Him

In Plain Sight

It seemed to take an age for them to fall asleep, not because of anything in particular but for a thousand thoughts running through their heads at once. It was starting to become light before anyone shut their eyes fully and Yongsun was teh first to do so, Moonbyul watching her lovingly. When they woke up, it was to a knock at the front door, unusual since they had a fully functioning bell. Sitting up and rubbing her eyes, Moonbyul gingerly moved Yongsun's arm from where it was resting across her body before getiing out of bed, shuddering at the cold and pulling on her robe. Fastening the belt around her waste, she walked out of the room, pulled the door to behind herself and crossed the front room in a few steps. There was another knock at the door and she held her tongue so as to stop herself from yelling at the visitor to wait a second since she wasn't an olympic sprinter. Composing her face into a welcoming look so that she didn't offend whoever had come to see her so early, she unlocked the door and pulled it towards her, smiling as she rubbed her eyes one more time. "Hi, um..sorry to bother you but I was wondering if you had a contact number for Yongsun?. We need to stay in contact in case the show calls and needs us both..um..", he grinned and she wanted to punch him right there and then but she kept her smile and asked if he'd like to come in. A huge part of her hoped he would say no and she could legitimately slam the door in his face but he nodded and stepped inside as she opened the door fully to admit him. They stood for an awkward few minutes near the kitchen before she offered him a drink, he seemed nervous and shook his head a little too enthusiastically. Excusing herself and saying he was welcome to sit down, she went back into the bedroom and woke Yongsun up gently, pressing her finger to her lips, she whispered that they had a visitor and to be quiet. Yongsun nodded and sat up, leaning into her wife as she sighed.

"Who is it?, someone from work?", Yongsun's voice came out as a gravelly whisper and Moonbyul smiled to hear it, it wa the little things like her morning grogginess that she loved the most and she whispered back exactly who had showed up and what he had asked for. Yongsun looked a little horrified as she pulled back a little from Moonbyul and she grimaced at the idea of giving her number to him but she also laughed silently and Moonbyul held her shuddering body tightly. "The audacity of him. There's no way he's getting my number, the company said nothing about us needing each other's number for any reason at all and i'd like to keep it that way.". Moonbyul was the one shaking with laughter now as she lapsed into silent giggles because the gap between Yongsun's eyebrows had disappeared and she looked like a child who hadn't gotten their way and was letting their parent know that they weren't happy about it. Moonbyul thought for a second and came up with the idea that Yongsun should stay in bed and pretend not to be there whilst she dealt with the intruder. Yongsun nodded and let herself fall back onto the bed, her eyes starting to close before Moonbyul had left the room. Thinking to herself as she saw him sat on the sofa looking content and at home, she wondered how one person could make a ball of hatred well up inside her so fast and secondly, how long she would be in prison for murder if she just throttled him right here and now. A smirk played across her lips as she approached him from behind and she heard the attack tune from Jaws playing in her head. As if he could sense her behind him, he turned his head and smiled, asking if everything was ok. She said it was and sat near to him but not near enough that she could touch him, the threat of violence still very real on her part.

His eyes met hers and he looked away as if she was the one he was the tv husband of, she frowned a little in the silence and his eyes found her ring, she had forgotten to take it off of her finger and put it on her necklace and he asked, "Is that an engagement ring? Who's the lucky guy? Do I know him?". His questions came thick and fast but she heard them all and answered quickly that it wasn't an engagement ring, that was just the best fitting finger for it and that there was no guy. He smirked then and she hated him a little more, he commented that he imagined she fought men off every day even with her boyish charm. The sleekness of his words weren't missed by Moonbyul but she smiled politely all the same. He seemed to remember something and her heart stopped for a second as he asked off-handedly if that was the same ring Yongsun had. It took her a second but she instantly thought of an excuse and was secretly proud of herself for coming up with it on the spot. "Ah, yes. It's a friendship ring. We got them when we debuted but obviously we had to hide them from public in case of scandalous rumours..I don't know where Yongsun is by the way but I don't think she'd be comfortable with me just giving you her number so maybe you can come back another time and talk to her then?. I don't mean to be impolite but I have plans today and i'm already a little late sooo...". She tried her hardest not to be rude but she had to metaphorically bite her tongue so she wouldn't call him all the foul names she had been thinking and they stood up in unison before crossing to the front door. Just as she let him out and he bowed in apology for disturbing her, he made one last comment which made her face grow hot and her hands clench into fists.

"For a second I thought you were going to say you two were engaged to each other but that would be gross. Right?".

"Yeah, gross.", her face must have shown her anger because he left quickly and she slammed the door so hard that Yongsun wrenched the bedroom door open to see if she was ok, she said she was but her insides boiled as she burned the mental effigy of him, over and over and over again.