Chapter 59

Only That Person

"Are you okay?" Onew asked worried and kissed Seungyeon's forehead gently then sat down beside her on the bed.
"Onew... i'm scared if your family will try something.. " Seungyeon whispered.

"Don't worry about that, just try to relax." Onew said squeezing her hand. "I'm here and I won't let anything bad happen."
"The doctor said that they might have to operate, do a C-section because it might be too dangerous for me and our babies to give birth normally." Seungyeon said.
"Really? When, when are they going to do that?" Onew asked nervously afraid that something might happen.
"I don't know.. soon." Seungyeon said holding her stomach trying to withstand the pain that was increasing every second.

"What is it? Does it hurt a lot?" Onew frowned when he saw Seungyeon's painful expression.
Seungyeon nodded as she held Onew's hand even tighter while taking deep breaths.

Onew looked around him alarmed. "Doctor, where is the doctor!? She is hurting!" he yelled.
"Giving birth is supposed to hurt.." Seungyeon said trying to calm Onew down, it seemed to be more nerve wrecking and scary to Onew than to Seungyeon.
"I know that.. but I don't want to see you like that." Onew cried out.

Soon the doctor walked inside the room. Onew stood up grabbing the doctors arm. "Please do something, she is hurting!! Can't you see!" Onew exclaimed.

"Are you her husband?" the doctor asked.
"Yes." Onew nodded.
"We should take her to the operation room now, don't worry, everything should be fine." the doctor said and tapped Onew's back gently.

"Promise me that you will do your best. Put all your best skills to the operation. You must make sure my wife and our babies are okay after the operation okay!?" Onew exclaimed.
"We will do our best." the doctor smiled a little and called a nurse to help bring Seungyeon to the operation room.

Onew looked at Seungyeon and pecked her lips before they took her. "I love you."
Seungyeon smiled weakly. "I love you too."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What happened?!" Minhwan yelled when he ran to the hospital with Sunye, Minhyuk and a bunch of other Daes.
"Where is noona!?" Minhyuk asked.

"Seungyeon is in the operation room, they had to do a C-section." IU said to them.
"What? She couldn't have a normal labor?" Sunye exclaimed.
IU shook her head.

Onew was walking around nervously praying for everything to go well, with Jonghyun beside him trying to calm him down.

"What if something happens and.. and .. what if Seungyeon dies.. or what if our twins die... I can't live if something happens to her.. what if.." Onew said clenching his fists nervously.
"Stop with the what ifs Onew! You should sit down, things will be fine." Jonghyun said.
"No.. I can't just sit down when Seungyeon is in there!" Onew shook his head.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally after hours of agonizing waiting the doctor finally came out of the operation room.
Onew right away ran to him and grabbed him from his arm. "How is she?!!"

The doctor removed Onew's hand from his arm and smiled at him.

"I am happy to tell you that you are now father to two healthy baby boys." the doctor said.
"Two boys!!" Onew's eyes opened wide open. "Then what about my wife is she okay?"

The doctor stayed silent for a moment. That silence almost drove Onew insane. "I ASKED YOU HOW IS MY WIFE!!!" he yelled.

"Your wife should be fine, she didn't wake up from the anesthesia yet but she should be alright. The operation went better than we expected." the doctor smiled at Onew.

Onew let out a huge sigh of relief. "Thank you doctor.. thank you."

“Onew.” suddenly, Wonhyuk, his wife and Onew’s parent, along with Dongho came to the hospital.
“Uncle, aunt.” Onew bowed a little to them.
“You were married and you not even telling your parent?” said his mother while pouting.
“He didn’t even tell me, mom.” added Dongho.

“Mom……I’m sorry for not telling you. I’m afraid if we tell everyone, our wedding won’t be approved.” said Onew.
“That’s right. You already know that even though we had changed the law, there are still many people that can’t accept this, right?” said Wonhyuk.
“I know, uncle. But……”Onew turned and stared at the operating room. “She’s everything to me, now and forever. I know I’m selfish, and I’m sorry. But please understand us.”

Everyone in there went silent for a while. They were torn between siding with the law that already exist since long ago, even though it was already changing, and siding with Onew because they feel sympathy for them.

“Father, the law had changed. I think the best thing we should do is accept them now.”said Jonghyun.
“I know, Jonghyun.” Wonhyuk let out a sigh. “I have the power to change the law. But I don’t have it to change everyone’s heart. They must accept the fact by their own heart.”

“So, that means they will continue to live like this until……” IU can’t continue her words.
“No. It’ll be okay, I’m sure. Besides, they have us, Seungyeon’s brothers, and all our cousins to support them.” Jonghyun hugged her tightly.
“Yah! You forgot to mention me. I won’t let anything happen to Seungyeon either.” said Sunye.
“Yeah, we’ll do anything for noona.” said Minhwan.
“I know I know.” Jonghyun smiled.

“Right. We can’t wait until the day everyone can accept us. Don’t worry noona.” said Onew comforting IU.
“Okay.” IU nodded.

Then, the operating door opened. The nurse brought unconscious Seungyeon on the bed to her room. Onew followed right beside her while the other following from behind.

“I’ll go in first.” said Onew. He went inside the room to wait for Seungyeon.

“Jonghyun, I want to see their babies.” said IU.
“Okay, let’s go .” Jonghyun smile to her.

They walked to the room where every babies placed and taken care of in there.

~~~In Seungyeon’s Room~~

Onew sat beside her, holding her hands tightly and waiting for her to wake up.

“Seungyeon, thank you for giving us 2 boys. Hurry wake up, okay.” said Onew.

He waited for 30 minutes. His parent and Wonhyuk already went home. There were only Jonghyun with IU, Sunye, and Seungyeon’s brothers waiting outside. Onew didn’t leave her side. Not even for a minute. Then, her eyes fluttered and opened slowly. Onew stood up and walked closer to her.

“Seungyeon?” said Onew gently.
“Ah…Onew?” her eyes seemed still not focused.
“Yes, it’s me. How are you feeling?” asked him.
“Good, I think.” she smiled. “How are our babies?”
“They’re fine. And you know, we got 2 boys.” said Onew happily.
“Both of them are boys?” Seungyeon’s eyes went wide.
“Why? You don’t like it?” Onew frowned.
“Of course not, you silly. They’re my babies, how could I don’t like them.”she giggled cutely.

Then, there was a knock on their door. Jonghyun and IU went in with Onew’s babies in their hand.

“I thought maybe you want to see your babies.”IU smiled.
“Yes.” Seungyeon sat up and take her baby from IU.
“Here, Onew. Be careful.” Jonghyun gave the baby to Onew.

Onew took him a little awkward but very carefully. He didn’t want anything bad happened, or worse, he dropped his babies.

“Onew, just relax. You don’t have to look so nervous.” IU giggled watching Onew’s expression.
“I just……never hold a baby before.” said Onew.
“You’ll be use to do that then.” said Jonghyun.

Onew just smiled and sat beside Seungyeon. “We should give them names.”
“Of course. What names do you think?” asked Seungyeon.
“Hmm…………Lee……Jungsoo and Junghwa?” said Onew after thiking for a while.
“That’s good. Which one is Jungsoo and which one is Junghwa?” asked Seungyeon again.
“I don’t know. Which one born first?” asked Onew.

Seungyeon shook her head. She didn’t remember it because she already focused to gavebnirth once again that time.

“The one Onew held is the first one that born. That’s what the nurse said.” said IU.
“Ah, I see. Then He is Jungsoo, the hyung. And that’s Junghwa.” Onew stared at his babies.
“Okay. Those are good names.” Seungyeon smiled warmly.
“I wonder if I can distinguish which one is Jungsoo or Junghwa later?” Onew felt a worried about that.
“Hehe……use your father instinct then. It’ll be okay.” said Seungyeon.