Time For Action

In Plain Sight

His hands on her body, his lips on hers, his breath warming her neck as his kisses singed into her skin, his hands finding all the places she kept hidden and making her moan his name.

"NO!".

She had woken in a sweat and now sat bolt upright as a sleepy Yongsun massaged her back in comfort and asked what was wrong. Moonbyul started sobbing and slumped back onto her pillow, covering her eyes in shame. Yongsun rolled over and pulled her into her arms, frowning a little in concern. Moonbyul's body shook a little as she continued to cry into her wife's embrace. When she stopped and pulled a little away, she wiped her eyes and gave a watery smile. Yongsun only watched and grimaced sympathetically, her hand still slowly massaging Moonbyul's back as she asked what had upset her. Her eyes widening at the answer. "I..had a..nightmare...you...him..together..couldn't stop you...", her voice came out in short breathless bursts and Yongsun chuckled in spite of herself. She had known the impact the show had on Moonbyul but she hated the fact it had infiltrated her dreams and made her even more unhappy. They cuddled in bed for a few more minutes until Yongsun decided to get up and make Moonbyul breakfast in bed. She pecked her lips and got out of bed, putting on her dressing gown and making her way to the kitchen. Frying eggs, sizzling bacon and trying not to burn toast all whilst the coffee percolated was a many pronged talent that she had and she smirked in satisfaction as she scrolled through her phone to find her manager's number. Pressing the 'call' button, she waited as an automated voice told her he was busy and she could try again ina few minutes or leave a message. She did the latter and told him to clear her schedule for the day as she had plans. As the food and coffee seemed to finish being made in perfect synchronisation, her phone buzzed and her boss had sent a single word reply 'Ok', to which she rolled her eyes at his laziness. Sure, he was on top of things when there was even a whiff of a scandal but asking for time off was like pulling teeth. 

A snuffly Moonbyul emerged from the bedroom with the duvet wrapped around her looking sad and like she needed the biggest hug. Yongsun looked at her as she finished gathering the breakfast things and in her softest tone of voice said, "Moonbyul, sweetheart, I thought I was bringing breakfast to you?. Do you want it on the sofa instead?. We can snuggle for a while if you want.". Moonbyul nodded and sank onto the sofa face first, Yongsun hated when she was like this. Always the same no matter what nightmare she had had, always slightly depressed and done with the world. Her phone rang and she excused herself when she had set the tray down, closing the bedroom door behind her, this was the call she had been waiting for all day and she could not let Moonbyul hear her or the surprise would be ruined. It was a brief call but when she hung up, she closed her eyes for a second in relief and opened the bedroom door again to see Moonbyul curled into a self-pity ball on the sofa, well at least she could breathe now. Yongsun manouvred herself so that she was over Moonbyul but not on top of her, peppering her face with kisses, she was satisfied only when she heard a reluctant giggle and she stopped. Looking at her red, tear streaked face, she smiled and told her they were going out so she better get dressed. Moonbyul's energy pepped up a little when she heard Yongsun had made plans and she stood up, asking Yongsun to help her dress. Honestly, sometimes it was hard work being married to this woman when she acted like a lazy teen. 

For someone who had been moving slower than a snail, Moonbyul dressed surprisingly quickly and it had nothing to do with the fact that Yongsun had laid her clothes out like she was a child and helped her take off her pyjamas. The suit fit perfectly, a pinstriped affair with a deep purple waistcoat and crisp white undershirt, the same purple was used for her tie and a moon shaped tie pin finished the look off. As she sat on the sofa to polish her best shoes, Yongsun emerged in her dress. It still took Moonbyul's breath away to see how snugly it fit her body, the light lilac material not too tight but just enough in the right places to show her curves. It was a few minutes before Yongsun smirked as she fastened her earrings and said, "Close your mouth honey, you'll start catching flies like a toad.", Moonbyul snapped shut and used all her willpower to wrench her eyes back to what she was doing. Her hands blackened by the polish more than usual because her concentration had slipped so much that she had put her whole palm in the tin accidentally. Yongsun laughed and said she'd offer to help but she was afraid she'd get it on her dress and it was a nightmare to get out. "Come on, we're already late. I'll wait in the car, ok?", there was a slight impatience in her tone and Moonbyul nodded as she finished polishing and closed the tin. Pulling on her left shoe, she was just doing the laces up as she looked up to see one of her favourite sights, Yongsun's tightly clothed , before she closed the door behind her and left for the car. Standing up quickly, she made sure that there was no lingering polish on her clothes or shoes, a gentle stamp was sufficient enough to shake remnants off, then she checked her own reflection in the floor length mirror before picking up her keys and leaving the apartment. It wasn't often that Yongsun drove so it was nice for her to not have to worry about concentrating on the road as she climbed into the car and pulled the door shut. Fastening her seatbelt, she smiled and reached for Yongsun's hand as her wife started the car and drove them to their unknown destination. When they pulled into a gravelled driveway about an hour later however, Moonbyul felt a flutter in her stomach, the same butterflies as she had gotten both when she had first met Yongsun and all through their wedding ceremony. 

Yongsun opened the door and got out of the car, walking around to Moonbyul's side and opening the door for her in a rare fit of gallantry. Moonbyul stepped out and followed Yongsun's lead, holding her hand and trying to take in all the sights as they approached the hotel. It was a grand building and it made a nice change from the busy tower blocks of inner city Seoul she was used to but she had to admit that she was confused why they were there at all. She was just about to say something when a well dressed woman approached her, she was clearly part of a welcoming committee, and asked if they were guests of the bride or the bride. For a while, Moonbyul was confused, especially when Yongsun stepped closer to the woman and muttered something to her, this newly secretive side of her was frustrating not to be a part of. The woman nodded and escorted them both up the driveway and to the wide open oak double doors, Moonbyul frowned in her confusion but Yongsun's arm was now linked in hers and she read the large board propped up on an easel just inside the door: 

'Welcome, friends and family, to the vow renewal of Mrs Moon Byulyi and Mrs Moon Yongsun'.