CHAPTER 15

THE LEGEND OF DEMON EMPRESS (BOOK 1)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Few thousand years ago...

She looked at him while waiting for him to say something.

"Why do you need to leave?" asked Joshua while looking at her straightly. 

"Something happened and I need to leave to help," she said.

"It's already six months, you're being the Empress and you didn't even understand the rules and regulations as an Empress?" he said coldly and Lina shivered. Oh, she didn't like this.

"I-"

"You do realize the consequences leaving the palace without reason," he added and slowly walked towards her.

"Now, tell me the reason why and I will let you go," he said as he stood in front of her. Close to be exact.

"I can't"

"And you want to keep acting suspicious,"

"What do you mean?" she asked him weirdly.

"Ever since the day you came here, you're acting differently. It's like you're trying to cover something," he said suddenly and Lina bit her lips.

"Then, it's becoming more suspicious after Sera investigated about your well-being during your stay in the Sky Kingdom,"

"Hold on, you asked someone to investigate me?" she asked disbelief.

"Then you need to tell me,"

"Do you not trust me that much?" she asked again and Joshua sigh.

 

"This conversation won't go anywhere if you keep avoiding to answer me," said Joshua and Lina looked away then looked at him.

"Will you believe me then if I tell you the truth?"

"Lina..." he slowly called and hesitate to answer her.

"You don't. No one will," she said painly. She walked backward trying to move away from him.

"Lina. It's not like that,"

"If you refuse to give me the permission to leave, it's okay. I won't force you," she said while walking away then out of his study room.

 

Lina looked at her husband who was sleeping soundly beside her.

Ever since they had talk inside his study room, she avoid him at all cost but then he seem doesn't care since he had tons of works to be settle. While she, she's only small matter compare to those matters.

Lina slowly moved away from him and tip toed walking out from their chamber. She pulled her night robe tightly while

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter