The Way You Look Tonight

In Plain Sight

"Wow."

It was all Moonbyul could say, her eyes wide as she looked at Yongsun in her dress. There was nothing remarkable about in specifically but the way it clung to her in the right places and dropped off of her in others, had Moonbyul stunned by her beauty. There was a kind of cast meet and greet happening tonight and everyone from the show would be there in their best outfits. Moonbyul would have been jealous if they hadn't given everyone a plus one. She stood for a minute more looking at her gorgeous wife in that cream coloured dress until she realise she had to get dressed herself. At the moment she was still wearing her pyjamas, a long black t-shirt and her boxer shorts. Making her way to the wardrobe, she picked out her suit and placed it on the bed, shaking out of her clothes and standing there analysing whether she needed the toilet before dressing or not, she didn't. She was just buttoning her jacket and putting her tie around her neck when the bedroom door opened a crack and Yongsun stood there, leaning against the frame with her arms folded. Smiling, she wolf whistled and walked into the room, stepping up to Moonbyul to fasten her tie for her, the smell of her sweet perfume making Moonbyul smile. "My handsome Byul-yi, I think i'll have to fight off all the ladies with you looking like this tonight", she finished tying and pulled gently on the tie so that their lips met and she gave Moonbyul a long loving kiss, not wanting to move apart but knowing she had to or they would be late.

They arrived just in time, presenting their invitation at the door and walking arm in arm. Once again their rings dangling on their necklaces just in case. Moonbyul automatically scanning the room for signs of him was pulled back to reality by Yongsun squeezing her arm gently and muttering under her breath, "Relax honey, even if he is here, i'm with you tonight. I'm with you every night for the rest of our lives, ok?". Moonbyul looked at Yongsun and smiled, nodding once and steering her to the refreshments table. After a few minutes, she realised she really should have gone to the toilet as a precaution and she left Yongsun apologetically, fearing that any time she was alone, someone would take her away. Rushing to the bathroom, she was stopped just before the door by a burly security guard who smirked as he said.

"The men's bathroom is that way sir". He laughed as Moonbyul side stepped him and entered the ladies room. She loved who she was and loved dressing comfortably but the constant misgendering was tiring and she sometimes had to take a deep breath not to react and get arrested because of some narrow minded comment. As predicted, the women in the bathroom looked at her for a moment before resuming their makeup touch ups and gossip. When she had finished, she walked back into the main room and looked for Yongsun, her heart sank as she saw her on the dancefloor with him. Obviously the company had insisted they dance together for publicity's sake but it felt like she was helpless watching as he swept her wife off of her feet once again. Making her way to the refreshments, she asked for a shot of soju and threw it back before thinking what she could possibly do. The first option was to drown her sorrows and make her way home, getting someone to tell Yongsun where she had gone and that she would have to make her own way home. No, that wasn't the right choice. Downing a second shot, she thought again. This time she had it!, yes, that would work, but it was a little risky. Moving away from the bar, she removed her necklace and replaced the ring on her finger, fastening the necklace once more before pulling out a small ampule of what she knew was Yongsun's favourite aftershave. She put some of the aftershave on either side of her neck and on each wrist before putting the little bottle back into her inside jacket pocket. She crossed the floor in a few strides and manouvred herself between all the dancers who parted to let her pass. His head was what greeted her first, she tapped him on the shoulder, Yongsun frowning a little as they stopped dancing, he turned to face Moonbyul.

"Excuse me, may I have this dance?".

Her voice was low but there was an unmistakeable tone that suggested the answer had to be yes or there would be consequences. His smile drooped and he nodded politely, stepping away from Yongsun and allowing Moonbyul to take charge of the dance in his place. Smirking at him as he skulked away in defeat, she held Yongsun's hand in hers and place her other arm around her waist carefully. Immediately with this gesture, Yongsun changed, her expression lightened and she leaned into Moonbyul's neck, sniffing lightly, taking in her scent. They swayed slowly and for all they cared, they could be the only people in the entire building because Yongsun never wante to let go. Other pairings came and went, nobody asked for Yongsun's hand for the rest of the night and that made Moonbyul very happy indeed. Yongsun played with the ring on Moonbyul's finger and remarked softly, "Oh good, back in it's rightful place. Just as you are, right now.". Her voice was a little sleepy and Moonbyul was grateful when the host of the party said it was time to start packing up. There was an organised chaos to the exiting guests and they joined the throng of people at the coat check area, Moonbyul collecting Yongsun's jacket and placing it around her shoulders before they got in their car and drove home. Yongsun lay against her shoulder as Moonbyul drove slowly through the night, happy that she had gotten a small victory against the one person between her and her wife. She smirked to know it and as they rolled slowly into the driveway, she was tempted to gloat about it to Yongsun but she figured she would just savour the moment for herself this time.

Once inside, Yongsun hung her coat up and stood for a moment, looking at herself in the mirror, almost surprised at how well she had scrubbed up. Moonbyul appeared behind her and pulled her into an embrace, they swayed on the spot and Moonbyul kissed Yongsun's lips softly, longingly. "Nevermind watching out for me tonight babe, I had to fight men off with the way you look tonight.". Her words felt so warm against Yongsun's neck that she closed her eyes to save this night and this specific moment in her memory forever. She really did love Moonbyul with all her heart and she always would.