013

What's Your Secret?

 

 

 

“You don’t have to pick me up.” Jungah said as they went down the steps, Wonwoo smiled and offered his arm to the girl.

“Noona, if I arrive alone, eomma would never let me hear the end of it.”

Jungah chuckled, Rowoon was a few steps behind them, he was on the phone.

“Okay, it’s not really a big deal. I can drive my~” Jungah halted, Wonwoo blinked at her. The girl was looking elsewhere, her brows rose.

He followed her gaze, she was looking at a tall male, he was clad in a black turtleneck sweater and dark jeans while leaning against his car.

“Five Dots.” Jungah blurted out, Wonwoo turned to her, confused.

The girl let go of him and padded towards the male, Wonwoo exhaled and watched as she approached the stranger.

“Your phone?” Hyungwon asked, more like he demanded, Jungah paused and she grimaced.

“I think I might have left it in Wonwoo’s car, why? Why are you here? Are you here to eat too?” She asked him, Hyungwon sighed at her, he glanced over his shoulder and spotted her two guards standing by.

“Changkyun’s been trying to reach you.”

“W—why? How bad?” She asked, her forehead creasing, Hyungwon’s eyes went to Wonwoo, the other male was standing a few steps away from them, he was staring at them.

“Noona, are things~”

Hyungwon heard the loud pour of engine from afar, and he shut his mouth.

“Wonwoo, I think I s~”

A very familiar black Audi R8 pulled before them, Shownu appeared, his brows furrowed together.

“It’s that bad?” Jungah balked at Hyungwon, he gave her a small nod, his eyes went to Wonwoo again.

“We need to go, get in the car.” Shownu said in his usual flat tone, Wonwoo’s brows rose.

“Right now? I~”

“Jungah,” Shownu was steering her towards his car, but Wonwoo blocked the older male and pulled the girl behind him.

Hyungwon smiled and looked away.

“I don’t know what your relationship is with her, but it’s rude to be dragging her around like this.” Wonwoo spoke, blocking Shownu’s view of the girl.

Shownu’s left brow rose briefly.

“I need her to come with me.” He spoke, Jungah carefully stepped in between the two.

“Wonwoo-ah, actually,”

Wonwoo held onto her arm and shook his head.

“Noona, you don’t have to go with him. I’ll drive her home safely.” Wonwoo faced him again, Hyungwon noticed the guards moving forward, but he shook his head at him. Surely, Son Hyunwoo would be able to handle the Jeon boy.

“You can keep her safe.” Shownu repeated, his left brow rising, Jungah glanced at Hyungwon, but the male just shrugged at her.

“Help me.” She mouthed at him, Hyungwo simply shook his head at her.

“She needs to go with me.” Shownu spoke again, Wonwoo let out a breath, clearly annoyed.

“You keep~”

Shownu leaned over and with one swift move, he effortlessly brushed Wonwoo’s hand off the girl and started pulling her to the car.

“You~” Wonwoo grabbed the older male by the arm and he halted when four dark figures suddenly surrounded them. Hyungwon shook his head to himself, amused and entertained at the same time.

Jungah froze, she could sense the shift in Shownu’s mood and then she spoke.

“It’s fine, he’ll drive me home. Sorry I have to take a raincheck on our ice cream. I’ll call you tomorrow.” She quickly said, not wanting to further agitate the male beside her.

“Noona, this man, he keeps on~”

Shownu removed his hand off him, he wordlessly opened the R8’s front seat and walked around the car.

“It’s fine, I’ll call you later. Drive safely.”

Shownu got inside the car first and started the engine, Wonwoo exhaled and nodded.

“Call me when you get home, noona. I’ll wait.”

Jungah nodded back at him, she slid inside the car and carefully shut the door.

Hyungwon grinned to himself, he got in his car and drove away from the parking lot.

“You….You’re scary, Boss.” Jungah muttered as Shownu stepped on the pedal.

“We need you at the manor, will that be okay? Or would you rather we meet up at your house?” Shownu spoke, he took a quick glance at her.

“Whoa, I have choices?” She said dryly, Shownu didn’t reply but she broke into a smile.

“The manor will be fine, I think I have extra clothes there. I hate wearing heels for long periods of time.”

Shownu nodded again, he noticed how the girl glanced back at the parking lot.

“But, One Dot,”

“Yes?”

“We have ice cream at the manor, right?”

“I think we do, give Changkyun a call so he can check.” Shownu said as he handed his phone to her, Jungah smiled to herself and took the device from him.

 

 

 

Jooheon glanced at the screen, waiting for the Yoo son to pick up. While Changkyun was pacing in front of the windows, clearly frustrated.

“I can’t get anything on the son, hyung. This doesn’t make sense.” He muttered as he ran his fingers through his hair.

“Jungah’s guards just messaged back, apparently she was having dinner with that Wonwoo again. Blech.” Jooheon muttered, Changkyun paused and looked at the male’s raised phone.

It was a photo of Jungah standing in between Wonwoo and Shownu, his brows went up.

“That looks intense.” He muttered, Jooheon chortled as he zoomed in on the photo.

“Hyung…looks..angry,” Changkyun whispered, but the older male seemed not to notice.

“Does he think he can take on Shownu hyung? Does he want to die?” Jooheon scoffed, he put the phone down. Changkyun’s brows rose briefly, but he didn’t comment.

“They’re already on their way here, anyway what’s the thing with the son?”

“I don’t have anything. Not even a photo. Or a birth certificate. It is just simply stated that Kim Donghee has one son. I can’t even check how old he is.”

“Why is that? Do you think he had him out of marriage?”

“Who cares about that in this day and age?” Changkyun muttered, he sat down across his computer again. The two boys paused as Kihyun finally picked up.

“Hyung!” Jooheon didn’t even say hi, he simply raised a photo of Wonwoo to the screen.

“Who is this?” He demanded, Kihyun paused, his eyes squinted on the screen.

“Isn’t that Jeon Wonwoo?”

“We hate him.” Jooheon stated, Kihyun’s eyes went to Changkyun, clearly waiting for an explanation.

“He’s pretty close with Jungah, they kind of grew up together. His father, chairman Jeon is good friends with her father.”

“Ah, that explains why he’s casual with her.” Changkyun replied, Jooheon rolled his eyes and tossed Wonwoo’s photo away.

“Why? Is he back in town?” Kihyun was grinning, clearly interested.

“He was away?”

“For work, yes. But, this guy,” The older male chuckled and sat up.

“This guy, what?” Jooheon made a face, Changkyun began typing in his computer again.

“He’s always had a thing for her, but he never asks her out. I’m confused.” Kihyun chuckled from the other end.

“A thing?”

“He’s always liked Jungah, ever since they were young. Both families are aware of that, and I think they approve. Well, what’s not to approve?”

“Even attorney Hwang knows?” Jooheon asked the male.

“Yes, he does.”

“And, do you approve of him, older cousin?” Changkyun asked him, he looked up from his computer.

“I do, not that it matters. Jungah will like what she likes.” He jokingly said.

“Anyway, any news on that mayoral candidate? I’ll be home by next week.”

“Nothing, not even his son.” Jooheon stated with a sigh.

“What about his phone records? Banking movements?” Kihyun spoke, shifting back to his “job”.

“Minhyuk hyung’s checking on that, and we have his phone records. But, so far nothing. I’m still trying to access this messaging app that he uses.”

“Okay, call me if you get something from the banks.”

 

 

 

Minhyuk grunted as the foot of a chair hit him on the back, he turned his head and yanked the chair towards him, and then with an annoyed smile he kicked the man’s groin.

“Why do we have to deal with this ourselves?” He muttered as he kicked the chair away, he looked over at Wonho was in the process of pinning a man down on the wall.

Minhyuk glanced around, about thirty minutes ago, everything was going well in this club, people were drinking and dancing. Simply just having fun.

But these men with huge facial tattoos swooped in an created a havoc. It had become such a big mess that he and Wonho had to step in.

“We’re still needed at the manor, hyung.” Minhyuk stated as their men took care of the troublemakers. Wonho was about to reply when one of the males dropped a Ziploc bag on the floor.

Wonho’s gaze went towards it, assuming it was just another packet of illegal substances, but no.

“Minhyuk-ah.” Wonho swallowed as he leaned down to pick up the bag, the other male walked over to him and even under the dim lights of the club, he could recognize Jungah’s smiling face on the photo.

“Isn’t..this at her workplace? Are…they already tailing her?” Wonho blurted out, the two made their way towards the doors.

“Take care of them. We need to get things out of them, take them to the house.” Minhyuk said to his men.

“I don’t know if it’s fortunate that she wasn’t photographed with any of us.” Wonho muttered as they got inside the car, the Suburban sped away from the building.

“Lee Daecheol and Hong Daeshik know nothing, Shownu hyung had the police pick them up the other day.” Minhyuk stated.

“But, I don’t understand. Why Jungah? She didn’t even know that we’ve been working with her father.” Wonho frowned as he leaned back on his seat.

“Exactly. This won’t sit well young master Yoo.” Minhyuk shook his head.

“I think it’s that Kim Donghee person.”

“The politician? But why would he want to get his hands dirty? The election’s coming up, hyung.”

Wonho shook his head and looked at the windows.

“He must want something. And he thinks Jungah is the easier target, I mean..compared to the rest of us.”

 

 

 

Jungah stared at the man’s photo, confused but also uninterested.

“So, you’re saying….the person who sent information about me..to this group chat for criminals was traced to his office?”

“Group chat for criminals?” Minhyuk mused as he sat down beside her, the group was at the living room.

“Hit me up on Kakao.” She mused at him as she leaned back and crossed her legs.

“Do you know him?”

“No. But he looks familiar, is he…a celebrity?” She asked as she hooked arms with Minhyuk and leaned her head against his shoulder, Jooheon smiled at the girl.

“No. He’s someone running for mayor. And, he’s probably the one looking for you.” Shownu said, he was standing by the windows, drink in hand.

“Me? Why? Does he think I’m running for mayor too?”

Wonho stifled a laugh, Changkyun sighed at the girl.

“It may mean more than that, princess. It could be that he’s trying to get you, so that he..could get to us.” Minhyuk patted her hand, she let out a yawn and nodded.

“So that’s why you have me guarded and all?”

“Exactly.” Jooheon said, the girl made a face at the screen and shook her head.

“I really don’t know him, oppa. I don’t even understand what he wants from me. Maybe, he think I’d be a good campaign manager?” She offered, wanting them to lighten up.

“Not helping.” Hyungwon said to her, she rolled her eyes at the male.

Jooheon shook his head at her, the girl puffed her cheeks and stood up. Shownu watched as she made her way towards the counter and poured herself a cup of tea.

“Kim Donghee, right?” She said as she walked towards the older male, Shownu nodded back at her.

“I’m pretty sure my father doesn’t even know that man. And I don’t really like to dwell on the possibility that he might be after me so that he could come after you guys,” She quietly spoke as the other discussed behind them.

“That is the biggest possibility, Jungah.” Shownu replied, she frowned and scrunched her nose.

“But, One Dot oppa, can…we make a deal?”

Shownu paused, but he nodded back at her.

“I promise to always keep my phone on me, and I will pick up calls from you guys, but you have to be a little bit nicer to my friends.”

“Nicer?” Shownu replied, the girl smiled at him.

“I was worried you’d pummel Wonwoo to the ground earlier.”

“Is that how you see me, Jooheon’s princess?” Shownu put his drink down, she chuckled softly.

“No, but you..you can be a bit intimidating when you want to. Sometimes, you look mean too.”

Shownu remained quiet, letting the girl speak.

“But I know you’re not mean.” She finished.

“Why? You want to keep him interested?”

Jungah blinked at him, and then she chuckled.

“I don’t think it’s like that with him, oppa. We’re just good friends, and I’ve known him since we were kids.”

“I~” Shownu paused when the girl suddenly leaned over to straighten his tie, his nose was almost touching the top of her head.

“So, do we have a deal?” She looked up, unbothered by their proximity.

“Whoa, I have choices?” He replied, his lips quirking up slightly.

“Of course, you do. If you don’t agree, you can just have the other Dots check on me.”

“No, they never say no to you. So, deal.” Shownu replied, Jungah laughed and pulled away from him.

“Good thinking, oppa.” She mused, and then Jooheon spoke up.

“Jungah-ya, want to go home now? I can drive you.” He offered, Jungah turned to the older male. Shownu nodded back at her as he picked up his drink again.

“Yes, please, baby Joo.”

“Baby Joo?” Hyungwon repeated as he looked at her.

“I don’t think I can call you Baby Chae.”

“Don’t. Please don’t.”

“Baby Chae.” She cooed at him, Hyungwon shuddered and left the room.

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++