Trust Me…........Stupid Game

Game Players, Love Players

“Yah Choi Sooyoung why are you so nervous? Put some color on your lips” coach shouted.

 

“It’s ok man, we can do it…we’re better than them. Relax, we’re up by 5. Let’s do your play to give you confidence.”

 

“Arasso.” Soo nervously nodded.

 

The loud cheering from the crowd can be heard when the referees blow their whistle for the game to resume.

 

“Tae you know what to do.”

 

“No problemo.” Taeyeon cockily winked.

 

Aish this shorty. I trust her though.

 

We take our positions once we saw Taeyeon’s hand signal. Tae is on the top center of the court passing the ball sideways to confuse the opponents. Once her guard was distracted, Soo quickly ran to my side of the court while I provide her screen, receive the ball from Tae and shoot the ball. 

 

“Yes!” Sooyoung exclaimed. We approached her and do a three-way hi-5.

 

Once again a loud uproar from the audience can be heard. “Prrrrrrrrrrrrtt. Half-time.” The referee said.

 

“Good job Soo. I told you we’re better than them.” I told her.

 

“Let’s crush them!” Tae said. She’s always cocky.

 

“Thanks for always believing in us captain.” Soo half-bowed to me.

 

“What’s with the formality? It’s just Yuri.” I patted her back.

 

“Nope! It’s Monster Yuri!!.” Taeyeon did her ajhumma laugh while running towards the bench.

 

“YAH!! You danshin!! Come back here.

 

 

Meanwhile, at the court beside the gym,

 

“Goo Hara! I’m glad you came! Did you see my game earlier?”

 

“Of course! You’re amazing. I can even congratulate you now for winning the championships.” Hara giggled.

 

“You pabo. Don’t say that. They might hear you. The championship will start in about 2minutes. Don’t go anywhere okay.”

 

“Sure sure” Hara move to the side together with her other friends.

 

At the middle of the match, everybody was distracted by the loud cheering and thumping from the gym and before I knew it almost half of the people watching our match was gone, including my friend Hara.

 

Chincha! Are you kidding me? This is the championship game and only few people are watching? I can’t believe those people. Table Tennis is so much fun than basketball!!! Whatever! Stupid game.

 

I quickly regained my focus and finish the match early. I didn’t give my opponent a chance to even think how to return my service because I gave her various serves that every time she tries to return it the ball just wildly fly out of the table.

 

“Game and match, champion, Unit 1, Ms. Im Yoona!” the umpire excitedly announced.

 

A loud uproar from the crowd was heard……….from the gym. Stupid game.

 

 

Back to the ball game…Yuri’s POV

 

As oppose to what we expect, our opponents are giving us a hard time. It is still 1 minute before the game ends and we’re up by only a point.

 

“Coach let’s use Hyomin.”

 

“Are you sure about that Yuri? You know Hyomin’s weakness. She can barely run the court. We need to move fast.”…coach explained. He looked to our faces and gave in. “Okay it’s up to you Yuri. But you have to take responsibility; you know what’s at stake here.”

 

“Leave it to me coach. Hyomin! Come here quickly!” I instructed her on what to do and patted her back.

 

Later in the ball game after running the court for three times I signaled Taeyeon to execute the play. The score is tied so we cannot afford to make mistakes. Again we take our positions this time Taeyeon make a cross-over move and kick-out the ball to Hyomin who stands at the three-point area. She was slightly bothered by the opponent and released the ball awkwardly. I immediately position myself for rebound, grab the ball and take the shot.

 

“Prrrrrrt. Time-out Unit 3”

 

“Nice one Yul!” Taeyeon hi-5 me and walked to the bench.

 

Last 40 seconds. We’re up by 2, but the opposing team quickly shot a three-pointer and earned a foul (A/N: a stupid teammate fouled the opponent while taking the three point shot). It completely turned the game around. We’re now down by 2.

 

I looked at the clock, last 28 seconds. We can still do this, I told Tae to do the same play.

 

“Wae?! Why are we still doing that stupid play!! She’s freaking cold from the bench. How can you trust her so much?!” Taeyeon is furious.

 

“Keep your cool Tae, just trust me. We will win this game and end this quickly. Now focus and clear your mind. Your name is not Taeyeon for nothing, keep calm.”

 

The game resumed. After a few quick passes, Taeyeon passed the ball to Hyomin, Soo gave her a screen then took the three-point shot. It was a bit strong, the ball bounced on the ring and I immediately grabbed the rebound. I planned to take the shot but dribbled the ball out instead as I was heavily guarded, I passed it to Taeyeon only for her to pass it back to me. I did my cross-over move, the defense automatically collapsed to me. At the corner of my eye I saw Hyomin in her best position. I faked the shot and passed the ball to her. She took the three-point shot and it went in just as the buzzer beats.

 

“Woohoo!! We won Yuri! We won! I did it. We did it!!” Hyomin was ecstatic. She winked at me and I just nod at her. I know she can do it. Somebody just needs to trust her.

 

Everybody was pulled into a hug: players, fans, coaches, but I noticed one thing. Where is Kim Taeyeon?

 

Outside the gym…

 

Yoona is sleepily walking towards the gate when she was shocked by the sudden loud cheering from the gym.

 

“Pffffft…stupid game” then she saw a familiar figure coming out of the gym.

 

“YAH!! GOO HARA!! Why did you left at the middle of the match?” she pouted. “I could have lost.” Yoona said sulkily.

 

“Ow Yoona mianhe. I was just excited to see my crush do her amazing dribbling skills. You should have seen her. She’s so good.”

 

“SHE? Are you out of your mind? Gah! Whatever. Are you comi….YAHH GOO HARA”

 

Yoona shout at her friend who’s already running after a short girl in a basketball jersey.

 

“Stupid game. Stupid players. Ahh pabo! Pabo! ” She sulked.