How I Truly Feel

In Plain Sight

Wheein pulled into the parking spot at last and was grateful for the break, she loved Yongsun but the atmosphere which was usually so cheerful and giggly had turned sour and heavy. She turned the engine off and hopped out of the car, Yongsun slouched out of her side and the door slammed unnecessarily heavily as Wheein winced with the thought of damage being inflicted on her baby. Linking her arm with Wheein's, Yongsun tried her hardest to smile as they walked through the doors of the bar. As they entered, Wheein waved at someone she recognised and unhooked her arm, leaving Yongsun to stand alone just inside. After a few seconds of watching her own feet, she felt her eyes tear up and had to shake them away, she was being silly missing Moonbyul like this. Why had she started acting as though they had gotten a divorce?, she felt her ring on the necklace which lay flat and cold against her chest. Wheein came back and grabbed her by the hand, she was embraced breifly by Hyejin, she knew her perfume, and eventually sat down at a table where she felt like a third wheel as the couple began nuzzling affectionately beside her. A young woman came to ask if they wanted any drinks and Yongsun ordered herself a very large, very alcoholic one as she watched the stage, her eyes glazed over absently as the microphone was brought on and the height adjusted before the employed walked away and the room fell silent.

"Hello, good evening ladies. I would like to dedicate this song to my own beautiful wife, who is right here in front of me looking as glamorous as ever. This is for you sweetheart, I love you Yongsun.". It took a second for the words in that familiar tone of voice to reach her ears and trigger her to look up, but Yongsun smiled a watery smile as she saw Moonbyul grinning at her before the start of the only song that connected them as one. It was a slow song, and although work had meant very little of their songs featured her wife's singing voice instead of rapping, she sang it beautifully and Yongsun found herself as entranced as she was when it was sung at their wedding all those years before. Hyejin had stopped kissing Wheein and the pair had gotten up to slow dance in a crowd of fellow lovers, Yongsun would have felt jealous if she hadn't been rooted to her seat listening and watching Moonbyul completely.

When she had finished, to raucous applause, she hopped down from the stage and stood Yongsun up slowly embracing her. It had been what felt like an eternity without her and she realised that however she felt about the outside world and what they perceived them as, it didn't matter. All she needed in the world was right here in her arms and if she could, she would never let her go.  Wheein and Hyejin did a kind of Waltz over to them and muttered: "Finally you guys are getting along again, about time.". Before either one had said anything in reply, they had twirled away again and Yongsun pulled Moonbyul closer. She felt lips on her neck and smiled serenely as Moonbyul pulled away a little and showed her the ring that sat in pride of place on her finger, with her other hand she found Yongsun's and removed it from the necklace, pushing it gently back on the finger it belonged on. Yongsun had to admit that her heart fluttered a little as it felt like Moonbyul was proposing again.

It must have been getting late because the women in the bar were slowly leaving in varying states of tipsy, arms looped in arms, hands in hands as they made their ways back to taxis and went home to their inviting beds. The music faded and Moonbyul whispered in Yongsun's ear, "Honey, you know I love you right?. Please don't ever feel unloved by me because all it really is is the feeling of missing and the jealousy that the world will see you as his and not mine.". There was a small sniff and Yongsun nuzzled further into Moonbyul's chest as Hyejin and Wheein started walking towards them, she wiped her tears on Moonbyul's shirt and in a muffled voice cursed at her for making her cry. It wasn't that she was angry, she just wished Moonbyul had told her how she felt earlier so that she could stop feeling so guilty. They broke apart slowly and Moonbyul pecked Yongsun's lips as she saw her chubby cheeks shining with tears. Walking to the car hand in hand, they followed Wheein and this time when she got in, Yongsun spared the door slam.

Wheein pulled into the driveway of Moonbyul's apartment and turned the engine off, they had agreed on the journey back that everyone was staying here tonight because they were all too exhausted and so they hopped out of the car and closed the doors with care since Wheein scowled at them all in turn, she was tiny but could be frightening sometimes too. Moonbyul found her keys in her pocket with ease and let them all inside, locking the door as Hyejin closed it behind herself. After a round of hot cocoa in their pyjamas, Moonbyul always had spares in case their friends stayed over all of a sudden, they bid goodnight to each other and split off into their couples and flopped onto their beds without getting under the covers. Moonbyul fell asleep instantly and Yongsun could hear no noise from the room next to theirs so presumed she was the only one still awake. She held her left hand in front of her face and looked at the gleam of her ring in the darkness, she smiled as she rolled over closer to Moonbyul and put her arms around her, snuggling closer still. Moonbyul felt the tickle of Yongsun's whisper on her ear, "As long as I have you to come home to, I could spend the rest of the day in hell, I love you Byulie.".