CHAPTER 55

THE LEGEND OF DEMON EMPRESS (BOOK 1)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few thousands years ago,

It had been twenty thousand years ever since she arrived and stayed in the Sky Kingdom. Sometimes, people would whispering behind her back as she passed through them and some people would tried to avoid from bumping her. Even though, people called her murderer, traitor, half-breed, that won't stop both the Emperor and Empress of the Sky Kingdom called her back and forth to the palace.

 

"You're here again?" asked Xu Kun as he saw Lina was sitting under the pavilion while continue enjoying her tea after having a hi-tea with the Empress just now.

"Humm," Lina answered unbothered with his presence.

All the servants walked away as Xu Kun dismissed them. Leaving the both of them.

 

"I heard your and my Crown Prince brother's engagement," he said while studying her face.

She looked more calm and quite than before. It seems she was occupied with a lot of things and hiding some secrets.

"Yeah," she said and Xu Kun stared at her.

"You're hiding something, Lina," said Xu Kun and Lina turned to him.

"Hiding something?"

"Yeah,"

 

Lina went into silent for a while.

 

"I guess, you're just imagining things," she said back.

"Lina, I do know well about you even though we are not close enough like we are with Hanna. But still, you kind of different,"

"Different in a good way or bad way?" 

"I won't say it good... even... it isn't a bad thing too..." he said slowly and shrug.

 

"Then, what are you trying to say?" asked Lina and raised her eyebrows.

"What he is trying to say is, you seems look far away," a voice interupt them.

Both of them turned to look the voice's owner.

 

"Hongyi," called Xu Kun and Hongyi bowed respect to his brother. Lina watched him took a seat next to Xu Kun while both princes faced towards her.

"Look, me being different than before is none of your business," said Lina slowly.

"It is, after all, you are going to be part of our family," said Hongyi.

"And you like that?" she asked back  and they went into silence.

 

"Engagement between me and your brother is just an arrangement. We don't know if it would be happen or not," she said casually.

"If it happen?"

"It won't,"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter