Chapter 69

Memories of A Diary

A/N: Double update for my pumpkins! hehe chapter 69... ehehhe :3

---

A few days later, your worst nightmare came.

“So… What are you doing?” You asked Soo Mi as the two of you were on the phone chatting.

She grumbled and rolled onto her stomach, “Trying to get rid of my cramp, owwies.”

You chuckled at her pain, “Time of the month?”

She nodded, “Ahuh, you should be getting it too.”

That made you froze, she was right. You and Soo Mi had the same date, but strangely you had missed this month, again. Last month, you had thought it was because of the stress from the sudden break up that had caused you to miss a cycle, but now you were feeling much better yet it still hasn’t come. “I… don’t have it yet…”

“Really?” She pouted, “Lucky you.”

What she didn’t know was that you were in your room checking all your calendars and period diaries, “Is it possible to miss two cycles in a row?”

“Ummm…” She tapped her chin, “If you’re REALLY stressed.”

“Do you think I’m stressed?” You asked her, getting nervous.

You could hear her chuckle on the other line, “No, you’re doing much better.”

“Are there any other reasons why someone can miss their cycles?”

Soo Mi tilted her head, “Not that I know of… All I know is that preggo ladies don’t get their period for a whole 10 months, aren’t they lucky?!”

Your eyes widened, “P-Pregnant?”

“Don’t worry,” Soo Mi grinned, “I don’t think you’re pregnant. You and Kikwang haven’t gone that far… right?”

“Um…” You bit your lip and stared at your stomach, “Of course not…”

She laughed, “Thought so, it’s not that easy to get pregnant anyways, you’re probably just late.”

You coughed, “Soo Mi… I think I gotta go….”

“Go where?” She asked and sat up, “It’s 10pm.”

“My mum’s calling me…” You lied.

Soo Mi pouted, “Aww that party pooper, alrights then, talk to you tomorrow?”

“Mhmm yeah,” you nodded.

After you hung up you stared at the wall, deciding on whether to check or not, *Maybe I’m just hallucinating… It can’t be that fast…*

After 20 minutes of hesitation, you decided to go with the saying ‘better safe than sorry’ and grabbed your jacket. Walking out of your room, you sneaked pass your parents, who were watching Full House 2 in the living room and ran out the door. Though it was summer, the night air was still chilly, and you zipped up your jacket.

*Exercising makes your period come faster… Exercising makes your period come faster….* You chanted to yourself and started running.

By the time you got to the nearby convenience store, you were already out of breath. Crossing your fingers, you walked into the women’s aisle, staring at all the different types of pregnancy tests, you got confused, *Why are there so many!?*

Without thinking, you grabbed the most expensive one, thinking that better quality means more accuracy. The lady at the counter stared at the pregnancy test and gave you a dirty look, “Is this all?”

You bit your lip, embarrassed, “Y-Yes…” It was obvious she was thinking wrong about you.

“5,000 won,” she said as she put everything into the bag.

After you paid and walked out, she shook her head while clucking her tongue, *Young children these days…*

When you got back home, you sneaked into your room and immediately ran into the bathroom with the bag. After reading the instructions, you tested it and waited for the results to come out. When it was ready, you covered the result with your hands and sat down on the toilet seat. There was a mixed feeling of anxiety, nervous, excited and worry inside of you, after praying, you released the stick and stared at the results.

2 lines.

2 lines… You stared at the two red lines with round eyes. 2 lines… 2 simple lines. You felt like God was deliberately playing with you. 2 lines… Why two? Why couldn’t it be one? Why did it have to be two? With shaking hands, you shook the stick, as if one line would magically fall off. When it didn’t you realised what had happened and covered your mouth, it was for sure 2 lines meant positive. The pregnancy test fell out of your hands and landed on the ground as you curled yourself into a ball. This was too hard to take in, you didn’t know why it was you, you didn’t know how it ended up to be you, you wanted to know why it was you. A tear slipped down your cheek as you started to accept reality,

You were pregnant. With Kikwang’s baby. After you guys have broken up.