Chapter 24

Memories of A Diary

The next morning you found yourself standing in front of Kikwang’s apartment, it was Sunday and you really wanted him to finish his part so you could continue on Monday. You looked at the door and took a deep breath, “Here goes nothing.”  You close your eyes and rang the bell. A few seconds later the door opened and Yoseob stuck his head out, he looked at you and then tilted his head.

“Oo, Min Ji. What are you doing here?”

You gave him a small smile and then scratched your head, “I- I needed to give Kikwang something.”

“Oh then come on in!” He grinned and opened the door completely.

You slowly walked in, all of Beast except for Kikwang were scattered around the living room, they turned their heads and looked at you. Junhyung smirked, “Oh Min Ji, are you looking for Kikwangie…? Have a seat!”

“Yeah…” You nodded as you walked towards the living; Doojoon jumped off from the couch and motioned you to take his seat. You slowly sat down and then looked around, “Is he here?”

“Kikwang went out a while ago,” Yoseob said as he walked into the room holding a glass of water. “He should be back soon though, here have a drink.”

You took the cup, “Thanks. Do you know when he’ll be home?”

Hyunseung shrugged, “I think he’ll be home in about 10 minutes.”

“Ohh then I’ll wait…” You warily nodded and your eyes continued roaming around the apartment.

Everyone was quiet until Dongwoon gave Doojoon a nudge, “Hyung.” He whispered and nodded at you.

Doojoon turned to Dongwoon and shook his head, “You ask her!”

Dongwoon pouted and made a face, “Hyung!”

Doojoon rolled his eyes, “Aish, arasso.”

Dongwoon grinned. Doojoon took a deep breath, “So… Min Ji…”

“Hmm…” You looked up from your cup.

“What happened between you and Kikwang?”

You looked away uncomfortably and started playing with the glass of water. “What do you mean?”

“We heard that you had a fight with Kikwang or something, what happened?”

“Ooh…that…” You looked around nervously.

“Yeah…that…”  Junhyung wiggled his eyebrows mischievously while motioning you to continue.

You bit your lip and started telling them the story, “Well remember last time how I came here to work on the project?”

“Ahuh… you ran out crying…” Yoseob said while nodding.

“Yeah, well I guess it was my fault for being nosy, while he was gone I got bored so I decided to look around his room. Then well I found this big book and you know… I opened it and yeah…”

“Ooh…” Hyunseung nodded, “No wonder why he got mad at you…”

“Hmmm?” You looked up at Hyunseung. “What do you mean?”

“Min Ji-ah… Was the book by any chance, black?”

You nodded and puffed your cheeks, “Mhmm.”

Hyunseung shook his head. “No wonder why…”

“Ooo hyung! Are you talking about the book that made Kikwang hit my head last time when I picked it up?” Yoseob’s eyes rounded.

Hyunseung nodded and then turned to you, “Min Ji Min Ji Min Ji, you touched his most precious diary, of course he would go crazy.”

“Diary?” You blinked.

“Yes, when he first came to us and asked if he could stay at this house it was the only thing he was holding.” Hyunseung carried on.

“Asked if he could stay here?” You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion.

“Ahuh.”

“Isn’t this his house though?”

“No… This is Beast’s crib.” Dongwoon chuckled.

You looked at them weirdly, “I don’t get it…”

“Should we tell her the whole story hyung?” Dongwoon asked.

Doojoon sighed and looked at Min Ji. “You see, we’ve known Kikwang for a while now, back then he went to a different school and lived with his parents, this place used to be where we met up with each other. Kikwang and his father was never on good terms and always went against each other. His whole life involved getting strangled by scarves, hit by belts, smacked and kicked. One day Kikwang caught his father yelling at his mother and got in the way, after some fighting Kikwang was really injured and was kicked out by his own dad so he left the house and vowed never to move back in again. Then he came here, and asked if he could stay at our crib. I still remember cleaning up his wounds and telling him he can do whatever he wanted here.”

You couldn’t believe what you just heard. *How can someone as arrogant as him go through so much things?* “Then how did he end up at our school?”

“After he left the house he dropped out of school, none of us could convince him to go back. Luckily one day his grandma came over from America and begged him to go back to school. It took a while but then Kikwang managed to get himself back together and transferred to our school. Now his grandma is the one that supports him, secretly of course.”  

You nodded, “So he left without taking clothes or anything? Only the diary?”

Yoseob nodded, “He’s been trying to go back and get something recently, but he always comes home with bruises and everything. We’ve tried asking but he never replies. I guess what hurt him the most was that his mum stood there watching him get beaten all his life.”

You softened, *So that’s why he got scary when I mentioned about his parents. And why he gave in so fast when I threatened to strangle him with scarves. And why I see scars on him at times.*

“Anyways, I think Kikwang is coming home soon, don’t tell you we told you this okay?” Junhyung asked as he stood up.

You looked at the door and bit your lip, “Actually I think I should be going now.”

Dongwoon blinked at you, “But hyung is coming home soo-“

“Can you pass this to him for me?” You asked as you pulled a folder out of your bag. “Tell him I need it back after he’s done his bit.”

Dongwoon took the folder, “Are you sure you don’t want to give this to him yourself?”

You shook your head, “It’s not important anyways, I’ll be going now. Bye!” You stood up and Yoseob opened the door for you.

“Bye Min Ji!” He grinned.

You smiled and walked out, “Bye!”

After he closed the door you sighed and walked out, *Maybe I should apologize… It wasn’t really his fault.*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: HELLO HELLO HELLOO! SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IN A WHILE! HEHE <3 IT'S SCHOOL HOLIDAYS AND I WAS IN PERTH AND YEAH :( LAZINESS GOT THE BEST OF ME (A)