Truths And Familiarities

In Plain Sight

The room was hazy at best and her pupils were dilated from the UV filter in the strip lighting that clung to the ceiling of the small karaoke room. A tacky disco ball had been steadily revolving and making her even more tired as she watched, Hyejin's voice was lazy as the latest song in her repertoire drew to a close and she slumped down onto the plastic covered sofa. Both girls had to admit they had drunk far too much and their heads would hate them in the morning but for now all Wheein knew was that she wanted to sleep for as long as possible and she liked the warm pressure of Hyejin's arm against her own. There was a knock at the door and it was pushed open a tiny sliver, the seal made a sound as the door parted with the frame and after a few seconds and some apologetic bowing from a hastily retreating couple, it was safely returned to it's closed state. Wheein smiled as she turned to look at Hyejin and saw her eyes closed and her chest rising and falling in a steady rhythm, looking at her watch, she noticed it was almost closing time and she tried her best to ease Hyejin off of her and awake again but her full weight was on Wheein's shoulder and she frowned in frustration. Finally, Hyejin shifted in her sleep and freed Wheein's arm enough for her to move and stand slowly up, muttering all the time for Hyejin to wake up. A sigh came from from her sleeping companion and Wheein froze for a moment, the colour rising in her cheeks as she could have sworn she heard the words: "I love you Wheeinie".

Even now, seeing and feeling the subtle weight of her ring in the shard of morning sunlight that flooded through Moonbyul's curtains, made her smile and she rubbed her thumb across the cold metal surface for a few seconds. Moonbyul stirred next to her and she quickly felt a tiny embarrassment at her raised arm and let it drop gently to the surface of the duvet. Staying in bed sounded like an amazing idea on their day off but she wanted to do something special today and so she got up, pulled on her favourite shirt, loosely buttoning it, and went silently to the kitchen. Making sure to close the bedroom door as quietly as she could, Yongsun padded barefoot over to the kitchen and started to make coffee and toast for Moonbyul. Cooking was one of the things she was good at and she found once she started one thing, she had to make other side dishes to add at the same time and before she knew it, a snack had turned into a whole meal. It had happened again and she was soon loading up a tray with not only the coffee and toast she'd originally intended to make but freshly scrambled eggs and a selection of fruit. She had even poured a bowl of granola and had a small cup of milk beside the bowl just in case. Once again she had to use all her concentration and hope nothing spilled on her way back into the bedroom, before she even picked up the tray, she crept over to the door and pulled the handle downwards to ease it open. Crossing the living room and gathering the tray again, she nudged open the bedroom door and backed into the room. As she turned, she saw a groggy Moonbyul sat up in bed already, she must have smelled the food cooking or heard the coffee brewing, either way Yongsun was grateful she was awake and she carefully placed the tray on her lap.

It all smelled amazing and she knew that Yongsun's bug for cooking way too much had taken hold of her, but it was something she loved about her wife and she smiled as she saw her back into the room with the tray, she was like an angel the way the sunlight surrounded her in a full bodied halo. The tray was set down gently and she couldn't help her stomach grumbling as she looked at all the food. There was an envelope pinned under her coffee mug and she grabbed it first, it was light and as she tore into the thick paper, she smiled as she opened the card with it's romantic sentiments on the front and read the heartfelt birthday message inside from Yongsun. She leaned over, careful not to move the tray or spill it's contents and touched her lips softly to Yongsun's in thanks, she received her favourite toothy grin in response and felt it infect her own face to affect a similar smile which woke her up a little more before she tucked into her breakfast, offering some to Yongsun as she ate. The two of them finished breakfast at a casual pace and lay back to rest once more.

After an extra hour of relaxation, the tray was taken to the kitchen by Yongsun who grabbed her silk robe on the way out of the room and closed the door on a Moonbyul who was just about to begin dressing herself. Once she was in the kitchen, she deposited the tray on the nearest counter and rinsed it all in the sink until she was satisfied it was clean enough for the dishwasher and she loaded it up in record time, setting off and walking into the bathroom. Retrieving a small box from under the bathroom sink, Yongsun surpressed a giggle as she slid the lock across the bathroom door. Usually their bathroom was a free for all, with them being married, there was nothing to hide, they had seem every inch of each other and were no longer embarrasssed by between them. Abandoning her shirt to the laundry hamper in the corner of the room, she took the items out of the box and put them on along with the robe she had snagged from the bedroom to quizzical looks from Moonbyul. Tying the belt loosely, she made her way back out of the bathroom and hid the newly empty box in a towel drawer in a small closet just outside, between the bathroom and the bedroom.

 With a smile on her face, she opened the bedroom door and eased back into the room, as the door closed behind her silently, she stood and watched with her back pressed gently against the cold wood and watched a now fully dressed Moonbyul as she re-made the bed. Their eyes met and the birthday girl stood smiling as Yongsun walked forward slowly and used her body to make her wife sit on the edge of her freshly made bed. keeping her eyes on Yongsun's, Moonbyul maintained her smile and felt her eyes follow slowly as one of Yongsun's hands traced down the front of her robe to the loosely tied belt which she eased open teasingly slowly. Moonbyul felt her face grow hot and her heart rate quicken as she took in the full view of her wife, robe now on the floor around her feet. The black lace bra was enough but it had been worn with a matching set of and a pair of stockings. She couldn't help but swallow hard as she looked slowly back up and her eyes met Yongsun's, the latter stepping even closer and winding her arms around Moonbyul's neck, whispering into her ear, "Happy Birthday honey, you can unwrap your present now.".