030

What's Your Secret?

 

 

 

Rowoon leaned back on his seat as his cousin paced by his desk, he didn’t have plans on meeting Wonwoo today, but the male had called him. And he had a feeling that he’d be getting something from Wonwoo today.

“So, her previous boyfriend appears,” Rowoon spoke, Wonwoo nodded as he finally stopped moving and decided to lean ahainst his desk.

“Why does it bother you so much, like you said, he’s the ex. They already broke up.”

“That guy, the family already likes him, even her grandparents.”

“Wonwoo, like you said, they’re already broken up.” Rowoon was amused but he kept his smile away from the other male.

“From the way he spoke, it is clear that he wants her back. His…advances were just stopped because that son of a arrived. Again.” Wonwoo spat.

Rowoon’s ear perked up, and he faced the other male.

“I’m going to assume that we’re talking about the Hyundai son. He sure does appear everywhere she is.” He taunted him, Wonwoo exhaled and looked away.

“I wonder, I’m sure her cousin, I mean her whole family must know about Son Hyunwoo’s background, and yet they’re okay with it?” Rowoon asked, Wonwoo let out a shrug.

“Kihyun hyung lets her get away with a lot of things, he may try to talk her out of it. But at the end of the day, noona will have her way.”

“Hmm, so they’re pretty close?” Rowoon pressed, Wonwoo nodded just as his secretary stepped in the room. The two had ordered for some food to be delivered.

“Kihyun hyung? Of course, they are.” Wonwoo chuckled as he took the seat across him.

Rowoon smiled to himself and nodded. The weakness has a weakness too, surely.

“Well, I get the Hyundai son, who wouldn’t be interested in her?” Rowoon continued, Wonwoo blinked at him while he opened the food containers.

“Really?”

“I didn’t know it would get that serious for him. Have you seen the way he looks at her? I saw you bunch at the party, it looked like he was ready to pounce on you.” Rowoon mused.

“What do you mean? He may be the Hyundai son, but her family would never approve.” Wonwoo pointed out, Rowoon was about to reply but his phone pinged in his coat pocket. He paused and quickly took it ou. His brows went up as he read the text from Jungah.

She wanted to meet up for coffee.

Rowoon smiled to himself and silently put his phone away.

 

 

 

“I had a feeling we’d end up eating here.” Jungah mused as she set her chopsticks down, the two were at an exclusive Korean traditional restaurant.

“You tend to be picky with food, princess. I had to play it safe.” Shownu mused back, the girl rolled her eyes at him and she glanced around.

“Oppa, you know what’s more surprising?” She said as they waited for dessert.

“What is it?” He leaned forward.

“You know what they do in movies? Like, reserved dining halls or those private rooms. I was expecting that.” She started laughing, Shownu sighed in reply. The two were dining along with the other customers in the restaurant.

“Reallly?”

“Really.” Jungah mused as their plate of tea cookies arrived.

“Wonwoo was there earlier, did he make you uncomfortable?” He asked as he took a piece, Jungah paused before slowly shaking her head. But Shownu already saw it, she had hesitated.

“I just wasn’t expecting to see the ex-boyfriend outside my workplace, and yes, you guessed right.” She pointed out before Shownu could speak, he paused and stared at her.

“I just..Wonwoo can get a little…nosey sometimes, but it’s fine. That’s how he’s always been. I don’t really mind.”

Shownu’s brows rose.

"Jooheon and the rest of the guys mind though, remember that." He said mildly, Jungah chuckled to herself and nodded.

Jungah really didn’t know. She wasn’t aware of how the younger male looked at her.

“You don’t mind having him around?”

“He’s like a brother to me, oppa. Of course, I don’t. But…” She took another cookie and started nibbling on it.

“I really wasn’t expecting seeing Seo Youngho today. Of all people.” She murmured, Shownu nodded back at her, but he tensed ever so slightly.

“Why? Does he still affect you?” He finally spoke, Jungah peeled her gaze away from the cookies, she broke into a smile, which confused him. But the girl leaned over, and Shownu felt the tips of her fingers brush against the side of his lip.

“You have cookie crumbs there,” She grinned before pulling away, Shownu tensed.

“I shouldn’t be thinking about other guys, I have to put Rowoon first.” Jungah mused as she took out her phone, Shownu slowly nodded back and picked up his drink.

“Y—Yes, you should.” He murmured softly, flustered.

 

 

 

“I didn’t know we’d still be pushing the sleepover, but I’m in.” Joon commented as the three friends gathered at the pantry.

“I’ll be clearing my Friday night then, I love you.” Haerin purred as she presented Jungah with her glass of instant coffee. The older grinned in reply before taking it from her.

“It is your birthday, and maybe celebrating it at home is better. And, we can drink as much as we want.”

Joon groaned at the two girls, he knew that he was goint to end up cleaning after them.

“But, unnie, I don’t know if you’ve noticed..or heard, but our other..officemates have been talking about you.”

“Is this still because of that one time Changkyun went here and put a ring on my finger?” She grimaced, Joon shook his head as he opened a bag of cookies.

“No?”

“No, not that. It’s also not about manager Shin getting fired after Mister Dark and Mysterious appeared here while our disgusting boss was talking about your legs in your skirt.” Haerin shuddered as she leaned against the counter.

“Okay?” Jungah grimaced.

“They noticed that…Well, we also noticed that you’re being driven around by Mister Dark and Mysterious lately. And unnie, wow. Just, wow.” Haerin said to her in a serious tone.

“Wow, what? Is it because of his car? Because, sitting inside those isn’t the most comfortable thing, you know. It’s better now that he switched to the Urus, but the R8. The R8 was so difficult to get in to, the car is ridiculously low and~” She halted, Haerin and Joon were looking at her warily.

“Sometimes we forget which family you came from, but no. It’s not because of that.” Haerin waved her off, Joon chuckled and went back to eating.

“I meant him. Him. He is a wow.”
Wow?”

“Unnie, do you even really look at the guy? The broad shoulders? The arms? It’s very obvious through those suits he wears, but one can already imagine how defined the resot of his body must be. Plus, he’s tall. Sinfully handsome and well, basically, he’s like a god among men.”

Joon winced, but he nodded along.

“I wouldn’t….I do look at the guy, but…okay. You’re not being a ert, I hope.” Jungah murmured as she finished her cup, but she was smiling.

“He may appear stoic, unnie. I can sense that. But, I’ve also seen how he looks at you. And, goddamnit, I~”

“I’m going to stop you right there. He’s a friend. Also, one of my cousin’s closest friends. No, it’s not even just that, he’s a business partner and a family friend. So, don’t.” Jungah grimaced again.

“Are you saying that you wouldn’t give him a chance if he ever tries to…win you over?” Haerin hummed in a teasing tone.

“But, what about the other guy? What’s his name again? Sunwoo? Wonwoo?” Joon chimed in, Haerin rolled her eyes at him.

“I’m on team Son Hyunwoo, Mister Dark and Mysterious all the way.” She shrugged, Jungah slowly shook her head and made herself a sandwich.

“Wonwoo’s a child, Joon. He’s like the brother I never had.”

“Ouch.” Joon mouthed at Haerin, the latter just grinned.

“And Son Hyunwoo is a man. Manly man man.” Haerin let out a dreamy sigh, Jungah shuddered and left her two friends.

Manly man man.” Jungah smiled to herself as she returned to her desk.

 

 

 

“And, somehow you let this happen?”

Kihyun glanced at his younger cousin as they walked past the line, he smiled and held out one arm to her. There was a club opening tonight, and Wonho had suggested for Jungah to come too. It was a way of introducing her to their “people”. And it will also help keep her safe.

“It’s a party. And we’re all here. I don’t think you could get into any trouble.” Kihyun mused the girl held onto his hand, they entered the through the back door and she paused.

The place was already jampacked with people, music was vibrating from each corner of the establishment that it made her heart race.

“I know you would rather stay home, but a little fun won’t hurt.” Kihyun hollered over the loud music, she was about to reply when a familiar male approached them. Jungah smiled at the hyungnim as he leaned in to whisper something to Kihyun.

Her cousin paused briefly, his forehead creasing.

“I have to take a call, the guys are upstairs. Take the stairs behind the DJ’s booth.” Kihyun said to her, she nodded back and watched as the hyungnim and Kihyun waded through the crowd. Jungah turned for the bar, deciding to get something to drink before joining the Dots.

She carefully sidestepped all the dancing bodies and finally reached the bar, she glanced around and one of the bartenders approached her.

“Young miss,” He said warmly, Jungah smiled back, not even questioning why he knew her. This was the family’s territory. Her family.

“What can you suggest? Nothing strong though.” She spoke, the male nodded and disappeared again, Jungah turned around and leaned against the counter.

She was about to check her phone when she felt a presence beside her, she stilled as the male spoke.

“I didn’t expect to see you here. This…This isn’t your crowd.” He mused as he met her gaze, Jungah took a step away from him. But Youngho smiled and followed her.

“What do you want?” She sighed.

“I want to talk. I already told you that.” He said to her, his breath touching her neck. He reeked of alcohol and judging by how his gaze was unfocused, he was drunk too.

“Youngho, oh, it’s her.” Jungah noticed his two friends behind him, she couldn’t recall their names. But it was safe to assume that they were just as hammered as he was.

“Yes, her.” Youngho whispered as he stood before her, effectively pinning Jungah against counter at her back. She grimaced as her eyes went around the area.

“You and I both know we have nothing to talk about.” She pointed out, keeping her call.

“But,” Youngho said as he leaned into her, pressing his body to hers. Jungah tried to squirm away, and then she felt his hand going up her thigh.

Jungah stilled, she raised her hands and tried to shove him back, but he didn’t even budge. His friends started laughing.

And his hand on her thigh remained there.

It only went higher and higher.

Youngho was smirking at her, totally unaware that the club had gone eerily quiet.

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++