Chapter 11

Memories of A Diary

“Min Ji-ah, can you go to the grocery nearby and get me 2 bottles of coke? We have guests over soon!” Your mum shouted as you were cleaning your messy room.

“But it’s dark…” You complained.

“It’s only 6! Now go.”

You muttered some gibberish and then walked out the door. Your mother was right, it wasn’t dark… yet. You shivered as you jogged down to the supermarket, it was cold and you were wearing shorts. You whacked your head for making such a dumb decision. When you got to the supermarket you quickly ran in towards the heater and sighed. The lady looked at you and shook her head. You blushed and walked down towards the drink section. After paying the lady you walked out, to your surprise it was already dark, you gulped and start walking. While walking through the park you bumped into a drunken man.

You stumbled back and fell, “I’m sorry…”

The man looked at your legs and then threw away his beer. “What is a girl like you doing here at this time?”

You crawled back and stood up. “I just went to get some stuff.”

You were about to leave when suddenly the man grabbed your waist and pulled you towards him, you tried to pull back but then yelped as he grabbed you harder.

“What are you doing? You dirty old rag!” You cried as he was pulling your hair.

He roughly your cheek and laughed, “Oppa feels sad today, I want you to entertain me.”

Meanwhile at the same time Kikwang was walking around the other side of the park, he heard screaming and looked over, he saw you yelling and started running over, but just as soon as he got there another guy was already ahead of him.  

The old man was about to kiss you when suddenly a figure punched the man’s face, before you could even look up the guy pulled you to his chest and pointed to the man lying on the floor.

“What are you trying to do you sick bastard! Look at how old you are, how can you call yourself an oppa with a girl not even half your age? Get lost, now!”

The man stood up and walked off. You were still shocked and couldn’t move, the guy your hair, “Min Ji-ah, are you okay?” he softly asked. You recognised the voice at once and started crying.

“Hey hey,” Nickhun said as he held you closer, “It’s all over, you are alright now.”

 You wrapped your arms around him and sobbed into his chest, “I-I thought I was going to die…”

Nickhun chuckled and wiped your tears away, “Aigoo, I never knew Min Ji was such a little baby!”

You choked a laugh and playfully hit him, he laughed, “Oww how can you hit your saviour like that?”

You wiped away the rest of your tears and stuck your tongue at him.

He shook his head, “Come, I’ll walk you home.”

The 2 of you started walking home happily; you were so glad that you met a guy like Nickhun and Nickhun was happy to see you safe. But what you didn’t know was that from behind the trees, Kikwang was standing there watching you 2 walk away, with an aching heart.