Chapter 32

Memories of A Diary

The annual time has come, yes, it was time for camp. That morning you woke up a bit earlier than usual to pack and get ready, cursing the school for not saying exactly where they were going so you could pack necessary clothes. After packing a bunch of trackies and hoodies you closed your big MCM bag and walked down the stairs. Your mum and dad were already sitting at the kitchen, your dad was reading newspaper and your mum was washing the dishes. “Are you ready?” You mum asked heartedly. You had a little that she wanted you gone.

“Yes mum.”

“Do you want a lift?” Your dad happily asked.

You bit onto your toast and shook your head, “No thanks. Soo Mi will be picking me up later.”

He nodded and continued reading his newspaper. After a while you heard the car horn and shot up, you grabbed your runners and darted out the door. “Bye appa! Bye umma!”

Soo Mi was in the car waving at you, you grinned and ran over. “Hiya!”

“Heyo!” She laughed and opened the door for you.

You stepped in and bowed your head at her dad, “Hello Mr.”

He nodded in acknowledgement and drove off. “He’s a little grumpy today.” Soo Mi whispered.

You nodded and sat back, “So what things did you bring?”

“Hmm, I didn’t know where we were going to go so I bought a little bit of each…” She tapped her chin.

You shook your head, “Its winter darling.”

“That’s why I bought more hoodies.” She winked and you laughed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When the two of you arrived at school you ran into class and sat down, everyone was excited and you heard a few girls talking about bringing bikinis and skirts. *It’s a winter camp for god sakes!*

At that moment Kikwang and Beast walked in, girls awed and squealed at the sight of their oppas in casual clothes. You met eyes with Kikwang and smiled, he blinked at you and once again, walked off. You frowned and made a face. *Once a jerkface, always a jerkface.*

The teacher stepped in and everyone settled down, he smiled and wore on his cap. “Guess what? We’re going to a forest for one night and two days! We are very fortunate to be able to find such a pleasant area. Please remember to keep safe and respect the people at the campsite, the buses are waiting for us, I hope you guys have prepared everything needed, now let’s go!”

Boys pumped fists and ran out the door. Yuri and her friends groaned. “I only bought heels,” A girl with pink hair pouted.

You and Soo Mi exchanged glances and smirked. *Pabo.* The 2 of you thought at the same time and walked out the door arm in arm.

As you were about to step on the bus, you heard someone calling your name. “Min Ji! Min Ji!”

Soo Mi nudged and winked at you before stepping onto the bus. You turned and smiled when you saw Nickhun running towards you. “Hey, oppa!”

He smiled, “Are you ready for camp?”

You beamed, “Ahuh!”

He grinned and pulled something out of his backpack. “I have something for you!”

You tilted your head as he pulled out some heat packs. “I assume you didn’t bring these right? They’ll keep you warm at night, here.”

You softened and shoved the packs into your bag. “Thank you, Nickhun oppa. You’re so thoughtful.”

He grinned and scratched his head, “It’s nothing… Anyways I should board my bus now, I’ll see you there yeah?”

You nodded and waved, “See ya!” You stepped onto the bus and plopped down next to Soo Mi. Who was already eating away. Kikwang and the rest of Beast were of course, sitting in the back row, listening to music and sleeping while fan girls squealed and sneaked pictures of them.

Hyunseung looked at Soo Mi and smirked, “Yeobo-ah, tell these people to stop looking at me.” He whined.

Girls gawked and glared at Soo Mi, who flinched and looked away immediately. You noticed her discomfort and tapped her shoulder. “Are you and Hyunseung dating?”

She shook her head, “N-No…”

You grinned and folded your arm, “Then you like him.”

This time she didn’t respond. *Bingo.* You thought.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After 2 hours of chatting, sleeping, eating and laughing, the bus came to a stop and everyone hopped off. You heard people groan and looked up, in front of everyone were small huts, small tiny huts enough for two people. They were everywhere and if you weren’t wrong, there would probably be more than 60. Around the huts were trees, trees and oh yeah, trees. The teachers stood in front of everyone and smiled, “Okay, these gorgeous huts are where you will be sleeping, there is enough space for 2 people so choose a partner and move in, the staff area will be up in the bigger hut so please come up there when you’ve finished moving in.”

“Neh…” Different tones were heard from everyone.

You and Soo Mi looked at each other and grinned, “Let’s go~” Soo Mi sang and dragged you towards one of the small hut.

Beast looked around, one of Yuri’s friend even the guts and walked up to Hyunseung. “Oppa… Do you want to share a hut with me?” She asked and twirled her with her finger.

Hyunseung blinked at her before walking up to Junhyung, “Sorry baby, but I have to share a hut with my bubba.”

The girl frowned while Junhyung smirked, “Yeah, he’s my honeybum.” The rest of Beast laughed as the two idiots made kissing faces. The poor girl looked devastated and ran off, causing them to laugh even more.

“Alright you gay lovers, go to your hut.” Doojoon laughed and walked away with Dongwoon.

Kikwang and Yoseob looked at each other. “Hi babe.” Yoseob gave him the pedo face.

He rolled his eyes, “Just go.”

After playing, telling scary stories and eating, it was time for the best event of camp: the treasure hunt. Everyone wore long pants and thick hoodies, ready to run into the woods to find the precious 50,000 won (Around 50 dollars?)  notes. You and Soo Mi tightened the strings of your hoodie and got ready to run for it. The teachers set up a campfire at the meeting place and started the timer; Mr Shin stepped up and spoke to everyone. “Remember the rules of this game, stick close to your partner and come back here when you here the whistle, the notes are all within 800m so don’t go too far! Now go!”

He blew onto the whistle and everyone ran for it, Yuri and her friends all had trouble running on the dirt in their high stilettos and wedges. Beast of course, didn’t participate in this game; none of them needed money, well… not like this anyways. You and Soo Mi ran in the opposite direction of everyone else, since Soo Mi forgot her torch the both of you had to rely on yours to see the way. “It’s so cold…” Soo Mi shuddered.

You let go of her arm and grinned, running over to the tree you gently peeled the 50,000 won note off the bark and waved it in the air. “I found one!” You squealed and flashed the torch at Soo Mi’s face.

She covered her eyes but nonetheless made her way over, the two of you laughed like idiots before continuing the treasure hunt. After collecting around 5 notes, the two of you dusted your hands in satisfaction, “Should we go back now?” Soo Mi asked.

You nodded and grabbed her arm, “Kaja kaja.” Just as you turned, you stepped on a stick and slipped, the torch went flying out of your hand and onto the floor, you let go of Soo Mi’s arm and bent down moving your hand around hoping to find it. “I can’t find it Soo Mi, help me.”

Hearing no response you stood back up and looked around, “Soo Mi?!”