Chapter 40

Memories of A Diary

Ever since you heard that audio, things had been different, looking at Kikwang gave you this funny feeling, like you didn’t know who he actually was. Things with Nickhun weren’t much different either, he was the still old bubbly guy but the feelings you had didn’t feel the same. You often caught yourself stealing glances at Kikwang in class and would ask yourself the same question: ‘Did he really do all that for me?’

One morning as you walked into school Kikwang walked up from the other side. The two of you blinked at each other for a few seconds before looking away. Kikwang felt his face heating up as he glanced at you biting your finger nails. *Damn you Junhyung for sending her the audio.* He remembered how he reacted when Junhyung said he already did the confessing to you for him and clenched his fist. *Now she won’t even look at me properly.*

When he walked away you sighed in relief and grabbed onto your chest, *Oh my god that was awkward, ottokae? Am I really going to avoid him forever?* You caressed the silver necklace on your neck and bit your lip, *Aish that stupid Lee Kikwang is too hard to decipher, the things he does secretly and what he acts like in front of people are completely different.*

With another sigh you walked into the corridors, suddenly you blinked and stepped back, in front of you was a large crowd of students, it seemed as if they were crowding one person. You fixed your bag straps and carefully made your way through.

“Omo unnie are you really dating him?”

“Woah a kingka and a queenka together, daebak!”

“Did Kikwang oppa really accept you? Kyaa!”

Upon hearing those words you grew confused. *Kikwang? Lee Kikwang?!* You looked up at the girl in the middle of the spotlight and it turned out to be no other then Kwon Yuri. She saw you looking and smirked, which made you roll your eyes and storm to your locker. After getting your books you slammed the locker door shut and stomped into class, *Stupid Lee Kikwang, you two faced jerkface.*

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the same time Kikwang was walking peacefully into class, when he stepped inside, people immediately started gossiping while looking at him. Girls gave him sad looks while boys gave him death glares. Not noticing anything Kikwang innocently shrugged and walked to the end of the classroom, to where the rest of Beast were sitting. When he walked pass Soo Mi she gave him a snort and looked away. He blinked at her, *What is wrong with Min Ji’s friend today?*

“YAH KIKWANGIE! Come here!” Yoseob shouted and he snapped out of his thoughts.

“What’s with all the drama?” Kikwang asked as he walked up to his table.

Yoseob crossed his arm and sulked. “You’re a meanie, you knew I liked Yuri and you still went for it.”

Kikwang blinked at his friend, “What?”

“Yeah Yoseob’s right! I thought you liked Min Ji! Soo Mi thinks that I’m a player like you now.” Hyunseung frowned.

Kikwang looked at him flabbergasted. “What are you on about?”

“Kikwangie ah, if you were interested in hot girls then why did you go for Min Ji in the first place? Tsk tsk I wasted my time sending Min Ji the audio.” Junhyung stated while shaking his head.

This time it was Kikwang who gave a frown. “What the hell are you guys talking about?”

“Dude,” Yoseob grabbed his shoulder. “We know you and Yuri have a thing going on.”

Kikwang whacked his arm off. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Stop lying buddy, as a good friend I will let this pass and ship the two of you together.” Yoseob gave him an approval nod.

“Hey, but I like Min Ji better.” Hyunseung scowled.

 “Yeah, Min Ji is more compatible with him. Yuri is too y for him.” Dongwoon nodded.

Kikwang smacked his head. “Who said I had a thing going on with Kwon Yuri?”

“Oh not many people, just the whole school, no biggie.” Junhyung casually shrugged.

Kikwang furrowed his eyebrows. “What the hell? Who started the rumour?”

“Yuri said you guys became official yesterday night.” Yoseob blinked innocently.

“Yeah hyung! She also said you were too shy to make the move first!” Dongwoon chirped.

Kikwang clenched his fist. “What the hell? Who does she think she is to make up such a rumour?”

“Oh I don’t know, perhaps the queenka of the school?” Junhyung said sarcastically.

 “What the hell?”

“So you guys aren’t together?” Doojoon asked.

“OOOH, Doojoon hyung is talking, you’re doomed Kikwangie.” Hyunseung put his hands over his mouth dramatically.

Kikwang sent him a hard glare before turning back to Doojoon. “No we’re not.”

“Good because Min Ji is coming in now.” Doojoon shrugged.

Kikwang looked up and Doojoon was right, you were stomping inside with a pile of books. Soo Mi waved you over and you slammed yourself down into the chair. “I don’t think she even cares.” He shrugged.

“OOOOOOOO!” Junhyung and Hyunseung howled.

“You know Kwangie.. You can use this chance to see if she’s jealous or not.” Yoseob said sneakily.

Kikwang gave him a blank stare, “Do you really thing I’ll do that?”

“Yoseob hyung is right, you can use this opportunity to see her true feelings.” Dongwoon nodded cutely.

“Aye maknae! Why are you always on that shortie’s side?” Kikwang gave him a look.

“Because I’m cool.” Yoseob defended the younger boy.

“Yeah right, cool my .” Kikwang muttered.

“Hey hey, I’m the one who refilled the fridge yesterday alright?” Yoseob pouted.

“Guys we’re getting off topic,” Doojoon sighed. “Kikwang just try it out.”

“No.” Kikwang shook his head stubbornly and sat down on his seat. He saw you sitting with Soo Mi and frowned. *Does she not care at all? Not even one teeny tiny bit?*

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the same time Soo Mi was using her textbook to fan away all the heat you were fuming up. “Why the frown Min Ji?” She asked innocently.

“Stupid Lee Kikwang jerkface.” You muttered.

“Hmm? Oh so it is about Kikwang, are you by any chance… jealous?” She looked closely at you.

You blinked and her and frowned. “Me? Jealous? Do I look like some demented cow to you? Hell no would I be jealous over that freak.”

She giggled and poked your rib, “Oh really now?”

“Yes.” You mumbled.

Soo Mi sighed and sat up. “Min Ji-ah… Are you starting to like Kikwang?”

You noticed the seriousness in her tone and looked up. “I don’t know… Do I?”

She tilted her head. “You seem like it…”

“But Nickhun oppa…” You suddenly felt guilty again for ignoring him these past few days.

“Do you still like Nickhun oppa?” Soo Mi asked.

You exhaled. “I really don’t know Soo Mi… it’s like being stuck in two worlds. I really thought I liked Nickhun, but then when he confessed I just couldn’t get the feel. Then suddenly I found out that Kikwang was the one that did everything for me. The whole time I thought that Nickhun oppa was the one who gave me the big teddy bear for my birthday, gave me this silver necklace for White Day and saved me at camp. Now it turns out that the cold and arrogant guy was the one who bought me all these wonderful presents. Everything just changed… I can’t look at Kikwang the same way anymore.”

Soo Mi bit her lip. “Min Ji-ah… About camp…”

You blinked at her. “Nickhun saved me, didn’t he?”

“No, Kikwang did… When we separated Nickhun told his friend to bring me back while he went looking. Kikwang went to search for you too, and he was the one who found you first. He also got hurt when bringing you back to the camp place. When you woke up Nickhun was there because Kikwang had to go clean up his injury, Nickhun had no idea you thought he saved you so didn’t say anything. But Kikwang was the one that did everything for you.”

You looked at her, flabbergasted. “What?” You croaked. “Kikwang saved me as well?”

She nodded, “Mhm.”

You sank deeper into your chair and glanced at Kikwang, who was talking to Beast. “Did he really?”

Soo Mi gave another nod. “You really do like him now do you?”

“No…” You shook your head.

“Then why haven’t you answered Nickhun yet?”

You bit your lip and shook your head, “I don’t know…”

Soo Mi patted your back with a gentle sigh, “Min Ji, I know you like Kikwang, why don’t you just go up to him and confess? I know I used to ship you and Nickhun together but seeing you like this, I want you to be happy.”

You glanced at Kikwang, and then remembered Yuri at the corridor. “Pft, that kid is with Yuri. He is two faced. I don’t believe he did all those for me.”

Soo Mi rolled her eyes, “Here we go again.”

You blew a raspberry and turned to the window. *Stupid jerkface Kikwang, I hate you I hate you I hate you I like you I hate you!*