For The Cameras

In Plain Sight

Moonbyul rolled over and stretched her arm across the bed to where she expected it to rest on Yongsun's warm back, but it drop softly onto the empty space next to her and she sighed. They had gone to bed in a confused state, they hadn't had an arguement but it felt like the same atmosphere, like if either one of them said anything, the other would tear their head clean off of their shoulders and so they had silently resolved to not talk at all. She opened her eyes and frowned, what more could she do to bring her favourite smile back?, it was almost like Yongsun never wanted to be near her anymore and the cold metal of her ring weighed her down both by the finger and in her heart. In all these years, she had never felt so useless in the relationship. Rubbing her eyes to wake herself up a little more, she sat up in bed and pulled on her silk dressing gown, tying it loosely around her midriff and fashioning an equally loose bun for her hair. The curtains were already a fraction open but she opened them fully now as she clambered out of bed. A faint whiff of coffee floated in and she smirked, Yongsun must be in the kitchen already. Moonbyul padded softly out of the bedroom and into the main room of the apartment, she had been right to assume Yongsun was in the kitchen, there she was, stood with a similarly loose updo, her dark hair lifted to reveal the back of her neck covered in fine baby hairs. Her back was to Moonbyul so she didn't notice when her wife crept up behind her and wrapped her gently in a cuddle, soft kisses peppering her bare neck. Yongsun smiled a little and turned to face her, a pout appeared on her lips and Moonbyul promptly pecked them repeatedly until she got what she had wanted from Yongsun, a volley of giggles and that intoxicating eye-smile she had been missing these last few days. "What are you making?, it smells almost as good as you baby.". Moonbyul knew it was cheesy as she said it but she smirked all the same and Yongsun turned to face her, smiling. Yongsun was about to answer when the doorbell rang and they split apart, she momentarily pressed her forehead on Moonbyul's chest in frustration before walking to open the door, leaving Moonbyul behind to finish making them breakfast.

A bag was at her as she opened the door and she was almost knocked over by the person behind it as they made themselves at home, sliding off their shoes and climbing onto the sofa. For a second, all Yongsun could do was stand there and stare as her sister promptly lay down and yawned. Moonbyul appeared and closed the door gently, she pecked her wife on the cheek to bring her back to the room and laughed as she took the bag and threw it unceremoniously onto Yonghee who chuckled and greeted Moonbyul as if they were old friends. "Oh for goodness sake Yongsun!, you're being weird, I had to get away because mum was doing my head in at home. She keeps trying to set me up with people I work with, it's exhausting!. Do you know how lucky you two are to have each other?, so what if mum never talks to you, at least she's not constantly trying to marry you off. Come and sit down already, you're making the place look untidy.". A tear silently rolled down Yongsun's cheek as she sat down on the spare chair, Moonbyul had gone to collect the coffee and she caught her wife's sad expression as she placed the tray with the three cups onto the table. Perching on the arm of the chair, she pulled Yongsun closer and wiped away her tear, grimacing at Yonghee, who sat up and frowned. "What happened?, tell me who to beat up Yongsun. I came to have fun and get away from stress but maybe i've brought it with me huh?.", Moonbyul smiled softly at Yonghee and Yongsun sniffed before answering her sister in a soft voice.

"It's not fair unnie, we've not been careless outside of the apartment but the one time we were....", she trailed off and Moonbyul massaged her back gently and finished telling Yonghee about the CEO and his suggestion, she found that once she had started, she ended up telling her everything that had been happeneing since that program. It was hard to keep the bitterness from her voice but she sighed when she had finished and Yonghee nodded in understanding before draining her cup of coffee. Leaning forward to put her cup down, in one fluid movement she reached for her younger sister's hands and cupped them in her own, it was as though they were transported back to their many arguments as children and Yonghee felt her eyes prickle as if she could feel her sister's pain. Smiling as she tried her best to raise Yongsun's head and meet her eyes, she thought there must be something she could say that would make this ok, but words seemed to fail her and Moonbyul cleared , gesturing for Yonghee to follow her into the kitchen. When they got to their destination, Yongsun watching through puffy eyes, Moonbyul sighed and stood with her back to her wife as she spoke softly. "I don't know what to do anymore, it's like she thinks we'll break up if she even spends a second with this guy the CEO wants us to be with. She won't talk to me, she won't even eat much, not even tteokbokki. Every morning this week she's been up before me and if she has a schedule then she's out before I even wake up.", Moonbyul looked defeated but Yonghee knew she had to let her finish before saying anything.

There was a small clink from the living room and suddenly Yongsun was in the kitchen, as if she had crept in on purpose to surprise them. She had brought their empty cups and now placed them in the sink, washing them carefully before putting them in the dishwasher. Neither Moonbyul nor Yonghee said a word as they watched her, when Yongsun had closed the dishwasher door and turned it on, she truned to face them and smiled a little before turning to her sister and pulling her into a gentle cuddle, she said in a small voice: "Thank you unnie, for coming, sorry I was upset before. I love you, of course you can stay as long as you want.". Yonghee stood there looking dumbfounded for a seconds before Yongsun let go and turned her attention to Moonbyul. Embracing her wife a little tighter, she look for a second at her sister, who seemed to re-awaken and leave the room to stow her things in the spare room, also known as the room Yongsun slept in when guest came over. Moonbyul looked down at Yongsun and smiled, pecking her nose playfully with her soft lips, a sudden wave of passion must have rolled over Yongsun because before she could do anything else, Moonbyul felt herself pushed lightly against the counter behind herself and Yongsun's lips were on hers in an instant. Even though she didn't want to stop, she pulled away a little and took a breath, Yongsun giggled and said quietly in her ear, "I may have to be with him for the cameras....but i'm all yours everywhere else..". Moonbyul grinned and heard Yongsun gasp as she whirled them around and asserted her own dominance, damn right she was hers and she better not forget it.