Chapter 34

Only That Person
“Ehem…guys? Ladies and gentlemen, attention please.”suddenly Doojoon and GD somehow have a mic. “We prepare something for this party.”
“Let’s just say it’s for you, Jonghyun.” said Doojoon.
“Huh? What do you mean?” Jonghyun stared confusedly.

Doojoon and GD were grinning mischievously. GD pulled out his phone and talked to someone on the other side. “Okay, it’s ready. One……Two…………THREE!!”

At the third count, a lot of firework was launched. The sound it made was kinda loud, but it made the dark sky looks so beautiful. Everyone came out to see the fireworks that prepared by Doojoon, GD and their friends. Jonghyun amazed with it and looked at Doojoon and GD.

“Thank you.” said Jonghyun.
“Well, welcome to the family, soon-to-be cousin in law.” Doojoon smirked.
“He is going to be your cousin in law.” IU hugged Jonghyun from beside him.
“Ooookay, I get it. Wow, I should find Hyuna now.” Doojoon started to walk away, leaving the lovey dovey couple alone.

Onew and Seungyeon watched the fireworks too. Onew’s attention was not really into the fireworks, but at the ring IU wore. I should give Seungyeon a ring too, right? Oh, but I already gave the necklace. Aish, it’s just because umma ask it to me. I should find my own ring for her. Maybe tomorrow I can-

“Ow!” suddenly a big brown and black dog was running and pushed Onew down.
“Onew?” Seungyeon turned around and saw Onew was laying on the ground with the dog on top of him and kept him.
“Hey, stop it! Yah, your saliva is all over me, Roo. You know you produce a lot of saliva more than when you were little.” Onew pushed the dog’s face away from him while trying to sit.
“Onew? Is this your dog? I never know you have a dog.” Seungyeon patted the dog gently.
“Actually, it’s Jonghyun’s. He picked it from somewhere and somehow it becomes everyone’s dog.” Onew managed to push Roo off from him and crouched in front of it. “Oh, this is Roo by the way, and he’s male.”

Seungyeon smiled at Roo who stared back at her innocently. “Hello, Roo. I’m Seungyeon, Onew’s girlfriend.”
As if Roo understand, he answered her with a soft bark.
“Oh, he’s so smart.” Seungyeon started to like Roo.
“Sure Roo is smart, he even can open his own cage nowadays. But you will get tired of him in a few days. He’s so naughty and he seems like has unlimited stamina. I’m so tired taking him to walk now.” said Onew.
“Oh, I more like it if he’s so active.” Seungyeon smiled at Onew.
“Really? Well, you can play with him often then. I’m sure Jonghyun wouldn’t mind.” Onew just stared how Roo started to act cutely in front of Seungyeon.

Seungyeon kept petting Roo. She seems really like the dog.
“Seungyeon, are you free tomorrow?” asked Onew.
Seungyeon tilted her head. “Yes. Why?”
“Do you know the café up in Sky Tower?” Onew asked again.
“Yes. Why?” Seungyeon asked ‘why’ again for the second time.
“Let’s meet in there at 11, okay. Just go in and wait for me.” Onew smiled to her awkwardly. He hid something from her.
“Why I must wait for you? Where will you go?” Seungyeon noticed it.
“Ah, let’s just do it. Promise me.” Onew gave her his pinky finger.
“Alright, I guess.” Seungyeon reached up and made a pinky promise with him.

“Umm………Unnie.” Hara showed up from behind her shyly and walked to her.
“Hara?” Seungyeon turned around surprised.
“I……” Hara looked back and forth between Seungyeon and Onew.
Onew knew she was nervous with Onew around. “I leave you two alone for a while. Come on, Roo. Let’s go back to your cage.”

After Onew and Roo left them. Hara started to look at Seungyeon with wet eyes.
“Unnie, I’m sorry. At the vote before, ‘m not brave enough to defend you. I……I was scared. The law…elders……I” she started to sobbing.
Seungyeon knew what her meant. She just wait for Hara to continue talking.
“Unnie, will you forgive me?”

 

Seungyeon stared at Hara who was staring down at her feet.

There is no need to hold any grudges against her.. we finally have peace..our family has gone through too much already.. we don't need more hate anymore....

"Hara." Seungyeon said gently and smiled a little. Hara lifted her head up and looked at Seungyeon.
Seungyeon walked closer and put her arms around Hara and hugged her.
"U-unnie.. does this mean.. mean that.." Hara stuttered.

"Yes... it means that I fogive you." Seungyeon whispered.
"Thank you... unnie thank you.. thank you so much... I thought you would hate me forever because of what I did.. unnie thank you." Hara cried against Seungyeon's shoulder.

Seungyeon pulled away from Hara and looked at her and her hair gently.
"Don't cry. Don't think about that anymore. Let's just forget that it ever happened. From now on let's just be happy ok?"

Hara nodded faintly.

"Oh.. Hara did you see those guys back there? They have been staring at you all this time.. and I think they are just your type." Seungyeon nudged Hara playfully.
"Maybe, they are just staring at me because i'm here crying like this." Hara said glancing at them.
Seungyeon shook her head. "Nooo... they have obviously fallen for our Hara's beauty!" she giggled.
Hara chuckled a little bit. "You think so?"
"Yeah! Who could resist our Hara!" Seungyeon exclaimed.

Hara looked at Seungyeon and smiled. Seungyeon and her hadn't spoken a word together after the voting.. and now that she saw Seungyeon talking playfully with her again made her really happy.
"Unnie... really thank you so much... and i'm so sorry.." Hara said once again.
"Don't be sorry anymore ok?" Seungyeon said smiling at her gently.
"Araso.. unnie i'm so happy that you are alive." Hara cried out and hugged Seungyeon tightly again.
Seungyeon tapped Hara's back. "I'm happy to be alive too, Hara." she whispered.

"You two are talking together again? It makes me happy." suddenly Kyujong walked to the girls.
"Oh, Kyujong oppa." Seungyeon said and smiled.
"Actually, Seungyeon.. seeing you with that boy.. Onew was it? I makes me a little jealous. I thought I was your favorite guy.." Kyujong .
"Yah. I never said you were my favorite guy.. just my favorite oppa. That is a totally different thing.. and of course Onew is my favorite guy, why else would I be dating him..?" Seungyeon punched Kyujong.

"Hmm.. well does that favorite guy of yours protect you well?" Kyujong asked.
"Better than anyone." Seungyeon said.
"Does he make you laugh?" Kyujong continued his questioning.
"Yeah." Seungyeon nodded.
"Well... is he romantic?" Kyujong asked.
"Of course he is." Seungyeon said.
"Then what does he do to you? Did he bring you flowers? Sang you a serenade? Is he a good kisser?" Kyujong teased.
"Yah. Why would I tell you things like those. It's a secret." Seungyeon punched her.
"Yeah. Oppa stop this." Hara said.

Onew was just closeby and Kyujong spotted him and pulled him closer.
"Hey... i'm just curious, you Onew guy. You give good kisses to Seungyeon? I know girls like those things.."
Onew stared at Kyujong and felt himself blush. "I.. I.. well..." he stuttered and rubbed the back of his head.
"Oppa!" Seungyeon exclaimed. "Stop it!"
"Araso.. araso.. mianhe it's just so fun to tease you guys. Onew sorry, but your expression was priceless just now when I asked you that question." Kyujong giggled looking at Onew.

Onew smiled awkwardly. Seungyeon grabbed Onew's hand and pulled him further away. "See you again.. Hara.. and oppa." Seungyeon said walking away with Onew.

"Mianhe. Oppa is just like that sometimes." Seungyeon looked at Onew.
"It's okay. But.. Seungyeon.. what do you really think, do I give good kisses?" Onew grinned.
"What? Now you continue this too.." Seungyeon sighed. "Well.. let's see... I think I need to test that later when we are somewhere alone again." she smiled. Onew smiled and looked at Seungyeon then winked at her.

Seungyeon punched his shoulder slightly. "Waee? I'm just giving you a wink!" Onew whined.
"Wait, what is this now?" Seungyeon looked around her confused as people started walking away from the main door as if making way for someone. Onew turned to look too and saw people walking away from someone.

Seungyeon walked closer to see who was coming but froze right away when she saw who it was.

Yunho was standing there with a guard that was holding him. All the Dae's were giving Yunho murderous glares as he was the one who had killed the headmaster.

"What the hell is he doing here?!" Yoseob yelled furiously.
"He has something important he wants to say to you all. He has a special permission to come and say it, then we will take him back." the guard said to them all.
Yunho stood there looking guilty.
"Speak now. We won't give you time forever." the guard ordered Yunho who just stood there in silence.

Yunho took a deep breath and looked at the crowd that was staring at him.
"I have done so wrong to you all. I want to apologize to you all. But especially, Minhyuk, Minhwan, Seungyeon, headmistress..Yoseob, uncle and aunt... and umma and appa. I am deeply sorry for what I did. I never wanted them dead, not one of them... especially.. Yuri. " Yunho started, his eyes started getting watery.

"I was greedy, so so greedy, and all I thought of was how to become more powerful, that's all I cared about... I was ready to kill everyone who got in my way.. even the ones I loved the most. I thought that I was the real kind of Dae, and the headmaster was just too weak for wanting peace.. but now I realize how wrong I was, I am not a real Dae at all, I don't even deserve to be called a Dae. And I deserve all of this, I deserve all the hate from you. I don't expect you to forgive me for what I did, because what I did was horrible and I just deserve to die. But I just wanted to tell you how sorry I am. So sorry for everything." Yunho said as his tears fell down his cheeks.

Everyone stared at Yunho silently.
Seungyeon didn't know if she could ever forgive Yunho for what he had done. But suddenly she remembered what her father had said before he died.

Please, forgive Yunho for what he has done.

Seungyeon glanced at Hara. Didn't I just tell her to forget about all this.. and to not hold any grudges??...

Seungyeon walked to where Minhwan and Minhyuk were standing. They were both staring at Yunho coldly.
"I don't know if I can forgive Yunho." Minhwan said to his siblings.
"Minhyuk.. Minhwan.. do you remember what appa told us?" Seungyeon said.
Minhyuk nodded. "I remember clearly. He asked us to forgive Yunho for what he did and remain the peace."
"Should we go to him?" Seungyeon asked her brothers. They hesitated for a moment then finally walked to Yunho.

Yunho glanced at the three then stared down as he didn't bare to look them into the eye because of the guilt.

"Hyung.. " Minhyuk started.
"I don't know if any of us will ever be able to forgive you completely.. but at least I want to try. Like our appa said, we should forgive you.. I want to try that, though I really don't know if I can." he said.
"Oppa.. I want to try too. I don't want to hold grudges against you all my life. Hate will just make people rotten inside.. I want to forgive you, even though I don't know either if I can completely deep in my heart" Seungyeon said.
Minhwan stared at Yunho, he was hesitating if to say something or not.

"Hyung, I really used to respect and look up to you when I was younger. But all the respect towards you faded away the day you killed appa, Yuri and oredered to kill Yesung hyung. But even after all that.. I want to try too.. try to forgive you. I hope that someday I will be able to respect you again.. hyung." Minhwan said.

"Thank you" Yunho said looking at the three siblings. "It really means a lot to me.. that you are willing to try and forgive me for my terrible sins.. even that is enough for me that you are willing to try. Thank you." Yunho sobbed.

Yoseob suddenly walked to Yunho and looked at the guard. "Please let me hit him once.. he really deserves it.. just once."
Yunho stared at Yoseob. "Just let him.." he said silently.
Yoseob stared at Yunho and got ready to hit when Jiyoon stopped him.

"Yoseob stop! Don't do it! There's been too much violence in our family already, just let it be. Yunho oppa learned his lesson obviously. There is no need to hit him." Jiyoon said.
"There is. I let them kill Yoseob's brother, he has all the right to hit me.. or rip me to pieces. He has every right.." Yunho said.
"But Yoseob.. remember violence is not the answer to anything. Don't you remember the headmasters words?" Jiyoon continued.

Yoseob stared at Yunho for a while still filled with anger but finally let his fist down then walked away.
"Yoseob, I'm really sorry." Yunho said and stared at his back that was getting further away from him.

Yunho then bowed to all the people there deeply.
"I apologize for interrupting this day of celebration like this.."

The guard then started taking him away as everyone stared in silence.

"Now Jonghyun. Go." IU nudged Jonghyun.
"Fine, fine, fine. I'm going." Jonghyun ran up to Yunho. "I think this is yours. IU picked it during the chaos at the warehouse. She said to return it."

Jonghyun handed Yunho a necklace.



"It's Yuri's." Yunho began to cry. "Thank you."

Yunho glanced down at his necklace.

"Don't be stupid like me. Treasure your loved ones especially that girl." Yunho said before leaving.

Jonghyun walked back to IU.

"What happened?" IU ran up to Jonghyun.
"I returned it. It was Yuri's." Jonghyun pulled her back to the party.

~~~~~

Jonghyun was getting tired of everyone greeting him. He just wanted some peace. Jonghyun looked around for a quiet area.

"IU, I'm bored. Come with me." Jonghyun whispered in IU's ear.
IU looked around and sadly sighed, "But, the people-"
"It's okay. They'll understand." Jonghyun pulled IU away from a couple approaching and told them. "Sorry. We'll be back. Eat and have fun."

Jonghyun led IU up the stairs to the empty second floor.

"It's so quiet and refreshing." Jonghyun stretched his arms. IU giggled. "Looks like we're not the only ones getting away from the crowd." Jonghyun pointed to Seungho and Mirai.

Seungho had his hand wrapped around Mirai's waist as they looked down at the party and talked to each other. They seemed to notice Jonghyun and IU as Mirai bowed and Seungho winked at Jonghyun and IU. They then returned to talking.

Jonghyun led IU towards the window. IU leaned on the wall next to it.

"I'm happy you lead me up here. It's quiet and romantic." IU gazed into Jonghyun's eyes.
"I know something that will make it more romantic." Jonghyun leaned closer to IU.
"Stop, my brother's watching." IU blushed embarrassed.
"No he's not. In fact he stole my idea." Jonghyun pointed to Seungho kissing Mirai, who was leaned against the railing.
"Omo." IU gasped.
"Can I continue?" Jonghyun pouted like a puppy.

IU nodded. Jonghyun leaned closer to IU until they heard someone bump into a table.

"Damn, now what?" Jonghyun cursed then turned around to see Onew and Seungyeon.

"Can't you read the surrounding?" Jonghyun asked.

Onew and Seungyeon looked around noticing Seungho and Mirai kssing and, IU, and Jonghyun in their kissing position.

"Oops." Onew rubbed his head.
"Can I continue without interruptions?" Jonghyun glared at Onew.

Onew smiled and nodded.

"You guys can have fun too, just keep your clothes on." Jonghyun told them then turned to IU.
IU giggled. "The mood is gone."
"Damn Onew." Jonghyun cursed.

Jonghyun looked around for something to hopefully bring the mood back.

"Want to look at the moon?" Jonghyun led IU to a four person table and sat by IU. "You can join too." Jonghyun told Onew who looked like he wanted to sit down.
"Thank you. My feet was hurting." Onew sat down by Seungyeon.
"So what's going to happen next for the OnYeon couple?" IU asked.
"ONYEON?!" Onew and Seungyeon asked at the same time.
"Yups, your new couple name. You're lucky you have one. If I put Jonghyun and my name together it's a disaster. JongU or Ihyun. See what I mean." IU laughed.

"Hmm.. what is going to happen to us next? It's a total mystery isn't it Onew?" Seungyeon said looking at Onew.
Onew nodded. "Yeah, a mystery..."

Yeah. It's a mystery Seungyeon.. how you will answer me if I propose to you tomorrow.. Onew thought looking at Seungyeon.

"How about you guys? What next?" Seungyeon asked Jonghyun and IU.
"Well, i'm expecting how it will be to finally become Jonghyun's wife. It feels kinda strange though, getting married." IU said.

"But you will be happy, i'm sure." Seungyeon smiled.
"I know i'm going to be happy as long as i'm together with Jonghyun." IU smiled back.

"Onew, are you okay? Does your back hurt or something?" Seungyeon asked when she noticed Onew streching himself.
"Well just a little.. I think we were standing too much today so.." he said. "But i'll be fine don't worry."

"He is getting old." Jonghyun giggled. Onew glared at him a little.

"Wait. I will give you a massage." Seungyeon said and got up to massage Onew's shoulders.
"Feel any better?" Seungyeon asked.
Onew had closed his eyes and enjoyed the massage. "It's so refreshing." he said.
"Is that so?" Seungyeon smiled then suddenly massaged him harder. "What about now?"
"Ow ow ow. That's too hard!" Onew exclaimed.
"Mian. I couldn't resist." Seungyeon giggled. "I'll be more gentle now."

IU leaned her head on Jonghyun's shoulder and looked at Onew and Seungyeon smiling.
"Jonghyun, imagine how horrible it would have been if they would have been killed. They fit so well together.. " IU whispered.
"I know." Jonghyun nodded.

"Oh, wait a second, I need to use the restroom. Be right back." Seungyeon said walked away from them.
"Seungyeon the restroom is not that way but there!" IU yelled after her when she noticed her walking to the wrong way.
"Oh.. okay. So that way?" Seungyeon asked pointing to the right.
"Yeah." IU said.

When Seungyeon was gone Onew turned to IU and Jonghyun and kept on staring the ring on IU's finger.

"Can I see that one more time IU?" Onew asked. IU nodded and offered her hand.
Onew stared at the ring very carefully.

Jonghyun frowned. "Why are you that interested in the ring now? Didn't you say it had no style cause I chose it?"
"Onew. Are you maybe thinking about, giving a ring for Seungyeon? Are you going to propose too!?" IU exclaimed excited.
"Shh... she might hear.." Onew whispered and put his finger over his lips.

"Omo. So you are!" IU giggled covering .
"Well I have been thinking something like that lately.." Onew said shyly.
"Don't think about copying me with the ring, it can't look like IU's ring, it has to be different." Jonghyun said.
"Of course i'm not going to copy you, i'm just checking." Onew mumbled.

"Actually guys, i'm not sure how to do it, proposing. I feel so nervous.. I want to make it perfect for her, I want to make something perfect for once in my life, but I know something will go wrong even if I try really hard to make it perfect." Onew said.

"Aigoo, Onew don't worry about it, Seungyeon will surely love it even though it wouldn't turn out to be perfect. Mistakes just make it more special." IU smiled.
"Yeah, there's no way you will be able to make it perfect anyway." Jonghyun said. "Don't try too hard just go with the flow."

Onew smiled a little bit and played with his fingers.
"You think she will say yes?"

"Of course!" IU and Jonghyun said in unison.
"Can't you see how much she loves you?" IU said.

"I can." Onew smiled thinking about Seungyeon.

"Don't worry." Jonghyun tapped Onew's shoulder. Seungyeon then came back and sat by Onew again.

IU and Jonghyun looked at her smiling widely.
Seungyeon looked around her confused.
"Umm.. did I miss something? What were you guys talking about?"

"Nothing special." Jonghyun shrugged and glanced up at the moon.