Chapter 32

Only That Person

A few days later both families were busy doing some meetings with their own branch family.Wonhyuk and all the head family member met the branch family in the main house again. He explained the situation they were in and he wanted everyone to change their point of views. Accompanied by his wife and his little brother, they managed to convince the branch family. Though at first they couldn’t accept it. Jung Il Woo was the only one who agreed to it when Wonhyuk told them he wanted to change the law.

Actually, Jung Il Woo was being close with a girl since a few years ago. She was from Dae branch family, he knew it. But the girl didn’t know Jung Il Woo was from Nang. He hid it from her because he was afraid if she would be hurt, knowing he’s a Nang. Wonhyuk didn’t know about this until Jung Il Woo told him himself.

The elders stared to think about this carefully. The headmistress started to get impatient. She stepped out and lectured them one by one, just like how she did with her husband. She didn’t care if they’re the elder or not. It was involving both families, not just the Nang. She also told them the Dae already agreed to end this silly rivalry.

After a long awkward silent, the elder finally agreed. The law will be changed, there won’t be any violence between both families, the border will be removed, and Onew and Seungyeon’s case will be forgiven. They won’t be executed.

The Dae family also did the same thing. They talked about this with the branch families. Surprisingly, Yunho’s father really helped them with changing the law. The bracnh families couldn’t help but agreeing the head family. They knew they couldn’t just change their attitude, but they will learn to live peacefully with the Nang, since the border will be removed.

Wonhyuk called Yoseob’s father and told him that the Nang family already agreed to change the law. The Dae also already agreed to this. They decided to meet both families and make a peace agreement together, watched by all family.

The meeting was held at the border of Dae area ang Nang area. Onew and Jonghyun stood behind Wonhyuk in their area while Seungyeon stood across of them, still in the Dae area.

“I’m sure this will make a better future.” Wonhyuk stepped out and offered a hand shake.
“Of course. It begins now.” Yoseob’s father grabbed Wonhyuk’s hand and shook it.

Everyone cheered behind them. Onew smiled brightly to Seungyeon and she did the same. Jonghyun wrapped his arms around IU and saw Onew walked out from the crowd into Seungyeon.

“The legend worked.” said Onew.
“Yeah, it did.”S eungyeon smiled to him.

Onew couldn’t hold it anymore and he just hugged Seungyeon right there. Their parents were watching them with warm smile.
“Oh, why I didn’t notice it earlier that they’re a cute couple.” said Onew’s mother.
“You’re right. They both have same chubby cheeks.” said Seungyeon’s mother.
“Oh, I can’t wait too see our grandchild.” Onew’s mother giggling with Seungyeon’s mother.
Onew’s father just rolled his eyes. “It’s too early to think about that, dear.”
“Why not? Our Dongho is even still waaaay too long. I don’t want our grandchild will see us in wrinkles.” Onew’s mother pouted just like Onew.

“Onew-ah, why don’t you introduce us your girlfriend properly now?” Onew’s mother called him.
“Oh, right. Come on, Seungyeon.” Onew held Seungyeon hand and walked to his parent. “Umma, Appa, this is Han Seungyeon, my girlfriend. Seungyeon, this is my umma and appa.”
“Hello, Mr. Lee and Mrs. Lee. I’m Han Seungyeon.” Seungyeon bowed politely to them.
“Don’t call us like that, it makes me look old. Just umma and appa is fine, Seungyeon.”Onew’s mother smiled gently.
“Ye, umma.” Seungyeon smiled back at her.
“Aigo~she IS cute, dear.” Onew’s mother giggling again.
Hyukjin, Onew’s father just smiled. “Seungyeon, I don’t know what do you see in Onew, but take care of our clumsy son, will you?”
“Appa, how could say something like that to your cute son?” Onew pouted cutely.
Seungyeon laughed softly watching them. “Don’t worry, Appa. And Onew is not clumsy, well sometime. But he’s dependable man.”

“Seungyeon.” Seungyeon’s mother called her gently from behind.
“Umma…” Seungyeon walked to her with Onew following behind.
Onew bowed to her and introduced himself. “Mrs. Han, I’m Lee Jinki, and I’m your daughter's boyfriend. Ah, just call me Onew like everyone else does.”
“Sure, Onew. Seungyeon chose you now, and all the obstacle has gone. I trust my only daughter in you. Although Seungyeon often looks strong on the outside, but she’s a soft hearted girl. Don’t you ever hurt her.”said Seungyeon’s mother.
“I won’t, Mrs. Han.”said Onew sure.
“Oh, you can call me umma like she did too. Besides, you will call me that when you join in our family. And I’m sure it won’t be long.”she teased them.

Onew just smiled shyly and shrugged while Seungyeon nudged her mother with her face getting red. Everyone started to blend in too. Onew’s cousins and Seungyeon’s cousins already talked to each other. Dongho seemed found his new friends. He looked close with Minhwan and Minhyuk. Soon, Seungho who was getting bored being ignored joined them. Doojoon started to talk to Yoseob, though it seemed awkward.

Then, Onew remembered about Seungyeon’s father. “Seungyeon, I think I should introduce myself to your father too, right? Do you want to do it now?”
Seungyeon looked at Onew. “Oh, right. My father needs to know you. Alright.”

"Follow me!" Seungyeon yelled and started running towards the Dae household.
"Where to?!" Onew yelled and followed her.
"To the place appa is!" she yelled far away from Onew.

After some running they reached Seungyeon's house and stood by the gate.
Seungyeon turned to Onew and fixed his shirt and hair a little bit.
"My appa is a very strict man but if you behave the right way he might let you go easier. So remember to behave. I don't know how appa will react, since you are the first guy I'm introducing to him and on top of that a Nang"

"I will. Though I have to admit, i'm a little bit nervous." Onew played along, imagining that he was really going to meet Seungyeon's father.
"Don't worry, I am here beside you to defend you if it gets too tough. " Seungyeon smiled and led Onew inside the house.

It was the first time a Nang was stepping in the Dae house that freely.

"Wouldn't it be nice if you wrote my appa a letter before we go meet him?" Seungyeon said to Onew and took him upstairs to her room. It was the first time Onew went to Seungyeon's room.
"This is your room?" Onew asked looking around.
"Yeah." Seungyeon said and started searching for some paper and a pen.
"Then how come there isn't a picture of your boyfried anywhere here?" Onew teased.
Seungyeon nudged him and handed him the paper and pen to write a letter.
"Make sure it's a good letter then and I might put a picture of my boyfriend here."
Onew smiled and started writing sitting on the bed.
Meanwhile Seungyeon searched for the photo of Onew and her on the waterfall from her computer. She printed the photo and searched for a frame to put it.

"My letter is ready." Onew said finally and looked at Seungyeon who was putting the photo inside the frame.
"I will read it soon but here is a photo of us now, satisfied?" Seungyeon asked handing Onew the photo.
"I am." Onew grinned then suddenly pulled Seungyeon who was standing to sit on his lap.
"Wae?" Seungyeon tilted her head.
Onew rested his chin on her shoulder holding her tightly as she sat on his lap. "I just like you so much, that's why. Now read the letter I wrote to your father." he said and handed Seungyeon the letter.

Seungyeon smiled and started reading it.

------------------------------------------
Hello Sir, Seungyeon's father.
First let me introduce myself, my name is Lee Jinki, but people usually call me Onew. I am Seungyeon's boyfriend and I am a member of the Nang family. This fact might make you shocked but please try to understand. The two of us have gone through hardships already because of the fact Seungyeon is a Dae and I a Nang, but sir after all those hardships we finally can be together. There is no danger anymore, so you don't need to worry about Seungyeon's safety, the law has been changed. Seungyeon told me that you were a man that loved peace, so I'm sure you will be happy about the fact that there is finally peace between the Nang and Dae families. It happened officially today. I feel really sad that I didn't have the chance to get to know you or introduce myself while you still were in this world, all I can do is write this letter. Sir, I will do my best to protect your daughter and I want to be the man that is worth her smiles. I won't hurt her, you can trust me. I hope you accept me to her even though I am a Nang. I really love your daughter.

---------------------------------------------

Seungyeon smiled and put the letter on the bed. "It's an okay letter I guess. We can give it to appa." she squeezed Onew's hand tightly and stared out the window.

"Onew.. if things didn't work out well like this.. then the two of us, we might be dead now..." she said quietly.
"That's true... but it didn't happen.. it's amazing, and what happened between our families is amazing too." Onew said.
"A while back I didn't even dare to dream about anything anymore or think about the future, because I just thought I would die.. but now I can dream again and I can plan about the future. I want you to be there with me... in my future Onew." Seungyeon said.
"I want you to be part of my future too." Onew whispered kissing her cheek gently.
"Should we go to your father now?" he asked and took the letter.
Seungyeon nodded and stood up.

Seungyeon led Onew to her fathers old office. "This is appa's office. Let's go in now. Good luck."
Onew nodded and knocked on the door.
"Who is it?" Seungyeon imitated her father then opened the door.

From there on they imagined as if Seungyeon's father was there in his office.

Onew looked around the room then bowed towards the desk.
"Annyeonghaseyo sir, my name is Lee Jinki. I am Seungyeon's boyfriend. And a Nang, but you can trust me, I really love your daughter and will protect her the best I can."

"Appa. I have found the best kind of man out there, he is the kind of man that is worth my smiles. You will accept him right? I will get really upset if you won't.. we had a lot of hardships already so please just accept Onew." Seungyeon said imagining to be talking to her father.

"Sir, please read the letter I wrote you carefully." Onew said walking to the desk. He placed the letter on the desk and took a few steps back.
Seungyeon and Onew stood in the office a few minutes in silence.

"We will go now appa." Seungyeon finally said.
Onew bowed one more time towards the table then followed Seungyeon out the office.

Seungyeon nudged Onew. "You had good manners, i'm sure appa will accept you. But I think we should go back to the others, maybe they wondered what happened to us."
"Yeah. Let's go." Onew said.

As Seungyeon and Onew arrived to the border there was no one.
"Where is everyone?" Onew tilted his head.
Just then they saw Minhyuk running to them. "Oh there you were, I have been looking all over for you two."
"Where's everyone?" Seungyeon asked.
"The Nangs invited everyone to their house. We are having a little party because we have peace finally, and also it's kind of engagement party for Jonghyun and IU." Minhyuk explained.

"Oops. Engagement party.. I don't have any present.." Onew bit his lip.
"I'm sure that the best present for Jonghyun is that his best friend is here alive and is able to attend his engagement party after all." Seungyeon smiled.

"Hmm.. true. That's enough for him." Onew grinned.
"Let's hurry then, they already started and are waiting for you." Minhyuk said.
Onew and Seungyeon followed him towards the Nang household,