chapter 10

Only That Person

 

Onew finally walked closer to Jonghyun after he let down the phone. “Who is it? What’s wrong?”Onew already notice something strange.

“Not now. I’ll tell you later.”

 

"Kids i'm sorry I have to do this to you. But it's all because of your father, he has been the leader for too long so that he forgot what it is really to be a Dae. He only wanted to live a comfortable life so he wants peace and since you kids are too much like your father we can't let you become the future leaders of our family. Things need to change now. We need to use you as a bait so I did this. Don't worry this won't last long if the changes happen soon." Jeong Hoon said and looked at Minhwan and Seungyeon who he had tied to a chair.

"What do you mean by a real Dae? Some cruel, heartless person who only thinks about destroying their enemy?" Seungyeon asked glaring at Jeong Hoon.
"Do you think life is only about beating the Nangs no matter what?"

Jeong Hoon didn't answer her just stared out of the window.
"We will move you to another place this evening, but before that we will let Minhyuk meet you once. It's not good to keep you here where you can be found easily. And soon you will meet the Nang headmasters children too, they should arrive here any moment."

"What? But the girl she is in the hospital." Seungyeon said.
"Not anymore." he said.
"That's crazy, she should stay in the hospital and if her family finds her not there.. they will get furious and that will mean a full war." Minhwan exclaimed.

"War is exactly what we want. The only way to destroy the Nangs completely. You might not know but the Nangs are not that skilled in fighting as we are, so if they come and attack us it will mean the end to them." Jeong Hoon grinned.

"How can you be so sure?" Minhwan frowned. "Besides not everyone in our family want war."
"Well I think it would be quite easy to persuade people on our side. There won't be many people on your fathers side." Jeong Hoon said.

"Our father is the headmaster, people will follow him. Hyung.. just let us go.. let's just stop this okay. I don't want us to be enemies together, we are the same family!!" Minhwan yelled.
Suddenly Jeong Hoon's gaze turned cold and he approached the two. It actually hurt him to be doing something like that to his own family members but he wanted to become the kind of great Dae his uncle was talking about.

"You are getting too noisy, it was a mistake to remove the tape from your mouth." Jeong Hoon said coldly and covered Seungyeon's and Minhwan's mouths with the tape again.

After some time the door opened and Yunho, Geun Suk and Hyun Bin came inside.
Yunho and Geun Suk were dragging Seungho with them who was struggling with all his strenght. Hyun Bin carried IU who was still unconcious.

"Aish. This little kid is like some wild animal trying to get away so badly. We hardly could get him here" Geun Suk whined and kicked Seungho slightly as he and Yunho tried to tie him up to the table.
Seungho's mouth was covered too.

Suddenly Seungho stopped moving when he noticed Seungyeon and Minhwan tied down too.
Aren't those their own family?

Hyun Bin placed IU on the floor beside Seungho and placed a pillow under her head.
"That should be enough for her. Not as good as the hospital but it should be enough for a Nang." Hyun Bin said and tapped Seungho's head.

 

“Is everyone alright?”Dongmin asked everyone. All of them answered with a ‘yes’ vaguely or just nodded. “Wait, where’s Seungyeon? And Minhwan?”he realized he can’t see his children.

 

Minhyuk wanted to tell him bbut he remembered Jeong Hoon’s word to not telling anyone. He just stood there silence. Yoseob also realized Seungyeon wasn’t in there anymore. He called Seungyeon’s name and immediately looking for her around the house.

 

“You! Where did you take her?!”Yoseob ran back and grabbed Doojoon’s collar.

“What do you mean?”Doojoon slapped his hands off.

“Yoseob! Stop it.”Dongmin scolded him again. He was already confused with Seungyeon’s disappearing, he didn’t want another problem come up now.

“But there’s only one answer to Seungyeon’s and Minhwan’s disappearing. Them!”he pointed his finger to the Nangs. “There’s no way we want to kidnap our own family. And the only family who will do that is the Nang.”

 

“Whoa whoa………just from where is your theory came from, little one? We don’t need your family, why we should kidnap them? Even given for free I won’t accept them.”GD stood next to Doojoon.

“Watch your mouth, blondie, or I will beat you up.”said Yoseob  to GD.

“Hey! No one can say anything about my hair. You say that once again and I will-”

“Will what? You wanna fight? Huh, I’m sure I can beat you in 10 seconds. No, maybe 5.”Yoseob challenged.

“Oh yeah? Let’s prove it then. I will-”

“ENOUGH!!”Wonhyuk yelled loudly. “We’re here not to fight, remember that.”

 

GD just let out a sigh and turned away from Yoseob. Doojoon sneered and followed GD while Yoseob folded his hands and glared at their back.

“Yoseob, there’s no prove that they’re kidnapping our family. So calm down.”said Dongmin.

“I’m sorry for what happened. We will help you to find your children as best as we can.”said Wonhyuk.

“No, it’s okay. We will solve our family problem by ourself.”Dongmin smiled politely.

“Oh, alright. Just tell me if you need help.”Wonhyuk bowed a little and excused himself. He knew the Dae family needs time for themselves to solve their own problem. The Nang boys including Onew and Jonghyun followed behind. Minhyuk stared at Jonghyun and he stared back at Minhyuk for a second before he leave.

 

~~At Nang’s house~~

 

Onew dragged Jonghyun to his room and locked the door, so no one will disturb them. He sat on the couch and waiting for Jonghyun to speak. “What happened, Jonghyun? I know you know something about Seungyeon’s disappearing and her family.”Onew asked.

“It’s not just her who disappear, IU and Seungho………they took them too.”said Jonghyun while he just stared down.

“What? But IU is still in the hospital, right? She needs treatment.”Onew shocked.

“Yeah, but he said IU, Seungho, Seungyeon, and Minhwan is with them.”said Jonghyun.

“He?”

“I don’t know who is that person who talked to me and the other Dae boy, the one with black hair and small eyes.”Jonghyun sat on the couch opposite Onew.

 

Onew remembered Minhyuk’s face which looked similar like Minhwan. Maybe he’s Seungyeon’s little brother.

“And what did that person say?”asked Onew.

 

Jonghyun told him about everything Jeong Hoon said on the phone with him and Minhyuk. About getting rid of Nang, replacing the Dae head, and also……being a spy for Dae. He knew it would be betraying Nang family if he gave any information about Nang family, but IU and Seungho’s life is in their hand. Until they can get IU and Seungho back, the only way to keep them safe is by following their instruction.

 

“I see. Well, it can’t be help. I will help you. Seungheyon and her brother are taken too.”said Onew after he heard Jonghyun’s story.

“Of course. We will get them back.”Jonghyun forced a smile before he left Onew’s room.

 

Onew stared at his phone. He only had one picture that Seungyeon sent to him when she asked him about her clothes. Seungyeon, are you okay? I hope you’re not hurt. Oh wait, maybe she brings her phone with her and she can use it?

 

Onew texted a message to her phone, but without writing anything that will make anyone except Seungyeon will suspect it was him.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

 

From: Dubu

 

It’s a good night today.

Are you alone? Can I call you?

I want to tell you about my’ boyfriend’

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Geun Suk heard the sound coming from Seungyeon's phone and walked to her.
"It's in your pocket right? Don't worry I will give it back to you when this all is finished so don't think i'm stealing it."
he said and took Seungyeon's phone out of her pocket, after that he took Minhwan's phone away from him too then after that he did the same to Seungho and IU.

Geun Suk opened Seungyeon's message and read it.
"Seungyeon, someone called Dubu wants to call you and tell you about her boyfriend. We can let that happen, she can call you and you talk with her, we shouldn't make your friends worried about you. But she can call you only if we make it a like we can hear the call from the speakers too.. and make sure you don't say anything about this."

Geun Suk then texted Onew from Seungyeon's phone.

----------------------
From: Hamster

Yeah. You can call me now, there's no one here now.
-----------------------

Oh no.. Onew can't call me now, he can't!
Seungyeon thought worried as they waited for the possible phone call.

Soon Seungyeon's phone rang. Hyun Bin took the tape away from Seungyeon's mouth and answered the phone without saying anything. He then placed the phone on the table and soon everyone heard Onew's voice echoing through the phone speakers.

"Hello? Hello?"

Everyone looked at Seungyeon surprised when it was a man's voice not a girls as they had expected.

Isn't that Onew's voice? Seungho frowned.

Geun Suk nudged Seungyeon when she stayed silent, urging her to say something. Seungyeon just shook her head, she didn't want Onew to get in any more trouble if they spoke more.

Geun Suk hung up the phone and looked at Seungyeon.
"Well that was a very low voiced girl. She wanted to talk about her boyfriend? But to me that person sounded just like a man, aigoo Seungyeon-ah you should watch what kind of people you hang out with. Or maybe that was someone trying to help you out?"

"I can find out who that person was who made the phone call? I want to make sure there's nothing strange happening here. " Hyun Bin said and walked to another room with Seungyeon's phone.

No. They can't, they can't!!! Seungyeon thought shocked.

"Oppa. Do you really have to do that. Dubu is just my friend, he knows nothing about this? You shouldn't go bother Dubu.. he is very sensitive person." Seungyeon yelled after him.

"He? I knew it was a man." Geun Suk grinned.

Hyun Bin came back soon holding Seungyeon's phone in his hand.
"It might be harder than I thought to track that person but we will. But Seungyeon that person Dubu seems to be your boyfriend or something, is that true?"

"No. He is not." Seungyeon said quickly.

"But the messages you received from him are just like messages from a boyfriend. I'm sorry that I had to read your personal messages but I had to." Hyun Bin said.

"Oh, let me see those messages too." Geun Suk said excited. "Those Yesung hyungs talks about you having a boyfriend mustve been true afterall little one." he smiled and ruffled Seungyeon's hair.

Geun Suk started reading the messages from Onew aloud to everyone.

---------------------
You look pretty.
You should wear that.
----------------------
Good morning! ^^
How’s your sleep?
-----------------------
Thanks for today.
Good night. Sleep well^^
------------------------
Seungyeon, I really don’t mad at you. I trust you.
I just can’t think right at the moment.
I need some time, just like what you said before.
And…..I’m sorry if I hurt you.
Good night
-------------------------

"Aigoo. It's obvious. Seungyeon you must have a lover!! Now i'm really curious about what kind of person he is. We must find him soon so I can make sure he is a good person, I don't want my cousin to be seeing a bad guy." Geun Suk .

Seungyeon just stared at the floor. If they find Onew.. it might be the end of us both... that can't happen...
she felt cold sweat forming on her forehead as she was so nervous.

"Geun Suk-ah.. stop teasing Seungyeon will you. We will find out who he is soon and make sure he isn't a suspicious person and after that we won't bother him anymore, I promise Seungyeon." Jeong Hoon said.

I should've erased all those messages from Onew long ago. she thought closing her eyes.

 

Minhyuk walked to the garage to take his car and go to Yunho’s house tonight, just like what Jeong Hoon said. Then, Sunye came running to him and dragged him away from his car.

“Minhyuk, I heard Seungyeon and Minhwan are missing. Do you know something about it?”asked Sunye.

“I………”Minhyuk felt hesitate. He didn’t know if Sunye already know Seungyeon is dating with Nang or not. “I don’t know, noona. I’m sorry.”

“Oh, I see.”Sunye bowed her head and let out a sigh.

 

Minhyuk saw a sad but a little annoyed expression on Sunye’s face.

“If-if I know something, I’ll tell you noona. Don’t worry.”said Minhyuk.

“Thanks, Minhyuk.”she smiled and ruffled his hair. “OH, you’re going somewhere tonight?”Sunye noticed Minhyuk’s car already .

“Yeah, I’m……no. I just want to drive around.”said Minhyuk stuttered.

“Oh, okay. See you. But contact me if you hear something about Seungyeon.”Sunye walked away while waving her hand. “Aish, it must be because of that Nang guy.”she mumbled.

 

Minhyuk took his car and drove it. Yunho’s house is almost as big as their house, but it was not as lively as theirs. The big white door seemed cold when he entered it. The maids and servants were still working despite the late night. Then, he saw Yunho with his father sat on the couch, waiting for him.

 

“Ah, Minhyuk, you’ve come.”greeted Yunho’s father.

“Where’s my sister?”asked Minhyuk.

Yunho pointed to a door, next to the living room. “There, with the other.”

 

Minhyuk nodded his head and walked to the room where they kept her sister. Just when he was about to open it, he bumped into Jeong Hoon and Hyun Bin who came out.

“Oh, our Minhyukie already came.”Jeong Hoon smiled. “Seungyeon’s inside with Geun Suk.”

“O-okay.”said Minhyuk.

 

He saw Seungyeon and Minhwan were being tied to a chair. “Noona! Minhwan!”

“Minhyuk?!”said Seungyeon and Minhwa almost in the same time.

“Hyung, you’re too much. Why you must tie them like this? They’re your cousin.”Minhyuk pouted to Geun Suk.

“Hey, it’s not me who tied them. It’s Jeong Hoon.”Geun Suk held his hands up.

“Then can you release them?”asked Minhyuk.

“I can, but Jeong Hoon said no. Don’t worry, the rope is not too tight.”said Geun Suk while looking at Seungho. “But I think it’s not for him.”

 

Minhyuk saw another boy tied in the room and a girl lying on the floor, unconscious. Who is she? She looks pale, thought Minhyuk worried.

“Anyway, hyung, can you leave us alone?”asked Minhyuk.

“Hmm? Why?”Geun Suk tilted his head.
“Aish, I just need to talk to noona without being watched by another person. Don’t worry, I won’t be able to release them and ran away from here all by myself.”said Minhyuk.

Geun Suk thinking for a while before he nodded. “Okay, you got the point.” He stood up and walked to the door. “I’ll be outside.”

 

Minhyuk waited that Geun Suk closed the door before he started talking.

"Are you okay? They didn't hurt you right?" Minhyuk asked worried.
"We are fine Minhyukie.. I don't think they will hurt us because we are still same family, but i'm not sure what they will do to the Nangs, i'm worried about the girl.. she is still unconcious and she has just been lying there on the floor for hours." Seungyeon said glancing at IU.

Seungho was staring at Minhyuk as if he was pleading with his eyes for him to help IU.

"Minhyuk.. we won't be staying here for long. They said they will move us to another place tonight." Minhwan said.
"Really?" Minhyuk frowned.

Seungyeon and Minhwan nodded.

"Oh.. Minhyuk there is something you have to do. As I told you before.. the guy who you saw earlier today, the one I told you I was dating... Minhyuk.. you must warn him. You must tell him to change his phone right away.. Hyun Bin is going to try and find him through his phone.. he must get rid of that phone, because if they find him.. well you know what could happen." Seungyeon said silently making sure no one outside the room heard her.

"What? Did they find out you are dating a Nang?" Minhyuk whispered.
"No. They just checked the messages in my phone and now they got curious about who he is, but they don't know he is a Nang." Seungyeon whispered.

Minhyuk bit his lip and nodded. "Okay. I will do that, don't worry. I won't let them find out."
"Thank you." Seungyeon smiled slightly.
"I really can't believe our own family is doing something like this to us. We never did anything to them.. and they are doing this." Minhwan said sadly.

"I know.. I used to want to be like my hyungs. But not anymore... they have changed." Minhyuk said.
"I hate to see our family breaking apart and becoming enemies with each other. All just because appa wants peace." Seungyeon sighed.
Minhyuk put his arms around both Minhwan and Seungyeon and hugged them. "But we still have each other, even if all our cousins betray us. Together we will remain the peace, we will not become like hyungs and uncle.. right?"

Seungyeon and Minhwan nodded.
Just then the door opened and Geun Suk walked back inside.
"I think you got enough time now. That should be enough.. and i'm sorry to tell you Minhyuk.. you might not be able to see your noona and brother in a while after this evening."

"Hyung... promise me you won't hurt them. And also don't hurt those Nang's there." Minhyuk said.

"Well that I can't promise you." Geun Suk said. "It depends on how well they behave."
"Geun Suk oppa, I think you should check how the girl is doing.. and you should take her to a bed, she shouldn't just lie like that on the floor. Didn't she just have an accident?" Seungyeon said and looked at IU.

"I don't think we should be moving her anywhere now, because we will be leaving in less than an hour anyway. But I can check on her." Geun Suk said and walked to IU. He put his fingers on her neck and checked her pulse.

"She is still alive. I can ask a doctor to come check on her later once we move to the other place. We shouldn't let her die or the Nang guy won't help us... right little one?" Geun Suk asked grinning at Seungho who was glaring at him.

"Promise me you will really bring her a doctor."Minhyuk said.
"Aigoo.. I don't get why you worry so much about a little Nang girl. You are Dae's, you shouldn't worry about someone like her." Geun Suk shook his head.

"I don't want to see anyone die here." Minhwan said.
"You kids are really too much like your father." Geun Suk snorted. "And Minhyuk.. you leave now ok?"

Minhyuk looked at his sister and brother the last time and nodded.
"Stay safe. Both of you." he said.

"You too." Seungyeon said.
"Minhyukie hwaiting! We will surely see each other soon!" Minhwan exclaimed.
Minhyuk smiled a little and walked out the door.

"Oh, so now you are leaving?" Yunho's uncle asked Minhyuk when he walked out ther room.
"Yes."
"We will give you call tomorrow to tell you what to do. You must do a good job then.. okay?" his uncle said.
"Ye." Minhyuk bowed and walked out the house.

Minhyuk glanced at the house one last time and sighed.
Noona and Minhyuk must stay safe.... now I should go find noona's boyfriend and warn him.

 

Minhyuk drove to the Nang household. He knocked on the door. A maid opened the door and let him inside.

"Wait here. They'll be with you shortly." The maid quickly left.

Minhyuk sat on a couch as he waited.

"We need to do something!!" Onew said impatiently.
"Wait. We need to wait. We can't act rashly." Jonghyun walked pass Onew into the living room.
"But she's in danger!! What if they hurt her?" Onew yelled.
"You think your the only one who's worried!! My fiancee is there and so is my soon to be brother-in-law!! IU was just in an accident she should be in a hospital not where she is now!!" Jonghyun yelled back. "Be patient. They'll be fine. We'll find them."

Minhyuk heard the two arguing and followed the two into the living room.

"Excuse me." Minhyuk stopped their argument. "Is one of you Seungyeon's... yeah um... bf?"
"Bf?" Onew and Jonghyun looked at each other.
"Your Seungyeon's younger brother right?" Onew asked. Minhyuk nodded. "I'm Onew, her... bf... I think. Am I using it right?" Onew turned to Jonghyun, who shrugged.
"Your her... boyfriend right?" Minhyuk whispered.
"Yeah." Onew said.
"I need to warn you. Change your phone number now. They are going to track the texts you and her shared." Minhyuk warned.
"What?"
"Do it now."

Onew immediately called the phone company and changed his number.

"What next?" Onew asked.

~~~~~~~~

Seungyeon, Minhwan, Seungho, and IU had already moved to another location. Now they were in a warehouse.

"She's not in good condition. She needs to go to a hospital. She can't be treated here." The doctor looked at IU. "If she stays she'll die."

Seungho's eyes widened. IU!! You can't die!!! Let her go please. I'll do anything for her!!

"What do we do?" Geun Suk asked.
"Let her go to the hospital. It's your fault she's like this!!" Seungyeon yelled.

Yunho looked at IU, deep in thought.

"Call that Nang." Yunho ordered Jeong Hoon.
"What?" Jeong Hoon asked.
"Call him. Tell him I want a trade." Yunho smirked.

~~~~~~~~

Jonghyun's phone rang.

"Who is it?" Onew and Minhyuk looked at Jonghyun.
"I don't know." Jonghyun said.

"Hello." Jonghyun picked up the call.
"Listen, your girlfriend here isn't doing so well. If she doesn't go to the hospital for treatment she'll die, so I'm proposing a deal. You work for me, trade yourself for her place, and I'll spare your girl's life. Come to the address I send to you in 1 hour if you agree. If you don't, let's just say her death if your fault." The phone cut.

A moment later an address was sent via text.

"Onew. Remember when we were kids we played when we played spy with all those spy tools that your appa bought you. Do you have it?" Jonghyun asked.
"Yeah why?" Onew asked.
"We need it." Jonghyun replied.

~~