About Time

Game Players, Love Players

A/N: Sorry for the long wait. No excuses.

 

 

YURI

 

“I believe we’re done with consolidated financial….”

 

As much as I wanted to focus on our professor, I can’t. Just remembering the look on her face, the things she not dare say but was clearly reflected on her beautiful eyes, makes my heart ache. I admit it now, I really like Yoona or maybe more, but there are a lot of things to consider before we can be together. First, our families might not be open with same relationship. Definitely not my father. I can still remember how he despised and mocked Boa-unnie behind her back. I can’t stand it. And because of this, our relationship, if we will ever be in, will forever be a secret. It means I cannot stop other persons, man or woman, from courting Yoona. And I’m a very jealous person. Tiffany knows that. At the thought of her, I felt Tiffany nudge my side, mouthing something.

 

“Your turn on board” she stealthily slides her solution to me to save my face from humiliation. Damn, what am I going to do without her.

 

After class, I still think about Yoona. Should I or should I not give in to my feelings.

 

“Yoona!” I heard Tiffany said. I immediately looked around to see her line of sight but I saw her looking at me amusingly.

 

“You really have to fix that. You don’t want to lose everything. Choose now Yuri.”

 

“What are you talking about?” I’m not ready yet. I will not admit it. I want Yoona to hear it first. I should atleast give her that privilege.   

 

“Okay, I’ll stop being your mother and start being your bestfriend. Tell me when you feel like it. Let’s eat?” she gives me that eye smile. I personally think it’s her most lethal weapon aside from her overflowing sweetness. I heard my phone beeped, it was Kahi-unnie. After reading her message, I think I’ll have my chance tonight.

 

 

 

YOONA

 

“That’s it for today. See you next week class. Ms. Im, please stay for a while?”

 

I thought I can finally have some break from all this boring lectures, but clearly I thought wrong.

 

“Yoona-yah, is there something wrong?”

 

 I know I like her as a teacher but that doesn’t give her the right to ask me questions, not to be rude of course.

 

“Nothing Ms. Go. I was just really sleepy. I’m sorry.” I hope she accepts the alibi already. I can hear her blabber something but my mind drifts away. Back to how it all started, only to be confused because I really don’t know how and when it all started. It has been a roller-coaster ride.

 

“Are we clear, Yoona?”

 

“Yes Ma’am” I was pulled back to reality upon hearing my name. We went out of the room and I decided to go home. Earlier I was overly thinking of what’s happening between me and Yuri when Ms. Go suddenly called me for recitation. Good thing I was able to elaborate the single line that I read from glancing at my seatmate’s open book.

 

I totally do not understand her. One moment she’s so into me. Flirting, saying cheesy words, doing sweet gestures. And then she’ll be this cold, non-caring, uptight person that I don’t know. She’s driving me crazy, in both good and bad way.

 

Really annoying. “Ahh chincha!” I don’t want to think about it anymore.

 

YURI

 

I should do it today. Tiffany’s right. I have to choose now or I might loose her. I don’t want that to happen. But am I really ready to take this responsibility? Because I know I have to commit myself to her and by doing so, it means giving everything you have. Atleast that's how it is for me. I should really stop thinking of her. But the scent of dark lilies keeps my mind from doing so. I know that scent. It can only be her.

 

“Ahh chincha!” That voice. Ow there she is. Probably making her way to their apartment as well. Without even realizing it, I found myself smiling, excited to be with her. I didn’t call her. I walk behind her back just five steps away thinking of how to approach her. I really want to do a backhug but she might thought I’m a ert and it will be scandalous. I can do this.

 

 

YOONA

 

I checked my phone if there’s anything interesting but there s none. I was about to put it back when someone bumped into me. I seriously should pay attention to my surroundings.

 

“Mianheyo.” That voice! No! I’m probably thinking of her again. I faced the culprit and find her smiling playfully at me.

 

“Are you okay Miss?” I don’t know what she wants now but I’ll play along.

 

“Im. Im Yoona.” I slightly massage my shoulder where she bumped me.

 

“Are you sure? Maybe it’s better if I send you home. Let me help you with that.” She reached for my things but I continued walking.

 

“Really, it’s fine.” I stepped outside the gates and into the streets. Our apartment is just five minutes away from the campus. I felt her hands hold my elbow and slowly push me to the safe side of the road. I wish she can hold my hand.

 

“I should walk you home. Just to be sure. How can a princess go home alone?” she said pinching my cheeks slightly. Truthfully I don’t like being called a princess. Jessica will appreciate it more than I do. But I do appreciate the pinch. I look at her hand again hoping she gets the hint.

 

“Am I getting too cheesy for my own good?” she said awkwardly scratching the back of her head, grinning.

 

I can feel the urge to pinch her cheeks too or even hug her, but I hold back. She’s definitely not a touchy person. She won’t like it or misinterpret it even. I was able to contain this loving feeling that is wanting to burst. We reached our apartment without even noticing it.

 

“Unnie!” I heard Krystal squealed. “I’m glad your back! I have no one to play. Sica unnie is sleeping as usual. Ow you brought Yuri unnie with you.”

 

“Hi Krystal.” She simply muttered avoiding her eyes. What could have happened between these two?

 

“I didn’t bring her. She came along on her own.”

 

 

YURI
 

For the past few weeks I’ve been hanging out in their apartment just doing nothing. But now, I feel like I’m not welcome in this apartment anymore. She makes me feel unwanted. No. What was I thinking? She’s just telling the truth.

 

“Kahi invited me. She wants help on something.” That’s the only thing I can say before the mood gets awkward.

 

“Yuri-baby!! Thanks for coming. Guys, I’ll have Yuri first okay.” Kahi dragged me down to her room without saying a thing.

 

“What do you need me for?” I settled in her study table waiting for her to explain. She then dumped what looks like a bunch of exam papers waiting to be checked.

 

“You asked me to come here to check essays?”

 

“Pabo! Look closely.” I looked at the papers again and it turned to be receipts, expenses, etc. for liquidation.

 

“This is going to be a long afternoon.”

 

 

And I was right, I don’t know how many hours it has been. I didn’t see any sign of Yoona. Krystal was there to atleast joke around. It was funny but still awkward. Jessica came around to say hi but Yoona never did. It was finally time for me to go home. I was hoping to get a glimpse of her before I go but she’s not there. Instead, Krystal insisted on walking me out the block.

 

“Hmmm you we’re expecting her to send you home, weren’t you?” after walking a few meters she asked.

 

“Yes.”

 

 

YOONA

 

“Don’t go outside.” Jessica stopped me. Knowing Yuri is just outside the door, I can’t settle down. I want to be with her every chance I get. But they said this will be better.

 

“Yuri’s treating you like this because she knows you’ll always be there for her.” She explained.

 

“I think it’s the same with you and Tiffany, yet you don’t practice what you preach unnie.” Without waiting for her response, I walked out of the room looking for Yuri. Seeing nothing, I assumed she already went home. I walked out the door and run towards the end of the block seeing her and Krystal.

 

 

YURI

 

“But it’s okay. I can see her next time.” I said. Krystal give me a weird look as if weighing what I said. I avoided her gaze and saw Yoona running. I immediately felt happy. My heart beats crazily and it takes a lot of effort to not run to her and wrap my arms around her.

 

 But it  confuses me when she suddenly stopped, teary-eyed, as if realizing she shouldn’t be here.

 

“Hey, are you okay.” I close the gap between us and look at her face which she keeps hiding. Instead of feelling comforted, she started crying. It pains me to see her cry like that. Not the wailing type of cry but silent sobbing, making it hard for her to breathe. I tried hugging her but she keeps pushing me away.

 

“Sorry for butting in. But I think she’s been hurting because she doesn’t know what to make of your relationship with her. You are giving her mixed signals and she thinks she’s nothing to you unnie.” Suddenly, I’m thankful Krystal is there.

 

Then it hit me. How hard she'd gone through, loving me. “Shhh stop crying, Yoong.” I wipe her tears which keeps flowing. “You have to understand I am a very obedient daughter. Stupidly obedient. I always follow my father’s rules. After school I have to go straight to home. I’m not even allowed to sleep over. But I have broken all of that atleast once since I met you.”

 

I wipe her tears again and hug her tightly not caring who might actually see. “Do you think I will spend my time hanging out in your apartment doing nothing when you didn’t mean anything to me?” I feel her jerked, probably surprised. I hold her face with both hands. “Yoona, you are very special to me.”

 

 

 

 

“Oh well…” I heard Krystal said.

 


Crappy? Oh well....please comment guys. if you hate me comment. if you like the update, comment. if you don't like it, comment.

Whatever it is that you thought after reading the chapter, comment. I love to hear from you. Sorry to keep you waiting.