Chapter 18

Memories of A Diary

Hello there ;) sorry for the late update, i had a writer's block hehhhe (A)

WARNING: long and boring chapter.... because of that i'll double update for you so please forgive me :))

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You ran back towards the net and joined in with your classmates who were stretching. You glanced over towards the benches and spotted Soo Mi, she waved and you started stretching, soon the umpire stepped up and told the crowd to sit down, all the players quickly ran to their positions. You stood in the middle and tied up your hair, Kikwang walked to the other side of you and tied his shoelace, you blinked at him. “Aren’t you supposed to be at the back?”

Kikwang stood up and shrugged, “I like it here better.”

“But-“

“Don’t worry about where I’m standing, just worry about not losing this game.”

You gave him a weird look and nodded.

The umpire blew the whistle and everyone started cheering:

 “CUBE HIGH CAN KICK ANYONE’S GLUTEUS MAXIMAS!”

 “We’re going to break their vertebras since they hurt so many of us last year!”

“Aim for the CRANIUM!”

*Why are there so many body parts in these chants?!* You thought as you looked over to see the 3 stooges standing on the bench: Yoseob was jumping up and down, Dongwoon was making faces at the SM students and Hyunseung was waving his arms around like a chimpanzee.

You sighed, “So much for the being the kingkas.”

Kikwang whacked your head and pointed towards other team, “Pay attention and stop looking around!”

“Okay okay, gosh.”

The umpire blew the whistle and the game started, Yuri served first, and the ball bounced back and forth, your eyes were glued to the ball until suddenly from the corner of your eyes you saw someone waving, you turned and blushed when you saw Lu Han waving at you. Your brain automatically forgot about the game as you stood there watching Lu Han.

“YAH CHOI MIN JI! THE BALL IS COMING YOUR WAY!”

You snapped out of your daze and caught the ball. You blinked as your classmates froze; you meekly smiled, “uh oh…”  

The umpire blew his whistle, “1 for SM 0 for CUBE!”

The game kept going and you kept on losing, it’s either Lu Han would wave at you or your eyes would just drift to him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The half time whistle came, “CUBE HIGH 0 AND SM HIGH 5!”

Everyone walked to their bench area, Yuri walked pass and gave you a shove, “Nice job, loser.”

You pouted and walked slowly over to the bench, Soo Mi gave you a bottle of water, “Aish Min Ji, I know you like that Lu Han boy but still!”

You shook your head, “N-no… I don’t like him…”

Soo Mi shook her head, “Lies…”

You gave her a crooked smile and pointed to the toilets. She nodded and you walked off. You turned into the corridors and opened the door; you stopped when you heard some snickering,

“Good job Lu Han hyung, you’ve managed to distract that girl. Just like last year.” You heard one boy snicker.

“I agree with Sehunnie! Did you see her face when he waved at her?! She was so lost she even caught the ball! Bowahahahaa!”

You blinked in surprise, *Are they… talking about me?*

You leaned over to take a look at those people talking, 12 boys were standing around the vending machine, and sure enough, Lu Han was leaning against the wall, hands in his pocket. You clasped your hand around your mouth, *Please prove me wrong Lu Han…*

At that moment Lu Han smirked, “Why do I have to do this anyways? It’s even more boring than sitting in class, she isn’t even cute.”

You clenched your fist; blood was racing up your vein. Angrily, you stormed out of the corridor, you bumped into Kikwang and he crossed his arm, “Choi Min Ji, why are you even on the team?”

You glared at him and with a, “Piss off.” You stormed off.

Kikwang blinked at your sudden action, he walked towards the area you were standing before and listened to Lu Han and his friends talk.

“Don’t worry Lu Hannie, after this match; I doubt that school would ever have the guts to verse us again.”

“Yeah! D.O hyung is right!”

“Aye… what are you going to do with that girl anyways? I think she really likes you.”

Kikwang nodded, “They’re talking about Min Ji… no wonder why she was so pissed.”

“Erh, I don’t care about that girl, she’s nothing.” Lu Han said bluntly.

Kikwang walked out with his hands in his pocket, *Min Ji-ah, you have to be stronger than this. Teach that kid a lesson.*

Soon the second half started, you sighed and trotted back towards the net, you looked over towards Lu Han and blew a raspberry, “Lu Han, you stinky poo.”

“Psshh, Min Ji!”

You looked up and tilted your head as Lu Han was waving at you; you looked at his fake acting and suddenly had the urge to puke. You snorted and looked away. Lu Han blinked in surprise.

“PLAYERS, THE GAME WILL CONTINUE NOW! SM WILL BE SERVING.”

The game started, the ball flew over and you whacked it back, everyone gawked at your sudden action, Kikwang smiled, *Just as expected.*

The more balls served the tougher you played. The umpire blew his whistle, “5 minutes left! Both teams are on 5!”

“Did Min Ji drink something weird just then?” You heard someone shout.

You looked over towards Lu Han, “The last ball is gonna be for you.”

 The ball went up in the air and you whacked it back, the ball went flying towards Lu Han, unfortunately who wasn’t looking and ended up on the floor the moment his friends called him to turn around.

Lu Han sat back up with blooding oozing from his nose; you stuck out your tongue and wiped your hands. Your classmates started cheering and clapping. The umpire stood up, “SM HIGH 5 AND CUBE HIGH 6! THE WINNER OF THIS YEAR’S GAME IS CUBE HIGH SCHOOL!”

“YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” You jumped around, Kikwang smiled at you; unknowingly you wrapped your arms around his neck. He stopped smiling immediately and stood there as you jumped up and down. You noticed what you were doing and immediately let go.

You gave him your eye small and he raised an eyebrow, “What now?”

You grinned, “We won!”

He rolled his eyes, “Okay.”

You pouted, “You are no fun.”

He was about to reply but Soo Mi ran up and hugged you, “CHOI MIN JI! You go girlfriend!” She pulled you away as Kikwang stood there smiling.