Chapter 38

Memories of A Diary

Winter had come to an end and flowers were beginning to grow again. Hyunseung and Soo Mi’s bet was still on and since you often collided into both Kikwang and Nickhun, the scores were both 5/5, most of Hyunseung’s scores were earned when you and Kikwang had to work on your project, which was going to be due soon. One sunny day Nickhun was sitting at his table with his friends, Taecyeon, Wooyoung and Chansung. “Hey hey, look! Khunnie is day dreaming again!” Taecyeon nudged Wooyoung and Chansung and they all laughed.

Nickhun pouted and looked away, “Stop it.”

Wooyoung chuckled and wrapped his arm around Nickhun’s shoulder, “Aren’t you gonna confess at all?”

Nickhun shrugged, “I don’t know… What if she rejects me? Then what am I gonna do?”

Chansung wagged his finger at Nickhun’s face, “No no no, if you confess, then there might be a chance she likes you too, if you don’t then yeah both of you will die old.”

“But still…” He pouted.

“Oh come on. It’s a bright sunny day, go out and play. Say what you want to say, confess in a café~” Taecyeon said while feeding Wooyoung his bread.

Nickhun sighed. “You’re just using this as an excuse to create poems.”

Taecyeon frowned. “My poems are good!”

Wooyoung chuckled and shoved a piece of bread into his friend’s mouth. “Give the kid a break honey, he’s gathering up all the courage to confess to that Min Ji girl.”

Chansung snickered while Taecyeon pouted. “Okay Yeobo, but it’s so hard, seeing my little baby so lost… So confused… So fragile!”

Nickhun rolled his eyes, “Umma, appa, get a room.  I’m not a baby.”

Wooyoung sniffled and pretended to wipe his tears, “Our eldest baby grew up so fast, he wants to be independent already.”

Nickhun sighed. “Come on guys, stop.”

 “We’ll stop if you tell Min Ji you like her.”

Nickhun lowered his head, “Next time… I will…”

Chansung groaned, “OH COME ON! This is like the fifth time you’ve said that, just go for it!”

“But I’m scared…” Nickhun whined.

Taecyeon tilted his head, “How come he acts like a baby in front of us but when he’s with Min Ji, he’s such a… man?”

Chansung nodded, “Because he’s sick.”

Wooyoung nodded and gave a Nickhun a pitiful look, “Mhmm, love sick.”

Nickhun stomped his foot, “Alright alright I’ll ask her if she wants coffee and then I’ll tell her.”

Chansung and Taecyeon high fived each other and Wooyoung patted his back, “Well done Nickhun, you’ve a done a good jo- OMO she’s coming she’s coming ask her now!”

Nickhun’s eyes rounded when he turned and saw you walking with Soo Mi, “I take that back I’m not asking her now- WOAH!”

He yelped as Wooyoung kicked him off the bench and he landed right in front of you. You blinked at him, “Oh my god oppa are you alright?”

Soo Mi chuckled and helped him up, “How can you be such a dork in front of her?” She hissed in his ear.

Nickhun scratched his head and looked at you, “Oh sorry I just tripped over my friend’s foot.”

You laughed heartily and nodded. “It’s okay, we’ll get going now, bye!”

When you and Soo Mi walked away Nickhun turned to his friends, they were all frowning and pointed at you. “Go you idiot!” Taecyeon mouthed.

Nickhun turned towards you, “Wait!”

You and Soo Mi turned around, “Yes?” You blinked.

He ran up to you, “Wanna grab some coffee later?” He smiled.

Your insides started squealing, “Okay.” You said calmly.

Nickhun smiled, “Really? Then I’ll wait for you after class?”

You nodded. “Mhmm, see ya!” He waved and you walked away with Soo Mi.

When you weren’t looking Soo Mi turned around and gave Nickhun the thumbs up, he smiled and she pumped her fist. “Fighting!” She mouthed and continued walking. 

Smiling, Nickhun walked back to his table. Wooyoung shook his head, “Stop smiling or your face is going to be wrinkly like that forever.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When the bell rang Soo Mi dashed into class, “HYUNSEUNG!” She yelled at the tops of her lungs.

He sat up from his desk and rubbed his sleepy eyes, “Who called me?”

Soo Mi rolled her eyes and ran over, “I win I win I win!” She squealed while shaking his shoulders.

He blinked at her, “What do you mean?”

“Nickhun is going to confess to Min Ji after school today!”

Hyunseung frowned, “Where did your manners go? You’re supposed to call me Hyunseung oppa~”

She made a face, “Eww…”

Hyunseung chuckled, “What did you say before about Nickhun and Min Ji?”

She grinned. “Nickhun’s gonna confess to Min Ji~ I win I win~”

“What do you mean confess?” Hyunseung questioned.

“He asked her to go to the café after school,” She smiled. “His friends told me about it.”

Hyunseung shook his head, “Andwae, this can’t be happening…”

“Yes it can~” She sang.

He frowned and grabbed her hands, “Let’s follow them after school.”

She thought about it for a while and then nodded, “Alrights! I’m going to prove to you that Min Ji and Nickhun are meant to be together!”

He made a face and she sat back down in her seat, Hyunseung put his face on his palms and sighed. *Aish, Kikwang really needs to make a move.*

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The dismissal bell rang and everyone went to get their bags, smiling you walked out of class and was greeted by Nickhun. “Hey.” He smiled.

You waved. “Hello~”

“You ready?” He asked.

You nodded, “Kaja kaja~”

Laughing, the two of you walked out of school.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Are you ready?” Soo Mi hissed.

“Yes, I have prepared everything I thought we’d need. Over.” Hyunseung replied.

They were hiding in a bush, waiting for you and Nickhun to come. Soo Mi was wearing oversized sunglasses while Hyunseung had a big brown asian hat. “They’re coming!” Soo Mi squealed when she heard you and Nickhun laughing.

“I see them. Over.” Hyunseung responded.

When you and Nickhun walked pass the bushes Soo Mi immediately pulled Hyunseung in case they saw his hat. “Aish, why did you have to wear such a big hat?!” She yelled after you left.

He grinned and stepped out of the bushes. “Because it is good for disguising, I knew it was going to come in handy one day.”

She rolled her eyes, “Yeah totally…” She took off her big sunglasses and frowned. “So tell me why I have to wear these ugly sunnies again?” She asked.

“Hey hey!” Hyunseung yelped and put the sunnies back on for her, “What if someone sees us? Put it back on!”

She gave him the look, “So you’re saying that by wearing sunnies people won’t see me?”

He grinned, “Ahuh!”

Soo Mi rolled her eyes, “Let’s just follow them.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Ladies first.” Nickhun smiled as he opened the café door for you.

“Well you’re very gentlemen like today…” You chuckled and walked back inside.

The two of you sat on a table next to the window, when Nickhun went to order the drinks you noticed a strange looking couple behind you. The man was wearing a big brown hat and the girl was wearing big sunglasses, both of them were acting as if no one was allowed to see their faces. When Nickhun came back and sat across from you, you tapped his hand. “Oppa…” You whispered and he looked at you. “Don’t you think the couple behind us looks strange?”

He blinked at you, “No…”

“One’s wearing a big hat and is covering his face with the newspaper while the other one is wearing thick as sunnies!”

Nickhun tapped his chin, “If you think about it… They do look really familiar…”

“Soo Mi and Hyunseung?” Your eyes widened.

“Oh my, the sky is so… so blue!” The man said with a croaked voice.

“Hmm oh yeah, and this table, it’s so smooth!” The girl squeaked.

You and Nickhun looked at each other before cracking up laughing, “That’s not Soo Mi’s voice.” You shook your head and he nodded.

When the drinks came the two of you started talking and drinking, you were telling him about your family and he gazed at you lovingly. You noticed him staring at you and stopped talking. “Oppa, what are you staring at?”

He snapped out of his thoughts and looked away. “Err nothing I just… You’re really pretty Min Ji.”

“Urgh, so cheesy, I’ve got goosebumps.” Hyunseung shuddered.

Soo Mi smacked his head, “Shut up! We nearly got caught before.”

You blinked at Nickhun and blushed. “What are you saying…”

He smiled and pushed your hair away from your face, “I really…”

“Oh it’s coming, it’s coming!” Soo Mi squealed and pinched Hyunseung’s arm, making him wince in pain.

“I really…” Nickhun scratched his head, “I really like you.”