Dilemna

Game Players, Love Players

YOONA’s POV

 

“Ottoke who did this to her?”

 

“Lee Donghae!!!” *Bammm

 

Argggg what’s all this noise so early in the morning?

 

I opened my eyes, looked around and saw Kahi-unnie with her cousin Yuri and Sooyoung staring at me.

 

‘Again? Why do they like to bother me?’

 

I get up groggily and rub my eyes.

 

“Aaaahhh!!! Who did this?”

 

I was so shocked to see that words, drawings etc. are written on my feet in blue permanent ink. I felt like crying. It will be so hard to remove all this. I looked at the possible culprits which is Yuri and Sooyoung.

 

“Aniyo. They did not do it Yoona. Donghae did. And right now Hana and the others are punishing him.” Kahi defended them.

 

‘You’re so dead Lee Donghae’

 

“I’ll get cottons and alcohol.” Yuri said.

 

“Don’t bother. I have them.” I said but Yuri was already out.

 

‘Where is Taeyeon? I wish she’s the one here with me.’I sighed at the thought.

 

It’s not that I don’t enjoy others’ company. I just wish it was her attending to me right now. I get my own cottons and alcohol and start removing the doodles.

 

“Here’s the alcho…ohhh I see you already have them.” Yuri arrived holding alcohol and cottons but immediately stopped, looking disappointed.

 

“I tried to tell you but you already left.” I said not looking at her while still rubbing my feet. I then felt her calloused hands lifted my left foot and start rubbing it with alcohol.

 

“It’s okay. I’ll help you.” She said forcing a smile.

 

I quickly pulled my foot back because it is so embarrassing but she didn’t let it go.

 

“Aisshh… no need to be shy now Yoona. You wouldn’t want to walk around looking like Avatar.” She continued cleaning the ink on my left foot. I stopped resisting and continue cleaning my other foot.

 

“Are we invisible here Coach Kahi?” Sooyoung said teasing us. I’m not in the mood so I didn’t mind her.

 

*Bam!

 

“What happened to you?” I quickly looked up to the person who just came in and I can’t understand how I feel.

 

“Taeyeon-ah, that bastard Donghae-ssi made Yoona’s feet his canvass. Yuri is helping her remove all the marks.” Sooyoung said.

 

“Jeongmallo? Thanks Yuri!” Taeyeon also grab cotton and start to help us.

 

“Do you also want me to join you?” Sooyoung said a playful smirk in her face.

 

“Aniyo. Taeyeon, take this. You help Yoona.” Yuri suddenly handed her cotton to Taeyeon which she willingly accepts.

 

“I’m hungry. Let’s have some breakfast ShikSoo.” She said grabbing Sooyoung who ran out the door upon hearing food.

 

Before they leave the room I saw Yuri stopped for awhile at the door and looked at us.

 

‘Did she forget anything?’

 

“It’s okay baby.” I saw Kahi-unnie put her arms around her and dragged her out.

 

 

 

Later that morning……still Yoong’s POV

 

‘What should I write? I don’t think it’s very good idea writing about her. My teacher would probably freak out if she knew. Hmmm.’ I was thinking on what to put on my journal for creative writing subject when I felt someone behind me.

 

“YAH Yuri-ah!!!” I quickly closed my journal because Yuri has been reading it over my shoulders.

 

“I didn’t see anything!” Yuri quickly defended but I doubt if it’s true.

 

“Well judging from the crease on your forehead, I’m thinking you don’t know what to write.” she said.

 

“Well yeah”

 

“What is it anyway? A diary?” she tried to grab the journal from my hand looking all curious.

 

“Yah! It is not a diary. It’s just our journal for creative writing. Some stupid assignment.”

 

“Why don’t you write about your moments here in Jeju. That would be a lot.” She said teasing. This girl can really be thoughtless sometimes.

 

“I don’t think it is a good idea. Since we’re both girls remember?” I said half sarcastically.

 

“And your teacher might misunderstand. I thought it is creative writing, you can always refer to her as that person, or the one right?” well I hate to admit it but I think she got a point. And here I was thinking that she’s thoughtless.

 

“Why didn’t I think about it the first time?” I said wondering how I should present it.

 

“I guess I just have to do it next time.” I stood up and prepare to leave when Yuri took my journal in one swift motion.

 

“Well I guess for now I can borrow this.” She said holding my journal.

 

“No way!!!” I tried reaching for it but she quickly hid it behind her back. I was almost hugging her trying to reach for the journal. She quickly backed away aware of the awkward position.

 

“Ah ah ah Yoona. You’ll lend me your journal unless you want me to tell everybody what you and Jessica did in the school gym which is….”

 

“Okay okay!” I cut her off. “You told me you didn’t see anything earlier.” I pout.

 

“Aww I’m sorry Yoona but it’s a chance I can’t waste. Don’t worry I’ll return this one when I’m done.”

 

‘I can’t let her read everything.’

 

“Yuri wait! I’ll allow you to read it but you have to promise you’ll only read it up to the 10th entry. Please! Or I’ll get mad at you.”

 

I made her promise. Although there is nothing interesting on the last entries of my journal I still can’t let her see it. It is so personal that I want to keep it to myself.

 

“Tenth entry, sure.” With that she walked away with my journal.

 

“I see you’re closer to Yuri now.” I was so shocked when someone spoke behind me and from the tone of her voice I’m guessing it’s Taeyeon.

 

“Ani. She forced me to lend her my journal. That girl. Is she always like that?” I asked her thinking how Yuri is with them.

 

“And you just let her do that?” she said slightly pissed or should I say jealous? “Anyway, did you have something to do today?”

 

“Opso. Wae?”

 

“Our team has this exhibition game this afternoon. Although I can’t play I hope you can watch it with me.” Taeyeon asked hoping I’d say yes. Although I just want to be lazy today I think it’s a good idea for me to come. Besides, I’m watching it with her. I also want to see how the others play since I only noticed Taeyeon last time.

 

“I guess its fine.” I agreed. I saw how Taeyeon’s face shifted from gloomy to excited.

 

“Chincha! Thanks Yoona!” she held my hand and I felt awkward. She smiled at me and pinches my nose probably noticing my awkwardness.

 

 

TAEYEON’s POV

 

I’m beginning to get pissed with Yuri and Sooyoung’s antics. They are always interrupting my moments with Yoona since last night. Actually since we board the ferry to Jeju. Last night we are hanging out in the nearby garden and our conversation is getting serious when they suddenly appeared out of nowhere sword fighting. This morning I was about to wake Yoona up and bring her breakfast when they said it’s my turn to fold the beddings. When I finished I saw them bugging Yoona already and Yuri attending to Yoona. Good thing she let me take over after. But now she’s teasing her again and Yoona’s almost hugging her.

 

‘What’s happening in there?’

 

“I see you’re closer to Yuri now.”

 

“Ani. She forced me to lend her my journal. That girl. Is she always like that?” she looked at me but turned again to where Yuri went.

 

“And you just let her do that?” I was a bit pissed and jealous but I can’t lose my calm. I should just invite her to come with me later. “Anyway, did you have something to do today?”

 

“Opso. Wae?”

 

“Our team has this exhibition game this afternoon. Although I can’t play I hope you can watch it with me.” I’m hoping she’d say yes. Although I will not play it’s a perfect time to get back to Yuri this time.

 

“I guess its fine.” Yay! She agreed.

 

“Chincha! Thanks Yoona!” out of pure joy, I held her hand. But suddenly she blushed a little. It’s probably awkward for her. I pinched her nose to ease her awkwardness and smiled.

 

‘This is going to be fun’

 

 

 

 

 

YURI’s POV

 

My shoulder is feeling fine that’s why we agreed to have an exhibition game with the other losing team. Although Taeyeon will not be able to play, we just put Hyoyeon from shooting guard to point guard position. We’ll be playing for two quarters only.

 

“Okay guys don’t be so stressed. This is just an exhibition game. Let’s just have fun. Okay?”

 

I’m doing my usual prep talk before the game in our huddle while waiting for BoA-unnie and Taeyeon to arrive. I scanned the place and there are no audiences except for few bystanders. Usually the girls get nervous when a lot of people are watching. Well at least in Sooyoung’s case it’s true. Because I believe Hyoyeon doesn’t mind a lot of people watching her.

 

“Hey guys we’re here!” BoA-unnie walked towards us followed by Victoria? Sunny? Bora? Seohyun? Yoona and Taeyeon?!!!

 

‘WTH!! This is going to be trouble for me.’ I mentally face palm myself and quickly looked for Sooyoung. Actually I didn’t need to look for her because she’s running towards me looking like she saw a ghost.

 

“Otteoke otteoke. Yuri what am I gonna do.” she said while shaking me.

 

“Ahhhh..I..don’t…aiishh hajima!!!” I smacked her to stop her from shaking me but I was turned around by someone else.

 

“Yuri-ah! Wae? Wae?” it was Hyomin’s turn to shake me.

 

‘Whats with all the shaking?’

 

“If……you….…don’t…stop…I’ll KILL YOU TWO!!!” finally Hyomin let go of me. I’m feeling very dizzy at the moment.

 

“What’s this all about?” Hyoyeon and Amber approached us with a confused look.

 

“It’s nothing Hyoyeon. They are just getting conscious with the audience.” I said trying to focus.

 

“What are you talking about? There is no audien..ce..” Hyoyeon turned and was surprised to see all of them.

 

‘Again?’

 

“Yuri!!!! How? How? When?” to my surprise Hyoyeon is giving the same reaction as Sooyoung and Hyomin. This time it is even worst because she’s shaking me vigorously.

 

“YAH!!!!!!” I have to stop this before I get headache even before starting the game.

 

“Why don’t you just play some good basketball the way we always played? What’s the difference?” I asked them trying to put some sense in them.

 

“Bora’s watching.” “Sunny’s watching” “Seohyun’s watching” they all said together.

 

 

*Toink! Toink! Toink! Toink! Toink!

 

“What are you still talking about in there?!!!! I whistled half a minute ago. Get to your positions!” BoA-unnie gave us five a smack in the head.

 

We all heard giggles from the side court. And Taeyeon’s ahjumma laugh.

 

“Why me? What did I do wrong?” Amber said whining.

 

The game started and as expected the three of them are getting very lousy due to nervousness. They ended up passing the ball to me or Amber and the opponents read it already. But still, we managed to keep the score even.

 

*Prrrrrrrt Time out! With a minute left and the score tied, BoA-unnie called a time out.

 

“What are you three doing in there? It’s not how you play. Can’t you see that every time Yuri has the ball four opponents will automatically collapse to her? Gosh! Please help Yuri and Amber.” BoA-unnie scolded.

 

It’s true; I can’t see where I should pass the ball because the defense is suffocating me. I signaled Vic-unnie to do a ‘Fighting’ cheer for them. And she gladly complied.

 

“Sooyoungie Fighting!” “Hyominie Fighting” “Hyoyeon-nah Fighting” they all cheered the three.

 

I slapped their backs to wake them up and thankful that somehow I can see them responding.

 

“Yuri-ah Fighting” Yoona said.

 

*dugeun

*dugeun

*dugeun

 

I looked back to see Yoona with her encouraging smile. I feel like everything is in slow motion. But then I saw Taeyeon smirking, her hand holding Yoona’s arm for support. I just nod at her and turned away.

 

‘How long is she going to use her injury to get close to her?’

 

This time I was the one who is out of focus. Good thing I was heavily guarded and Hyoyeon, Hyomin and Sooyoung are playing well. This surprised the opponents as they thought the play will still be on me. We managed to win the game by a point and everyone is happy. As for me, I’m just exhausted. They decided to take a picture and chat for a while. Hyoyeon is replaying her moves to Seohyun. Sooyoung is inviting Bora to get snacks with her. Hyomin looks like she’s bursting with energy soon with Sunny. Amber, Victoria, Yoona and Taeyeon are just laughing at Hyoyeon.

 

“Unnie I’ll go ahead. My shoulder stings a bit.” I turned away not waiting for her response but she stopped me.

 

“Yuri gwenchana?” she asked worriedly. “Is it your shoulder that’s hurting or something low….?” I cut her off.

 

“Don’t know what you’re talking about unnie. And please don’t complicate things.” I did not admit anything to her so that it will be easier for me to deny it even to myself.

 

‘As long as you’re with my friend I will never admit that I like you so much that I think I love you.’

 

 

 

 


Sorry if there are errors. i'm so sleepy....Love RAIN fighting!!! Troopers are broken hearted tonight because of Yuri's kissing scene...huhuhu