Truth

In Plain Sight

They had decided the order of play by age, as usual, Yongsun was first. They didn't play like others did, their fate was decided by a single dice, if it landed on an even number then you told a truth asked by a friend. If it was an odd number then a dare was set by a pre-written chart set up between Hyejin and Moonbyul. Yongsun wasn't sure which one she would prefer and so with apprehension and a scrunched up face, she cast the dice and heard a cheer as the girls announced it was a 6. Wheein cleared ready to ask a question but was talked over by Hyejin who burst out with the question she had wanted to ask since her suspicions had started back at the studio. "Is there something going on between you and Byulie unnie?", Yongsun felt her face grow hot and knew she had turned crimson in the process of being asked the one question she dreaded, she dared not to look at anyone, especially Moonbyul who's hand was inches from her own as per usual in times when all she wanted was to reach for it and feel reassured. The room was silent for a moment and as she looked up, she saw all eyes on her own, Wheein had open in amazement at Hyejin's bold questioning and her beer bottle was raised to her lips almost. Hyejin clearly felt no remorse in her bluntness and sat slightly forward waiting for confirmation or denial, her suspicious eyes piercing Yongsun's very soul as she felt hot tears well up in panic. Two things happened in quick succession, she felt a familiar and warm hand on her own and the owner of said hand wiped her tears away softly with a tissue. It took a second for the dense atmosphere to lift but it was Moonbyul who spoke clearly and Hyejin got her answer so she sat back and smiled in satisfaction.

"Yongsun and I are married, we were waiting to tell you guys but now we're ready for you to know the truth. She has been living with me for quite a while now and we love each other completely. Even though we kept it a secret, we hope you guys can accept us as a couple and still be our friends. We understand if you can't but please accept our apology for deceiving you all these years, we didn't want to lose this friendship.". Yongsun's heart jumped as she was suddenly enveloped in Wheein's arms, their silent friend had crossed the room quickly and hugged both of her older members as soon as she could without interrupting Moonbyul's speech. Suddenly Yongsun felt overwhelmed and more tears spilled down her front as she reciprocated her friend's hug, Moonbyul massaging her back trying to comfort her wife. Itwas a few seconds before they realised Hyejin had not moved from her seat across from them and hadn't uttered a word since asking for the truth. Wheein turned slowly and they all looked at her with enquiring but friendly eyes. She was sat with her knees drawn up to her chest and her head resting on them, all three of them snuck over to her and wrapped her in a hug of her own, Yongsun's face newly dried. After a few seconds she raised her head and they saw her own face streaked with tears too. She could only manage a few words in her shaky voice but they were impacting nonetheless.

Moonbyul grinned and Yongsun put her arms around her wife as they backed away a little to let Wheein in closer. Although she was the smallest, she seemed to need a lot of space. "I love you Wheein", they seemed like tiny words and not a patch on the previous revelation but her heart beat fast as she mumbled them and it leapt as the object of her affection came closer and pecked her on the cheek in response. Wheein's soft thumbs cleared Hyejin's cheeks of tears and her hands cupped her face as she smiled with her deep dimple in full effect. A small peck on the lips was all Hyejin needed to know in confirming her answer and the pair sat for a short while alone but in love. Moonbyul had crept to bed with Yongsun and neither Hyejin nor Wheein was aware of their solitar situation for a while. It was dark in the living room but one lamp was on and so they pulled themselves apart and set up the sofa bed which they would be sharing for the night, working in silence until it was made and they had taken it in turns to go to the bathroom and wash the remains of their makeup off. Wheein go into bed first, Hyejin stood waiting and turned the lamp off before getting into bed too, she didn't want to push things and so she kept a space between them as she shimmied down under the duvet to sleep. Within seconds she felt a warmth on her left side and knew Wheein had closed the gap between them, her arms were clamped around Hyejin's waist already and she giggled as she pulled herself closer. Hyejin smiled at it all and felt her heat beat faster at the feel of Wheein finally so close. She felt the warmth spread to her cheek and suddenly Wheein kissed her cheek once more before whispering softly and sending a pleasant ripple of thrill down Hyejin's body.

"About time, what took you so long?...I love you too, my Hyejinie." .