CHAPTER 47

THE LEGEND OF DEMON EMPRESS (BOOK 1)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few thousand years ago,

They all stood and shocked appeared on their faces. They just couldn't believe what they just saw in front of them.

"Shua," she called him and she can felt he was raging in fury.

 

There she was standing in between of his parents, the Demon Emperor and Empress, who was laying dead on the floor with blood came out from both of their mouth.

"Shua, I can explain-"

"You killed them?" his voice was cold and the temperature suddenly drop making everyone shivered in cold. Lina gulped. She never see him fuming rage and she knew, this time, no one could stop him.

 

Lina turned to look at Hoshi and he looked at her with shame and hurt. Then she looked every Demon Lords and they looked at her with hatred and hurt. 

"GUARDS! TAKE THE MURDERER TO THE DUNGEON!" screamed Joshua as he approached to his parents' bodies. Without looking at his lover, he just stared at the lifeless body in front of him.

Lina silently just let the guards took her away.

 

She coughed dryly as she felt her body weaken. It had been months, no one came to visit her in the prison. She was being isolated away from other prisoners. She winced in pain as she moved a little to find a comfortable spot for her to sit on. She closed her eyes and the words still haunting inside her memories.

 

She remembered how look they gave to her as they embarrassed her by flogged her in front of thousands of demons. She remembered how they kept saying she was lucky that Joshua, the new emperor gave her a merciful punishment by downgrading her status to a lowly maiden.

 

She opened her eyes and looked at the glass of water. All they gave to her was the glass of water in order to keep her survive. But her, she don't want to survive. The sin she did was too big for her to continue to live on.

But again, she remembered what the late Demon Emperor and Empress told her.

 

She need and must survived in order to help everyone. She sigh and rest her head on her wounded arms.

"Lina, you need to be strong," she whispered to herself. 

"But, would I be able to survive?" she added and shook her head.

 

Her eyes looked up as she heard someone opened the door. Her face lit up as she saw Hoshi but then fade as he looked at her without any emotion on his face. 

"Here," he gave her the clothes and she just looked at it. It was a clothes that only being wear by the low status demon or immortal.

"This is the only right punishment for you considered what you have did before for the kingdom and to him," he said and Lina just remained silent.

"Wear this and leave immediately," he said as he put down the clothes.

Before he left, he said to her, "And we all hope, we could never see you again."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter