031

What's Your Secret?

 

 

 

Shownu stood by the glass panels with his drink in hand, his eyes were on the crowd below, dancing with the pulsating music.

“Kim Donghee may think that he’s cornered us by using Jungah, but…this, he won’t this coming.” Wonho smirked as he leaned back on the plush leather sofa, Hyungwon on the insides of his cheeks as he looked at the screen again.

“We have three of his trusted men, I’m pretty sure he’s trying to contact them by now. But,” Changkyun was grinning as he joined the older males.

“I have them constantly replying to his messages. Minhyuk hyung was right.”

Minhyuk grinned as he looked up from his phone, Wonho tilted his head in question.

“I asked them not to…injure their fingers. We can’t have the aspiring mayor worry about his minions.” Minhyuk shrugged in reply, Jooheon scrunched his nose.

"We have three of their dens locked down. I'm sure they're starting to feel uncomfortable." Wonho added.

"Maybe it's better if we add more security on Jungah? They might retaliate." Minhyuk murmured, Changkyun shook his head.

"I'm sure they will, hyung. But, they have to think about it first." The youngest murmured as he nodded towards Shownu's direction, Minhyuk and Wonho exhanged knowing grins.

"They touch her and they,"

"Die." Hyungwon mused back.

“I’m still not comfortable with Jungah and that tall guy. The son.” He stated, Hyungwon glanced at their leader briefly.

“Kihyun said they’d be arriving together, she’ll be here soon. Maybe we should try talking her out of it? What do you think?” Wonho spoke, he was looking at Shownu.

“Why? I think it would be fun to watch as she toys with him.” Minhyuk chuckled, Jooheon shook his head at him.

“Hyunwoo, what-”

Shownu suddenly put his drink down on the bar with a loud thud and the male bolted out of the room.

“What was that?” Jooheon mumbled, Hyungwon was already by the windows and he grimaced.

 

 

 

Jungah felt the bar against her back and she grimaced, Youngho was grinning at her as he leaned down to press his nose on her neck. She could still feel his hand on her thigh.

“Y—Youngho, m—move.” She tried pushing him back, but he chuckled, his breath was laced with the scent of heavy alcohol. Jungah stilled at his touch, his palm went up higher and her whole body froze.

And then she noticed it, the club had gone silent. Some of the lights were steadily on, no longer flashing in different colors. Her eyes went to Youngho’s two friends behind him, but the two were unmoving as they stared at the bar behind her.

Jungah wanted to crane her neck to see, but she was still in the process of shoving Youngho’s palm away from her bare right thigh.

“Youngho, please let go and run.” She said to him, he smiled against the side of her head and he finally pulled back to meet her gaze.

But her eyes were elsewhere, a few seconds ago, the crowd behind them had parted, clubgoers had moved to the sides while a few men in dark suits lingered about, eyes alert.

“Run?” He mused, his hand transferred to her waist and Jungah shuddered.

“Jungah, I don’t get you. Are you trying to-”

Youngho gasped as he was suddenly ripped away from the girl, he didn’t get the chance to protest when she heard a distinctive crack.

Her ex-boyfriend started screaming.

Jungah heard a soft chuckle behind her, she turned her head, Wonho was behind the bar and was eyeing the other male with disgust. He sensed the girl staring at him, and he gave her a wink.

“You should have listened to her. Run.” He spoke, loud enough for Youngho to hear. Jungah watched as Youngho slid down on the polished floor, Shownu was standing behind him. His forehead creased, and jaw taut.

Youngho’s elbow was facing the other way. The wrong way.

Shownu moved around him, clubgoers watched in silence as the male pressed his foot on the back of Youngho’s neck.

Hyungwon and Minhyuk sauntered over, the two friends hopped on one of the empty seats and asked for drinks. The bartender grimaced, but indulged the young masters.

“You had the chance to run.” Minhyuk shrugged as he crossed his legs.

Youngho’s eyes found Jungah as he continued to writhe in pain, color had left his face.

“Jungah, tell him to let me go. Does he even know who I am?” He said sharply, the corners of Shownu’s lips lifted up as his gaze met the girl’s.

“Should I know who he is, princess?” He asked her, Hyungwon looked up from his drink, even Wonho leaned against the bar.

“Jungah! Tell him to-” Youngho started to gasp for air as Shownu pressed his shoe against the back of his neck.

“Do not raise your voice at her.” He quietly said, but his guards tensed up at his tone. Minhyuk grinned while sipping his Shirley Temple.

“I’d like to get something to drink.” She murmured as she fidgeted on the hem of her dress, Shownu stepped away from Youngho, the male was still in pain. His arm was messed up.

Jungah carefully walked around him, Shownu was waiting for her. He gestured for the girl to walk ahead of him and the two headed up towards the private room.

Wonho was grinning at the male on the floor.

“He’s lucky Jungah didn’t decide to play devil’s advocate and asked One Dot to pummel him to the ground or something.” Minhyuk commented.

“Shall we call for an ambulance, sir?” One of the guards spoke.

“Don’t. Dump him outside. The sidewalk can be very…welcoming at this time of the night. He can be the club’s conversation piece.” Hyungwon spoke as Youngho struggled to sit up. Wonho eyed the male in disdain before speaking.

“He’s right, toss him out.”

 

 

 

“She usually goes out for lunch with two workmates, sometimes she eats with one of those spoiled brats.” Rowoon spoke, the four middle-aged males across him nodded.

“I have most of her details, I also am aware of where she lives right now. But, her living arrangements have been strange lately. She hasn’t been spotted around her rented home for weeks now. But, I can take care of that.”

“She has been staying at another place then, young master?”

Rowoon leaned back on his seat and gave a noncommittal shrug.

“I think so, but I will be meeting her in a few days. I’ll have someone tail her.”

One of them leaned forward, and Rowoon nodded at him.

“There’s been a bit of a disturbance, sir. It’s regarding our shipments, with three of our laboratories shut down last week,”

Rowoon grimaced, their dens, their laboratories have been ransacked. It was a synchronized attack, and he was willing to bet good money who was behind it.

Or which group was behind it.

“This is their retaliation because we stole a couple of their boxes. But don’t worry, this may also mean that they want to distract us. So that we’ll look away from their princess. But, no.” Rowoon scoffed and shook his head.

“Some of our partners have been compromised too, and they aren’t able to move around freely with the police watching them.”

Rowoon’s forehead creased.

“Well, I better rush my Jungah plan then. Don’t worry, we’ll have her in the next two weeks.”

“You already have a plan for the Yoo girl, sir?”

Rowoon chuckled and nodded back.

“Well, the weakness must have a weakness, right?”

 

 

 

Jungah chewed on her lower lip as she was led to the private room, Kihyun was already inside, judging from the way he was frowning at her with his arms crossed, he saw what happened.

“I’ll get you something to drink.” She felt Shownu’s palm on her upper back, she nodded back at him and the male walked towards the mini bar by the windows.

“I can explain.” She began.

“Explain?”

Shownu tilted his head, eyeing the two Yoos.

“Oppa, he wanted to talk, but I-”

“You don’t have to explain for him.” Kihyun hissed, Jungah grimaced as she watched her cousin walk over towards the glass panels again.

“Hyung,”

“Yes?”

“You should have broken both elbows.”

“I left one for you.” Shownu’s reply made Jungah balk at him, but the male only gave her a small smile.

“Oppa, don’t-”

But Kihyun was already out of the room, Jungah sighed and looked around them.

“Jooheon and Changkyun are taking care of the security footage.”

“Surely, if he comes to sue you, there won’t be any proof. Right.” She mumbled as she joined him by the bar, she sat on the stool next to him.

“Are you okay? Do you want to go home?” Shownu spoke softly, his fore head creasing, the girl’s fingers were still trembling slightly.

She curled her fists as she glanced at dancefloor again.

“Then, would you like to enjoy your drink downstairs? Your hyungnims are here too, I can ask them to-”

“Instead of disturbing them, can’t you join me? I promise you I’m not a sloppy drunk, oppa. You won’t have to take care of my elbows.”

The older male actually grimaced, but Jungah was smiling at him.

“I’m sorry you had to see that, Jungah.” He stated as he slid down from his seat and stretched one hand to her.

“He deserves it, oppa. You don’t have to explain.”

“I wasn’t going to.” He replied, Jungah let out a snort but she placed her hand on his as she left her seat. Shownu’s smile widened briefly.

“I know.” She hummed back.

Shownu chuckled and gently pulled the girl to his side to kiss the side of her head.

“The next time he shows up, dial one. One is for One Dot, right?”

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++