Subtle Things You Never See

In Plain Sight

They didn't have a honeymoon, there was no need for a renewal honeymoon. When they arrived back home, it was too a blissfully empty and quiet apartment and they took no time at all in undressing and climbing into bed. Under normal circumstances, they would have to burn off the energy of the day but both of them were just too tired and so they fell asleep in each other's arms and the rest of the night drifted away and melted into one mellow dream after another. Waking up to her face was the best thing in the world and it took Moonbyul a few minutes to gather her thoughts as she slowly pulled Yongsun closer, their warm bodies pressed together under the soft sheets. Sunlight had bled through the tiny gap in the curtains and she squinted a little as she pecked Yongsun's forehead, it felt exactly like it had before, the first time they had married and spent the night as newlyweds but this time there was a serenity and the desire to wake her up for some fun had ebbed as she lay contentedly with her arms wrapped around her love. Since they had no plans for the weekend, Moonbyul had suggested that they relax and spend most of thier time in bed or lazing on the sofa. Looking at her phone and half blinding herself, she scrolled through her unread messages and smiled at all the well wishes, if only thier boss could read them and even see them now, she was sure his heart would give out. Her thoughts turned to her wife's new stalker, where before she imagined every single way she could murder him and get away with it, she now imagined him finding out about her marital status and how distraught he would be. As if it had given her some untapped vigor, she kissed Yongsun's lips and moved a little against her. Her actions gained the attention she had hoped they would and her eyes fluttered open slowly, Moonbyul's lips were met in response with an equally enthusiastic kiss and this seemed to be all that she needed to start her hands exploring. They never parted all the while they were moving and while it took longer than usual for either one to reach their peak, it was a different energy and it was amazing. Where before everything had felt hectic and and rushed, clumsy hands and even clumsier mouths, now they were careful, cautious even, every touch and every kiss perfectly placed and expertly timed. 

As they walked through the market, arms linked casually, Yongsun started to really look around, she had never noticed so much detail in the kinds of people who browsed here before. Moonbyul was the one who suggested they come because they needed to stock up on food and small toiletries but she was so engrossed in her task that she was on almost an automatic path and Yongsun could barely squeeze a sentence out of her. They carried on in silence and greeted a few friends along the way, Yongsun smiling to herself as she noticed a sly hand hold, a quick unnoticed peck on the lips, a brief embrace with a wondering hand. She almost felt like they belonged to a sort of secret society of like-minded women where discretion was key and a knowing nod meant you were seen but not judged. Moonbyul seemingly noticed none of this as she stopped at a hot food stall and purchased a large tub of tteokbokki and some other small tubs of food for herself. It seemed as though the volume of women who were their way inclined was increasing and Yongsun saw it everywhere, at every age, from teenagers to the elderly. She had never before thought about the many stalls owned and run by elderly women with no apparent husband in sight, just the two of them joyfully chatting amongst themselves and in turn to thier customers. It was never so blatant with the elderly, as she presumed it wouldn't be because they had lived through worse surpression in decades gone by and were wary of being exposed even now. Where the younger women would hold hands freely and even playfully kiss each other in a 'joke', these women only gave each other loving looks and touched hands for a second before resuming their distant conversation. It was exactly what Yongsun wanted and she silently thought about discussing their future once they got home, telling herself that she actually wanted to live like the brazen youths be resolving that she would be happy lasting as long as the elderly ladies now comparing sizes of crabs with the new customer at their stall. 

On their way home, Moonbyul stopped at a stall just outside the market and bought them both an ice cream, she paid quickly and they were off on a lovely sunlit walk. Yongsun her own ice cream and playfully leant over and Moonbyul's who gasped in mock annoyance and giggled, popping a small glob of ice cream onto the end of her wife's nose in response. They were in such a playful mood that neither one of them noticed a shiny black BMW pull up beside them and honk it's horn obnoxiously as it mounted the kerb slightly and almost ran them over. Moonbyul's protective instincts took over and she made sure that yongsun was well out of the way of any harm as she turned to curse at the driver. She unwittingly stared as the driver's door opened and a woman stepped out, she was hard faced and dressed expensively, she had all the appearance of a wealthy businesswoman and she lowered her sunglasses for a second to pass a judgemental glance over Moonbyul, smirking as she did so as if the commotion was their fault rather than hers. Leaning back into the car, she touched the thigh of the person in the passenger seat and slowly withdrew with her purse clutched in her hand, closing the door after herself. Yongsun stood her ice cream and paying attention only to the accessories in the nearby shop window of the expensive jewellers as Moonbyul almost gawped at the driver. The unknown passenger was emerging from their side of the car and Moonbyul grinned as yet another young woman stood up, closing the door with a short sharp snap and recieving what she assumed must have been a frosty response from the driver. As she looked up, her eyes met Moonbyul's and they exchanged a smile, she walked around the car and linked arms with the driver, as they passed and entered the jewellery store, she mumbled and apology to Moonbyul who acknowledged the gesture with a cheeky wink and stepped closer to Yongsun who was looking at her and crunching her ice cream cone noisily. It took a few minutes and a lot of brain power on her part, for her to work out that the two young women were lovers, why hadn't she seen it before?. The one gesture that had given it away was the squeeze on the passenger's thigh but she had never seen it so publicly done that her heart skipped a beat at the thought and she had to control herself not to take advantage of Yongsun right now, the thrill throbbing between her highs and making her wish they were still at home and in bed.

The day had passed by quickly, too quickly for her liking, and now they were back home once again. The intense lust she had felt for a few moments earlier had abated and now she felt like she could easily just lay on the sofa with Yongsun and watch tv whilst they fell asleep. She was just in the process of unpacking their shopping when Yongsun appeared and took it from her, placing everything willy-nilly in the fridge and freezer in turn and slamming the doors closed. Moonbyul was about to complain when she felt herself pressed against the kitchen counter, Yongsun's lips frantic on her neck and her hands fumbling with all the fastenings on Moonbyul's outfit as she rushed to undress her. She didn't ssay a word until Moonbyul gasped at the sudden ferocity and started laughing a little at the situation. For the first time, she was the one flustered by her wife's sudden amorous intentions and she had no idea where it had even come from. They had automatically put their rings on necklaces before they went out and the cold chain rolled around lazily against her neck and chest as she moved, this time she gripped Yongsun under her and lifted her bodily onto the counter, she would be the one in charge and this is how it would be. Yongsun gripped her around the neck and her nails dug into her neck as she was placed heavily onto the counter, Moonbyul moaned softly into Yongsun's ear at the slight pain but she loved it secretly and she moved swiftly to take off Yongsun's underwear in a flash, her hands hitching up her skirt and pressing their thumbs on her inner thighs to show her intentions all that clearer. Yongsun now intentionally dug her nails deep into Moonbyul's shoulders which she had managed to bare in her frantic undressing that had kicked off this whole encounter and Moonbyul found herself grateful for the subtle things you never see but they had seen today.