew.
“Why do you still thinking about that girl? Because of her now you’re……you’re……” Dongho started sobbing.
“I’m sorry, Dongho. But I love her, and I can’t change that.” Onew said without any
hesitation.