Chapter 72

Memories of A Diary

A few days later, you and Nichkhun had agreed to go bowling again. The two of you met in front of the too familiar gaming centre.

“Come on!” Nickhun smiled as he pulled you into the bowling centre.

You nodded and walked in. Nickhun walked you to your lane and helped you sit down, you smiled at him, “You know, I’m not disabled, I can sit by myself.”

He chuckled, “Arasso, then sit here while I go to the counter.”

You nodded and looked around. Nickhun gazed down at you for a few seconds before walking off. He walked up to counter and handed out his card. “I’m the Nickhun that dropped in a few days ago, is everything planned out?”

The girl at the register nodded, “Yes sir, everything is ready, just press the button when you want and remember to grab the purple ball on the second throw.”

Nickhun thanked the girl and walked back to you, “Are you ready?” he asked.

“Nickhun oppa, how come the bowling pins aren’t coming down yet?” You tilted your head.

Nickhun chuckled, “Because I haven’t pressed the button yet silly. This isn’t the first time we’re here and you still can’t remember.”

You frowned. “Hurry!”

He stuck out his tongue and pressed the button, “There.”

You turned back to the lane and your mouth dropped open, all the bowling pins had a heart shaped sticker on them, each in a different colour. You blinked and turned back to Nickhun, “O-oppa…”

“What?” Nickhun looked at you innocently.  “Oh yeah the register said that today is special because all the bowling pins have been specially decorated. I guess we got the valentine lane.”

You nodded and picked up the purple ball, “Can I go first?”

Nickhun chuckled, “Well you’ve already picked up your lucky ball haven’t you?”

---

At the same time, Kikwang and the rest of Beast (with the exception of Dongwoo of course) were lazing around at Beast’s crib. Hyunseung, Kikwang and Yoseob were watching television, while Doojoon and Junhyung were playing cards.

“Do you have a 4?” Doojoon asked.

Junhyung looked through his cards and shook his head, “Goldfish.”

“Aish,” Doojoon sighed, “I only had one card left damn it.”

Junhyung snickered, “Do you have a 3?”

Doojoon pouted, “Here.”

As Junhyung took it, Yoseob waved his hand in the air, “Yah yah you two. SHUT UP! I’m watching a drama here!”

Doojoon and Junhyung rolled their eyes, they looked at each other and deviously smiled.

“OH JUNHYUNG DO YOU HAVE A 4?” Doojoon asked loudly.

“NO, I DO NOT!” Junhyung beamed.

Yoseob shot the two of them an annoyed look.

*Ding dong ding dong*

“I’ll get it,” he mumbled and stood up.

As he opened the door, he blinked at the person on the other side, “Oh hi Soo Mi!”

She ignored his greeting and stomped straight inside.

Hyunseung heard Yoseob and immediately ran over to her, “Soo Mi baby! I’ve missed-”

Soo Mi walked pass him without a single word and stood right in front of Kikwang. Kikwang stared up at her, “H-Hi?”

She stared at him blankly, “So this is what you do all day?”

He blinked at her, confused, “What?”

“So while Min Ji is out there crying by herself you’re sitting here watching stupid television?” She repeated.

Kikwang stared down at the ground, “Yeah, so?”

“Are you stupid or are you just plain ignorant?! Do you even love Min Ji anymore!?” She screamed.

“Does it even matter anymore?” He asked blankly.

Hyunseung frowned and ran up to Soo Mi, “Baby is everything alright?”

She shook her head, “Nothing’s okay!” She turned and pointed at Kikwang, “Nichkhun’s proposing to Min Ji today.”

Everyone stopped what they were doing at stared at her. Doojoon and Junhyung dropped their cards and Yoseob turned off the television.

“W-What?” Kikwang croaked, he was speechless. Was it true? Have you really moved on? Were you really getting married? The thought of you smiling at another guy was ripping his heart apart. He wanted to run there and stop you, but then his stupid ego was too big. “Oh so she’s gonna get married? Meh good for her.”

Hyunseung scowled and stared at Kikwang, *What the hell is he saying?*

Soo Mi shook her head, not believing in anything the boy has just said, “Min Ji doesn’t love him…”

Kikwang felt his heart feel a little lighter, but then it made him more angry to know that you were going to marry someone you didn’t like, most likely to get back at him, “So she turned to Nichkhun instead? What a slu-”

“No, don’t you dare say it Kikwang,” Soo Mi cut him off, “She still loves you, every piece of her still does. As a matter of fact, she loves you so much that she wants to keep your baby. She doesn’t know that Nichkhun’s going to propose today. Kikwang how can you be so cruel? She’s crying every night, yet she wants to keep the baby healthy for you. If Nichkhun, who knows that she doesn’t love him, is still able to sacrifice everything for her, then why can’t you? She chose you over Nichkhun, she chose you over her own parents, but how can you just turn her down like that? She did so much for you! Do you know how much she went through just to get your grandma’s necklace back? She spent countless days waiting outside your house for your mother and spent a whole heap of days begging your mother. She put in so much effort because she loves you. But now, judging from the things you just said, I don’t even know if you’re worth it anymore. It’s a fact that Nichkhun will be a better husband and father, he’d give her the life she deserves.”

Kikwang sat there, stunned. It felt like Soo Mi had used words to slap reality into him. Now he felt extremely stupid, he was a guy, yet he had let you suffer. He had once promised to never hurt his girl like his father had hurt his mother, but now he had hurt you so much. All you did was care for him, yet he had foolishly let you slip. He wanted to kill himself for being such an idiot. “She’s pregnant? He whispered.

Soo Mi couldn’t help but feel guilty. She felt guilty for betraying Nichkhun, felt guilty for making saying all those nasty things to Kikwang, and most important, she felt guilty for exposing your biggest secret to all of Beast. Hyunseung seemed to understand what she was thinking and grabbed her hand, “Soo Mi’s right, Kikwang.” She gave her boyfriend a grateful smile.

Yoseob smiled and walked back from the kitchen, “Kikwang, don’t lose it.”

“Yeah,” Doojoon agreed and stood up, “Min Ji is special.”

“Go Kikwang,” Junhyung stood up after Doojoon, “Follow your heart…”

“Ew that’s so cheesy,” Doojoon made a face.

“Shut up you just ruined the moment,” Junhyung backfired.

“Guys, shut it,” Yoseob snapped.

Kikwang looked at each and every one of his friends. They all had a point, “T-Thanks guys…”

“Yah Lee Kikwang,” Soo Mi smiled, “Fighting!”

Kikwang gave her one last smile before running out the door.

---

You walked up to the lane and threw the ball lifelessly. 5 pins went down and Nickhun clapped. “Wow! You’re getting better!”

You pouted and slapped his arm, “Oppa! Last time I got all down in one shot!”

Nickhun faked a surprised face, “Chincha? Aigoo my little Min Ji is too good at this.”

 You stuck your tongue out at him but inside you were breaking. *Kikwang used to call me that too.*

Nickhun seemed to notice your discomfort. “Araso araso, I’ll knock down the rest for you. Leave it to oppa.”

You gave him another soft smile. “Gomawo…”

He stopped smiling and looked at you. “For what?”

“For trying your best to cheer me up.”

Nickhun gave you a bright smile. “It’s my job to make this madam happy. Can you please pass me the purple ball?”

You nodded and grabbed the purple ball. Something pink caught your eyes and you turned it around.  

Will you marry me?

You looked up to see Nickhun kneeling down on one knee. “O-oppa…” You croaked.

Nickhun looked into your eyes with a warm smile, “I know you still have feelings for Kikwang, but I’m willing to be here to support you, I want to help you forget about him.”

Tears and more tears rolled down your cheek, “I can’t… It’s not right…”

“Min Ji-ah,” Nichkhun said softly, “I’m willing to give my everything for you. I want to protect and care for you forever. Please give me a chance?”

You softened, you didn’t know what you did to deserve such a guy, “But oppa… It’s not just me…”

“I know,” Nichkhun smiled, “There’s a baby too. I promise I’ll be a good father! Even though we’re still young I’ll still try my best.”

You sniffled and pulled him up, “Oppa…”

He grabbed your face and made you face him, “Choi Min Ji, I know you’re breaking inside. Taking care of a baby isn’t an easy thing to do by yourself, especially at this age. Even worse, you don’t even know what to say to your parents. I want to help you, even if your heart belongs to Kikwang I still want to be there for you, and for the baby. Let’s get married, but I won’t force you into loving me, I’ll give you time. I know you need the support, please let me help…”

You stared at him, eyes full of tears. You didn’t know how to respond, it wasn’t as simple as 1,2,3 or a,b,c. Yes meant taking full responsibility as Nichkhun’s wife and no meant being a single mum. You didn’t want to be a burden to Nichkhun but didn’t want your baby to be bought into this world without the love of a father either.

Nichkhun noticed your quietness and smiled, “So, will you be my wife?”

You swallowed all your tears and followed your conscience. You gave him a faint nod.

Nickhun smiled in relief. He stared deep into your eyes and started leaning in.  

Just as yous were about to touch, another teardrop rolled down your cheek.