Yoona's Realization

Game Players, Love Players

After another few hours, the players arrived in Jeju. They had breakfast and prepared for the parade. The basketball team is busy taking group pictures. Yuri, Taeyeon and Hyoyeon are goofing around like kids, laughing carelessly with each other’s dorkiness.(A/N: Taeyeon and Yuri are still good friends though Taeyeon still considers Yuri as her rival.) The other teams are busy lining up while Yoona is just standing in the corner bored.

 

‘Let’s just get this over with. I hate walking under a blazing sun.’ Yoona thought to herself.

 

“Yoona~. Come here dongsaeng. Don’t worry I hate getting under the sun too.” Kahi offered Yoona her umbrella.

 

“Thanks unnie.” Yoona said. Kahi wants me to call her unnie instead of coach insisting that they we already that close.

 

“Look at those crazy girls. How can they still enjoy in this heat” Kahi said referring to the basketball team who is still hitting each other while standing in line. Yuri hit Taeyeon’s cap. Taeyeon was about to hit Yuri back but she saw Yoona looking at them so she just pout and act cute. This cause the team to burst out laughing and Yuri to more.

 

Yoona on the other hand is just amused with the scene. Taeyeon acting cute for her and Yuri just being her prankster self. She then felt Kahi nudged her.

 

“Yoona~ it’s not that I’m interfering but do you have a crush in anyone of them? Taeyeon in particular?” Kahi said hoping that Yoona likes Yuri rather.

 

“Unnie! Why are you asking those questions? I won’t have a crush on a girl like me, or a… ga..ay… like her. They’re just fun to be with.” Yoona said a bit defensive.

 

“I see. It’s not that bad though. Sometimes, those feelings are truer than what you feel for a guy. Let’s go! This thing is finally starting.” Kahi said changing the mood marching ahead of their team.

 

‘Me? To any of them? Taeyeon is cute of course. But to actually have a crush on her? Ugh! Let’s just fnish this thing.’
Yoona just walk not wanting to think of that thing.

 

After the parade the teams are sent to their respective rooms. Unlike during the training, the basketball team is separated from the other girl players.

 

“It’s unfair Coach! Why do we have to be separated?” Hyoyeon is complaining exceptionally strongly.

 

“It’s because issues are arising that a lot of you are hitting on other girl players, especially you Kim Hyoyeon.” BoA explained glaring at Hyoyeon who is still whining.

 

“I’m sure it s Coach Lang. He’s just jealous because the girls are into us rather than into him.” Hyoyeon continues to complain.

 

“Watch it Kim, he’s still a professor. Yuri I’ll leave the welfare of your teammates to you. I’ll be back after I get the schedule of your games.” BoA left the team whose still in a bad mood.

 

“Come on guys cheer up! We didn’t come here to flirt with girls right? And plus, where’s the fun in sharing a room with all your girls. No challenge at all. Isn’t it better to sneak in and make your move to every one of them without getting caught? Right?” Yuri said trying to at least twist the situation.

  

“I agree with Yuri. Although I always want to see my bunny it’s better to miss her than get tired of her every day.” Hyomin said slightly cheering up.

 

“Yuri your awesome! Hyoyeon I have an idea. We can meet with someone in the morning then the other one in the afternoon. Knowing you, I bet you can have another one in the evening.” Amber said talking to Hyoding who looks like a kid that was offered boxes of chocolates.

 

And just like that they settled in. Amber and Hyoyeon went to visit the other rooms obviously to flirt. Hyomin is joined by Taeyeon in the corridors probably hoping to see Sunny and Yoona. Sooyoung couldn’t care less. She’s just watching Yuri worry over their possible opponents while munching her snacks.

 

“Yah Yuri! What are you so worried about? It’s just a game.” Sooyoung asked

 

“I know. But the other teams are veterans compared to our young team. I want to at least win one game. I hope we get lucky in the draw.” Yuri explained.

 

BoA then entered the room not looking good.

 

“This is not good Yuri. It’s double elimination. You lose two games and you’re out.” BoA said trying to beat the bush.

 

“I know what it means unnie. Tell me the real thing. Who are we up against with?” Yuri said in her straight face. The other members also arrived to know who they’re playing with.

 

“First game is against the Shepherds and the second game is against the Champs.”

 

“Well, I guess we’ll have a long vacation then.” Yuri said sighing.

 

“What do you mean Yuri? How bad can it be?” Sooyoung asked confused. Yuri has been on the competition for so long to know every team. The girls’ basketball team was disbanded and was formed again after a year leaving Yuri as the lone varsity player.

 

“The Shepherds are last year’s second place. They’ve been on that place for so long and they’re very hungry for the championship. They almost got the title last year but wasn’t able to because of last minute injury. The Champs on the other hand called themselves as such because they’re champions. Since the team was formed no other team beat them. They always recruit key players from other teams giving them scholarships, luxury etc to win.” Yuri explained.

 

“Is it true that last year they tried to recruit you?” BoA asked Yuri. BoA only heard the news since she went to the states that time. Yuri sighed thinking of the happenings last year.

 

“The team was disbanded because they recruited our first five. All of them agreed except for me. Anyway, so much for this drama. We should enjoy!! We have a long vacation in Jeju! I can’t wait to go to the beach!” Yuri excitedly ran outside the room avoiding the awkward situation.

 

“I guess I just have to charge this year to experience then.” Sooyoung said suddenly losing her appetite.

 

“Still, you have to give your best guys. You cannot just charge everything to experience. You have to learn from them. Arasso?” BoA tapped Sooyoung’s shoulders looking to every member of team giving them support.

 

“Jeju beach girls here we come!” Hyoyeon suddenly yelled following Yuri outside.

 

“Hyoding…..” Hyomin, Sooyoung and Amber said. Taeyeon just face palmed herself and BoA is just plain shocked.

 

 

 

On the other room….

 

Coach Kahi is orienting her team and giving out the positions they’re playing. She approached Yoona afterwards.

 

“Yoona, you don’t have any problems playing doubles right? I heard you played doubles in high school so I assumed you can handle it well.”

 

“It’s fine with me. You should be worrying my teammate instead.” Yoona said. She is confident she can do well. She’s just worried that her teammate will mess up and she will not be able to cover her. Doubles is entirely a different game. No matter how good you are individually, when you do not have the chemistry, you can’t win.

 

“Arasso. I’ll talk with her then.” Kahi said leaving the room.

 

Yoona was left there thinking of strategies to win when she heard other girls talking.

 

“Why do they have to be separated? I miss my baby Taeyeon already.” Yoona looked at who’s talking and it was Hyuna.

 

‘Tch! She ignored the whole journey here and you call her baby?’ (yoona)

 

“I should go look for her. She’s probably looking for me too. Guys are you coming?” Hyuna and her gang leave the room.

 

‘I should get going too. I have to find my team mate to discuss our strategy.’

 

Yoona also leave the room and look for her team mate in the corridor. When she turned in the corner she saw Taeyeon and Hyuna talking to each other sweetly. They are holding each others’ hands while smiling and giggling with each other. Yoona just stood there feeling a bit jealous seeing the two very close.

 

“Ahemm looks like someone is jealous. Ahh love….why did it hurt so much.” Yoona turned to see Yuri and Sooyoung exaggerately holding their hands near their chest acting  like drama actress.

 

“Looks like Taeyeon is doing her move already. I thought she’s into you Yoona? Is she also into Hyuna?” Sooyoung asked teasing Yoona more.

 

“Or maybe she just confused Yoona to Hyuna since it sounded the same.” Yuri said giggling to her own lame joke.

 

“What are you talking about!?” Yoona said playing dumb.

 

“Oooops Taeyeon’s coming! We’re just passing thru Yoona.” Yuri suddenly said pulling Sooyoung away when they saw Taeyeon coming.

 

‘What’s wrong with those two? They keep teasing me.’ (yoona)

 

“Hi Yoona how are you?”

 

“Why do you care Taeyeon-shi?” Yoona replied a bit irritated. Taeyeon was a bit surprised at how Yoona acted. She then smiled her cute smile and look at Yoona.

 

“What are you smiling for?” Yoona scoffed annoyed at seeing Taeyeon smile.

 

“Nothing.” Taeyeon then get a little closer to Yoona, looked straight into her eyes and said.

 

 “Whatever you saw between me and Hyuna is just nothing. I will never like her because you are the only person I like Im Yoona. Remember that.” Taeyeon smiled again seeing how Yoona blushed.

 

‘Omo! I can’t be feeling this. If this is true, this will be my first time then.’ Yoona is shocked at her sudden realization but she can’t deny her feelings.

 

‘I have a crush on Kim Taeyeon! I like her!’