Chapter 24

What if Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

They might seem normal in school, acting civil, casually talking when needed but normal is far from what Seungwan is feeling.

 

Sooyoung stopped giving her kisses and hugs, they stopped flirting publicly, and they stopped hanging out during free period –student council is Sooyoung’s always excuse. Seungwan doesn’t mind, actually she does, but she’s trying to be the understanding girlfriend. It’s just that lately, Seungwan can’t hide the longingness in her eyes because Sooyoung is near and yet so far.

 

“You okay there, Wan?” Seulgi worriedly asks when she heard Seungwan’s deep sigh, as deep as the Pacific Ocean.

 

Seungwan tiredly smiles. “I’ll live”

 

“Woaw, unnie you look like a walking dead” Yerim can’t help but comment on Seungwan’s state. She sees Seungwan every day and it seems that her state is getting more worse as the day goes by.

 

“Yea” Seungwan answers dejectedly.

 

“Sooyoung-unnie is still not talking to you?”

 

Seungwan flashed a tight-lipped smile. “We talked, we just don’t talk about that”

 

“The packed lunched isn’t helping?” Seulgi can’t help but ask because she saw the scowl on her best friend’s face.

 

Seungwan sighs deeply again. “I don’t think so”

 

After telling her problems to Yerim and Seulgi the duo concluded that she did really screw up and they immediately suggested different ways of apologizing, some grand (thank you Yerim) while some plain (your efforts aren’t wasted Seulgi). But it was Seungwan who came up with the idea to make packed lunch for Sooyoung every day, and since Seungwan is the personification of kindness, she decided to make packed lunch for everyone, yes that includes Joohyun, Seulgi and Yerim.

 

Today marks the fifth day of Seungwan bringing them packed lunch. Its already been five days but Sooyoung is still giving her the cold shoulders.

 

“Is her heart made of stone?” Yerim shakes her head. “I mean even if it is, there’s no way those sweet cookies weren’t able to break that stone heart of hers”

 

The other reason that Seungwan looks like walking dead–Yerim’s words–is because she’s been waking up at dawn to bake cupcakes, cookies, or other sweet treats because what’s a meal without dessert, right?

 

“Its Sooyoung” Seulgi announced when she saw the girl walking through the door.

 

Everyone stopped and gave their attention to Sooyoung just because she can. Seungwan tries not to stare but she still steals some quick glances because she’s afraid that if she stares for too long, she might act on her longingness. The beautiful student council secretary walked pass them but not forgetting to give them a smile. Seungwan saw it as well and it almost made her want to follow Sooyoung.

 

This is Seungwan’s first relationship and her first fight with her girlfriend. She honestly doesn’t know what to do in this kind of situation, should she pull back and let Sooyoung blow off some steam or still hovers until Sooyoung forgives her? But she’s sure about one thing though, she needs to court Sooyoung and she’ll do that in her own special way.

 

“I don’t want to think about it” Seungwan answers Yerim. She smiles and lift the blue lunch bag to Seulgi. “Please?”

 

Seulgi sighs. “Don’t you think it’s better if you give this directly to her?”

 

“She doesn’t talk to me if it’s not school matters, please Seul?”

 

“Alright… alright…” Seulgi suddenly pulls Yerim to her. “But I’ll take Yerim with me”

 

“What? Why?”

 

Seulgi immediately took the lunch bag. “You take the flowers”

 

“I’m only doing this because you’re feeding me” Yerim took the bouquet of flowers from the grinning Seungwan.

 

“I love you too, Yerim-ah. Thank you”

 

 

 

//Student Council Room//

Sooyoung returned from the bathroom. Joohyun was exactly the way she left her–in her seat, typing on her laptop–the only odd thing is the blue lunch bag and the bouquet of flowers in front of her seat. “What are those?”

Please log in to read the full chapter