Chapter 58

Memories of A Diary

Days passed and that stalking incident became a deep dark secret hidden within the Beast members (Kikwang and Hyunseung had threatened to cut any guy’s ‘thing’ off if they told the girls about it). They did feel a little embarrassed and stupid afterwards. You and Kikwang still continued bickering as usual and that soon had become a daily routine. Soo Mi and Hyunseung did argue but it wasn’t as extreme as your couple, afterall, they were the love birds.

One day, you were on your way to Beast’s crib (aka Kikwang’s house), Yoseob had fought with his parents and to revenge on them he took his dad’s credit card and decided to throw a party. Your hands were packed with lasagne and kim bap rolls, though Yoseob had a reason to be mad you still didn’t the like the idea of him stealing his dad’s money.

You held the bags tighter as you walked pass a small alley, letting out a wistful sigh, you popped your bubblegum and walked faster, *What’s with me and dark streets?!*

The light footsteps of your sneakers suddenly became louder; you gulped and slowly turned around. Seeing no one, you shook your head and continued walking. Hearing those footsteps again, you exhaled and started running, as expected, the footsteps started running also. Not knowing what to do, you ran into a smaller alley and hid behind the wall. 

A few seconds later, two guys wearing black hoodies ran pass. When they stopped in front of you, you covered your mouth and hid yourself deeper into the dark.

The two guys looked around desperately and kicked the floor.

“Did we lose her?” One of them groaned.

“Damn it, she can’t possibly be that far, you go that way and I’ll go this way.”

The other guy nodded and they separated, one running straight while the other turned left. Relieved, you grabbed tighter onto your bags and ran for it. By the time you got to Beast’s crib, you were out of breath and panting. Before you could reach for the doorbell, the door opened and there stood Kikwang holding the garbage.

“Oh, you’re here,” he smiled. “Go in first, I’m taking the rubbish out. The guys and Soo Mi is already in there.” You opened your mouth to reply but he noticed your panting and frowned, “Did you run all the way here?”

You nodded, “Yeah…”

He chuckled and shook his head, “You weird person, the party doesn’t start til another 15 minutes.”

You were about to tell him about the stalking incident when suddenly Yoseob popped up from behind him, “Ooh, Choi Min Ji…”

You hiccupped and gave him a meek smile, “Hi… oppa…”

He grinned and jabbed his thumb inside the house, “Come on in, Soo Mi’s been waiting for you.”

You nodded and started to walk in when suddenly Kikwang grabbed your wrist, “Were you about to tell me something?”

You gave him a soft smile, “Don’t worry about it,” *Maybe I’m just thinking too much, it might be just a coincidence. *

Yoseob looked at Kikwang and then clucked his tongue, “Yo Kikwangie, go chuck the rubbish already.”

Kikwang shot him a look, “Why don’t you go do it?”

“I can’t,” he grinned, “I’ve got a party to attend to.”

Kikwang rolled his eyes, “And like I don’t.”

Yoseob snickered, “Just go!” He yanked your wrist out of Kikwang’s hand and wrapped an arm around your shoulder, “I’ll take care of Min Ji until you come back.”

Kikwang glowered at him, “Hands off.”

You giggled at his jealous face while Yoseob pushed your head onto his shoulder, “I think her head fits on my shoulder better than yours.”

Kikwang exhaled deeply to hide his jealously, *Lee Kikwang, he’s your friend, and he’s only joking, calm down…* “Whatever,” he muttered and walked off.                                                                                                                                                        

Yoseob cackled and patted your head, “Good job, we got the arrogant monkey jelly.”

You forced a smile and nodded. Yoseob grinned and pulled you towards the living room where all the other people were setting out the food. Dongwoon looked up and smiled when he saw you, “Min Ji!”

Everyone looked up and grinned, “Anneyong!”

You smiled and waved, “Hi guys.”

Junhyung noticed the bags in your hands, “What is that?” He pointed.

“Lasagne and kim bap rolls that I made,” you replied quietly.

“Really?!” Dongwoon squealed. “YAYAYAY! Kim Bap!”

Soo Mi chuckled at his cuteness and leaned towards Hyunseung, “Your maknae is adorable.”

He frowned at her comment, “I’m cuter.”

Yoseob grabbed the bags off you and winked, “Go sit down, I’ll set these out.”

“Do you need help?” You asked.

He shook his head, “Nope~”

You smiled and helped the others set out the food.

After a while Kikwang came back and everyone started eating. It seemed like Yoseob was really mad at his parents because on the table there was meat, meat and meat. He had carelessly bought all the meat he saw without checking the price. But it wasn’t like Beast minded. Who wouldn’t want free meat?

Though there were plates and plates of delicious food in front of you, your mind kept drifting back to the scene of those two guys following you, *Could it be? This isn’t the first time…*

“Aren’t you going to eat?”

You were snapped out of your thoughts when Kikwang held up a piece of barbeque meat in front of you, “H-Huh?” You blinked at him.

Kikwang smirked and twirled the meat in front of your face, “You haven’t touched the food yet.”

“I-I’m not hungry,” you mumbled.

Kikwang sighed and shoved the piece of meat into your mouth. You chewed on it while glaring at him. Kikwang smiled and patted your head, “Good girl.”

You sighed and continued chewing; you weren’t in the mood for any bickering. Kikwang noticed your unusual behaviour and furrowed his eyebrows, “Min Ji…”

“Hmm?”

“What’s wrong?” Kikwang asked.

“W-What do you mean?” You stuttered, avoiding his gaze.

“Something happened on your way here didn’t it?”

You shook your head hastily, “N-N-No…”

“You’re lying,” Kikwang stated calmly.

“No I am not,” you gulped.

“You do know that I’m going to keep asking until you tell me the truth right?” Kikwang asked.

You blew a raspberry and looked at everyone else:  Soo Mi was feeding Hyunseung, and he was pinching her cheeks. Dongwoon was busy choking, while Doojoon was patting his back holding a glass of water. Yoseob was eating this and that grumpily while Junhyung was casually wrapping meat into a salad. Kikwang got the hint and stood up, grabbing attention from everyone else.

“What are you doing?” Doojoon blinked at him.

Kikwang ignored his hyung’s question and instead pulled you up, before you could open your mouth to question him Kikwang had already pulled you into his room and locked the door.

“What are you doing?” You blinked at him.

Kikwang pushed you onto the bed and sat on a chair in front of you, “Now tell me.”

You stared at him for a few seconds before looking away, “It’s nothing important.”

“If it is strong enough to make you lose your appetite then it’s very important,” Kikwang guaranteed.

You bit your lip and stared into his face, the sincerity in his eyes made you melt. The way he looked at you made you feel vulnerable yet safe, and slowly you found yourself telling him stories of both the incidents. “And now I don’t know if it’s just a coincidence or were they really stalking me…” You finished.

Kikwang stared at you for a little while before letting out a small chuckle, “Aigoo…”

You furrowed your eyebrows, “What?”

Kikwang smiled and moved over to sit down next to you, he wrapped his arms around your shoulder and pulled you to his chest, rocking you from side to side he rubbed circles on your back. “Don’t worry, only people who are related to bad things get stalked that way. A harmless girl like you would never be their target, so don’t worry okay? Even if they do choose you, I’ll be here. I won’t let him lay a single finger on you, I promise.”

You smiled at his comforting words and wrapped your arms around his waist, having him by your side made you feel all relaxed. His words had effortlessly taken away all the panic you had before, that simple promise made you feel safe and secured. You tightened the hug and closed your eyes, *You’re right, maybe I am over exaggerating.* Smiling, you snuggled closer into his chest, “Thank you, oppa.”