Chapter 26

Memories of A Diary

As you walked back into the canteen you remembered the letter that Yuri told you to give to Soo Mi and pulled it out of your pocket. You peered at the folded piece of paper and bit your lip, *Why would Yuri give a letter to Soo Mi?* Right at that moment Soo Mi walked up to you, her face was no longer as cheerful as this morning and you could tell that something or someone was bugging.

“Oh Soo Mi-ah, are you okay?” You asked as you grabbed onto her shoulders.

She forced a smile and gently pushed your hands off, “I’m fine, want to get someone to eat now? The line seems empty.”

You squinted at her and shook your head, “You’re lying! I know something’s wrong.”

Soo Mi laughed and pulled you to the canteen line, “Stop palavering! I’m just hungry.” She grinned and turned away from you.

You crossed your arm and shook your head. *Liar. Oh right the letter!* “Hey Soo Mi-ah!”

“Hmm?” She made duck lips and turned around to face you.

“Yuri told me to give this to you…” You slowly muttered and gave her the red piece of paper.

Soo Mi’s face darkened and she warily took the paper off you, without taking a glance she shoved it into her blazer pocket. You blinked at her sudden action and poked her shoulder. “Yah, Soo Mi-ah. You’ve been really weird, what’s happening?”

Soo Mi laughed and winked at you, “I swear there’s nothing wrong… Just stressing over the homework yaknow…”

You raised an eyebrow, “What homework? I don’t remember us getting any homework this week.”

Soo Mi stopped laughing and gulped, “Err… I mean the assignment! Come on man, I’ve got Hyunseung as my partner, that’s just like doing it on your own!” She pouted and stomped her foot.

You slowly nodded, “Ahuh…”

Soo Mi beamed at you and turned back to choose her lunch. After your trays were full the 2 of you sat down at a spare table.

“Aigoo I’m so hungry!” Soo Mi chuckled and patted her empty stomach.

“For your information you ate 2 packets of ramen, 3 eggs and 4 pieces of toast this morning when you came to my house.” You said and stuck your tongue out at her.

She shrugged and then started digging into her food. You laughed and started eating your kim bap. After a while Soo Mi couldn’t stand it anymore and stood up. “I’m going to the toilet for a second.”

You nodded and she walked off, as she walked into the toilets she overheard Yuri and her friends talking.

“I wonder if that Soo Mi got the letter yet.” Said a poshy voice.

Soo Mi froze, *Me?* She pulled the red letter out of her pocket and bit her lip.

“Don’t worry Min Ah, I’m sure that Min Ji girl would’ve given it to her, especially if Yuri unnie gave it to her herself.” Came another voice.

“But what if she still clings onto my Hyunseung oppa?” A girl with a squeaky said.

Soo Mi peaked into the toilets and found Yuri and her friends fixing their make up in the mirror. Yuri rubbed off the smudge near the end of her bright red lip stick and stood up, “Don’t worry. I bet it’s not only us thats sending her hate letters. Let’s go now.”

Soo Mi gasped and hid herself behind the lockers, Yuri and her friends walked pass her, laughing and rolling up their short skirts. After making sure that they weren’t in sight, Soo Mi quietly and walked into the toilets and looked at herself in the mirror. She quickly rubbed away the tears that were forming in her eyes and opened up the red piece of paper.

‘Lee Soo Mi. We are warning you now. Stay away from Hyunseung oppa. Do you really think you can attract him with that face of yours? Stop clinging onto him like a little and learn your position. Don’t try to be popular by flirting with our oppa. You have no right to even talk to him!’

Tears started rolling down Soo Mi’s cheeks as she folded the paper and shoved it back into her pockets. *This one is even worse than the ones I found in my locker before… Do they really think of me that way already? I’m not even going out with him.* She sniffled and walked out of the toilet. Tears blurred her eyes as she walked down the hallway. Her shoulders were brushing against the lockers and she couldn’t bring herself together to look up. A figure bumped into her and she rubbed her eyes. “Omo, mianhe! I wasn’t looking and I was busy and I wasn’t paying attention im so sor-“

“Soo Mi-sshi?” Nickhun said as he lowered his head to take a closer look at her face. “Are you alright?”

Soo Mi took a deep breath and looked up at Nickhun, “Oh Nickhun-sshi… haha I’m fine! Just got a little bit of dirt in my eyes… Sorry for bumping into you by the way!”

Nickhun shook his head and smiled, “Anniyo, I bumped into you, I was too busy looking at my phone that I forgot to look at where I was going. And you know, you’re a very bad liar.”

“How?” Soo Mi asked as she tried to hold in a sniffle.

“Because you are inside a building and get’s cleaned every 3 days, how can you possibly get dirt in your eyes when you just walked out of the toilets?”

Soo Mi stopped looking at him and her eyes dropped to the floor. “Err… It’s nothing really. I just got a  call from my friends in America. I better get going now! Talk to you another time!” She bowed and ran out the door. She kept running until someone grabbed onto her arm. She looked up and opened when she saw Hyunseung smiling at her.

“Oh Soo Mi-ah! I’ve been looking for you!” Hyunseung grinned at her. “Want to work on the project at your house tomorrow?”

Soo Mi didn’t dare look at his face. “Er… you can just leave it to me and I’ll finish it at home. I’m sorry for forcing you to do it in the first place. I’ll take care of it from now on.”

Hyunseung stopped smiling and looked at her. “But I want to do it.”

“Don’t worry about it! I’ll finish it off. You’re a kingka, you shouldn’t need to do anything.”

“Soo Mi… why are you bringing that up all of a sudden? I don’t care if I’m a kingka or not. I’m a normal student therefore I am expected to do normal assignments.”

“I don’t care! If you want then you can do it! I just don’t want to see you anymore!” Soo Mi yelled and ran off.

Hyunseung stood there looking at her. *What is wrong with this girl?*