Chapter 42

Memories of A Diary

The week passed by quickly and you had to admit, not talking to Kikwang for the whole week sure felt empty. On the day of Hyunseung’s party, you got ready and straightened your hair, when the doorbell rang you quickly fixed your floral skirt and with one last look at the mirror, skipped downstairs. Soo Mi was standing at your front door wearing a wonderful pastel purple knitted jumper and white skirt, “Hi!” She beamed as you opened the door.

You stared at her adorable outfit and chuckled, “Seems like we almost chose the same outfit today.”

She stared at your white cardigan and skirt and smiled, “Twins?”

“Twins.” You grinned.

She laughed, “Are you ready?”

“Yeah let me get me shoes and bag and I’ll be right there.”

Soo Mi nodded and you quickly ran to get your purple flats. After reaching for your bag you did a quick check of all the things needed and nodded in satisfaction, “I’m done, let’s go!”

“Kaja kaja, taxi has been waiting for us.” Soo Mi grinned and tugged your hand.

“Bye mum! Bye dad!” You hollered and closed the door.

As the two of you got onto the taxi Soo Mi turned to you with a devious smile, “What did you get him?”

You laughed and held up the small bag, “Cologne! You?”

She held up a bigger bag and blushed, “I got him a Calvin Klein shirt…”

You poked her rib, “OOOO, how did you know his size?”

Soo Mi bit her lip, “Guess? It’s free size…”

You gave her a shifty look, “I’m watching you two, remember to your name your babies after me.”

“Yah!” She blushed even more and smacked your arm, “We’re not even official yet!”

You patted her back, “Don’t worry, he’ll ask soon.”

She pouted but nodded, you laughed and shook your head.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When the cab stopped the two of you piled out, Hyunseung’s house was almost the same size as a mansion. Soo Mi rang the bell and a maid opened the door, she greeted you guys with a friendly smile and lead you to the backyard, most people were already there and you and Soo Mi glanced at each other when you realised what they were wearing.

People were all over the place, his backyard on his own was almost the same size as your whole house. You saw some people making out and cringed, most people were holding cups of wine and were talking as if there was no tomorrow. In the middle of the yard there was a long white table filled with cups of drinks and desserts. Almost all the girls were dolled up in mini dresses and high stilettos. You looked down at your outfit and gulped, Soo Mi did the same thing. “Is it just me or are we like outcasts?” She whispered.

 You nodded, “But at least we don’t look like… es?”

“Oh you’re here!” Hyunseung smiled and came over. He was wearing a white button up shirt with black pants, even with the simple outfit he still managed to stand out from the crowd.

Soo Mi waved, “Happy birthday.”

“Oppa.” He corrected.

She rolled her eyes and shoved him his present. You laughed and handed to the small bag to him, “Happy birthday oppa.”

He smiled and patted your head, “Thank you Min Ji, at least you have manners.” He eyed Soo Mi, who pretended to pay no attention to his words.

“Well then,” He smiled. “I’ll go greet some more people, you guys have fun okay? The desserts are over there and Beast are somewhere around here. I’ll catch you guys later.”

The two of you watched as Hyunseung greeted his other girl friends, Soo Mi felt annoyed when she noticed one of the girls pulled down her dress so that her cleavage was facing Hyunseung. “Grr those s.” She muttered.

“What did you say?” You blinked at her.

“Oh nothing,” She smiled. “Let’s go over to the food table, I’m hungry.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile Kikwang was standing with Beast, Yoseob was chattering about something but all Kikwang could do was roam his eyes around with the hope of finding you.

“Yah, Kikwang, did you hear me?” Yoseob waved his hands in front of Kikwang’s face.

“Hmm? What did you say?” Kikwang scratched his head.

Yoseob frowned, “Aish never mind then. Guys wanna go somewhere after the party?”

“Karaoke?” Dongwoon grinned.

Once again Kikwang went into his own world trying to look for you. When he spotted you at the table a smile formed on his lips, *Even the way she dresses stands out, that girl.*

“Kikwang what’s up with you today?” Junhyung smirked, “Checking girls out?”

Kikwang rolled his eyes, “Totally…”

“He’s not checking girls out,” Hyunseung appeared with a devious smile. “He’s checking her out.”

“I swear to god, why don’t you just ask her out?” Doojoon rolled his eyes.

“He’s scared of rejection,” Yoseob snickered.

“Shut up, who said I liked her?” Kikwang muttered.

“You can’t fool anyone, Kikwangie.” Junhyung cooed.

“Hmm, I’ll talk to Soo Mi about it,” Hyunseung slyly smiled and patted Kikwang’s shoulder. “Don’t say this friend is cold hearted alright?”

Kikwang rolled his eyes, “You’re just using me as an excuse to go to Soo Mi, jerk.”

Hyunseung stuck out his tongue and headed towards you and Soo Mi, Yoseob and Dongwoon whispered at each other before disappearing with evil snickers. “OOOH, Yuri alert!” Junhyung faked a gasp. “Good luck!” He pulled Doojoon away into a big group of people.

Kikwang blinked at his friends and turned around, Yuri was walking towards him holding a glass of wine. “Oppa!” She grinned and put her hand through his arms.

He gave her an annoyed look and pulled away, “What do you want?”

She pouted, “Oh come on oppa, don’t be like that.”

Kikwang gave her a blank stare, “Just because I haven’t said anything about that stupid rumour you made up doesn’t mean that you can keep going.” He snarled.

Yuri gave him a soft smile, “Oppa-ah, I’m just doing this for the sake of you, it’s about time we get settled.” She swung his arm and placed her neck against his shoulder. “You don’t have to be shy.”

Kikwang suddenly had the urge to puke, “It’s girls like you who give the female population a bad name, throwing yourself at someone is the worst thing a could do. Leave now or I’ll tell everyone here that you made up all those rumours.” 

Yuri gave him a surprised look, “But oppa…”

“We’ve hardly ever spoke, get rid of that attitude and learn your place. Don’t go around demanding people to back off of things you don’t even control yourself.” He smirked.

Yuri was embarrassed, “This isn’t over, oppa.” With a ‘hmph’ she lifted up her chin and strutted off.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hey, don’t you think this food is nice?” Soo Mi asked as she pushed another piece of cake into .

“Vedy nicee.” You muttered through your mouthful of food, making her laugh.

Suddenly a hand wrapped around Soo Mi’s waist, she turned around and blinked, “Oppa?”

Hyunseung chuckled and wiped the crumbs off her lips, making her blush like a baboon. “Messy eater.”

She shrugged and popped another piece of cake into , “It’s nice.”

You chuckled and Hyunseung sighed, “Come on, I’ve got something I want you to see!” He pulled her hand.

She blinked at you, “But Min Ji-”

Before you could respond, Hyunseung sent you a pleading look, with a small smile you waved your hand, “Don’t worry about me, go!”

“Alrights, I’ll be right back!” Soo Mi promised and walked off with Hyunseung.

You stared at the two of them walking away and heaved a slow sigh, *Cute couple, why can’t I be like that?*

Unexpected your eyes landed on Kikwang, he looked amazingly hot in his black v-neck and denim jeans. A smile came onto your lips but it disappeared when you saw Yuri approach him and wrapped her hand around his arm. *Grr…* You frowned.

When Yuri placed her head on Kikwang’s shoulder you turned away with an annoyed feeling, *What do they think this is? A public hotel?*

Suddenly the thoughts of what Kikwang and Yuri could be doing if they were really at the hotel came across your mind and your throat went dry. You reached for the closest glass of water and gulped it down in one shot. *Stupid Kikwang, two-faced lying stinky jerk.*

The bitter taste snapped at your tongue and you realised what you had just done, “Did I just…?”

The thoughts disappeared from your mind as you suddenly had the urge to drink more, gulping down another glass you clutched onto your spinning head. “Ooh it’s so hot, I think I need fresh air.” Swaying your head you walked away from the crowd.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kikwang looked around at all the guest invited; there were seniors, juniors and sophomores as well. *That Hyunseung kid sure has a big connection.*

He glanced at all the couples who were making out as if they were at home and rolled his eyes, *But he needs to make sure he knows half the people who are here.*

He heard giggles and turned back, a bunch of girls were staring and pointing at him as if he was a piece of meat. One girl even had the urge to approach him, “Hey oppa.” She bit her lip, but failed at being y.

Kikwang blinked at her a few times and then walked off, leaving her dumbfounded. *Wonder what that girl is doing.* He searched through the crowd for any signs of you. Seeing nothing he sighed and decided to head somewhere quiet.

As he was walking towards the gate he spotted a familiar figure, “Is that…?”

Slowly he approached you. “Aye.”

*What a strange voice.* You turned around and blinked at him, “Oh Lee Kikwang!” You yelled with your eyes half closed and stumbled towards him.

Kikwang caught you before you could fall, “Are you okay?” He asked as he examined your red face.

You blinked at him for a few seconds before pushing him away. “You!” You pointed at his face.

“Me?” He blinked at you.

“You are a bad boy!” You croaked and then hiccupped.

“Oh so I’m a bad boy?” He tilted his head, amused. *Is she drunk?*

You hiccupped again and stormed right up to his face, “YOU ARE NAUGHTY!” You roared and he winced.

“Gosh woman, no need to shout in my ear.”

“You idiot.” You muttered with your head held low.

“Idiot?” He repeated after you.

“You fat lying jerkface!” You jabbed his chest.

Kikwang looked at you, “So first I was a bad boy and now I’m a fat lying jerkface?”

“You –hiccup- are a –hiccup- liar!” You shouted. “Me no likey you.” You shook your head.

Kikwang gave you a confused look, “What are you blubbering now? Idiot.”

“Hey!” You stomped your foot and hiccupped. “Me no idiot, you idiot!” You lunged towards him but tripped and fell into his arms, your head hit his shoulder but you didn’t move away.

Kikwang froze, “Y-Yah… I think you should go home now.”

You shook your head and buried your face deeper into his chest, “It hurts…” You mumbled.

Kikwang furrowed his eyebrows, *Hurt?* Gently, he grabbed your shoulders and pulled you back, “Where does it hurt?” He whispered.

You pounded your chest, “Here…” You pouted and then hiccupped.

He softened, “Why does it hurt there?”

“Because of you!” You shouted.

Kikwang stepped back in surprise, “Me? How?”

You rubbed your eyes and hit his chest, “You! If you didn’t like me –hiccup- then –hiccup- then why did you all those things for –hiccup- me?!”

Kikwang was confused, “What are you saying?”

“Why Yuri? Why?” You hit his chest again.

*She’s bothered with Yuri?* Kikwang smiled, “Are you jealous?”

You tilted your head, “Jealous? I don’t know…”

You fell to the ground and Kikwang went down with you, “Babo, why are you on the ground? Stand up?”

As he reached for you, you wiggled back and pushed his hands away. “Why are you flirting with Yuri!?” You screamed.

Kikwang looked at you, “What?”

“I don’t like it! I don’t want you to!” You muttered and shook your head violently.

Kikwang smirked and pulled you up, “You babo.”

“Me?” You pointed to yourself followed by a hiccup. “You’re the babo one! BABO BABO BABO! I know a lot more then you! At least I know what’s right and what's wr-”

Before you could continue your rampage, Kikwang had slammed his lips against yours. When he pulled away you blinked at him with round eyes, he looked at you and smirked, “You talk too much.”

You pointed at his lips and hiccupped, before you knew it your eyes had closed and you collapsed onto his arms. Kikwang lifted you up bridal style and headed towards the gate, the maid who was there at that time looked at you with round eyes.

“Tell Hyunseung that I’ll be going home first, Min Ji is with me.” Kikwang told her and walked away. As he walked outside he gazed at your sleeping face and softened. *Babo Min Ji, if it really disturbed you, then why didn’t you say anything?*