Chapter 42

Only That Person

“Oh…you drive well.” Onew sat next to Seungyeon who drove his car carefully now.
“It’s just because you never see me driving.” Seungyeon smiled. “How if the next time we’re going on a date, I’m driving.”
“No. I’m the man, so I should drive you.” Onew shook his head again and stopped when his head started to spin again. “Ow, my head.”
Seungyeon chuckled seeing her clumsy boyfriend. “Just rest and close your eyes or a while. Don’t worry, I won’t make us crash into something.”

Onew nodded slowly and leaned his head back. Seungyeon is right, closing his eyes helped his dizziness started to fade away. Then, Seungyeon suddenly started to hum a soft song slowly. Onew kept hearing it with his closed eyes and enjoying Seungyeon’s clear and sweet voice.

“Besides you can drive, I just knew that you can sing beautifully.” said Onew still with closed eyes.
“Ah, I like to sing usually, but because what happened to us lately, I rarely sings again.” answered Seungyeon.
“Then you can sing everyday for me.” Onew smiled to her.
“No, I want you to sing with me too.” Seungyeon pouted cutely.
“I’ll play the piano for you.” said Onew.
Seungyeon surprised and too a glance at Onew. “You can play piano?”
“I can. I will play it for you whenever you want later.”

Seungyeon looked back to the road. “There are so much that we haven’t know from each other.”
“I know. Don’t worry, we have muu~~ch time to do that.” Onew reached out his hand and held Seungyeon free hand tightly.

Seungyeon nodded gently and held back Onew’s hand. After 20 minutes, finally they reached the Go-Kart place. Jonghyun and IU also reached there at the same time. Onew shook his head to check whether he is still dizzy or not, but luckily it already healed.

“So, let’s play.” said Jonghyun. He glanced at IU. “Is it your first time playing Go-Kart?”
“I once played this whit Seungho when I was in America. But just once. I think I forgot how to play it again.” said IU.
“You?” this time Onew looked at Seungyeon.
“Nope. I often play Go-Kart with Minhyuk and Minhwan when I was little.” said Seungyeon proudly.
“Alright. Let’s just play slowly for one or two laps.” Jonghyun suggested it, worried for IU.
“Don’t worry, I’m a fast leaner.” IU smiled.

They went to rent 4 Go-Karts and got some basic information how to play it from the owner. There aren’t many people who played there at that time.

IU went into the cart no.2 and Jonghyun followed her from behind. He explained how to operate the cart once again and helping IU to put on protective gears. Seungyeon immediately took cart no.3 and put on the protective gears all by herself. Onew just smiled while putting on his protective gears too and walked slowly to cart no.4

“Just drive slowly for now. Don’t worry, it’s easy, just control the cart well and you’ll be fine.” Jonghyun cheered on IU.
“Alright. I think I’ll remember how I played it before back in America.” said IU.

Jonghyun nodded and went to cart no.1 while preparing his gears. “Just take it slow for now, okay.”said Jonghyun to Onew and Seungyeon.
“Alright.” Seungyeon replied.
“I know.” said Onew from behind.

They started to turn on their cart and drove to start line. At the same time, they started to drive slowly along the track. Onew and Seungyeon drove in front of Jonghyun and IU while Jonghyun purposely drove slowly behind IU to watch over her. Surprisingly, IU seemed to get used to it after a few minutes. She started to add more speed and follow closely behind Onew and Seungyeon.

For the rest of the laps, Jonghyun and IU already can drove ahead of Onew and Seungyeon sometimes. They really have fun and kept adding more speed. After 20 laps, they decided to rest for a while. They drove back to the side and stopped.

“Wah, that was fun!” said IU excitedly.
“Yup. It’s really fun. I almost forgot how to drive in high speed again.” said Seungyeon to IU.

Jonghyun and Onew only smiled watching the girls talking excitedly and they happy for that.
“Ah, I’m thirsthy. Onew, can you buy me a drink?” said Jonghyun.
“What? Why me?” asked Onew.
“Please......I’m too lazy to get out from the cart now.” said Jonghyun casually.
“Me either.” said Onew. And then suddenly he thought a good idea. “Let’s race. If I win, buy me and Seungyeon some drinks.”
Jonghyun smirked. “If I win, you should buy me and IU drinks.”
“Deal.” Onew grinned mischievously.
“You’ll lose again Onew.” Jonghyun his cart.
“Says who.” said Onew while sticking out his tounge.

“Oh, you want to play again?” Seungyeon noticed Onew and Jonghyun’s cart’s engine were .
“No, just a little race between us.” said Onew.
“Oh wow, it’ll be interesting. Good luck, Jonghyun.” IU sheered on Jonghyun while he replied back with a smile.
“You won’t cheer me?” Onew looked at Seungyeon and hope she will do the same like IU did.
“Of course I will. Onew, fighting!!” Seungyeon threw her fist up.
“Fighting!” Onew replied back.

Both Onew and Jonghyun were ready on the start line. When the light turned green they steped on the gas hardly and drove in different speed then they did before with the girls. At first it was Onew who lead in the front, but suddenly in the last turn, Jonghyun sped up and drove passed Onew. The race was ended by Jonghyun’s win.

“See? I told you, you can’t beat me.” Jonghyun drove back to the girls while smiling happily.
“Just see, someday I will beat you.” Onew pouted.
“Go ahead, you can challenge me anytime. But for now, buy us the drinks.” Jonghyun remembering him about the bet.
“Fine fine.” Onew gave up and hopped off from his cart to buy some drinks. “Oh, why don’t you guy wait at the lounge? Let’s eat lunch now.”
“Oh yeah. We made kimbab and salad.” said Seungyeon excitedly.
“Wow, that must be yummy. Ah, we didn’t prepare anything, we’re sorry.” said IU.
“It’s alright. It’s us who suddenly ask both of you to go on a date with us, so we have to treat you.” Seungyeon hopped of from her cart. “Should I help you to buy the drinks?”
“No, it’s okay. Just prepare the food. I’m so hungry.” Onew smiled to her.
“Alright.” Seungyeon nodded and watched Onew walked away to buy their drinks.