chapter 7

Only That Person

 

-------------------------------------------------
"Aish.. this is driving me crazy.. when are we having a break...." Yoseob whined after hours of hard training in martial arts.
He sat down on the floor.

All the others felt exhausted also and sat down too.
Aigoo.. my legs are killing me.. Seungyeon sighed as she sat down.

"YAH! What is this?! Get up, now!!!! I didn't give a permission to sit down!!" Dong Won yelled to them. "There will be a break in two hours.. not yet!"

"Aish.. seriously. that gyu pisses me off.. can't believe he is a Dae when he is torturing his own family like this.." Si Yoon whined as he got up.

----------------------------------------------------

After two hours they finally got a break.. they were allowed to have a break for two hours.

Should I call Onew? If he has time in the evening to meet me.. after all this.. Seungyeon pondered as she walked outside slowly..

"Don't even think about meeting that guy.." Sunye snorted as she put her hand over Seungyeon's shoulder. Seungyeon glared at her but didn't say anything.

"Oh.. Seungyeon. Let's go have something to eat.. I saw a good pizzeria on the way." Sunye suggested and started dragging her with her.

-----------------------------------------------------
Seungyeon and Sunye were eating their pizzas when suddenly two gyus stepped inside. Seungyeon just glanced at them but Sunye started waving at them.

"Dongwoo and Woohyun. What a coincidence!! How come you are here! Long time no see! Come here and sit with us!!" Sunye yelled to the guys lying about it being a coincidence.

Seungyeon looked at them confused but greeted them.

"Wow.. I never thought I would suddenly meet you like this here Sunye." Donngwoo smiled.
"Yeah.. me too." Sunye said.

Seungyeon just ate her pizza totally uninterested in Woohyun and Dongwoo.
She soon took out her phone and decided to text Onew.

Sunye, Dongwoo and Woohyun all stared at Seungyeon knowing what she was doing.

"Woah.. thats a cool phone. That's the kind of model I always wanted to have. Can I see?" Dongwoo suddenly exclaimed and took the phone from Seungyeon's hands.

He looked at the message that Seungyeon had been typing and erased it then quickly started typing something else to Onew and sent it to him. Sunye had told him about what had happened to Minhyuk and they knew Onew would be feeling bad about what had happened.. so he made Onew believe that Seungyeon was upset about it afterall to Onew.

-----------------------------------------
From: Hamster
I'm sorry but I'd like to just be alone for a few days and clear my thoughts. So please don't try to contact me before that.
------------------------------------------

Seungyeon looked at Dongwoo annoyed then after a while grabbed her phone back from him. "What happened to my message? I thought you just wanted to see the phone.." Seungyeon frowned.
"Omo! Did I do something stupid! Mianhe...." Dongwoo said acting apologetic.

"It's okay..." Seungyeon sighed and put her phone to her bag.
I will text Onew later.

Sunye glanced at Dongwoo then at Seungyeon.
Seungyeon.. I'm sorry...

 

Jonghyun blankly walked pass IU and Seungho.

"Jonghyun!!" Seungho called Jonghyun over. "I heard that the headmaster stuck out on Dae Duty to prove that you can marry IU."
"Yeah. He did." Jonghyun replied.
"I'm happy that he finally agreed. I heard from Umma that IU argued with the headmaster for the whole day trying to convince him to let her marry you." Seungho said causing IU to blush.
"Hey." IU hid her face.
"It's okay. You look cute when you blush." Jonghyun said as IU got redder.

The party grew bigger and bigger. Soon the whole house was filled. Just before the cake time was about to start. The Headmaster and Headmistress walked into the house.

"Happy Birthday Dongho." The headmaster said.
"Kamsamida." Dongho bowed.
"We have to leave shortly but we figured we give you our present from the head family first. Here." The headmaster handed Dongho an envelope. "It is the keys to a brand new car. IU and Seungho told me you didn't have one yet."
"Kamsamida." Dongho bowed again.
"Your welcome. Now we must go attend a meeting bye." The headmaster and headmistress left.
"Thank you IU and Seungho. You're the best!!!" Dongho ran to IU and Seungho giving them a hug.
"Yah! I thought I was the best? You always say that to me." Onew said.
"Well they just got me a car. You get replace for one day." Dongho said then went back to his cake. "Cake Time!!!"

After the singing Happy Birthday IU got some cake for Jonghyun and Seungho. She sat by the two and Onew and Sungjong sat in front of them. IU shared a slice of cake with Jonghyun. He fed himself and IU.

"Why are you feeding each other? Are you dating?" Onew stuffed a piece of cake into his mouth.
"Yes we are." IU replied.
Onew began to choke on the cake. "What? Since when?"
"Since a few years ago. Well actually we might get engaged. Appa said that if Jonghyun passes Dae duty we can get married." IU beamed.
"Why didn't you tell me?" Onew asked Jonghyun.
"You had your own issues. Plus if I fail Dae duty I can't marry her, so nothing is set in stone yet." Jonghyun looked at Onew. Now do you know why I can't let you date Seungyeon?
"Oh." Onew looked back at Jonghyun. That's why he doesn't want me to date Seungyeon. If I do and the headmaster finds out he can't marry IU.

Suddenly Onew's phone rang, interrupting the conversation.

"Sorry I have a text." Onew looked at his phone.

 

 Onew got the message from Seungyeon which already changed by Dongwoo.  He can’t help but feel sad. Does she mad at me? Is it because of her brother’s incident?

 

“Wuah….Hamster…..that’s a cute nickname. Who is it, hyung? Your girlfriend?”Sungjong who still clinging with him peeked at his phone suddenly.

“Err………my……friend.”said Onew to him.

“Hmm……the message kinda remind me of my excuse when I don’t want to be bothered by someone.”said Sungjong.

“What do you mean?”Onew felt his heart clenching.

 

Sungjong smiled to Onew. He knew it wasr was attacked byalready changed by Dongwoo.  one of s who sent it, not Seungyeon. “When I’m mad at someone, or when I don’t want to talk to someone I hate, I would say I don’t want to talk to them for a few days or I want to be alone. It’s common, hyung.”Sungjong lied with a smile on his face.

Onew stared at his phone and smiled. “Really? Well, it’s okay.” Maybe I deserve it.

 

When the night came, people started to go home, including all his cousins and Sungjong. He said he will come again later. Sungjong thought Onew didn’t know anything, but actually Onew already suspicious. He wondered whether Sungjong is really his junior in high school or not because he really can’t remember him. Onew just shrug it and let it pass. He’s didn’t bother to think about it. When he walked out to the backyard where he used to play when he was little, he saw Jonghyun was sitting on a bench alone.

 

“Jjong, what are you doing?”said Onew while walked closer to him and sat beside him.

“Nothing, I just……wait. What did you call me?”Jonghyun turned to Onew.

“Jjong? It’s much shorter than Jonghyun, right?”said Onew while grinning.

Jonghyun just shook his head and let out a sigh.

 

“Hey, can I talk to you?”suddenly Onew asked.

“You already talk to me.”said Jonghyun rolling his eyes.

Onew chuckled a little. “Why do you seem to usher me to talk and leave you as quick as I can? You’re waiting for someone? IU?”

 

Jonhyun just stay quiet and not answering Onew.

“Hey, Jjong. Do you love IU?”suddenly Onew asked not with his mischievous tone again.

“What? If I don’t love her, I won’t be trying so hard to marry her.”said Jonghyun.

“Haha…yeah, right. You will do anything for her. While I just…….”Onew paused.

“Onew, what are you talking about?”this time Jonghyun asked him. He was confused with Onew’s sudden mood.

“Say, do you like Nang family? For me I like all my family, IU, Seungho, Dongho, TOP, and the other. Although they sometimes a little violent, but they care a lot about each other. The only thing that I want is to change their act toward Dae family. We’re like cat & dog for a long time.”Onew smiled faintly.

 

Jonghyun listened to Onew without saying anything. He knew Onew’s mood is a little down right now. Everytime Onew has bad mood or sad, he would find Jonghyun and starts talking about his feeling to him. And Jonghyun’s reaction is always same too, listen to him and talk nothing.

 

“Jjong, what should I do? I love her and I love my family too. She seems mad at me now because GD’s friends hit her younger brother.”finally Onew asked him. Onew stared at Jonghyun, waiting for his answer.

“I……..”

 

"Ahhh.. finally we can go home!!!" Yoseob exclaimed when the training was finally over that day and they waited for Jeong Hoon to pick them up.
"I'm sure I will sleep until tomorrow evening after this.." Sunye yawned.

"Yah! Though it might be hard now we will all become much stronger through this. I never knew you were that weak.. all you do is whine." Yuri snapped to her cousins.

Seungyeon stayed silent and stared at the sky.

Soon Jeong Hoon drove there and everyone got inside and headed back home.

"So how was it?" Jeong Hoon grinned.

"I think I will go crazy... " Yoseob sighed.
"I thought it was fun." Yuri answered.

Sunye had already fell asleep due to the exhaustion and leaned on Seungyeon's shoulder.
"What about you Seungyeon?" Jeong Hoon asked. "Seungyeon?"
"Oh... it was fine I guess." she said shortly.

They soon arrived back at the house. Everyone else headed inside the house but Seungyeon. "Why aren't you coming in?" Sunye asked her.
"I think I will go for a little walk.." Seungyeon said and started walking away towards Onew's house.

Sunye frowned looking at her. Maybe she is going to meet that guy again.. She quickly called Woohyun and asked him to follow Seungyeon.

I will just walk to Onew's house and then I'll call him and ask him to meet me there.. he has always came to me, I can go there for a change right.. if I'm just careful. Seungyeon thought as she was walking.

Woohyun had been following Seungyeon silently all the way near Onew's house. At some point he sent Jonghyun a message that Seungyeon was nearby and Onew should come out.

-------------------------------------------
"Onew... let's go for a little walk okay? We can talk about this as we walk.." Jonghyun said and got up the bench.
"Okay." Onew nodded and followed him out on the street.

Seungyeon stared at the house in the distance then grabbed her phone to call Onew but suddenly Woohyun tapped her shoulder.
"Excuse me.. but are you Sunye's cousin I met in the pizzeria just before?" Woohyun asked.
Seungyeon turned around to face Woohyun.
"Oh... Woohyun-sshi? How come you are here?" she asked surprised.
"I was wondering the same thing.. why are you here? What a coincidence isn't it?!" Woohyun exclaimed.

"Yeah... I never expected to see you here.." Seungyeon muttered.
Woohyun glanced towards the house and noticed Jonghyun and Onew coming out. Seungyeon didn't notice them as she was facing Woohyun.

Woohyun waited that Onew and Jonghyun were close enough and talked with Seungyeon about some pointless things.

Woohyun looked at Seungyeon and suddenly leaned closer to her and touched her hair.
Seungyeon looked at him confused. "What.. are you doing?"
"Oh.. there's just something on your hair.. just a second.. I will take it off.." Woohyun said trying to get something off Seungyeon's hair that didn't even exist.

-------------

Jonghyun glanced up the street and noticed Woohyun and Seungyeon.. and that Woohyun was leaning close to her..
From where Onew and Jonghyun were looking it looked like the two were kissing.
"Onew.. let's pass those lovebirds quietly." Jonghyun whispered.
"Huh? Who?" Onew looked at Jonghyun confused and looked to the same direction as Jonghyun and saw Seungyeon and Woohyun also.

At first he didn't realize Seungyeon was standing there and just tried to pass them quietly.

--------------

"It's gone now.." Woohyun smiled to Seungyeon and stepped further from her just when Onew and Jonghyun walked pass them.
Seungyeon touched her hair and turned to away from Woohyun.
Just then she saw Onew and Jonghyun.

 

Onew saw and noticed it was Seungyeon who stood there with a guy. They looked at each other and shocked without saying anything for a few minutes.

“Onew…….”said Seungyeon slowly. She didn’t know what to do.
Onew still stared at her with shocked expression. But slowly his eyes went blank and turned cold. Seungyeon noticed the change in Onew’s eyes too.

“Onew, I-”
“What are you doing here, Seungyeon?”Onew asked her with a smile on his face. But the smile was different. The smile seemed lifeless and not in his eyes. He was still staring at her without any expression.
“I….I came here to meet you. It’s not like what you think.”Seungyeon was looking back and forth between Woohyun and Onew.

Onew didn’t respond to her and he glared at Woohyun who smirked behind Seungyeon. If he could act like his other cousins who like to fight, he would beat Woohyun right here and now. He’s angry with Woohyun, but not to Seungyeon. He felt more sad. He wanted to believe what she said to him, but his emotion seemed taking control now. He can’t think clearly.

“Onew?”Seungyoen called him.
Onew let out a sigh. “Go back, Seungyeon. It’s late and you’re in Nang’s area.”said Onew, but he was not looking straight at Seungeyon.
“No. I want to clear this misunderstand right now.”she shook her head, refusing.

Seungyeon, please…I can’t think clearly right now. I don’t want to snap at you. Onew finally turned his head and stared at Seungyeon directly. “Go home, now.”
“I said no.”said Seungyeon.

Onew walked closer to her and held her wrist. He kinda dragged her to walk to the border area, leaving Jonghyun and Woohyun behind. Seungyeon kept pushing Onew’s hand and refusing to go back. She wanted to meet and talk to Onew. At the border area, Onew letting go her hand when she already passed the border and stood in Dae’s area.

“Go home.”said Onew, not looking at Seungyeon.
“Onew, are you mad at me?”Seungyeon stared sadly at Onew.
“No, I’m not.”again Onew just answered her shortly.

Seungyeon frowned. She stared at Onew’s eyes, trying to find something in there. “Onew, listen. I came there to meet you. Then I suddenly met Woohyun near there. That’s it.”
“Yeah, I know. Just please go home, it’s already late, Seungyeon.”Onew looked up. “Good night.”Onew turned back and walked away from her.

She said she doesn’t want me to contact her for a few days, but why she came all the way to my house? And that guy…….Onew met Jonghyun again who still waiting for him.
“Are you okay?”Jonghyun asked him worriedly.

Onew didn’t answer him and just nodded his head. He didn’t bother to wait for Jonghyun to walk with him. When he reached home, he plopped down on his bed, still feeling down. He pulled his phone and stared at Seungyeon’s last message. Should I text her?

----------------------------------------------------------

From: Dubu

Seungyeon, I really don’t mad at you. I trust you.
I just can’t think right at the moment.
I need some time, just like what you said before.
And…..I’m sorry if I hurt you.
Good night

--------------------------------------------------------------

Seungyeon read his message and noticed ‘just like what you said before’
Just like what I said? What does he mean?

 

Seungyeon stared at the message for a while longer thinking about what Onew had meant.
What does that mean? What did I say to him.... did I tell him that I needed time? I don't remember saying anything like that..

Seungyeon placed her phone on the bedside table and laid down on the bed staring at the ceiling.
She thought sadly about what had just happened.

Why did something like that happen? Our relationship is complicated already.. why did this have to happen?
What if this ruins everything between me and Onew... it was just a misunderstandinig.....


I guess I need to give him time then....
she wiped her eyes as she felt tears forming on her eyes.

Don't cry Seungyeon.. don't cry.
Onew... he will understand.. things will be fine again, they will.
So don't cry.


Seungyeon told that to herself but she still couldn't stop the tears from coming.

"Are you okay?" Sunye walked in Seungyeon's room and sat beside her on the bed.
"Are you crying? What is wrong?"

"I don't really want to talk.." Seungyeon said and got up. She dried her tears and walked out the room
"Where are you going?" Sunye yelled after her.
"I'll just go see how Minhyuk is doing.." Seungyeon said and walked to her brothers room.

"You still awake?" Seungyeon whispered as she walked in his room where Minhyuk laid.
"Yeah..." he answered.

Seungyeon smiled slightly and sat beside him.
"How are you feeling?" she asked gently.
"I'm much better. But noona let's not talk about me now.. how was the training??" Minhyuk asked curious.
"Yeah! Noona tell us all about it!!!" suddenly Minhwan popped in the room too.

Seungyeon smiled mischieviously at her brothers. "You want to know?"
"Yeah!" Minhyuk and Minhwan exclaimed in unison.

"Well... about the training.. you will find out about it in a few years.." Seungyeon smirked.
"Noonaaaa...." Minhwan whined as he was about to die from curiosity.
"Mian... you just have to wait." Seungyeon smiled.

Minhwan and Minhyuk looked at her disappointed.
Seungyeon smiled looking at her two brothers.. she always could calm down when she spent time with them.
Seungyeon ruffled both Minhwan's and Minhyuk's hair.

I don't know what I would do without them.

Unknowingly tears fell down her cheeks again from all the exhaustion from the training and because of Onew and the misunderstanding.

"Noona!" Minhyuk said worried seeing her tears.
"What's wrong? you don't have to tell us about the training..if it makes you that sad." Minhwan muttered.
Seungyeon wiped her tears quickly.
"It's nothing like that.. why would I cry because of the training.. you babo."Seungyeon smiled nudging Minhwan.

Sunye peeked in the room at the three.
Seungyeon doesn't want to tell me anything anymore thesedays.. she used to tell me everything before. It must be because I don't like her dating that Nang guy.. I wonder what happened.. what did Woohyun do that made her so upset??.

 

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

update update ^^