Chapter 31

Only That Person

After a few hours the doctor finally came again.

Onew, Minhyuk, Minhwan, and Sunye rushed to him.
"Is she okay?" Onew asked.

The doctor nodded. "The surgery went very well, she should be fine again soon. She just needs a lot of rest.. seems like she has been very stressed out lately, too much stress might have launched this. Did you notice her being worried about something lately?"

Sunye glanced at Onew and all the people standing behind them.
"Well... there has been some family problems.."
"I see." the doctor said looking at the Nang and Dae's standing there a little bit suspiciously. To him they all looked like some people from mafia and he felt suspicious about them.

"But can we see her now?!" Minhwan exclaimed.
"Yes, can we!?" Onew exclaimed too.

"She just woke up.. so it's better not all these people come see her yet. It's not good to stress her at this point so those who are the closest to her, you come. " the doctor said. "So you four?"
Minhyuk nodded and went to take their mother with him too.

"Wait children. How about letting him go alone first." Seungyeon's mother suddenly said and looked at Onew.
"Onew? You would let him go there alone with Seungyeon?" Sunye asked surprised.
She nodded. "You know, young couples like that might feel embarrassed to be freely together if others are watching, especially their parents. I was like that when I was first dating Dongmin.. you boys might find it strange now but when your father was young, he used to be really romantic man. One day he came to my house at night, he had prepared a serenade for me so he called me to come outside so I went. He was so bad at singing and there he sung to me on his knees holding a flower bouquet but I still felt touched about it. But then suddenly my father looked out of the window and yelled "What is that horrible noise?!" and saw us there outside like that. You can imagine how embarrassed we both were that time." Seungyeon's mother chuckled then looked at Onew.
"You just go to Seungyeon, we will come later."

Onew looked at her and smiled a little bit. "I.. I will go now then."
Onew started running towards the room where Seungyeon was, he was so eager to see her that he stumbled to his own feet on the way and fell on the floor.

He stood up and glanced back at the people who were now laughing at him and smiled awkwardly then went in the room walking calmly.

Minhyuk looked at his mother and smiled. "Really appa did such things? I always thought he was such a tough man.."
"Well even though he was a tough man, he was very weak when it came to women." his mother chuckled then suddenly turned serious.
"I do miss all that... I really do miss my Dongmin.." she said sadly thinking about her husband again.
Minhwan and Minhyuk looked down sadly too. "I really hope we don't have to lose our sister too." Minhwan muttered.

~~~~~~~~

"Seungyeon..." Onew asked carefully as he walked in the room where Seungyeon laid on the hospital bed.
"Onew..." Seungyeon whispered and smiled faintly. "Come here."

Onew smiled and walked to her then kneeled on the floor beside the bed.
"How are you feeling?" he asked gently and petted her hair.
"I'm okay, don't worry about me." Seungyeon said and held Onew's hand.
"i'm so sorry that we must spend the last few days we have together like this.. I hate that I made you worried like this. If this didn't happen we could have gone somewhere far away together and our families wouldn't have found us.." she said silently.

Onew shook his head.
"There is no need to be sorry so don't be. Besides I have good news!" he said and smiled brightly.
"Good news?" Seungyeon tilted her head.
"Yes, Seungyeon. Good news. Our families decided to do a re-vote for us. Seungyeon maybe they won't kill us!!" he exclaimed.
"A re-voting?! Really?" Seungyeon's eyes went wide open.
Onew nodded. "They just decided about it while you were having the surgery. It's amazing isn't it?"
Seungyeon nodded and little by little a bright smile formed on her face too.

"Even though there is still a lot of people we must convince but we do have hope Seungyeon." Onew said squeezing her hand tighter.
Seungyeon stared at Onew and felt tears falling down her cheeks. "We have hope..." she whispered repeating Onew's words.

~~~~~~~~~~

"This is ridiculous! A re-vote!!! Ridiculous!! Where has this family gone to?!" Yunho's father snorted angrily and pushed IU who was standing on his way roughly away then walked out the hospital.

"Are you okay?" Jonghyun walked to IU and glanced at Yunho's father who was walking away. IU nodded and looked up at Jonghyun.

There was a moment of silence between the two before IU spoke.

"You really think that it's not going to work out between us anymore?"
IU said remembering what had happened earlier in the beach.

IU's question struck Jonghyun hard. Wonhyuk over heard Jonghyun and IU, but pretended to be looking elsewhere.

"It... depends." Jonghyun looked away. "It's up to your father. I'm a lot lower in rank than anyone here. It wouldn't be surprising if he decided not to accept us. He didn't like me from the start anyway."
"Jonghyun-" IU reached for Jonghyun.
"But," Jonghyun took her hands, "whatever happens I love you, and only you. Nothing will ever change that. Even if I'm stuck in the friend category I'll always be there for you."

IU smiled and hugged Jonghyun. Jonghyun hugged her back.

If only I was as confident as I sounded. Truth be told, I'm scared. I'm scared of losing you just like Onew is scared of losing Seungyeon.

"Dear," The headmistress nudged her husband after hearing and watching Jonghyun and IU, "What do we do about IU? She has fallen hard for Jonghyun. I don't see anything wrong with him. He has manners, is really nice, and he obviously cares for her. There's nothing else I could ask for. Besides Seungho and their friends accept their relationship. You are the only one who's against it. I know you are only allowing them to date just because you wanted him to fill in TOP's spot for Dae guard duty. Besides I don't think we'll be needing that guard duty thing anymore. Why don't you actually let them date and marry. You are letting Seungho marry his love. Why can't she?"
"What?" Wonhyuk asked his wife. "Shida Mirai is his girlfriend?"
"Yes, even I knew that. But that's not the point. We're talking about IU and Jonghyun. I think that they should be allowed to marry." The headmistress answered. "Stop being stubborn and let them marry."

Wonhyuk looked at Jonghyun and IU. He suddenly remembered that Seungho had suggested Jonghyun as a suitor when they first talked about marriage.

"Jonghyun, IU come here." Wonhyuk ordered.

Jonghyun and IU looked at each other. They took a breath and walked over to Wonhyuk. Seungho also walked closer to them.

"How long have you two been dating?" Wonhyuk asked.
"Stop it." His wife slapped him.
"What? I just want to know." Wonhyuk defended himself. "How long?"
"3 years." Jonghyun answered.
"3 years?" Wonhyuk's eyes widened.
"Yes sir, even while she was in America." Jonghyun said.
"See. I told you she's good." His wife whispered.
"How far did you go?" Wonhyuk asked.
"Appa!!" "Dear!!" IU, Seungho, and his wife scolded.
"No this is an important question." Wonhyuk said.
"We've only kissed. I have never done anything more." Jonghyun answered leaving out how deep the kiss had become.
"You've never had ." Wonhyuk boldly asked.
"Appa!!" IU turned red.
"No sir. Never. I believe in abstinence til marriage." Jonghyun lied. He never had with her, but he did not believe in abstinence. Jonghyun just didn't want to hurt IU or do anything unless she wanted to.
"Really?" Wonhyuk asked suspiciously.
"Yes sir. You can have a doctor check if you want." Jonghyun said.

Everyone was shocked at Jonghyun's answer. They never expected Jonghyun to be so confident, especially because Jonghyun looked like the type to fool around.

Wonhyuk was still not satisfied with Jonghyun's answers. He wanted to find a flaw in Jonghyun."Well, did you two ever-"
"Enough." The headmistress cut off Wonhyuk. "There's nothing wrong with him. Just let them date and get married. Jonghyun obviously hasn't hurt her in anyway. Besides do you want them to end up like Onew and that Dae girl?!! Do you want to lose your daughter?"

Everyone looked at them since they heard about Onew and Seungyeon. Even Seungyeon and Onew came out of the hospital room after hearing the commotion.

"Your stupid rules already gave one couple a hard time. Now you are just being stubborn. You already know that Onew is a good kid. He never did anything bad. You also know that Jonghyun is a good kid. Isn't that why you let IU and Seungho become friends with Jonghyun. Now that IU and Jonghyun want to be more then friends you tell them no just because you want to expand the Neng family name and get more power. Wonhyuk you are not the man I married. When we married we were not forced. Our parents let us get married. I will not let you use my children as toys for your game of power!!" The headmistress exploded.

"Honey, calm down." Wonhyuk tried to stop her from embarrassing him.

"No! I will not stop. I refuse to let IU and Jonghyun become like Onew and Seungyeon, I believe her name is. If you do not let them marry I will divorce you. You will no longer be the head of the Nengs. I'm tired of you abusing your power over something stupid. As the actual decedent of Neng family I will become the overall head. I was fine without a man before we got married and I will be fine without one too." The headmistress threatened Wonhyuk. "You were like Jonghyun. You were not part of the head family. The reason you have power now is because you married me. Why are you against Jonghyun so much!!"
"Because I know how hard it is!!" Wonhyuk confessed. "I know how hard it is to become part of the head family with no background. I know that you suffered because of it too. I don't want IU or Jonghyun to suffer." Wonhyuk explained. "As for Onew, I know he's a good kid and doesn't deserve any of this, but what can I do? I'm someone who married into the head family. I can't just go around changing rules that were made by someone actually born into the head family. It's disrespectful on my side."
"Then why don't we do this." The head mistress said.

She walked towards the Dae family headmistress.

"Do you want to abolish that law about Daes and Nengs being forbidden to date? Actually do you want to end the rivalry between us. This whole law thing set up by our ancestors is not working. It's hurting our families, so much. Do you want to end it and have peace?" The Neng headmistress asked and put her hand out.

The Dae headmistress looked down in thought.

"Umma," Minhyuk spoke. "Please? For Seungyeon."
"And the future Daes and Nengs." Minhwan added.

She toward the room where Seungyeon was in. She saw Seungyeon standing outside and watching while holding on to Onew tightly.

"Please." Seungyeon closed her eyes and prayed.

Onew was biting his lips and looking at Seungyeon. Please.

"I.. ah..." The Dae headmistress stuttered. "Yes. Let's end the rivalry." She shook the Neng headmistress's hand.

Everyone smiled and let out a sigh of relief. Some even began to cheer.

"You have permission to marry. I don't care what my husband says." The headmistress said to Jonghyun and IU before going to Wonhyuk.

"Yes!!!" IU hugged Jonghyun.

Jonghyun spun IU around in a circle a few times before putting her down on the floor. He bent down on one knee. Everyone around became quiet and watched Jonghyun and IU.

"IU will you marry me?" Jonghyun pulled out a ring from his pocket.

IU covered with her hand. "Jonghyun... I... Yes!!"

Jonghyun smiled brightly and hugged IU. Everyone clapped.

Onew and Seungyeon, who were watching turned to each other smiling.

"You do understand that it's not that easy to just end the rivarly this easily, there's tons of people we still need to convince, especially all the branch families. They might be strongly against this." Yoseob's father whispered to the Dae headmistress.

"I know that. But if we work together, and talk to them all. I'm sure they will follow what the head family decides. And I know there might never be complete peace between our families but just if we can stop all this violence that has been going on that hurt so many people, and if we can at least change this law about the dating. It really doesn't work, people can't change the way they feel that easily, and in the future i'm sure more Dae and Nang people will fall in love again.. and if we don't change the law, imagine how much we would have to kill innocent people who did nothing else but loved. You will work with me and convince all the Daes to peace right?" she said.

Yoseob's father sighed and glanced at all the people who looked happy now.
"Well.... I guess... alright I will help you."

The headmistress smiled brightly and grabbed his hands thankfully. "Thank you so much. I really appreaciate it. I really do. "

"Actually, these few days I have been thinking about Seungyeon's situation a lot and the way that I voted against her. By doing that I broke one promise I made with Dongmin hyung when Seungyeon was born.. he asked me to protect her and all his family if something ever happened to him. But what I did was the opposite of that, I didn't protect her but was ready to get her killed. I can't believe myself.. i'm really sorry...." Yoseob's father said looking down.

"It's not late to change that.. let's convince all the Dae's together. And Dongmin he loved his little brother a lot, i'm sure he would have forgave you about this." the headmistress smiled and tapped his shoulder.

"So... this means that Seungyeon and Onew.. they can live?" Minhwan asked the two.
"From the headfamilies side it's a yes, there is still branch families we need to talk with but we are sure they will follow us. We'll make sure they live. So go tell the two these news" Yoseob's father smiled.

Minhwan right away ran to Seungyeon after hearing that. "Noona!!!!!" he exclaimed hugging his sister tightly. "Noona!!! They said you can live!!! They said they must convince some people but they said they will make sure you two live!!!"

"Are you serious Minhwan??!" Seungyeon asked looking at him amazed.
"100% sure noona!" he said.
Seungyeon looked up at Onew. "Onew... we.. we....." she stuttered.
Onew pulled Seungyeon against him and hugged her tightly. ".. we will live." he said finishing the sentense.

"Seungyeon!!!" Sunye ran to them also full of happiness. "Seungyeon!!!!! Seungyeon!!! My Seungyeon!!!!!" she screamed happily and jumped to hug her too.

"Hey, she is my Seungyeon." Onew joked looking at the two cousins.
"No mine. My Seungyeon noona!" Minhyuk ran there too and squeezed his sister.
"Aigoo... you all pabo's. If you want me that badly then just share, though my Nang boy will still have the biggest part of me." Seungyeon giggled looking at all the people around her she cared about the most.
"Seungyeon...." Sunye pouted playfully.
"See.. I told you Seungyeon is mine." Onew grinned then grabbed Seungyeon's hand and started walking to where Jonghyun and IU were.

Onew nudged Jonghyun playfully. "I never saw that coming Jonghyun.."
Jonghyun grinned and put his arm around IU. "Let me introduce my future wife IU."
"You will become happy." Onew said. "Though you might have some hard time being Jonghyun's wife my dear cousin." he said to IU.
"Yah! She won't." Jonghyun punched Onew slightly to his arm.

"Can I see the ring?" Seungyeon asked IU interested.
"Sure." IU smiled giving her hand.
Seungyeon looked at the ring smiling. "Wahh.. that is so pretty!!" she exclaimed.
"I wish I can have one someday too..." Seungyeon said hinting Onew something.

"You shouldn't expect too much from Onew. At least not a ring as pretty.." Jonghyun said repaying Onew what he had just said about IU being happy with him.
"Yah! What are you saying? You should expect a lot my Dae girl. Don't look too long for such rings Jonghyun chose, he doesn't have taste." Onew said pulling Seungyeon back to his side.
"What? I don't have taste? You should see yourself!" Jonghyun exclaimed.

"Aigoo.. stop this will you." IU giggled.
"Araso araso. Anyway, congratulations you both. And truthfully it's a pretty ring IU." Onew smiled then hugged Jonghyun.