Make Yourself At Home

In Plain Sight

Yongsun had no recollection of going to bed, nor did she remember the bottles of soju they had opened last night. her eyes burned as she woke up slowly. Looking around, she saw her wife next to her, snoring as she always did when she'd drank too much. Yongsun got out of bed slowly and crept across the room to retrieve her clothes, dressing clumsily as she heard movement from the next room. Opening the bedroom door, she walked into the kitchen and saw Yonghee stood sipping coffee in the kitchen, her older sister smirked at her and watched as Yongsun sleepily made herself a drink and sat on a stool massaging her aching temple. "Ah Yongsunnie, why do you drink so much when you end up like this?", Yonghee was either shouting or the alcohol had really hit her because Yongsun's head was throbbing at her sister's soft reprimand. The coffee was warm and extremely welcome as she drank and slowly she came back to her senses as Moonbyul emerged from their room and grinned in an almost knowing way at Yonghee. After making her own coffee, she sat next to Yongsun and massaged her back gently all the while trying not to say anything that might get her in trouble with her hungover wife. Yonghee swept out of the kitchen after putting her cup in the sink and a moment later Wheein sloped in rubbing her eyes and looking tiny in her pyjamas, Hyejin pressumably still in bed. Flopping down on the sofa, she closed her eyes and mumbled something almost inaudible about never drinking again before falling back to sleep.

A small scream from the bathroom startled Moonbyul and Yongsun and they started to get up before the door slammed open and Hyejin stood covered in only bubbles over her important parts, her face bright red. A second later, Yonghee emerged, smirking as usual and acting as though nothing had happened. After a quizzical look from the room at large, Wheein sitting up suddenly at her girlfriend's shout, Hyejin spoke through gritted teeth. "YONGSUN-AH!, TELL YOUR SISTER TO WAIT FOR HER SHOWER!". Moonbyul had to stifle her giggles as the door to the bathroom was softly put back into place and the lock clicked with a mumbling Hyejin back behind it. Wheein, now awake, got up and walked over to the door, knocking softly and asking if she was allowed to enter. The lock clicked and she pushed the door open, slipping inside the room and closing it behind her again. Yongsun and Moonbyul looked at each other slightly nonplussed but went back to what they were doing quickly. They didn't see either Wheein or Hyejin for another half an hour and they took the time to snuggle on the sofa until Yonghee entered the room and made herself at home, lounging on the sofa and stretching her legs so that nobody else could sit down. Moonbyul nudged Yongsun a little with her elbow and flicked her eyes over to her sister-in-law as she sat up and away from her wife before going to change into a new outfit for the day. Yongsun rolled her eyes and sat up too, she cleared and waited for her sister to look at her before saying anything. "Unnie, if you're staying here, can you please respect it as my home and not yours?. I love you but please remember you're a visitor. Hyejin isn't happy and she's my friend so you need to respect her by not barging into the bathroom whenever you like.". Yonghee said nothing but she got up, pouting, and strode into the spare room, without saying a word.

Hyejin emerged from the bathroom wearing a towel around her body and one wrapping around her hair. She had calmed down considerably and now had a follower dressed almost the same but carrying soggy pyjamas behind her. Wheein shuffled after Hyejin as they went to get dressed, Yongsun watching silently like it was her own personal sitcom. Her phone buzzed and she sighed as she picked it up, it was her manager who had found out the starting date for recording the show and Yongsun agreed to everything like a robot because she still didn't see why she had to do it just so that her secret marriage wouldn't be exposed. Why couldn't they be free and open?, why was her country so backwards in it's percepton of love?. It's not the 18th century for goodness sake, people love who they love and the public would just have to put up with it. She hung up a few minutes later and Moonbyul appeared, dressed in Yongsun's favourite suit, she smiled and crossed the room to peck her on the lips as she said, whilst buttoning her jacket, "I'm sorry honey, I forgot I have to meet my sister today. Did you talk to your sister?", Yongsun nodded. "She's welcome any time but she needs to act like a visitor and not a resident. If I have to see her in her underwear one more time..". She trailed off with a giggle as she caressed Yongsun's cheek before collecting her keys and leaving for the day. Yongsun heard her car start and roll out of it's parking space, feeling like she had been left to babysit their 3 children on a day where all she wanted to do was sleep the day away. Tuning the tv on, she flicked mindlessly through the channels until she found a funny variety show and was slowly joined by the delinquents in question. Nobody said a word and it would have been awkward had they not been distracted by the show. Yongsun looked between them and smiled, for one tiny moment, she was in charge of her own life and she was loving it.