Chapter 55

Memories of A Diary

On a cold night, you were walking home from Soo Mi’s place, her parents had offered to give you a lift but you had politely declined them, considering the fact that your houses weren’t that. The streets weren’t empty but it wasn’t necessarily crowded. The street lights were flicking on and off as if it had some bouncy disease, you gulped and grabbed tightly onto the straps of your backpack. Walking pass the supermarket, you heard quiet footsteps, with a beating heart, you took a quick glance at the glass windows of the store and saw a guy wearing a black hoodie following you. Thinking that he was just someone who was walking home too, you shrugged it off and continued walking.

Turning into your small street, you blew a raspberry when you realised that the street light had died. Shivers ran down your as you walked into the dark street, but that wasn’t the only thing to be afraid of, someone had also turned into the same street as you. Hearing those familiar footsteps you quickened your pace, the other person also started walking faster and you started trembling, *What is this? A ?! Serial killer?!*

Your feet automatically started running and what made you run faster was the fact that he was running too, as you passed a dark wooden house, you felt someone reaching out to you.  Just as you were about to scream, your loud phone rang, causing you tell and turn around, “HELLO?!” All you could see was darkness, no sound, no shadows, no one.

Kikwang winced at the other end at your sudden outburst, “Ouch, woman it’s just me. Why are you yelling?” His eyebrows furrowed in concern, “Wait what’s wrong?”

You blinked a couple of times to make sure you weren’t seeing anything, rubbing your tired eyes, you sighed in relief, “Oh it’s nothing, just hallucinating.”

Kikwang chuckled, “As expected from babo Min Ji.”

You frowned and continued walking, “Hey, what’s that supposed to mean?”

“You know what I mean,” Kikwang chimed.

“Why’d you call at this time anyways?” You scowled.

“I heard from Hyunseung that you were walking home alone, just wanted to make sure you were safe,” Kikwang responded coolly.

 You pretended to sniffle, “Woah, I never knew my beloved boyfriend was so caring…”

“Yah, I always was!” Kikwang defended himself.

“Totally…”

You and Kikwang continued bickering until you got to your house.

“Yahh! Kikwangie I’m here~” You could hear Yoseob sing as he walked into Beast’s apartment.

Kikwang groaned in annoyance, “Oh great, the midget’s here, I’ll call you later. Good night!”

You chuckled heartily, “Alrights, good night!”

After hanging up you grabbed your keys from your bag and poked it into the keyhole. Still feeling something strange, you took a quick glance around the street, once again there was nothing. *Aish maybe I really am going crazy.* You sighed and opened door. Without hesitation, you darted inside and sprinted into your room.

What you didn’t know, was that after you disappeared into your house, a figure stepped out from behind a big tree, he pulled his hoodie closer to his face and dialled someone on his phone.

“Did you find it yet?”

“Yes, I found out where she lives, what do I do next?”