012

What's Your Secret?

 

 

 

“I spent a portion of my precious Friday night watching them beat up that drug dealer dude, and now I have to meet up with them on a Saturday morning.” Jungah muttered from the backseat of the Range Rover, her two guards smiled to themselves.

“Is it really that bad, hyungnims? What would they want with me? It’s not like I have access to whatever the Dots are doing.” She pointed out as they reached the black iron gates, she watched as it slowly opened.

“Dots?”

“The seven young masters. One Dot, Two Dots, Three Dots, Kihyun oppa and~ you know.” She sighed, and then her brows rose, realizing that the manor actually had a garden.

“CanI look around before seeing them? I’m pretty sure they’re busy.” She said, the car stopped and without waiting for answer she hopped down.

“Actually, young miss,” One of the guards kept pace with her as she crossed the bridge over a huge pond, she looked at the fishes, realizing they were Koi.

“You have access.”

The girl paused and looked at him.

“What?”

“You have access on everything; the young masters arranged it that way so that you may reach them anytime.” He explained as they approached the swimming pools, Jungah eyed the water warily.

“Are they trying to mask the fact that they have a full on armory inside this property that would make a police station seem insignificant? What’s the pool for? Birthday parties?” She muttered, the guard smiled and shook his head. Jungah reached the garage doors and stared at the flat metal surface. She chewed on her lower lip and pressed her palm against, there was a soft click and the garage doors started going up.

“Jungah, hello!” Wonho appeared from behind one of the cars, she smiled at the older male and the guard excused himself.

“Jooheon did mention you’d be joining us today. Are you okay? I heard about what happened with Lee Daecheol last night.” He continued as he gestured for the girl to walk with him.

“I should be asking that, how is he? Is he still..breathing?” Jungah asked, Wonho smiled and simply offered his arm to her. The girl made a face at him before hooking arms.

“Everyone’s already here, we’re meeting at Hyungwon’s office.” He said as they reached another set of doors, Wonho pressed his palm on the sensor and it opened.

“What? Lee Daecheol?” Kihyun’s voice echoed throughout the room, Jungah paused, and looked around.

“That’s what happened, we were there. Don’t worry, she’s fine.” Changkyun murmured as he continued typing on his laptop, Jungah looked at the screen, Kihyun was staring down at her from the huge TV screen in the middle of the room.

“Hey, oppa.”

“What did I say about going out so late at night? And, did you forget what’s happening, right now?” He demanded, Hyungwon glanced up from the counter, he was assembling one of his AK 47s.

“You didn’t say anything.” She shrugged as she set her purse down, Wonho chuckled.

“Look what happened, that man~”

“I know, some big time businessman, right?” She asked, Changkyun looked at her with raised brows.

“Who happens to…sell drugs, that’s his business. Respect the hustle.” She pointed out, Kihyun hissed at her.

“Okay, okay. It was an unplanned thing, Haerin wanted to go out and I couldn’t say no. But, Joo and Changkyun arrived.” She argued back.

“What if they weren’t there?” Kihyun shot back, Jooheon and Shownu walked in the room. The younger male gave Jungah a big wave.

“Isn’t that why you forced me to save your phone numbers? I could call…the guy with the guns or..Son Hyunwoo.” She shrugged, Minhyuk grinned at the girl.

“Whoa, you call him by his name?”

“I don’t think he prefers One Dot.” She replied, Kihyun sighed and ended the call. Jungah shrugged and walked to where Hyungwon was.

“What are you up to?”

“Cleaning.” He replied, Jungah picked up one of the pistols and unhooked its magazine, Hyungwon looked at her.

“You know your guns.” He commented, Junagh shook her head.

“Not really, but this seems loaded.” She said as she pointed it at the wall, Hyungwon grimaced and took it from her.

“Someone take her away from here!” He hollered, Jungah grinned and put it down.

“Am I in big trouble?” She asked him, she glanced back at the table, realizing that most of them were wearing black.

“No. But there might be changes and you probably won’t like them.” Hyungwon said, she made a face at him and went back to the table. Jungah plopped down and sat between Minhyuk and Wonho.

“Here’s what we’re sure of.” Changkyun spoke as photos of Lee Daecheol and Hong Daeshik appeared on the screen.

“It’s been confirmed that there are some…elements trying to look into us. There have been attempts to hack into Wonho hyung’s office and the Kim and Chang’s offices too.” Changkyun continued, Jungah pressed her lips together.

“Also, last night, Lee Daecheol claimed that people have been looking into her. Jungah noona.”

“No source yet?” Minhyuk asked, the younger male nodded back.

“I’ve put out some of our men to check around, but as of now nothing yet. And, another thing,” Changkyun looked worried,he ran his fingers through his hair befpre speaking, Jungah felt his gaze on her.

“Lee Daecheol and Hong Daeshik’s phones…your photos were saved in there, noona. And I did check their messaging apps, they shared it with a lot of their contacts.”

Jooheon slowly shook his head, Wonho let out a breath and turned to her.

“Told you, changes.” Hyungwon said to her, Jungah made a face at him.

“First,” Shownu finally spoke.

“Since we already have people looking into what’s happening, we still don’t know why they’re suddenly interested in us. And we still haven’t located some of our shipments.” He continued.

“Jungah already has enough guards at her place, but I still…have doubts. It’s not a part of our territory and, if we add more men it might attract attention.” Minhyuk said.

“Then she should move here.” Jooheon spoke as he leaned on the table, Hyungwon grinned at the girl, seeing her reaction.

“This is like a forty minute drive to my workplace. No.” She shook her head, Shownu looked at her.

“Jungah, no offense, but your place~”

“Oppa, please. I don’t like being late and having to wake up early is not exactly enticing.” She frowned at Minhyuk, the older male sighed at her.

“We’ll look for a way. You don’t have to move.” Shownu stated not wanting to argue with the girl, Jungah smiled at him.

“The shipments? It might be dangerous if they fall on the wrong hands.” Wonho asked as he drummed his fingers on the table.

“But, young masters,” She spoke in a small voice, they all looked at her.

“Don’t call us that.” Minhyuk chuckled and mussed her hair.

“What shipments? Are those…illegal stuff too?”

“No, it’s mostly our items. Hyungwon’s things and, our police force isn’t allowed to purchase certain…pieces for their armory, so we are the ones who ship them in for the government. In return, they help us.” Wonho explained to her, Jooheon nodded along.

“But sometimes they need our help too. Most times they need us more than we need them.” Hyungwon hummed as he fiddled with an army knife.

“Oh, okay. I’m going to let you….weirdos finish that. I’ll be at the kitchen, where it’s safe and away from Chae Hyungwon.” She muttered before leaving the room.

“What way are we talking about? I don’t think she’d ever move here.” Minhyuk spoke to the leader.

“Right, she’s bound to drive her guards crazy.” Hyungwon mused.

“We have to personally check on her.” Shownu replied, and then he looked at the screen again, he grew confused.

“I saw that guy last night. He was waiting for her.” Jooheon rolled his eyes.

“Hyung, I’d look at you weirdly too if I see you randomly jumping over walls.” Changkyun commented, Wonho tilted his head.

“We got to noona’s place first last night to install her security system, we didn’t have the keys so Jooheon hyung decided to break in. Her friend, Jeon Wonwoo, son of Jeong Banking Group, two years younger than noona, stopped him.”

Minhyuk and Wonho chuckled, hearing about the male’s details, Changkyun already ran a check on him.

“Do you have his blood type too?” Wonho mused, Changkyun rolled his eyes at him.

“You ran a check on him?” Shownu spoke.

“I did. I didn’t like the way he looked.” Changkyun said with a shrug, Jooheon nodded with him.

“Why was he there at that hour?” Minhyuk asked, Wonho stared at the photo, the male seem familiar.

“I don’t know, he probably likes her. They’ve known each other since they were kids.”

 

 

 

“What happened? Who were those guys?” Haerin quietly asked as she walked with Jungah back to their office, the day was about to end and they also had just finished their meeting with the other department managers.

“W-What?”

“The other night, the ones who helped us. The other one looked familiar, wasn’t that the handsome one who proposed to you at the cafeteria?” Haerin winked at her, Jungah sighed at the girl.

“That…he’s a friend, don’t misunderstand.” She hummed at her, they reached their office and headed for their seats.

“But, what kind of friends have you been meeting up with recently? They even have you driven around with that expensive SUV.”

Jungah glanced at her phone, it was Wonwoo. She smiled, remembering that she had made plans to grab dinner with him.

“Well,”

“And, I think you should know there’s been rumors going around. About you, unnie.”

“What? What rumors?” Jungah blinked at the girl, she was brushing her hair.

“Some of our workers noticed that you haven’t been driving yourself to work lately. You’re often seen being dropped off by these sports cars and their…well, handsome drivers.”

“Handsome?” Jungah wanted to laugh, but she paused. The handsome part wasn’t a rumor though, her Dots were handsome. She smiled to herself.

“They think you’re…you know.”

“What?” She stood up and gathered her things

“I don’t know how to say it,” Haerin murmured as she followed her out of their office.

“Just say it,” Jungah sighed at her as they got inside the elevator.

“They think you’re being some…sort of , unnie.”

Jungah halted, her brows went up, way up, Haerin grew confused as she saw the older girl smile.

“Unnie, maybe you~”

“Like a sugar baby? Me?” Jungah mused, Haerin groaned and shook her head.

“It’s not funny, unnie.”

“It is quite funny, but those guys….are like..family. I can’t get rid of them. Ever.” Jungah didn’t know how to describe them really.

“Family?”

The doors opened again, they were already at the basement, Haerin raised her keyfob and her car lit up.

“Well, I~”

“Noona!”

The two women turned, Jungah smiled at Wonwoo and then she saw a flash of yellow and black driving towards them, she paused.

Haerin noticed the two men who have been tailing her friend step away, she tilted her head.

“Who are those, unnie?”

“Ah, my sugar daddies.” Jungah mused, Haerin sighed at her words.

Wonwoo watched as the girl walked towards the two cars that just arrived.

“We were calling you,” Shownu spoke as he stepped down from the car, Haerin stared at the male.

“Wow.” She murmured to herself.

“Oh, I was in a meeting. Sorry.” She grinned, Jooheon appeared from his car and walked up to the girl.

“How was work, princess?” He spoke, and then he noticed the girl’s friend.

“We meet again.” Jooheon smiled at her, Haerin could only nod back.

“Noona?” Wonwoo spoke again, Shownu’s eyes went to him, his brows rose.

“Is this the other way you mentioned? I had Wonho oppa at my gate early this morning.” Jungah stood on her toes and gently held on to the sleeve of his jacket as she whispered. Wonwoo paused at the girl’s closeness with the male.

“Yes.” Shownu nodded at her, she smiled and pulled away.

“It’s a little overbearing, but it’s better than having to move.” Jungah said.

“Let’s get going?” Wonwoo said to her, placing one hand on her back, Jooheon pursed his lips and glared at the male.

“Are you heading out?” Jooheon spoke, not masking his annoyance.

“For dinner. Don’t worry, it’s just nearby.”

Wonwoo looked at the males again.

“Ah, oppa this is Wonwoo, a friend.” Jungah said as he gestured to the younger male.

“Wonwoo, this is Jooheon and Hyunwoo oppa. They’re my cousin’s…friends.” She introduced them, Shownu nodded and stretched his hand. Wonwoo shook the older male’s hand.

“Nice to meet you.”

“I’ll see you tomorrow, princess.” Jooheon turned around and headed for his car, not wanting to say hi.

“He’s not…in the best mood. Take care.” Shownu spoke to her, Jungah nodded back before raising her fist to him. Shownu paused, Jungah’s two guards glanced at each other, amused.

“Drive safely.” She said, the older male bumped fists with her.

“Don’t stay out too late.” He stated before getting inside his Audi, Jungah rolled her eyes in reply but she watched as the two cars left.

Haerin gave her a long look before also leaving herself, Jungah faced Wonwoo.

“Your cousin’s friends seems very…worried about you, noona.” He said as they walked to his car.

“You know Yoo Kihyun, he’s like that sometimes.” She said as the male opened the door for her.

 

 

 

Hyungwon loosened his tie as he got inside his office, he had just finished a conference meeting and he was hungry.

He was about to sit down when his phone started ringing, his brows rose, seeing Changkyun’s name.

“What is it?”

“I just got something, where are you, hyung?”

“I’m still at the office, why? Is it bad?” Hyungwon sat down and leaned back on his seat.

“I’m not sure. I called Shownu hyung, he went out to check on Jungah noona, but she has other plans tonight, so,”

“What is it?”

“It’s about her. I think I just found out who has been trying to get to her, hyung.”

“What?” Hyungwon grew alarmed.

“I went through the chatrooms in Lee Daecheol’s office and traced each number and user IDs. One ID seemed odd to me, so I ran another check on it.”

“Did you trace it?”

“I did. But it’s worrying, hyung.”

“What?” Hyungwon stood up, he grabbed his coat and made his way out of his office.

“The number, it’s owned by someone who works for a certain Kim Donghee.”

“Why does that name sound familiar?” Hyungwon muttered as he got in the elevator.

“He’s been making himself known lately, he’s been campaigning, and appearing on TV for months now.”

“That guy running for mayor, right.” The older male replied, the doors closed before them and he exhaled.

“What does he want with Jungah? What…does he want from us?”

“I’m not sure, I tried calling noona’s guards, they’re not picking up.” Changkyun murmured, Hyungwon reached his car and quickly slid in.

“But, about this Kim Donghee, do you have other details on him?”

“I did a quick check, I can barely find anything on him, maybe it’s because it’s campaign season. But he has one son.”

“A son?” Hyungwon said as he drove away from the building.

“I’ve been trying to find out his name for an hour now, still nothing. Maybe we should check on her again?”

Hyungwon nodded and slowed to a stop as he reached a crossing.

“What would a mayoral candidate want with Jooheon’s princess?”

“I don’t know, but, it’s safe to assume he probably wants something from us too, why would he touch noona?”

“If he touches her, that means he wants to be destroyed.” Hyungwon mused, knowing Kihyun, he will do something about it.

“Still, it’s alarming.”

“I’ll call her guards, I can check on her on my way home. Make sure we get something on the son.”

 

 

 

Jungah glanced around the restaurant as soon as she was seated, Wonwoo was smiling at her.

“Why?”

“You seem really popular lately, noona. Should I be worried?” He jokingly said, the girl snorted and picked up the menu.

“What should we get? Do you think they still served the pasta dish we used to get when we were kids?” She asked as she browsed through the menu with a small smile on her face, Wonwoo couldn’t help but stare at the girl.

“Right, we haven’t been here in a while.”

She hummed back, still concentrating on the list of food.

“But, noona, those guys,” Wonwoo spoke again, the girl looked at him before calling for the waiter.

“Are…you going out with one of them? Or…are they trying to?”

“It’s not like that.”

“Really? If they one of them does ask you out? Will you say yes?” Wonwoo said with a teasing smile on his face, but he really just wanted to find out.

“Hmm, maybe? They’re all so pretty.” She laughed, the waiter arrived and Jungah started ordering.

“But dating one of those guys would just make the Yoos super happy, you know. Marrying one of the family’s close friends, I’m kind of against that.” She mused, Wonwoo wasn’t sure if the girl was joking.

“Against?”

Jungah laughed and shook her head, and then the girl paused as a tall male suddenly joined their table, she leaned back on her seat.

“Am I late? Sorry.” He was smiling as he ed his coat, Jungah turned to Wonwoo, confused.

“Oh, right, noona, I forgot to mention. This is my cousin.” Wonwoo said, Jungah slowly nodded back and looked at the newcomer.

“This is Kim Rowoon, Rowoon-ah, this Jungah noona.”

Rowoon turned his gaze to her and he smiled before stretching his hand to the girl.

“Nice to meet you, I’ll call you noona too. Wonwoo might hurt me if I don’t.” He said lightly as he leaned towards her, Jungah grew amused and shook his offered hand.

“He might.” She replied, Wonwoo shook his head at them.

“Do you two work together? Or, are you into something else?” Jungah asked him, Rowoon chuckled before replying.

“I work with him, but I think I may have to leave for a bit, noona.”

“Really? Why?” Jungah asked, their wine was being served and the girl examined her glass.

“It’s something that ticks him off sometimes,” Wonwoo mused at his cousin.

“What? Talking about work? Oops.” Jungah apologetically said, Rowoon shook his head with a smile.

“No, it’s not that. My father’s running again.”

“Running? To where?” Jungah was confused, Wonwoo smiled at her.

“Rowoon’s father is running for mayor on the next elections, noona.”

“Oh, wow.” Jungah looked at Rowoon again, their food was already being served.

“It’s not something to wow about, it’s a bit of a hassle. I don’t like having eyes on me.” Rowoon muttered, Jungah nodded along.

“I..hope your father wins then, Rowoon-ah.” She said, a little helpless, the two younger males laughed at her reply.

“You don’t have to say that, noona. But, thanks. I see why Wonwoo was so adamant about introducing you to family.”

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++