Chapter 52

Memories of A Diary

A/N: Double update for my bubbas <3

----------

Weeks passed and Kikwang’s birthday came. Even though he was holding a small party at Beast’s crib, he still managed squeeze in some hours to celebrate his birthday with you alone before the party. That Sunday morning, you got dressed and skipped out the door, halfway down the street you suddenly remembered something and smacked yourself, “Aish, how can you forget his present?!”

You groaned and ran back to your house, after getting the red box on the table you smiled and ran back out. After two bus rides, you finally got to the designated place, your eyes roamed around the park, looking for a certain someone. Your eyes landed on a familiar figure sitting on the other side of big water fountain and smiled, slowly you made your way up to him. “Boo!” You yelled.

Kikwang yelped and turned around, “Yah!”

“Happy birthday oppa!” You beamed and handed him the red box.

As he took if you blew onto your hands and rubbed them together to warm them up, *Psh, what kind of summer is this?*

As Kikwang placed the red box on his lap, he tried guessing what you got him, *A sweater? Nah. Maybe a new phone? But the box is too big… Aish this girl is too unpredictable.* Slowly he opened up the lid, but it almost slipped out of his hands when he saw what was inside. People who saw it would adore it, but to Kikwang, it was like a nightmare. “Err... Thanks.” He forced a smile.

You smiled back, “Do you like it? I made it myself!”

Kikwang held up the beautiful black and grey scarf. He didn’t want to let you down, despite his fear of scarves. “Y-Yeah… It’s really nice…”

“Try it on!” You urged.

Kikwang suddenly felt like he was being choked, his hands started shaking as he stared at the scarf in his hand, “Umm…”

You looked at his reaction and sighed, slowly you sat down next to him and took the scarf. “Oppa, I got you this for a reason...”

“You know?” He choked.

You nodded with a soft smile, “You can’t be scared of this defenceless thing forever.” Kikwang looked away, avoiding your gaze. You sighed and took his hand, “I know what your father did to you with this was horrible, but you’ve got to learn to forget and move on, this won’t hurt you, and you can’t let it.” Kikwang still didn’t reply, you squeezed his hand, “Want me to help you wear this on?”

Kikwang took  a deep breath and looked at you, your sincere eyes couldn’t make him say no, “Y-Yeah… okay.” He nodded.

You smiled and opened up the long scarf, Kikwang automatically remembered his father doing the same thing, “Stop!” He shouted.

You froze with the scarf in your hands. “Oppa?”

Kikwang groaned, “Argh why am I such a wuss?”

You softened and touched his shoulder, “This isn’t being a wuss, everyone is scared of something. You’re just scared of… scarves…”

He rolled his eyes, “Scarves, totally scary.”

You frowned, “Don’t be like that…”

Kikwang sighed dejectedly, “I’m sorry…”

You smiled, “Don’t worry, trust me.” He watched as you slowly placed the scarf on his neck, just as you were about to wrap it around, he looked at him, “Are you ready?”

He nodded, “Mhmm.” Carefully you grabbed the two ends and slowly wrapped it around his neck, other people would think you are crazy for taking so long to wrap a scarf around someone’s neck but you could care less about them, all you knew was that one wrong move and Kikwang could hate scarves forever.

After adjusting the scarf you patted it with a smile, “There, I knew it’d suit you.” Hearing no response you looked up to see Kikwang’s eyes tightly shut, he was shaking and you knew he was very uncomfortable. “O-Oppa?” You squeaked, “Do you want me to take it off? Is it too tight? I’m so sorry!”

Your hands automatically reached for the scarf but Kikwang grabbed your wrists, “Don’t.” His breathing had calmed down and you sighed in relief. Kikwang slowly opened his eyes and looked down at the once used to be dangerous thing around his neck, his instinct had the urge to pull it away but for your sake he fought it.

“That wasn’t so bad… Was it?” You grinned.

Kikwang uncomfortable pulled the scarf a little over the left, “Y-Yeah…”

 You smiled, “You’ll get used to them soon, don’t worry! I can knit as many scarves as you want!”

Kikwang stopped fiddling and looked at you, befuddled, “W-What?”

You chuckled, “Just joking.”

Kikwang sighed in relief, “So… Why didn’t you just give me the present at my party later?”

At those words your smile disappeared and you bit your lip, “About that…”

“Hmm?”

“Oppa, I won’t be able to make it to your party tonight.”

Kikwang tried hard to not hide the disappointment, “Why not?”

“Something suddenly came up, I’m really sorry…” You pouted. You knew he wasn’t happy.

“Is it more important than my birthday?” He whispered.

You suddenly felt even worse, “Y-Yes…” You muttered.

Kikwang shut his eyes and let out a deep sigh, “Oh… Okay then.”

You bit your lip, “When does your party start?”

“2:30,” he replied.

You glanced at your watch, it was already 12:00, “Since you have about 2 hours left, I’ll make it up to you, where do you want to go?”

“Picnic,” Kikwang smiled.

You blinked at him, “But we didn’t bring any foo-” You were cut off when Kikwang pulled out a basket from the other side. You stared at his sly face, “So this is why you chose this area…”

Kikwang grinned, “Let’s eat over there.” He pointed to grassy area about 20 steps away.

“Okay then, let’s go!” You were about to walk away when he grabbed you back.

“You know… There’s a fountain here…”

You nodded, “We’ve been sitting on it the whole time, I know.”

Kikwang scratched the back of his neck awkwardly, “I’ve heard that if you toss a coin in there, you can make a wish.”

You blinked and him for a few times before smiling, “You had this all planned out didn’t you?”

He pulled out two silver coins from his pocket and held them up, “You can say so.”

Laughing you grabbed one, the two of you faced the fountain, “On the count of three?” Kikwang asked and you nodded, “1, 2, 3!”

Both of you threw the coins in, and closed your eyes. Kikwang opened one eye and took a peek at you, your palms were held together and your eyes were tightly shut. Smiling he closed his eyes.

You joined your hands together and bought them to your lips, *I wish Kikwang would be happy forever.*

Kikwang held his hands together tightly, *I wish… for her to always be by my side.*