034

What's Your Secret?

 

 

 

“They must be thinking that they’ve won this.” Rowoon hissed as he slammed his palm on the table, his father was tight-lipped as he watched the news. Several reporters were trying to reach him, asking for an interview or any word regarding the accusation surrounding him.

“We were leading the polls, sir. Things were going great.” His secretary carefully said, Rowoon looked away, he glanced at his phone.

“They’re behind this. It’s obvious.” His father spoke, Rowoon exhaled and nodded.

“They want us to move, abeoji. They’re nudging us to move, so that they can stir trouble again.”

Kim Donghee leaned back on his seat, his son opted to turn off the TV and he faced the elder.

“You were supposed to meet the girl, right?”

“Yes, but she cancelled, last thing I heard is that she resigned her job. It is safe to assume that she is to join~”

“SK Holdings, the Yoos. Her family.” Kim Donghee mused and picked up his drink, Rowoon nodded.

“It will be hard to get her by then.” The elder drummed his fingers on the table.

“What about the election? Has anyone called you? Will they be suspecting~”

“I can take care of that, you come up with a way to separate the girl from her…friends. Or vice versa.”

“What do you mean, abeoji? You want me to distract them to get to Jungah? That’ll be difficult, you know what they did the last time we sent men after her.”

Kim Donghee frowned, they lost three of their larges “warehouses” and several contacts after that little stunt Im Changkyun pulled.

“No. Distract Jungah.”

 

 

 

“I like you, noona. I’ve liked you..for a long time now.”

Kihyun’s brows went up at Wonwoo’s sudden confession, he glanced at Jungah’s guards, even the males were tilting their heads.

The older male turned his gaze back towards his cousin, only find her recoiling.

“W—Wonwoo-ah, I—I…didn’t know that..”

“You don’t have to say anything now, noona. I…I just wanted to let it out, so that you know that you have options.” Wonwoo stated, one of the hyungnims rolled his eyes.

“O—Oh, okay.” His cousin blurted out as she took her card back from the counter. Jungah quickly waved to one of her guards, one of the men moved forward to take the boxes and shopping bags.

“Are you out alone, noona? Let’s get lunch together.” Wonwoo tried to reach for her hand, but the girl shook her head.

“I came with Kihyun oppa,” She threw a furtive glance at the shoe rack, where her cousin remained hidden.

“Ah, so, some other time then.” Wonwoo gave her a small smile, Jungah nodded back, she padded after her cousin, grabbed his arm, and dragged him out of the shop.

“Jungah, was that~”

“Not a word.” She said through gritted teeth as her other two guards blocked Wonwoo’s view of them, Kihyun started to grin at his cousin.

“How cruel of you to just walk away, when he literally bared his~”

“I’m starting to rethink my decision, should I just go back to my boss and ask for resignation letter?” She muttered darkly as they got on the escalator, Kihyun chuckled and made the show of zipping his mouth. Jungah glared at her guards, they also did the same.

Kihyun glanced at her again, the girl was chewing on the insides of her cheek, clearly irked.

“You didn’t see this coming.” He said as the black Suburban appeared by the curb.

“Of course, I didn’t.” She snapped at him before approaching the car, the girl quickly climbed in. Kihyun followed and made himself comfortable on the seat and spoke to her.

“Really? I always thought….you kind..of felt it.”

“I didn’t.” She sighed in reply as the car started moving forward.

“So, you’re going to go out with him?”

Jungah eyed him warily before putting her Airpods on, Kihyun grinned to himself and leaned back on his seat.

 

 

 

“I….love it?” Jungah blurted out as she walked around the mannequin, Wonho grinned at her before plopping down on the couch.

“You’ll need it, princess. We just had it made just in case…something comes up. You know what.”

The girl nodded back and picked up her coffee, she glanced at the TV screen. News of Kim Donghee’s “dark past” was running again, there were dozens of photos and other documents that showed and proved negative things about the mayoral candidate. Like how he scammed a medium sized company almost six years ago, and there was even word about a slush fund.

“So, the companies involved…is it safe to assume that they’re in on it too? All the crap he’s been pulling?” She asked as she sat down across him, Wonho nodded and exhaled.

“Changkyun had it checked. And yes. I hope you take note, those guys will try coming after you too.” Wonho winked at her, Jungah grimaced.

“Of course, One Dot would never allow you to get hurt, so, don’t you worry, princess.” Wonho softly said as he glanced at the windows, a Lamborghini Urus has just arrived.

“Hmm?” Jungah’s gaze went to him, her brows raised.

“Nothing, they can try coming after you, but surely they know that they shouldn’t even bother.”

Jungah was about to reply when Shownu stepped in the living room, his eyes were already on the maneuquin, it was wearing Jungah’s “gear”. Her tactical gear slash tech gear was designed for her frame, the Kevlar vest had fitted her perfectly when she tried it on minutes ago. Jungah thought the jeans made her look good, despite the dozens of pockets to hold bullets and the set of baby pink throwing knives Wonho gifted her. Baby pink throwing knives.

“I present to you my new work uniform.” She said, the corners of Shownu’s lips curled and nodded at her.

“I didn’t know you’d be at home, I thought you were going out with Kihyun.” Shownu asked as he shook off his jacket.

“She’s in hiding.” Wonho teasingly said, Jungah shushed the male. Shownu’s brows went up, but the girl shook her head.

“Why? Did something happen?” Shownu asked, worry coating his voice as he sat down next to her.

“No, no. I…Oppa wanted to shop more, so…I bolted.” She supplied, Wonho grinned and she glared at him. The older male stood up and grabbed his phone from the coffee table.

“I have a meeting in an hour so, One Dot, you’re on babysitter duty.” He mused, and before Jungah could argue, Wonho was already gone.

“Are things okay?” Shownu asked again, Jungah made a face before placing her vibrating phone on his hand and leaned back on the couch, she crossed her leg over the other and shrugged at him.

“He’s calling?”

“He’s been calling since yesterday.” She said as Shownu stared at Rowoon’s number on the screen.

“You think he wants to meet up?” Jungah mused and crossed her arms, Shownu glanced at her, his forehead creasing.

“Can I say something?” He spoke, the girl tensed and blinked at him.

“About what? Does it include~”

“I would appreciate it if you didn’t. For your safety. And my sanity.” Shownu stated, the girl seems to relax and she slowly nodded back.

“Ah, so we’re still talking about him. Okay, no going out to meet up with handsome Rowoon.”

Shownu’s brows rose, he leaned back on the sofa beside her.

“I’m to start work next week. But,” She murmured as she leaned against his side, Shownu paused but he loosely put one arm around her.

“That charity ball scares me more.” Jungah let out a soft chukle, Shownu smiled and shook his head.

“Ah, so being with us, staying at this home is nothing compared to the charity ball.”

“Definitely. Being surrounded by Baby Chae’s guns is a lot more relaxing.” She muttered as she let out a yawn.

“I’m going out to dinner, Haerin wants to throw some sort of party for me. I’d invite everyone, but you lot scare my friends.” She mused as she inched closer to him, Shownu noticed how her eyes were starting to droop.

“Wake me up by five?” She murmured, Shownu hummed back before taking the remote control and started browsing through channels, with Jungah curled on his side.

“One Dot?”

“Hmm?”

“Can you drive me to the restaurant later?” She asked, her voice muffled.

“Anything for you, Jungah.”

 

 

 

Joon was in the process of cracking the crab legs’ shells when Jungah’s phone buzzed on the table, she opened the message and paused.

Young miss, we’ve been called to run checks. We will be leaving a car outside.

We won’t be long. Please stay with your friends for the time being. – Flowerboy Hyungnim u3u

Jungah looked up and saw one of her guards standing by the windows, making sure she read the text. She gave him a small nod, and watched as the black Suburban drove away. Shownu had dropped her off earlier, and left her guards on standby outside.

A few moments later, a waiter approached them and gave Jungah the keyfob to the Audi R8 that Minhyuk asked her to take as a weclome to the family present.

“Noona, is it true?”

“About SK Holdings? Yes.” She sighed, Haerin let out a laugh and spooned more rice into .

“No more escaping them, I see.” The younger male mused, Jungah snorted before speaking again.

“Actually, there’s something…I want to mention.” She said as Joon put more crabmeat on her plate.

“She finally gets to the point. It’s been pretty obvious something’s bothering you.” Haerin stated, Joon nodded for her to speak.

“Do you guys remember my friend?”

“Which one? The scary looking ones? Or the whimpy looking one?”

“Haerin!” Jungah sighed at her, Joon grew amused and started eating as well.

“Wonwoo,”

“Oh. Him.” Haerin said flatly, suddenly uninterested.

“He..said some things that..just made…things…complicated.” Jungah continued, as she moved the food around her plate.

“Things. Things.” Joon mused, but studied the look on her face.

“What kind of things?” Haerin voiced.

“The guy probably confessed. I kind of saw it coming.” Joon said, Jungah looked up and grimaced.

“And she probably didn’t like it.” He continued with a grin, Haerin blinked at her friend.

“Really?”

“Really. I…I don’t want to hurt him, I…He’s a good friend, you know. And..it feels like~”

“Pretty brave of him to do that too. But, noona, you don’t have to be pressured to saying yes to him.”

“I wasn’t going to.”

“Ouch.” Joon blurted out, Jungah winced and gave him an apologetic smile. Haerin tilted her head, suddenly growing quiet.

“So, you…you were never going to look at him? You never looked.” The other girl finally spoke, Jungah remained quiet and picked up her spoon.

“He’s like a brother to me, Haerin. Why would~”

“But you looked at the other guy. You’re still looking. No, staring.”

“Don’t.” Jungah shushed her, Joon leaned back, amused and also used to the two arguing like this.

“I’m right, huh? The other guy. The one who scared the living daylights out of manager Shin? The one with the shoulders?”

“Haerin, please~”

“Well, I approve. He suits you better.” Haerin said and patted her hand.

“I’m not..going to.”

“Why not?”

“I don’t know, he’s…all super serious and..I tend to mess things up. And,”

“I guess he hasn’t seen the way he looks at her. All the pining and the longing. Well,” Haerin shrugged at Joon, the other male nodded back, agreeing.

“Noona, I know it’s cliché, but have you seen how he looks at you?” He said, Haerin asked for the tab as they were finishing their meal.

“I try not…to look at him for too long.” She muttered, Joon paid for the meal and the three headed out of the place.

“Why not? I’d stare if I can,” Haerin mused, Jungah slapped her friend’s arm.

“Stop.” She muttered as they crossed the street, Jungah reached the car and took a quick glance around.

“We’ll get going then, noona. Please visit us when you have time, I can’t deal with Haerin noona by myself.” Joon gave her a quick hug, the older girl laughed and patted his back.

“Drive safely, rich kid.” Haerin jokingly said before kissing her cheek and padding after Joon. Jungah puffed her cheeks and looked around again.

The Suburban had not yet returned and she wanted to go home already, she tried calling for her guards. But they wouldn’t pick up.

“It’s a twenty-minute drive. I’ll be fine.” She murmured to herself as she slid inside the R8 and drove away from the restaurant.

And Jooheon’s princess never noticed the three sedans that also left their parking slots as soon as she did.

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++