Chapter 67

Memories of A Diary

The next morning you got a call, you lifelessly picked up the phone, “Hello?”

“Min Ji?” A sweet voice asked.

Your lips trembled as you heard your best friend’s voice, “Soo Mi?”

“Are you okay?” She asked with a concerned tone, “I heard about you and Kikwang…”

You stayed quiet for a few seconds, “I’m fine.”

“Are you sure? Even though we don’t see each other as often we’re still best friends, right?”

Your eyes started getting wet, this whole time you had been keeping everything inside, “Of course we’re best friends…”

You could feel her smile at the other end, “Okay then, meet me at Daisy Café in half an hour.”

Your eyes widened, “What? Soo Mi-”

“Bye bye!” She hollered and hung up.

You stared at your phone and then smiled, *Yep, that’s Soo Mi.* Feeling a tad better, you got out of bed and went to get ready.

--

Kikwang was trying his best to sleep in. He wanted time to fly as much as possible, not having you by his side was making his day seem too long.

*Every day I shock! Every night I shock!*

Kikwang grumbled and reached for his phone on the small bed table, “What?”

He could hear a deep breath on the other end, “Are you going to stay in there forever?”

The voice made Kikwang open his eyes, “Hyunseung?”

“Yeah buddy,” Hyunseung cooed, “Guess who’s at your front door?”

“Just go,” Kikwang sighed. “I like it quiet.”

“It’s just me here today, Yoseob isn’t here, open up,” Hyunseung grinned.

Kikwang knew how persistent his friend could be so had no choice but to walk out.

“Took you long enough,” Hyunseung greeted as Kikwang opened the door.

“Whatever,” Kikwang muttered and walked in, “Close the door while you’re at it.”

Hyunseung locked the door and followed Kikwang into the kitchen, “Can you make me a cup of noodles?”

“You make it yourself,” Kikwang rolled his eyes.

“I haven’t been here since ages,” he exaggerated, “You make it.”

Kikwang stayed quiet and the kettle. Hyunseung had a point, though he may be over exaggerating, he was still right. For the past weeks, none of the Beast boys had been able to come into their own hideout. Kikwang had quietly added a lock from inside, and kept it locked despite his friends calls and begs.

“So…” Hyunseung leaned on the counter as Kikwang was unwrapping Shin Cup Noodles (Beast models for the noodles XD they look adorable!), “How is she?”

---

“Min Ji!” Soo Mi waved as you entered into the small and quiet café.

You smiled and walked over, “Hey.”

“Hello there, my fair lady,” she bowed.

You chuckled and sat down, “Did you order drinks yet?”

“Yeah, for both of us. You wanted a brown macchiato yeah?”

“Woah,” you gasped, “You still remember? I’m so happy,” you faked a sniffle.

Soo Mi grinned, despite knowing your fake action, *She’s doing this to make me think she’s okay. Aigoo this girl, nothing is going to be better than talking out your feelings.*

“So… How’s Hyunseung?” You asked, a little too casually.

“We’re fine, haven’t seen him in a while though.” She shrugged, obviously not telling the truth, since she knows it’ll make you miss Kikwang, “Are you excited for university?”

You tilted your head, “I don’t know… I’m not too good with making new friends…”

Soo Mi laughed and shook her head, “At least you have Yoseob, I have no one.”

You smiled, you remembered the blonde boy and softened, *I miss the boys.*

Soo Mi studied you as you sat there in quiet, she had a feeling she knew what you were thinking but didn’t know how to word it, “So…” You looked up at her and she gave you a crooked smile, “Do you want to see him again?”

---

“I don’t know…” Kikwang sighed, “I mean… it’s been days, she hasn’t even been on Facebook.”

Hyunseung smirked, “So you still stalk her?”

Kikwang shot him a look, “No, it’s not necessarily stalking, things pop up on the news feed…”

“But you gotta check to see if she’s on Facebook or not don’t you?” Hyunseung asked deviously.

“Shut up,” Kikwang muttered and poured the water into the noodle cups, “Can you pass me two plates?”

“Lee Kikwang,” Hyunseung said as he passed his friend the plates from the cupboard, “You guys still have feelings for each other don’t you?”

---

“No,” you replied almost immediately.

Soo Mi frowned, “Why not? You miss Beast, don’t you?”

“I miss the boys, but I don’t want to see him,” you sighed, *It’s going to hurt too much.*

“You really don’t?” Soo Mi looked at your for confirmation, “Really Min Ji?”

You gathered up all your courage and nodded, “Yes, there’s nothing left between us. I don’t like him anymore, so there’s no point seeing him.”

Soo Mi stared at you intensely, “You’re lying.”

“I am not,” you rebutted.

She rolled her eyes and moved up as the drinks were being served, “But you can’t guarantee that he doesn’t have any feelings for you.”

---

“I still do have feelings for her…” Kikwang muttered, he felt embarrassed to admit it. “But she probably hates me right now.”

Hyunseung shook his head and grabbed his cup, “If you do then why break up with her in the first place?”

Kikwang followed him into the living room, they sat down on the couch and took out the lid, “It’s a long story…”

“I’ve got time,” Hyunseung smiled sincerely, “It’s pretty strange how you broke up with though, you’re like obsessed with her.”

---

“He broke up with me Soo Mi, he doesn’t love me,” you stated as you sipped your drink.

Soo Mi shook her head, “He might have a reason.”

“What reason?” You questioned, “And to say I was about to take him home to my parents.”

She sipped her mango smoothie and smiled, “Can you tell me the whole story of how it happened?”

---

Kikwang stared at his friend, “If I tell you, promise to not leak out a thing?”

Hyunseung drew a cross over his heart, “Cross my heart, hope to die if I lie.”

“You really think I’ll believe you with that action?” Kikwang raised an eyebrow.

“Hey,” Hyunseung looked hurt, “I’m a true gentleman, I keep my words.”

Kikwang rolled his eyes at his immatureness, “Well… I was waiting at the park for Min Ji when suddenly Yuri showed up…”

---

“…. And when I got to the park, Kikwang started action very strange… It was like it didn’t like my presence,” you finished off as Soo Mi sipped the remainder of her drink.

“And so you guys broke up just like that?” she asked, confused.

You nodded, “Yeah…”

“So he just changed in like what? 20 minutes?” she asked again.

“Yes,” you croaked.

“Well,” she bit her lip, “He must have a reason… Kikwang is not an idiot to just do something like that.”

---

“YOU ARE AN IDIOT! THAT’S NOT A REASON TO BREAK UP WITH HER!” Hyunseung shouted once Kikwang was finished with the story.

“Shove it,” Kikwang grumbled.

“Aish, you are a shame to us men,” Hyunseung stood up and walked around like he was crazy. “I mean… Come on, you don’t have to do that, call the police or something! Or tell us, we could’ve helped!”

Kikwang thought for a moment, Hyunseung once again did have a point, what was he thinking to just listen to what Yuri said? “Too late now…”

“No it’s not!” Hyunseung shouted.

“Yes, Yuri’s already told everyone we’re dating, it’s even as her relationship status. There’s no way Min Ji hasn’t saw it.”

 Hyunseung stopped walking and stared at him, “How come I didn’t see anything?”

Kikwang shrugged, “I hid it from you guys and Soo Mi.”

“Did you hide it from Min Ji?”

“No…”

“You really are an idiot…”

“Thanks for telling me twice, friend,” Kikwang grumbled.

“Since I am your friend,” Hyunseung sat back down, “I’ll help you.”

“How?” He asked.

“You said yourself that Min Ji hasn’t been on Facebook in a while right? Go on and change your relationship status now.”

“I can’t! Yuri’s going to hurt Min Ji….”

“Aish,” Hyunseung shook his head, “You coward, hide it from Min Ji then, as long as she doesn’t see, you still have a chance.”

“Have a chance of what?”

“Winning her back!”

“She hates me!” Kikwang shouted, “Hyunseung I told her I only dated her because I wanted her on the bed!”

Hyunseung stared at him with round eyes, “You guys did it?”

“Yeah but that’s not important, what do I do now?”

“Tell her the truth,” Hyunseung told him.

Kikwang shook his head, “Then what am I going to do with Yuri?”

I’ll take care of her,” Hyunseung growled.

“Do you think it’ll work though? I feel like it won’t…”

“Trust me… If you really love her you have to do it.”

Kikwang nodded and stared at his friend, *I hope Hyunseung’s right. I’m very sorry Min Ji, please listen me.*

--

“I don’t care about him, I’m going,” you said and stood up, “I’ll call you later? We’ll talk about something not involved with this.”

Soo Mi stared at you, “But… Don’t you want to solve it out?”

You shook your head, *I already promised myself I’ll forget about that jerk.* “I don’t want to have anything to do with him anymore, there’s nothing to be solved.”

Soo Mi sat there, *How come she looks like she’s serious?* “Oh… Okay then, call me when you get home.”

You smiled and waved, “Bye bye!” You walked outside and let out a deep sigh, *At least I made it through Soo Mi. Kikwang is going to get out of my heart one way or another, he has to.*