Chapter 51

Memories of A Diary

Ever since that day, you and Kikwang became inseparable, he would stalk you wherever you go and act like a baby when there’s no one else around, you sometimes got annoyed but then all his cuteness would make your heart wobble. Weeks passed in a blur and it was summer, but for some odd reason the sun never came out and instead it was replaced by cold showers of rain. One rainy morning you and Kikwang ran into class, it was a Friday, which meant that yous could have tomorrow all to yourself.

“Min Ji! Kikwang!” Yoseob hollered from the back of the room.

You smiled and walked over to them, leaving a pouty Kikwang walking behind you. “Hi guys!” You beamed and waved.

“Hi!”

“Wassup!”

“Anneyeong smexy…”

“Good morning.”

“How are you?”

“How ya doing baby cake?”

“Guys done it yet?”

Everyone stopped waving and looked at Junhyung, who looked back at them innocently, “What?”

Kikwang stomped over and whacked his Hyung’s head, “Dirty minded ert.”

Junhyung rubbed the back of his head and shot daggers and Kikwang, “One does not simply stomp up to his hyung and smack his head.”

Kikwang rolled his eyes and gave him another smack, “Whoops, I just did.”

Junhyung’s jaw dropped and he stood up, “Yah! You-”

Kikwang immediately stood behind you, you blinked up at Junhyung who ruffled his purple hair and groaned, “You’re lucky there’s Min Ji.”

Kikwang grinned and patted your head, “Thanks baby.”

You rolled your eyes and turned to face him, “YOU! What kind of person uses their girlfriend as a shield and then pats her like a dog?”

He grinned, “Lee Kikwang?”

Soo Mi and Hyunseung shook their heads, *Typical.* They thought at the same time.

“Why do I even bother with you?” You groaned and covered your face.

Kikwang laughed and pulled your hands away, “I don’t know Min Ji, why do you?”

You stared at him blankly, once a bickering, always a bickering couple. “Why? Out of everyone, why me?”

“I don’t know Min Ji, why you?” Kikwang sent you an air-taking smile.

You tried your best not to fall for that stupid smile, “I hate you.” You muttered.

“Love you to Pluto and back baby,” Kikwang saluted.

“Hate you to China and back.”

“Baby baby baby,” Kikwang shook his head, chuckling. “My love is stronger than your hate, I went beyond the galaxy for you, China is nothing compared to that.”

You rolled your eyes with a smile, “Idiot.”

He grinned, “Says the person who loves this idiot.”

Dongwoon watched the two of you and leaned towards Doojoon, “Hyung, do you think they’ll ever stop bickering?”

Doojoon laughed and ruffled the maknae’s head, “I don’t know buddy, the day they stop arguing will be the day it rains paddlepops.”

“Who said I loved you?” You blinked.

“Lee Min Ji,” Kikwang beamed.

“Lee?” You furrowed your eyebrows, “Yah!”

“Yes Mrs. Lee?”

You sighed, “Its Choi, C-H-O-I!”

“You’re a future Lee.”

Soo Mi’s lip curved into a smile, “Already thinking about marriage, what a loyal boyfriend.”

“Hey, what about me?” Hyunseung pouted.

She chuckled and tapped his nose, “You’re a perfect boyfriend.”

He smiled and pecked her lip. Yoseob and Junhyung cringed in disgust, “Eww! You 4 love birds, go sit somewhere else!”

You, Soo Mi, Hyunseung and Kikwang blinked at them, “Just because yous are still single.” You chorused and started laughing.

Yoseob scowled and looked over to Yuri, who was busy glaring and Kikwang’s arm around your shoulder. Junhyung rolled his eyes and tapped his finger on the table, “Who says I’m single?”

That caught everyone’s attention, including the leader and maknae, who was playing chopsticks. “WHAT?!”

“You heard me,” Junhyung smirked.

“Oh my,” Yoseob dramatically gasped, “Don’t tell me! You’re dating Hye Su? Man I thought you had better taste, damn.”

“Not her.”

This time it was Dongwoon to let out a girly squeak, completely contrasting his usual deep voice, “Hyung! Don’t tell me… You’re dating that noona I saw from last time?! She’s triple your age!”

Junhyung stared at him, “Yo maknae, what kind of person do you think I am?”

“A freak?” The younger asked, cluelessly.

Junhyung raised his hand, “This punk-” Dongwoon whimpered and hid behind Doojoon.

“Go Hara,” Doojoon stated calmly. “He’s dating Go Hara.”

“Go Hara… YOU MEAN THE QUEENKA FROM YMA HIGH?!” Yoseob screamed.

Junhyung sat back down, “Yup.”

“Man… She’s out of your league man…” The shorter one shook his head with a wistful sigh.

Junhyung shrugged, “Says you.”

You and Kikwang blinked at each other, “Is he being serious?” You whispered.

Kikwang nodded, “Seems like it.”

“Woah… the player Junhyung decides to settle down…” You nodded slowly.

“Hey, I’m not a player!” Junhyung frowned, overhearing your conversation.

“Sureeeeeeeeeeeeee,” Soo Mi teased.

Junhyung folded his arm and sulked, “I don’t know why I’m friends with you guys.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

After class ended, you and Soo Mi put away your books and headed to the cafeteria, after getting your lunch the two of you were about to walk to an empty table when suddenly Hyunseung and Kikwang stood in front of yous. You and Soo Mi looked at each other, “What are you guys doing?” She asked the two boys.

“Kidnapping,” Hyunseung grinned and pulled her away.

“Wait- Woah! Min Ji!” She wailed as he dragged her away.

“Soo Mi-ah!” You were about to follow her when Kikwang held you back. “Yah, what are you trying to do?!”

Kikwang smiled innocently, “Let’s go.” He grabbed your tray of food and walked out of the cafeteria, you sighed and followed him.

As expected, Kikwang had taken you to the quiet area behind the gym. Ever since that day, this had been your secret hideout. Kikwang grinned and sat down, “Sit down.” He patted the ground next to him.

You chuckled and sat down, “Could’ve just told me you wanted to come here.”

He pouted, “I was scared.”

You rolled your yes and poked his cheek, “Why would you be scared?”

“What if you declined my invitation?” He sulked, turning into a baby.

“Have I ever declined?” You asked.

“Nope!” He beamed. “Let’s eat!”

“Where’s your food?” You asked.

“Here!” He grinned innocently and pointed at your sandwich.

You raised an eyebrow, “No… That’s my sandwich.”

“What are you saying? It’s our sandwich!”

You sighed and unwrapped the tuna sandwich, “Why do I have to stand your baby-ness?”

“Because other people are not special enough!” He chirped.

“Here,” you held the sandwich to his mouth.

He grinned and took a big chomp. You smiled and took a bite. After the two of you finished the sandwich Kikwang yawned and laid down, putting his head on your thigh. You smiled and brushed his hair with your fingers, Kikwang’s heart started pumping faster at your touch, sure you guys had been together for a while now but everything still seemed like yesterday to him. He snuggled deeper into your leg and closed his eyes. You gazed at him for a while before closing your eyes too. Everything was quiet, even the loud chatting of students couldn’t be heard from here. This was the reason why you loved this place, and you assumed it was Kikwang’s reason too.  

After some quietness, something suddenly popped into your head, “Kikwang oppa…?”

“Hmm?” He hummed in response, without opening his eyes.

“About that necklace…”

“What about it?”

 “Do you still want to get it back?”

Kikwang opened his eyes and looked at you, “Of course…”

You nodded, “I don’t think you should keep risking it.”

“It’s really special to me…” He whispered.

Your fingers traced down from his cheek to his jaw line, “But you have to be careful.”

“Mhmm…” Kikwang sent you an assuring smile before closing his eyes once more. You gazed at his peaceful face, *Leave it to me, oppa.*